Session 14 March 2015

goyacobol and others i suggest we pay no attention to people like mariucz or whatever because imho it is useless to try and prove to them that something really important is afoot on this BBM as well as on other planets. This guy if not an agent or the type of a member described by the C's in the last session as one with contempt is but a rank and file agent provocateur and the most common type to boot.So no attention to him whatsoever. Sooner or later he is going to reap what he is sowing as well as millions of other blind and deaf types around us who won't see the big changes.

goyacobol said:
MariuszJ,

I am not sure what you mean by saying "flap".

I agree that "Future is open and firstly, the events may happen much later and secondly, they may be not as serious as expected." but what should we be doing while we are "waiting until serious changes start."?

If you don't see any seriousness to the current events happening all around us I don't know what to say.
"To get in a flap" means "to panic". I was learning that idiom at English classes at C1 level. It is probably a British idiom. As to what we should do now, we should wait until the very last moment when social unrests are visible to everyone in the society and then to collect a supply of food, water, medicines etc for a couple of months. The probable scenario, as it appears from some past channelings, is that changes in the environment will be visible to such an extent that the society will panic and start asking questions about what will be going on. We need to wait for that moment and as soon as people start asking those questions, every one of us conscious of the situation should actively answer the questions and tell them all they know what Cs have said. Before changes in the environment little can be done since society is not interested in listening. Anyway, what I just wrote is exactly the same that had been advised by Cs some time ago. And by the way, I am not any "agent". I see the seriousness of the situation. I would love the changes to happen now. I am just cautious and do not jump into conclusions nor do I think we should panic. If any one has a better idea about what we should do, I am ready to listen to that. Exchanging views is very important.

goyacobol said:
MariuszJ said:
I suggest that we not get in a flap a wait until serious changes start. Future is open and firstly, the events may happen much later and secondly, they may be not as serious as expected.

MariuszJ,

I am not sure what you mean by saying "flap". I found one definition here:

flap

Also found in: Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
flap
(flăp)
n.
a. A projecting or hanging piece usually attached to something on one side and often intended to protect or cover: the flap of an envelope.
b. Either of the folded ends of a book jacket that fit inside the front and back covers.
c. A variable control surface on the trailing edge of an aircraft wing, used primarily to increase lift or drag.
d. Medicine A piece of tissue that has been partially detached and used in surgical grafting to fill an adjacent defect or cover the cut end of a bone after amputation.
a. The act of waving or fluttering: the flap of the flag in the wind.
b. The sound produced by this motion.
3. Linguistics A sound articulated by a single, quick touch of the tongue against the teeth or alveolar ridge, as (t) in water. Also called tap1.
4. Informal A commotion or disturbance: a flap in Congress over the defense budget.
5. Archaic A blow given with something flat; a slap.
v. flapped, flap·ping, flaps
v.tr.
1. To move (wings or arms, for example) up and down.
2. To cause to move or sway with a fluttering or waving motion: The wind is flapping the tent fly.
3. To cause to strike against something: flapped the paper on the table.
v.intr.
a. To move wings or the arms up and down.
b. To fly by beating the air with the wings: The crow flapped away.
2. To move or sway while fixed at one edge or corner; flutter: banners flapping in the breeze.

I thought you may have meant "A commotion or disturbance: a flap in Congress over the defense budget."

Or "to move wings or the arms up and down."

I agree that "Future is open and firstly, the events may happen much later and secondly, they may be not as serious as expected." but what should we be doing while we are "waiting until serious changes start."?

I think history is replete with examples of individuals (Nero fiddles while Rome burns), cities, countries and empires who just "waited" until it was too late to do anything.

While our part in the big picture may be small and seem insignificant I prefer to "flap" my "butterfly wings" and make whatever small preparation efforts I can.

If you don't see any seriousness to the current events happening all around us I don't know what to say. You might want to just go to SOTT and look around:

SOTT

Of course concerning these events "they may be not as serious" as we think I suppose. :huh:

Flap = To get yourself in a flustered state.

electrosonic said:
goyacobol said:
MariuszJ said:
I suggest that we not get in a flap a wait until serious changes start. Future is open and firstly, the events may happen much later and secondly, they may be not as serious as expected.

MariuszJ,

flap

flap
(flăp)
n.
a. A projecting or hanging piece usually attached to something on one side and often intended to protect or cover: the flap of an envelope.
b. Either of the folded ends of a book jacket that fit inside the front and back covers.
c. A variable control surface on the trailing edge of an aircraft wing, used primarily to increase lift or drag.
d. Medicine A piece of tissue that has been partially detached and used in surgical grafting to fill an adjacent defect or cover the cut end of a bone after amputation.
3. Linguistics A sound articulated by a single, quick touch of the tongue against the teeth or alveolar ridge, as (t) in water. Also called tap1.
4. Informal A commotion or disturbance: a flap in Congress over the defense budget.
v.tr.
2. To cause to move or sway with a fluttering or waving motion: The wind is flapping the tent fly.
v.intr.
2. To move or sway while fixed at one edge or corner; flutter: banners flapping in the breeze.

I thought you may have meant "A commotion or disturbance: a flap in Congress over the defense budget."

I think history is replete with examples of individuals (Nero fiddles while Rome burns), cities, countries and empires who just "waited" until it was too late to do anything.

While our part in the big picture may be small and seem insignificant I prefer to "flap" my "butterfly wings" and make whatever small preparation efforts I can.

If you don't see any seriousness to the current events happening all around us I don't know what to say. You might want to just go to SOTT and look around:

SOTT

Of course concerning these events "they may be not as serious" as we think I suppose. :huh:

Your definition sounds reasonable but is that the only one? I still don't know exactly how MariuszJ defines it. :/

In the context it's being used here, yes it is.

Number 12 below ...

flap
(flæp)
vb, flaps, flapping or flapped
1. to move (wings or arms) up and down, esp in or as if in flying, or (of wings or arms) to move in this way
2. to move or cause to move noisily back and forth or up and down: the curtains flapped in the breeze.
3. (intr) to become agitated or flustered; panic
4. to deal (a person or thing) a blow with a broad flexible object
5. (sometimes foll by: down) to toss, fling, slam, etc, abruptly or noisily
6. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics (tr) to pronounce (an (r) sound) by allowing the tongue to give a single light tap against the alveolar ridge or uvula
n
7. the action, motion, or noise made by flapping: with one flap of its wings the bird was off.
8. a piece of material, etc, attached at one edge and usually used to cover an opening, as on a tent, envelope, or pocket
9. a blow dealt with a flat object; slap
10. (Aeronautics) a movable surface fixed to the trailing edge of an aircraft wing that increases lift during takeoff and drag during landing
11. (Surgery) surgery a piece of tissue partially connected to the body, either following an amputation or to be used as a graft
12. a state of panic, distress, or agitation
13. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics an (r) produced by allowing the tongue to give a single light tap against the alveolar ridge or uvula

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flap

Q: (L) What was that article we read a week ago where somebody was writing that the reason everything is falling apart is because that's what they want it to do?

(Perceval) Dmitry Orlov. He was basically just saying that chaos and destruction was on purpose or intentional. ISIS and all that business is intentional, according to him. They didn't bring freedom and democracy to Afghanistan or Iraq; they brought worse than before. But that's all intentional. That was his point.

(L) But that doesn't make any sense.

A: It makes sense only from a 4D STS perspective.

Q: (Perceval) That's what we've been saying. Orlov was saying it was deliberate... He was saying they want to remake things after they destroy it first, and it's not a mistake.

(L) I think it's just the nature of psychopaths.

(Perceval) That's what I wrote on his blog: that it's even worse than that, because they don't have any plan. They're just nutjobs let loose on the planet, and this is what they do. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

(L) It's like infecting like a body with a virus. The virus just does what it does, which is destroy.

(Perceval) Right, and nobody wants to accept that because it's the scariest proposition at all. It's a runaway train, and nobody's driving.

(L) Yeah, and that's what it is.

Another excellent article posted to SOTT that seems to describe what we're seeing here: The US vampire: How US differs from conventional empires

electrosonic said:
In the context it's being used here, yes it is.

Number 12 below ...

flap
(flæp)
vb, flaps, flapping or flapped
1. to move (wings or arms) up and down, esp in or as if in flying, or (of wings or arms) to move in this way
2. to move or cause to move noisily back and forth or up and down: the curtains flapped in the breeze.
3. (intr) to become agitated or flustered; panic
4. to deal (a person or thing) a blow with a broad flexible object
5. (sometimes foll by: down) to toss, fling, slam, etc, abruptly or noisily
6. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics (tr) to pronounce (an (r) sound) by allowing the tongue to give a single light tap against the alveolar ridge or uvula
n
7. the action, motion, or noise made by flapping: with one flap of its wings the bird was off.
8. a piece of material, etc, attached at one edge and usually used to cover an opening, as on a tent, envelope, or pocket
9. a blow dealt with a flat object; slap
10. (Aeronautics) a movable surface fixed to the trailing edge of an aircraft wing that increases lift during takeoff and drag during landing
11. (Surgery) surgery a piece of tissue partially connected to the body, either following an amputation or to be used as a graft
12. a state of panic, distress, or agitation
13. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics an (r) produced by allowing the tongue to give a single light tap against the alveolar ridge or uvula

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flap

No wonder it sounds so reasonable... ;)

I still like number 1. for some reason. :P

goyacobol said:
electrosonic said:
goyacobol said:
MariuszJ said:

MariuszJ,

flap

flap
(flăp)
n.
v.tr.
v.intr.

SOTT

Your definition sounds reasonable but is that the only one? I still don't know exactly how MariuszJ defines it. :/

goyacobol, I think that MariuszJ has explained the meaning here:

MariuszJ said:
"To get in a flap" means "to panic". I was learning that idiom at English classes at C1 level. It is probably a British idiom.

It is an English idiom, yes. And C1 is an advanced level of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.

So MariuszJ is just saying that we shouldn't panic, which is something I agree with. Nevertheless, I do think that we must pay attention left and right and do the little things that we can do now. As Chu pointed out here "Everything you do now, is one less thing to stress about later."

Regarding the people that won't listen, I think that if you approach people considering their particular knowledge and trying to find a common ground from where to talk, you can at least give a few hints. I mean, if you go about saying "the world is about to crash and chaos is coming", a person might very well believe you're nuts. But, if you try to think of a person's background, understanding that they might not have the information that allows him/her to see what you can see, then you think of a common topic that this person can understand and work from there. Yet, it is important to remember that we must respect everyone's free will, so if someone isn't really interested in knowing about this... well, as sad as it might be, that's his/her choice.

Yas said:
Regarding the people that won't listen, I think that if you approach people considering their particular knowledge and trying to find a common ground from where to talk, you can at least give a few hints. I mean, if you go about saying "the world is about to crash and chaos is coming", a person might very well believe you're nuts. But, if you try to think of a person's background, understanding that they might not have the information that allows him/her to see what you can see, then you think of a common topic that this person can understand and work from there. Yet, it is important to remember that we must respect everyone's free will, so if someone isn't really interested in knowing about this... well, as sad as it might be, that's his/her choice.

This really is the best approach. People can only take information on board at the level they are at. In my family, I am the one with the odd ideas. The best I can do with my now-grown kids is to say things like, "Make sure to keep your freezer full," or "It's always a good idea to have some cash in the house." etc. To kid who is still doing her post-grad degree, I've hinted that there might be programs at universities further south of where she lives that might be a good fit. But much as we love them, our family members have their lessons. We can't save them from them. It hurts, but there it is.

herondancer said:
Yas said:

This really is the best approach. People can only take information on board at the level they are at. In my family, I am the one with the odd ideas. The best I can do with my now-grown kids is to say things like, "Make sure to keep your freezer full," or "It's always a good idea to have some cash in the house." etc. To kid who is still doing her post-grad degree, I've hinted that there might be programs at universities further south of where she lives that might be a good fit. But much as we love them, our family members have their lessons. We can't save them from them. It hurts, but there it is.

I agree with these statements. When I talk with others, I try to ask questions instead of stating the facts. So, he finds themselves that their response is often a part of the truth. Then I can elaborate further on their response.

Of course I do not have the answer to everything nor the Truth as their response often gives me a different perspective that is interesting and helps me to have a broader observation.

MariuszJ said:
goyacobol said:
MariuszJ,

I am not sure what you mean by saying "flap".

If you don't see any seriousness to the current events happening all around us I don't know what to say.
"To get in a flap" means "to panic". I was learning that idiom at English classes at C1 level. It is probably a British idiom. As to what we should do now, we should wait until the very last moment when social unrests are visible to everyone in the society and then to collect a supply of food, water, medicines etc for a couple of months. The probable scenario, as it appears from some past channelings, is that changes in the environment will be visible to such an extent that the society will panic and start asking questions about what will be going on. We need to wait for that moment and as soon as people start asking those questions, every one of us conscious of the situation should actively answer the questions and tell them all they know what Cs have said. Before changes in the environment little can be done since society is not interested in listening. Anyway, what I just wrote is exactly the same that had been advised by Cs some time ago. And by the way, I am not any "agent". I see the seriousness of the situation. I would love the changes to happen now. I am just cautious and do not jump into conclusions nor do I think we should panic. If any one has a better idea about what we should do, I am ready to listen to that. Exchanging views is very important.

MariuszJ,

Sorry to have made this a long drawn out post. I think I mostly understood what you meant from the beginning I just wanted to be more clear and now I am. And I agree with the don't panic advice. I just have a tendency to want to "do" something (while I'm waiting to see). This can be either good or bad according to the situation.

I was not the one who said anything about you being an "agent". It is from someone who may be "projecting" I think. It certainly is not nice to name-call and shows a lack of "external consideration" which is against the forum rules.

We don't all agree all the time but we may gradually come closer to agreement as the pieces come together. At least that is my hope. :)

Yas said:
goyacobol, I think that MariuszJ has explained the meaning here:

MariuszJ said:
"To get in a flap" means "to panic". I was learning that idiom at English classes at C1 level. It is probably a British idiom.

It is an English idiom, yes. And C1 is an advanced level of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages.

So MariuszJ is just saying that we shouldn't panic, which is something I agree with. Nevertheless, I do think that we must pay attention left and right and do the little things that we can do now. As Chu pointed out here "Everything you do now, is one less thing to stress about later."

Yas,

I think I have cleared up the "flap" definition with MariuszJ and I think your understanding is the same as his definition of the idiom.

And your comments above about "little things that we can do now" is what I am thinking too.

I just have trouble not doing while waiting, although sometimes I don't know which thing on the list should be the most important or might not even be important at all. :/

I was not sure in which part of the forum to put this text. It is in some way related to current events and personal development mentioned by Cs. So I quote:

Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5

(Natural News) -- "The industry of modern psychiatry has officially gone insane. Virtually every emotion experienced by a human being -- sadness, grief, anxiety, frustration, impatience, excitement -- is now being classified as a "mental disorder" demanding chemical treatment (with prescription medications, of course).
_http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230492

Greed is destroying humanity

There is no such thing as community (not anymore anyway). People seem be after one thing and one thing only - themselves and what they can get (not all but the majority of people). If you live in a well-to-do neighbour-hood (I'm speaking for the UK), or even in less well-to-do places, you can walk around these plush housing estates with nice front gardens and lawns, garages and BMW's and other fancy cars on drives, and I instantly get that oppressive and not very welcoming feeling, I don't know what it is but it's that 'unfriendly' neighbour-hood vibe, not only that but a feeling of as though I'm being watched by the people living in them, a sign of "you don't belong here". I really don't know whether money/materialism is the cause of this, but it wouldn't surprise me.
_http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277676

It is always a good idea to have provisions set aside for emergencies. Clean water, canned food, dry goods, medicines, bandaging materials, herbal remedies, candles and oil, flashlights and batteries, pet food etc. I lived in earthquake country for 35 years and everyone (most people I knew in SF) kept supplies of emergency goods. Rotate them regularly.
There are other options available as far as community goes. Please check out Transition Towns : this from Wiki:
"A Transition town is a grassroot community project that seeks to build resilience in response to peak oil,[1] climate destruction, and economic instability by creating a local group that uphold the values of the transition network.[citation needed] Local projects are usually based on the model's initial '12 ingredients' and later 'revised ingredients'.[2][3] The first initiative to use the name was Transition Town Totnes, founded in 2006. The socioeconomic movement is an example of fiscal localism.[4][5] Since then, many Transition groups have started around the UK and, in recent years, the world"

I was a member of the TT in Vancouver B.C. for 4 years. It is composed of 22 neighborhoods or 'villages' where accessing each other can be done on foot or bike if need be.
They are a vibrant group - teaching each other to plant food, harvest, can, save seeds, maintain bicycles, support for solar, greenhouses made from scrap materials, working with local gov't to reduce waste of resources (including gardening co-ops all over town), teaching permaculture, forum for visiting lecturers/teachers, bee keeping, small animal husbandry (allowed in Vancouver), candle and soap making, sewing and fabric creation... Some locations are trying to build local currencies where barter can be supplemented with 'tokens'. Here is their website to give you an idea:
http://www.villagevancouver.ca

Here is the main page for Transition Towns (Transition Network) which has locations all over the world:
https://www.transitionnetwork.org

It is not a spiritual movement but I had many deep spiritual discussions with various members. Facing the world we have been handed/and/or/created, unless your heart is dead, you will be having these discussions! We hosted Nicole Foss of the Automatic Earth in 2011 who covered energy issues and the goals of sustainable communities.

I wanted to add this so that anyone facing decisions might want to check the TT site for location info under Community tab. Maybe where you live now or plan to move to, already has a TT developing. It is a way to deal with the physical needs of a global descent. A self-sustaining community.
Goyacobol - I got a kick out of your name! I knew what it meant immediately... nobody would use COBOL but one of us old Cobol programmers! It was a great living and I loved the purity of programming. Only job on earth where you can achieve 100% perfection perhaps!

eyesoftheworld said:
It is always a good idea to have provisions set aside for emergencies. Clean water, canned food, dry goods, medicines, bandaging materials, herbal remedies, candles and oil, flashlights and batteries, pet food etc. I lived in earthquake country for 35 years and everyone (most people I knew in SF) kept supplies of emergency goods. Rotate them regularly.
There are other options available as far as community goes. Please check out Transition Towns : this from Wiki:
"A Transition town is a grassroot community project that seeks to build resilience in response to peak oil,[1] climate destruction, and economic instability by creating a local group that uphold the values of the transition network.[citation needed] Local projects are usually based on the model's initial '12 ingredients' and later 'revised ingredients'.[2][3] The first initiative to use the name was Transition Town Totnes, founded in 2006. The socioeconomic movement is an example of fiscal localism.[4][5] Since then, many Transition groups have started around the UK and, in recent years, the world"

I was a member of the TT in Vancouver B.C. for 4 years. It is composed of 22 neighborhoods or 'villages' where accessing each other can be done on foot or bike if need be.
They are a vibrant group - teaching each other to plant food, harvest, can, save seeds, maintain bicycles, support for solar, greenhouses made from scrap materials, working with local gov't to reduce waste of resources (including gardening co-ops all over town), teaching permaculture, forum for visiting lecturers/teachers, bee keeping, small animal husbandry (allowed in Vancouver), candle and soap making, sewing and fabric creation... Some locations are trying to build local currencies where barter can be supplemented with 'tokens'. Here is their website to give you an idea:
http://www.villagevancouver.ca

Here is the main page for Transition Towns (Transition Network) which has locations all over the world:
https://www.transitionnetwork.org

It is not a spiritual movement but I had many deep spiritual discussions with various members. Facing the world we have been handed/and/or/created, unless your heart is dead, you will be having these discussions! We hosted Nicole Foss of the Automatic Earth in 2011 who covered energy issues and the goals of sustainable communities.

I wanted to add this so that anyone facing decisions might want to check the TT site for location info under Community tab. Maybe where you live now or plan to move to, already has a TT developing. It is a way to deal with the physical needs of a global descent. A self-sustaining community.
Goyacobol - I got a kick out of your name! I knew what it meant immediately... nobody would use COBOL but one of us old Cobol programmers! It was a great living and I loved the purity of programming. Only job on earth where you can achieve 100% perfection perhaps!

eyesoftheworld,

Thank you for the Transition Towns links. The co-operation of the groups in those kinds of networks is really impressive. Yes, us old COBOL programmers are showing a little age but it was fun while it lasted I suppose. Before retiring I moved away from that language and into report programming in a data warehouse environment. I like to think that at least some of those skills still might help even in our forum atmosphere.

I can do a mean "search" process sometimes but even I have trouble finding just the right quote sometimes. I do appreciate the forum choice of software and the efforts that have gone into making this a safe-harbor for those who wish to learn more without the abuse that so many other forums allow.

I am learning to do some canning, have a gas generator and try to continue at least some basic preparation. I just feel that even though we can not be 100% perfect in our plans and preparation we can at least pay attention to the water in the pot as the heat is turned up. ;)

Back
Top Bottom