Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
May 2, 1998

Laura, Ark, Frank

Q: Hello.

A: Hello.

Q: And who do we have this evening with us?

A: Ixthorria.

Q: And where do you transmit through?

A: Cassiopaea.

Q: We have some questions about this job situation. There is this Kanev, and we spent 4 or 5 hours there yesterday, and it could be something important, but it might be months and months before any money can be made. This is one possibility of making some money. Working with this program that writes web pages. Could we have a two or three word reaction to that?

A: Why is it for "next to nothing?"

Q: Well, because the two guys who have created this program are just getting started, they haven't marketed it yet, they haven't got it going yet, they have a fledgling company, supposedly, they have a lot of big plans, we don't know all the details, for some people these things work out, for some people they don't. Look at Microsoft!

A: Do they expect assistance for a pittance?

Q: Yes, that is pretty much what it amounts to.

A: One would expect one to question them as to how they expect their assistant, a rare find by the way, to pay the bills?

Q: Well, Ark thinks that he can learn something from this program...

A: If Ark presses, there will be capitulation, due to Slavic familiarity.

Q: These guys don't have anything, I don't think. They are working out of their bedroom in a little shack on a back street in Alachua! What good is pressing them going to do?!

A: Ever heard of venture capitalists?

Q: Yes, I have, but the thing is that we have to have money THIS month. Venture capitalists and all that are fine and dandy...

A: Ask and ye shall receive.

Q: Okay...

A: Laura, whenever you have asked, you have received!

Q: I don't know who to ask!

A: So then you never will, yes?

Q: No. Okay, there is the other job... the one with Constellation... what about this possibility? Doing some sort of classified pattern recognition, building atomic detectors, or something, and it would be close... and it is basically the Enterprise Florida thing...

A: Will hire. Good money.
{They did, it was.}

Q: Well, that is funny. You never made predictions before, why now?

A: Not a prediction, a fact. You see, as before, we have always assured you that you would be provided for.

Q: Well, I would really like to finish the work on the house and I don't have the money to do any more. (Frank develops headache. Pause, discussion about mother.) Okay, since you gave mother advice about going down the primrose path and she did it anyway...

A: She is okay.

Q: Alright. I don't have enough energy to split myself between this house and responsibilities and her in another location... what about Terry and Jan who are going to be going into the antique business in Tallahassee with another couple of friends of theirs... any comment?

A: All there is is lessons.

Q: Who was Joseph of Arimathea?

A: A disciple of the unibound.

Q: What's a 'unibound?'

A: Singular thought.

Q: What is the unibound?

A: Transcendant discipline.

Q: And what does one do if one is a participant?

A: Up to 96 hours of clear channel meditation.

Q: Okay, so Joseph was a disciple of this... is this an individual or a concept?

A: Each.

Q: What was Joseph's role, if any, in relation to the 'Holy Grail?'

A: None.

Q: Who created the legends of the Holy Grail and Joseph of Arimathea bringing it to a) France, or b) England? Who was behind the creating of this group of legends?

A: Not a group of legends.

Q: Why was the 12th century the focal point for the propagation of the grail legends, the troubadours, the whole thing?

A: Beginning of "Renaissance."

Q: The story is, and there are even some very old legends in France itself, that there are caves or places where Joseph and Mary Magdalene spent the night, or lived, or whatever. Did Joseph of Arimathea actually travel to France and then to England later, with Mary Magdalene or other followers of Jesus?

A: No.

Q: Did he travel to France alone?

Q: What is the source of these stories? What is the point of these stories?

A: Deflection.

Q: Deflection of what to what or from what?

A: Truth from recipient.

Q: Okay. Did somebody travel to France carrying some sort of object, or a person who was this 'object,' so to speak, as the 'holy bloodline,' or whatever?

A: Maybe it was carried by those most capable.

Q: And who would be those most capable?

A: Check the geographic link.

Q: I am getting completely confused. I don't have a single clue about what is going on here or even what we are talking about now!

A: Where are the Pyrenees?

Q: On the border between France and Spain.

A: Who lives there?

Q: The Basques, among others. Is that who we are getting at? Or the Alchemists? These beings....

A: Close.

Q: The Rosicrucians? So, what does that have to do with this bloodline and Holy Grail business, and Joseph of Arimathea and Mary Magdalene... I mean, did Mary Magdalene exist as a person?

A: Yes.

Q: Was she the wife of Jesus?

Q: Did Jesus have a wife?

Q: Who was his wife?

A: Anatylenia.

Q: Who was this person?

A: The wife of Jesus.

Q: What was her background, her nationality?

A: Nazarene.

Q: Does that mean that she was from the east?

A: Possibly, if viewed that way.

Q: Did they have any children?

Q: How many?

A: Three.

Q: What was the family name?

A: Marnohk.

Q: What did his wife do when he ascended into the state of hyperconsciousness which you have previously described?

A: Awaited her turn to transition.

Q: Did she continue to live in the same general area, or did she move to Europe.

A: Same.

Q: So, all these stories being made up about all these people and dramatic scenarios...

A: It is not the people but the message, the artifacts hold the key.

Q: What artifacts? Where are these artifacts?

A: France, Spain, Canary Islands and Morocco.

Q: What kind of artifacts are they? Things that still exist?

Q: Is there any possibility that I am going to be able to find out about, or even actually FIND these artifacts?

A: Of course!!

Q: Does anyone else know about these artifacts?

A: Others are "on the trail."

Q: Is one of these artifacts the 'Virgin of Candelaria' that appeared in the Canary Islands?

A: Related.

Q: Okay, well, I haven’t learned anything about Morocco yet...

A: Best to get "on the trail of..."

Q: On the trail of what? Trail of the Lonesome Pine, Trail of the Assassin... the Assassini?

A: Look for major conjunctions.

Q: Any more clues you want to give on that? Are we supposed to actually physically go to these places?

A: What does "Casablanca" mean in Spanish?

Q: White House.

A: Yes...

Q: Related to the White House in Washington?

A: On the trail...

Q: You once said something about 'undreamed of treasures buried in Alfalfa fields in Rhineland.' I have puzzled over this and puzzled over this and gone in ten different directions, and I still don't have a real handle on it. Can you help me out here? Is this related to the crystal skull supposedly in the possession of the Templars that they supposedly buried in Gaul that the Templars had?

A: Need a better "handl" on it.

Q: George Friedrich? (A) No... (L) Well that is a funny spelling. You also said something about records being in the Hague. How am I supposed to check records in the Hague? The only way is to go there...

A: Travel for you is okay in small doses.

Q: We have our psychomantium built. I am of the opinion that the candle must be obscured completely and you should only be able to see the black depth of the mirror. If you put the candle in front, all you see is the candle... you see the candle light on the walls. You said very plainly: clear depth, indirect lighting only, that nothing ought to be seen, no walls, no reflection, nothing. Frank says that we should put the candle in front.

A: Must be able to distinguish mirror.

Q: Okay, that is gonna be difficult.

A: Try the swivel mirror.

Q: Well, Ark says that it is not wide enough - it is too narrow. He didn't like it.

A: Try it. If straight on, and tilted upward, should work.

Q: How long is it gonna take me... can you give me an estimate? Say, a theoretical person like myself, in my position, condition, and all things considered, how long would it take that person to see something?

A: As soon as their psyche is clear of anticipation/prejudice.

Q: With me, that could be a LOOOOONG time!

A: Or it could be a short time.

Q: Yes, but you have given me such a build up over the last couple of years - that seems impossible...

Q: Well, it is gonna be hard...

Q: (A) I want to ask about this first job - should I spend time in this HTML business? (L) I think you should tell them that you have to do something that will pay or you won't do it. Either they will decide to hook up with somebody they can pay, or they won't.

A: But they feel more familiar with Ark.

Q: What does them feeling familiar have to do with anything?

A: Trust.

Q: So, maybe that means they will pay you. I don't know.

A: Why do you suppose?

Q: I don't know and I am too tired to think right now.

A: Okay then, goodbye.

End of Session

Q: Is one of these artifacts the 'Virgin of Candelaria' that appeared in the Canary Islands?

A: Related.

I wonder if it's in any way related to the strange inscriptions on the original statue.

Girdle in the neck: ETIEPESEPMERI
On the left sleeve: LPVRINENIPEPNEIFANT
At the bottom of the robe: EAFM IPNINI FMEAREI
In the belt: NARMPRLMOTARE
In the mantle, in the right arm: OLM INRANFR TAEBNPEM Reven NVINAPIMLIFINIPI NIPIAN
At the edge of the left hand: EVPMIRNA ENVPMTI EPNMPIR VRVIVINRN APVI MERI PIVNIAN NTRHN
On the back in the queue: NBIMEI ANNEIPERFMIVIFVE

Q: You once said something about 'undreamed of treasures buried in Alfalfa fields in Rhineland.' I have puzzled over this and puzzled over this and gone in ten different directions, and I still don't have a real handle on it. Can you help me out here? Is this related to the crystal skull supposedly in the possession of the Templars that they supposedly buried in Gaul that the Templars had?

A: Need a better "handl" on it.

While pondering if there is any connection between the recent strange sounds, the recent spate of sinkholes, and other things on the planet, my brain connected back to the info about "undreamed of treasures in rhineland" and "need a better 'handl' on it". The reason I made the 'handl' connection was thinking about the "trumpeting sounds" and the fact that I had initially thought "Georg Friedrich Handel" and things like "The Messiah." But also, because of "Gjallarhorn, Heimdall's 'trumpet'". Maybe just because there are similar sounds in there.

Anyhow, Burma Jones did a little searching around and found that there actually was a composer named "Handl"!!!

Jacobus Handl (Gallus)
Birth: 1550 in Carniola, Slovenia
Death: Jul 18, 1591 in Prague, Czechoslovakia
Period: Renaissance

Jacob Handl was one of the most-respected and serious composers of the late Renaissance period in Austria. (He was so high-minded that even his secular madrigals are in Latin.) At the same time, his music was often highly complex, chromatic, and dissonant.

His origins are a bit obscure. If his family were Slovenian, his natal name might have been Jakob Petelin, the surname in that language meaning "rooster" as does "Handl" and the Latin "Gallus," which he also sometimes used.

The location of his education is a matter for guesswork. Scholars suggest Reifnitz itself, or perhaps a Cistercian monastery in Sticna. Around 1565, he went to Austria to make his fortune. He enjoyed staying in monasteries and lived for a while at the Benedictine abbey in Melk. He arrived in Vienna about 1568 and it is sometimes stated that during this period he became a monk. Historical records are incomplete concerning his movements, but it is known that in 1574, he was a singer in the imperial chapel of Maximilian II. Handl decided to travel more and made his way through Austria, Moravia, Bohemia, and Silesia.

In 1579 or 1580, he was appointed choirmaster to the Bishop of Olmьtz (now Olomouc, Czech Republic), Stanislas Pavlovsky. He remained there for five years and then took the post of Kantor of St. Janna Brzehu, Prague, a post he retained until death. There was a lively literary group centered on that church and it is likely that they performed secular choral music. The position also meant that Handl would sometimes appear and perform at the court of Emperor Rudolf II. Because of these contacts, Handl gained a high reputation for his literary knowledge and compositional skill.

Most of Handl's work consists of sacred Latin settings. The bulk of it is a group of 374 motets making up music for the Proper of the Time, certain Marian festivals, the Common of Saints, and several festivals from the Proper of Saints. The musical style is derived from Netherlands polyphony. He also wrote 20 masses, often on themes he had devised for motets. His secular music uses texts from Ovid, Vergil, Catullus, Horace, and other classical Roman poets.

Handl's rhythmic notation is very subtle, his textures are often very complex, and his music is full of canons. Nevertheless, as a good Counter Reformationist composer, he took care to make the words understandable. His lines often create fully triadic harmony, but there are also chromatic progressions skillfully used for emotional effect. His use of syncopations is remarkable; his rhythmic imagination is hard to match in the era or for many ages afterward. His style may represent one of the most astonishingly accomplished summations of the music of the prior century, but it did not make much mark on the much simpler early Baroque style that followed it, and it remained to the twentieth century to rediscover him. Joseph Stevenson

Wikipedia:

Jacobus Gallus Carniolus (a.k.a. Jacob(us) Handl, Jacob(us) Händl, Jacob(us) Gallus; Slovenian Jakob Petelin Kranjski) (July 3, 1550 – July 18, 1591) was a late Renaissance composer of Slovenian [1] ethnicity. Born in Carniola, which at the time was one of the Habsburg lands in the Holy Roman Empire, he lived and worked in Moravia and Bohemia during the last decade of his life. ....

His wide-ranging, eclectic style blended archaism and modernity. He rarely used the cantus firmus technique, preferring the then-new Venetian polychoral manner, yet he was equally conversant with earlier imitative techniques. Some of his chromatic transitions foreshadowed the breakup of modality; his five-voice motet Mirabile mysterium contains chromaticism worthy of Carlo Gesualdo. He enjoyed word painting in the style of the madrigal, yet he could write the simple Ecce quomodo moritur justus later used by George Frideric Handel in his funeral anthem The Ways of Zion Do Mourn.

Dunno if it means anything at all, jut thought I ought to collect it.

Don’t know if this relates:

[quote author=Wikipedia] The cockerel was already of symbolic importance in Gaul at the time of the invasion of Julius Caesar and was associated with the god Lugus. . . Today it is an emblem of France, Wallonia and Denizli.[/quote]

Jerry said:
Don’t know if this relates:

[quote author=Wikipedia] The cockerel was already of symbolic importance in Gaul at the time of the invasion of Julius Caesar and was associated with the god Lugus. . . Today it is an emblem of France, Wallonia and Denizli.
[/quote]

Yup, I was going there in my head already.

Soo.... I'm just curious to see if things are going to "open up" any more and if so, what might be revealed!

26 July 1997
Q: Did the Templars discover the secrets of the Ishmaelis, the Assassini, and is this what they carried into Europe, and then underground?
A: Buried in Galle.

4 April 1998

Q: Okay, I get the connection. In the studies of the Triple
Goddess, I came across some interesting things. You
suggested that I should research the Third Man Theme. I
have discovered that the origin of the word 'man' meant a
female - the goddess. The oldest word for the male of the
species was 'wer' as in 'werewolf.' So, the Third Man
Theme could mean actually, the Triple Goddess. Am I
correct?
A: Close, if viewed through "sheets of rain."

2 January 1999

Q: Why is there a legend that the King of the Franks could heal with the touch of his hand?

A: So can you.

Q: As in anybody?

A: Close, if you have the knowledge...

Q: I am inferring from what you are saying that the Franks had knowledge of some order, passed down through the royal families, or the kings...

A: On an individual basis, it has always been thus.

Q: On a couple of occasions when you have made the remark 'it is not germaine,' using that peculiar spelling, did you mean that it was not only NOT German, but also NOT French?

A: Maybe.

Q: So, we are back to something else. I once asked about the Third Man Theme and that perhaps you meant that the imagery was that of the Triple Goddess relating to the Isle of Man... and you said 'if viewed through sheets of rain.' So, in this book that I am reading, it talks about the fact that the Celts of Gaul worshipped the Rain as the manifestation of the Goddess, and the Celts of Scotland worshipped the Sun... the male God. Does this relate in any way to this remark you made about sheets of rain?

A: In an offhand way.

Q: Anything further you can tell me in terms of a clue about 'sheets of rain?'

A: Not for now, when you get there, you will find the chalice.

Q: Where and WHAT chalice?

A: Wait and see!

23 August 2001

Q: (L) What is the difference between Galle and Gaul?
A: Clue.
Q: (L) Do they both refer to France?
Q: (L) Does Galle refer to Rhineland?

This is strange, maybe unrelated, but yesterday when walking the dogs around 4 in the afternoon or so I heard a rooster in the neighbourhood. I've lived here for a couple years now and never heard a rooster in the neighbourhood. In the afternoon even.

We walked right by the yard and he crowed again and again.

I thought if odd and made a mental note, snort, a rooster!?

:huh:

Laura said:
23 August 2001

Q: (L) What is the difference between Galle and Gaul?
A: Clue.
Q: (L) Do they both refer to France?
Q: (L) Does Galle refer to Rhineland?

Relevant?: 'Pays de Galle' is the non -germanic/Anglo-saxon name for Wales, (singular Walh, plural Walha) WiKI

Holy smokes! I did that same search yesterday (how weird and cool is that?!) and came up with the same thing...and that segued into the regions of France, Germany (Rhineland) , stuff about the Celts (who were the original "Gauls", if I understood correctly) but I just was overwhelmed by it all and don't have half the ability to "connect the dots" like many here do-but apparently some of this is beginning to sink in! Yay! :lol:

But how that all ties into the "alphalpha fields" and buried treasure I have no clue (I guess I will keep "digging")

Once again thanks for work with primary sources!

Even locators mentioned by cassiopeans which are poorly connected with subject of investigations, have very interesting history.
My "temporary locator" is connected with "handl on it" or "Handel", town, where you can find old Roman temple or the island which has similar outlines with "island with Remolecularizer".
But there are two more "Halle" in Germany: one west village where grows alfalfa has its leaves on the coat of arms!
Celtic "halen" is word for salt, but on the other hand, salinity is an issue for alfalfa. That's why Gaul as a lonely horsy should be considered separately.

It would be nice, if someone could begin a new theme on the forum "Travel with cassiopeans" with publication, telling, illustrating places which are even casually mentioned in sessions!

Could Handl have something to do with the dances the Cs recomended a couple of years ago to do?

Here is something by this guy Handl

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R-uwwRHhJo

There are several other works of him that I just listened to in YT, but I didn't find anything particular, beyond what is said in the article that Laura posted. :umm:

Jacobus Handl (Gallus)
Birth: 1550 in Carniola, Slovenia

Wikipedia:
Carniola (Slovene: Kranjska; German: Krain; Italian: Carniola; Hungarian: Krajna) was a historical region that comprised parts of what is now Slovenia. ... Around 50% of the current population of Slovenia lives within the borders of the former Duchy of Carniola. ...

The capital of Carniola, originally situated at Kranj (Krainburg), was briefly moved to Kamnik (Stein) and finally to the current capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana (Laibach).
Before the coming of the Romans (c. 200 BC), the Taurisci dwelt in the north of Carniola, the Pannonians in the southeast, the Iapodes or Carni, a Celtic tribe, in the southwest.

Carniola formed part of the Roman province of Pannonia; the northern part was joined to Noricum, the south-western and south-eastern parts and the city of Aemona to Venice and Istria.

After the fall of the Western Roman Empire (476), Carniola was incorporated into the Kingdom of Italy, and (493) under Theodoric it formed part of the Ostrogothic kingdom. Between the upper Sava and the Soča rivers lived the Carni, and towards the end of the sixth century Slavs settled the region called by Latin writers Carnia, or Carniola meaning 'little Carnia', i.e. part of greater Carnia. Later on the name was changed to Slavic Krajina, Kranjska or, in German, Chrainmark, Krain.

The new inhabitants, to whom modern historiography frequently refers to as Alpine Slavs, were subjected to the Avars, but around 623 they joined the Slavic tribal union of Samo. After Samo's death in 658 A.D., they fell again under the Avar rule, but most probably enjoyed partial autonomy.

Several sources from the High Middle Ages suggest that there was a common Carantanian (that is, Carinthian) identity that slowly vanished after the 14th century and was replaced by a regional Carniolan identity.

The French revolutionary troops occupied Carniola in 1797, and from 1805 to 1806. Under the Treaty of Vienna, Carniola became part of the Illyrian provinces of France (1809–1814), with Ljubljana as its capital, and Carniola formed a part of the new territory from 1809 to 1813. The defeat of Napoleon restored Carniola to Austrian Emperor Francis I,

Kamnik (About this sound pronunciation (help·info)) (German: Stein in Oberkrain) is the name of a municipality in Slovenia as well as the town that serves as its administrative, cultural, economic, and educational center. The municipality is in north central Slovenia. It encompasses a large part of the Kamnik Alps and the surrounding area. The town of Kamnik has ruins of two castles as well as many examples of historical architecture.

12 December 1998

Q: Well, while we are on the subject of spelling, you DO use unusual spelling from time to time, though normally you are very good spellers. What rules direct your spelling since it is not always according to modern usage?
A: No rules, just clues, as allways.
Q: Does this refer also to the way you spell 'germain'? When you say 'it is not germain,' you spell it differently from the way someone would spell it if just saying that something is not relevant.
A: Tis French, as in clue to be.
Q: Now, in reference to your question to me: 'where is Arcadia,' that I need to look at this some more, I was reading in Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks, and he was recounting that the Franks who colonized along the Rhine in the area about which we are seeking clues, came from an area called Pannonia. I looked up Pannonia. It is in Eastern Austria and crosses the border into Hungary. In Pannonia there are vineyards. It is a very famous grape growing and wine making area. A statement from the 4th century says: 'Pannonia is a land rich in all resources and fruits, beasts and commerce.' Pannonia is also the location of an interesting lake. The lake is called Neusiedl, or 'New Town.' This is the only 'steppe lake' in all of Europe. It is only six feet deep at it's deepest point and is a giant, shallow sweet body of water surrounded on the Eastern bank by marshlands, numerous salty ponds and pools. Apparently, this place produces a very fine environment for grapes and wine, in particular a type of wine called 'Eiswein.' This Eiswein is called 'The treasure of liquid gold.' It says here: 'the production of Eiswein remains the winemakers ultimate challenge.' Only a small amount of this wine is produced. Etomologically speaking, Pannonia is probably named after the God 'Pan,' and that derived from Sylvanus, the 'Shepherd God.' So, all in one spot, we have shepherds, a wine called liquid gold, a lake called Neusiedl, and an 'Arcadian environment.' Can you tell me if there is any particular significance to my discovery of the terms relating to this area from whence came the Franks to the Rhineland? Is this, in fact, Arcadia?
A: Arcadia is a crossroads for the one Essene, the Aryan one of Trent.
Q: Can you clarify that for me?
A: We can, but shall not.
Q: Is the fact that we have had some eggnog this evening going to be detrimental?
Q: Can you comment on Pannonia in general? Is it in any way significant? This lake Neusiedl?
A: Eiswein: Eisenstadt.
Q: Any further comment?

The Zaprice Castle, first indirectly mentioned in 1306, was originally constructed in the 14th century by the Dienger von Apecz family. It was rebuilt in the early 16th century by Jurij Lamberg who gave it corner oriel windows and surrounded it with a wall with two towers, and gave it a German name: Steinbüchel. The castle is subsequently remembered as a meeting place for Kamnik's Lutherans. During the 17th and 18th century the castle was rebuilt in Baroque style and enlarged into a more comfortable residential building. Today, the castle serves as a museum and a venue for cultural and educational events.
Wikipedia

This may help or not :grad:

About Pannonia mentioned here:
Now, in reference to your question to me: 'where is Arcadia,' that I need to look at this some more, I was reading in Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks, and he was recounting that the Franks who colonized along the Rhine in the area about which we are seeking clues, came from an area called Pannonia. I looked up Pannonia. It is in Eastern Austria and crosses the border into Hungary. In Pannonia there are vineyards. It is a very famous grape growing and wine making area. A statement from the 4th century says: 'Pannonia is a land rich in all resources and fruits, beasts and commerce.' Pannonia is also the location of an interesting lake. The lake is called Neusiedl, or 'New Town.' This is the only 'steppe lake' in all of Europe. It is only six feet deep at it's deepest point and is a giant, shallow sweet body of water surrounded on the Eastern bank by marshlands, numerous salty ponds and pools. Apparently, this place produces a very fine environment for grapes and wine, in particular a type of wine called 'Eiswein.' This Eiswein is called 'The treasure of liquid gold.' It says here: 'the production of Eiswein remains the winemakers ultimate challenge.' Only a small amount of this wine is produced. Etomologically speaking, Pannonia is probably named after the God 'Pan,' and that derived from Sylvanus, the 'Shepherd God.' So, all in one spot, we have shepherds, a wine called liquid gold, a lake called Neusiedl, and an 'Arcadian environment.' Can you tell me if there is any particular significance to my discovery of the terms relating to this area from whence came the Franks to the Rhineland? Is this, in fact, Arcadia?

We learned in school about Pennonia Plain wich was a Pannonian Sea in Prehistory... Pannonia Plain is nowadays laying in Hungary and Croatia. Croatian part is called Slavonia an it is famous for it oaks (Slavonian Oak), grapevine that produces excellent vines (they are especially proud of
winter harvest of grapes on very low temperatures which, sadly, didnot occur this year due to warm weather), and pork meat products (have some bacon in my fridge - yummy).

On the Hungarian side of Pannon there is the Balaton lake for which we were learned to be the remnant of Pannonian Sea.

Also may be interesting that name Dalmatia, where I live, I think comes from roman dalmat=sheperd...

A couple random terms in this transcript caught my eye, and I wound up on a follow-my-nose search that kept turning up the Dolomites, wasn't too sure of the value of this, but after I stumbled on a name I hadn't been searching for, I figured I'd post this fwiw.

1) First up - Trent. I remembered this from an earlier session, "The holder of the Trent" in reference to the Templars. Trento (city in Italy), from Trident = three teeth or three hills. Some have theorized the city was founded by the Gauls/Celts (Wikipedia). It is at the foot of the Dolomites and near the Adige River. The region had extensive silver mines in the Middle Ages and is also a winemaking area. It was the site of the Council of Trent in the 1500's which was a turning point in the Church's moves toward squashing the Protestant movement/counter-reformation (the Romans vs. a German). Culturally it is a blend of Italian and German influences, and the Adige valley physically represents this cultural/religious division.

2) Next up - why the mention of "germain" in the transcript - first hit on this search was treaty of St Germain (the treaty was signed at a chateau in Paris) following World War I, whose purpose was to dissolve the Austrian empire, including the area of Trento/Alto Adige ("Trentino"), which was transferred from Austria to Italy

3) Next up - caught "Eiswein: Eisenstadt" in the transcript. Eisweins are made with Reisling grapes grown in cool regions, like Alto Adige.
Eisenstadt = Ice City. Does Ice City have something to do with Dolomites/Alto Adige near Trento? Yes, here's the snip, again it relates to World War I, this is from a clunky description of a WWI museum, and up went my eyebrow:

...The "Città di ghiaccio" ("Ice city"), majestic war evidence, was designed by Engineer Leo Handl, who made dig a complex of tunnels
and passages in the glacier, where the soldiers could both live and shelter very well. The soldiers, indeed, had to pay attention
not only to snipers and grenades, but also to the so-called "white death": many men died under snow and avalanches, during this long
war high up in the mountains. In autumn 1917 the Italian troops retired in consequence of their defeat in Caporetto … the war in the
Marmolada was over.
(_http://www.dolomiti.it/en/bellunese/marmolada/in-depth-themes/museum-of-the-great-war/)

Marmolada is the highest mountain in the Dolomites. I can't find anything else on Leo Handl.

Weller said:
[…]

3) Next up - caught "Eiswein: Eisenstadt" in the transcript. Eisweins are made with Reisling grapes grown in cool regions, like Alto Adige.
Eisenstadt = Ice City. Does Ice City have something to do with Dolomites/Alto Adige near Trento? Yes, here's the snip, again it relates to World War I, this is from a clunky description of a WWI museum, and up went my eyebrow:

[…]

FWIW Eisenstadt would be -Iron city-

Back
Top Bottom