Session 13 March 2021

Laura has unquestionably provided many with extraordinary treasures. I am not questioning that. But I will have to disagree about following a lead as it was described and her own works suggest that one needs to think with their own hammer. I am not saying that romance doesn't have value. I merely suggested that it may not apply to everyone the same way. Nor should it.

Laura has unquestionably provided many with extraordinary treasures. I am not questioning that. But I will have to disagree about following a lead as it was described and her own works suggest that one needs to think with their own hammer. I am not saying that romance doesn't have value. I merely suggested that it may not apply to everyone the same way. Nor should it.
Well the C's said:

Q: (L) Is it as we were saying earlier in our discussion that dealing with karmic and simple understandings is the key? I wrote a post about it on the romance novel thread today [New title: Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work] Is this one of the ways that can really help with that? It can take you through multiple processes by engaging in this reading project, thinking about it, and sharing with others what you are experiencing and learning?

A: Yes. True for nearly everyone.

For "nearly" everyone. I guess that, yeah, for some people it may not 'work' as well or the benefits don't seem to be that apparent, compared to others' experiences. Maybe it partly has to do with this?

The current study demonstrates that the neural representation of fictional characters within the vMPFC differs between those who readily and regularly experience narratives from the perspectives of characters and those who do not.
For individuals high in trait identification, who internalize the experiences of fictional characters, accessing knowledge about fictional characters more closely resembles accessing knowledge about the self,
and this may especially be true for those characters to which they feel closest and who they like the most.
The evidence presented herein shows that the merging of self and other that identification with fictional characters entails can last beyond the confines of the narrative experience itself. When fictional characters are brought to mind later outside of the narrative context, individuals nevertheless differ in the levels of self–other neural overlap they exhibit.

But you can't know unless you try. 2 or 3 books won't do the trick. And for some people it may take longer and more than just a dozen or even 40.

@Pierre @dugdeep

Pierre and dugdeep,

I just want to congratulate you on your recent idea about homeopathy and its possible connection to the information field, as mentioned in this session.

(Pierre) Given the fractal dimension of the electromagnetic connection between informational field and human beings, we think that homeopathic solutions gain potency when the succussion and dilution increase because each time you do succussion and dilution, you replicate at a different scale the same geometric signature that IS the connection to this or that part of the information field, hence increasing the potency that is fundamentally just an informational signature that you replicate and amplify at a different scale. You see what I mean? (“Succussion” is when you hit the vial. The energy provided helps to replicate the geometric signature at a different scale.)

(Joe) So start with little... Say they're like hexagons. When you succuss it, you break that one hexagon into five or six smaller versions. And you do it again and again, and eventually you saturate it with the signature of the information…

(Pierre) And since it's a fractal antenna, you receive at each frequency range, you see?

A: Not only that, but also the division is less material and more pure information field "friendly".

This is the finest idea I read about in a long while. I hope it will be fruitful.

Theoretically there could also be a viable connection with the BioQuantum method. This is just my speculation.

In any case, thanks for the inspiration!

Maybe you should look at why you are resisting this so much?

I have never been interested in Romance novels, but, as with everything else, I know that Laura knows what she is talking about; especially when recommending reading materials. So I started reading those that she has recommended. And it is astonishing how much information is in there dealing with the traumas that so many are dealing with in real time now. There is very sage advice in these novels showing how these things can and should be dealt with; both by the person suffering and those whom are interacting with them.

So it seems that Laura really does know what she is talking about. The fact that so many have had "Aha" moments while reading these books and found some release of repressed emotions and new knowledge of why they may feel the way they do makes it quite worthwhile to read a few of them, at the very least, to see what all of the hubbabaloo is about.

They, also, show how people should be interacting with others of male and female, female and female and male and male. There are many tribulations these characters go through and following along on their journeys is very insightful.

Many thanks to the team for this great session again.

Q: (Joe) Is there anything wrong with the non-mRNA vaccines? Is there anything bad about them?

A: Safer.

Q: (Pierre) Is the reason why the Western powers want to enforce the mRNA vaccines because they contain obedience sequences?
Yes well that would explain in part why there is so much bad reports on the medias about AstraZeneca vaccine and why Castex chose this one for himself repeating that it is safe.
It looks like medias and French government are not much in line on this topic. I still think that the best is to avoid the vaccine, but could it be possible that the French government is trying to promote this vaccine rather than the mRNA ones... ? I'm not that hopeful, but that would be interesting.

(L) So that means they need to get on board with the romance reading project!

(Andromeda) Absolutely. No lazing about! Get to that romance novel! [laughter]

(L) Well... It's a crazy way to do it, but dammit it seems to work! I mean, reading through that thread, people were having insights all over the place. Many are really seeing themselves for the first time. We've tried every other method... And NOW, people are actually having insights into their own thinking, their own behavior, seeing themselves as others see them. It's QUITE remarkable.

GET READIN' NOW!!
[New title: Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work]
Great mission! Even if it can cause a great emotional stirring sometimes, we'll keep reading!!
I wouldn't have imagined that reading a romance novel could be seen as a revolutionary act one day. 😅

Thanks again. Hug to everyone for herd immunity ! :hug2:

Maybe you should look at why you are resisting this so much?

I have never been interested in Romance novels, but, as with everything else, I know that Laura knows what she is talking about; especially when recommending reading materials. So I started reading those that she has recommended. And it is astonishing how much information is in there dealing with the traumas that so many are dealing with in real time now. There is very sage advice in these novels showing how these things can and should be dealt with; both by the person suffering and those whom are interacting with them.

So it seems that Laura really does know what she is talking about. The fact that so many have had "Aha" moments while reading these books and found some release of repressed emotions and new knowledge of why they may feel the way they do makes it quite worthwhile to read a few of them, at the very least, to see what all of the hubbabaloo is about.

They, also, show how people should be interacting with others of male and female, female and female and male and male. There are many tribulations these characters go through and following along on their journeys is very insightful.
I didn't say I was resisting it.

Well, actually, I’d say that Ertugrul is pretty good in that regard, especially compared to other stuff on TV. Just ask the Mind Matters crew. But I do understand your point and I can see how the reading project can make sense in the context of the Work. The thread makes it very clear that it’s been really worthwhile for everyone engaged. I still haven’t started though. The grind of normal life has been just exhausting lately, but I’ll do my best to find the time and energy. I should give an update on my marriage thread anyway, so more about that there, soon.
I think you got the point, Revolucionar, but I just wanted to reiterate it. Ertugrul may be better than other stuff on TV in many regards, but like Laura said, it's no replacement for the romance reading project, nor is ANY tv show or movie (even adaptations of regency romance novels themselves!). Novels in general get into much more depth than tv shows, and these novels in particular deal with emotional/life/relationship stuff in such a way that nothing else does.

Since time and energy seem to be obstacles, maybe you could try an audiobook? I personally haven't listened to any of the romance books as audiobooks, but I'm pretty sure some members have. If you could get hooked on a story or two, that might motivate you (and your wife?) to devote more time to it? You may even end up finding that you ENJOY the reading, even after a hard day's work. It really is food for the soul!

So people, just read at least a couple of the romance novels first before jumping to conclusions.

I'm reminded of this quote from A.A. literature:

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance- that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

Hello! Thank you so much for the session! But I was somewhat surprised by the reaction of Laura, in one part of the session, where the conversation was about the upcoming cataclysms, and in particular Laura expressed a preference to suffer herself instead of others. What about Lessons? You want to break the free will of others? We are in the common people, there is such a saying - we "have," and we are growing stronger. No pain, no benefit. Do you want others to develop? I think that with such volume and quality of information from Cass, it is difficult not to realize such simple truths. I'm sorry for the straight post. I write as I see, without emotions.

A tough guy, but less than completely honorable (four years before he married the love of his life):

The down side of "brutally masculine".
Yes, I was aware of this side of Gable's character and would make no excuses for it. Being a great Hollywood star does not make you a pillar of virtue. Just think of Johnny Depp today. There were disturbing revelations about him that came out recently during his legal action (or media circus!) against, his former wife, Amber Heard. Many Hollwoood stars created personae that the public loved such as John Wayne and Cary Grant to name but two. However, in reality they were nothing like the persons they portrayed on screen. They are actors after all.

Cary Grant, a contemporary of Gable, was a deeply disturbed man due in the main to his mother having been put into a mental institution by his father when Grant was young. This led Grant (real name Archibald Leach) to run away from home to America as a teenager, believing his mother had run out on him. He would only discover his mother was still alive many years after he had become a star. His suave onscreen persona in reality hid a mass of insecurities. He was even reputed to have used LSD as a means of finding relief.

Loretta Young had history too. She had conducted an affair with the actor Spencer Tracey, even though he was a married man and both were practising catholics. There was a running joke in Hollywood that when she was overcome by pangs of guilt for these affairs, she would donate money to build a new church. Tracey was also another deeply disturbed man, who was an alcoholic for much of his career. He blamed his sins for his son's deafness and, as a result, he received psychological counselling for this from a Franciscan priest. It is remarkable how much he aged in a short space of time. He was only 67 when he died but looked much older. He was a brilliant actor though.

Since these stars were valuable properties to the Hollywood film studios they worked for, the studios spent a lot of resources hiding their scandals up. This included affairs, drug taking, alcoholism, homosexuality, abortions, under age sex, illegitimate children. you name it. Some commentators think this didn't stop short of hiding up murders.

As the C's have said, we live in an illusion. Well 'Tinsle Town' is certainly an illusion within an illusion.

Frankly, in the times we live, with the needs all seem to have to achieve some kind of STO candidate profile, I simply see no better exercise.

But, as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

I think you got the point, Revolucionar, but I just wanted to reiterate it. Ertugrul may be better than other stuff on TV in many regards, but like Laura said, it's no replacement for the romance reading project, nor is ANY tv show or movie (even adaptations of regency romance novels themselves!). Novels in general get into much more depth than tv shows, and these novels in particular deal with emotional/life/relationship stuff in such a way that nothing else does.

Since time and energy seem to be obstacles, maybe you could try an audiobook? I personally haven't listened to any of the romance books as audiobooks, but I'm pretty sure some members have. If you could get hooked on a story or two, that might motivate you (and your wife?) to devote more time to it? You may even end up finding that you ENJOY the reading, even after a hard day's work. It really is food for the soul!

Not only that, but novels DEMAND the use of the brain in specific ways, including putting oneself in the shoes of another. And in many of these particular novels, you have the opportunity to put yourself into a LOT of different shoes in a single book in a direct and remarkable way. The potential for building empathy that exists in this property of reading these novels cannot be overstated.

I would also say that reading is better than listening, but listening is certainly better than watching a movie.

I've noticed a marked increase in my ability to quickly imagine and visualize individuals and scenes that are getting more and more accurate and I suspect that is a talent that might come in handy in 4D.

Hello! Thank you so much for the session! But I was somewhat surprised by the reaction of Laura, in one part of the session, where the conversation was about the upcoming cataclysms, and in particular Laura expressed a preference to suffer herself instead of others. What about Lessons? You want to break the free will of others? We are in the common people, there is such a saying - we "have," and we are growing stronger. No pain, no benefit. Do you want others to develop? I think that with such volume and quality of information from Cass, it is difficult not to realize such simple truths. I'm sorry for the straight post. I write as I see, without emotions.

I was not speaking about upcoming cataclysms, but my nature in general which is to try to prevent others from suffering if I can.

Yeah, that's my thinking, too. For me it's usually quite easy to get into the shoes of characters I read about, especially when they're well written, and based on what everyone is saying, these particular characters are well worth it in that regard.
Thanks for the suggestion. Audiobooks wouldn't really add much time to my reading since I edit podcasts all day every day and I would love to read them together with my wife, so if we find the time to do it, it's probably more time efficient to read than listen. Anyway, after listening to spoken word on headphones all day, an audiobook would seem like more work :lol:
I agree that we just need to get into it and I'm sure we'll get hooked soon enough. I'm planning to start tonight, we'll see how it goes. Thanks

Not only that, but novels DEMAND the use of the brain in specific ways, including putting oneself in the shoes of another. And in many of these particular novels, you have the opportunity to put yourself into a LOT of different shoes in a single book in a direct and remarkable way. The potential for building empathy that exists in this property of reading these novels cannot be overstated.
This is really funny and obviously pertinent. I just used those exact same words replying to AP and your post came up just as I was about to post mine. See below. I actually wanted to use a different expression but finally opted for the 'shoes' metaphor. Cool 'coincidence'
For me it's usually quite easy to get into the shoes of characters I read about, especially when they're well written, and based on what everyone is saying, these particular characters are well worth it in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom