Session 20 June 2009

Thank you for the prayer Laura.

Does the language in which it is said important ? Maybe some people would prefer to say them in their own language ?

I've often wondered if English was special in some way ? or if the people needed to be attuned in the same language ?

Tigersoap said:

Does the language in which it is said important ? Maybe some people would prefer to say them in their own language ?

I've often wondered if English was special in some way ? or if the people needed to be attuned in the same language ?

Thanks for bringing it up Tigersoap. Some members of one of the French groups asked about translating the prayer in French together so that we can have a common prayer for everyone. Is it OK to translate it or is it better to keep it in English? I personally think the impact is not that strong when it's not your own language.

T.C. said:
About the 'Prayer of the Soul'.

So I feel that it might be better for each individual to come up with something that is also personal (maybe taking inspiration from Laura's as a kind of template), because then the intent can be more pure. I mean, each line of yours is what an STO being would want to aspire to or be aligned with, but for someone not so well developed, with still a lot of work to do and without having thought deeply about what each line means and implies in relation to themselves, I think there could be some lying.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Hi TC -

You begin with the word 'feel' (emotion-based) and proceed with adding your subjective opinion to others that it "might be better for each individual..." (which is assumptive and an infringement on free will). It appears something in Laura's prayer has you bothered.

Have you thought about why you reacted so strongly to this? Do you think if Laura thought that this prayer was 'just for her' that she would have posted it to begin with?

T.C. said:

It is obviously all encompassing. And seems that it could be used by anyone sincerely wanting to connect to the love and knowledge of God/all.

Yet, at the same time, it seems very personal to you, Laura; each line is decided upon consciously to express your wish as a whole.

So I feel that it might be better for each individual to come up with something that is also personal (maybe taking inspiration from Laura's as a kind of template), because then the intent can be more pure. I mean, each line of yours is what an STO being would want to aspire to or be aligned with, but for someone not so well developed, with still a lot of work to do and without having thought deeply about what each line means and implies in relation to themselves, I think there could be some lying. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I absolutely agree with you, T.C. Though some may prefer Laura's as it is, I found both versions of the prayer (Laura's and Patience's) to be inspired and helpful as templates for one that resonates with me. I find that I am more comfortable with what amounts to a series of somewhat familiar affirmations as it helps me to center myself in awareness and I have never been religious. I capitalize the words I want to feel as well as express. Here is a rough copy of my version and I feel that it encompasses the general idea of the Lord's prayer as well as Laura's and it feels good and familiar to me:

Oh, Cosmic Mind,
Infinite and Divine,
As We are One, free will be done,
Just as day will balance night,

I lovingly Allow all I need and desire,
Knowing and releasing what I do not,
And as I accept myself I perceive Reality As it Is,
And I choose to expand in Light and Love.

I am One with Sacred Creation,
As above, so below,
I am Protected and Loved,
I am Healed, I am Whole.​

I find it useful to remind myself not to submit to irrational FEAR of life and experience, and that is why I added that "I am protected"--in the sense that my soul will not be annihilated, and it is safe to experience the joy of life even when the Lizzie's are doing there best to sabotage it. I have found affirmations/meditations in general to be very effective for reprogramming my thoughts and belief system (including anxiety issues)--don't want to leave the mind free to be filled with just anything which seems similar to what the Cassies' suggested in the May transcripts when discussing trance states in the during the AOL course.

I am wondering, though, Laura, is there a particular rhythm to your breathing that coincides with the words of the "Prayer of the Soul?

And good luck to everyone in their healing!

Evolutionary1 said:
T.C. said:

It is obviously all encompassing. And seems that it could be used by anyone sincerely wanting to connect to the love and knowledge of God/all.

Yet, at the same time, it seems very personal to you, Laura; each line is decided upon consciously to express your wish as a whole.

So I feel that it might be better for each individual to come up with something that is also personal (maybe taking inspiration from Laura's as a kind of template), because then the intent can be more pure. I mean, each line of yours is what an STO being would want to aspire to or be aligned with, but for someone not so well developed, with still a lot of work to do and without having thought deeply about what each line means and implies in relation to themselves, I think there could be some lying. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I absolutely agree with you, T.C. I found both versions of the prayer (Laura's and Patience's) to be inspired and helpful as templates for one that resonates with me. I find that I am more comfortable with what amounts to a series of somewhat familiar affirmations as it helps me to center myself in awareness and I have never been religious. I capitalize the words I want to feel as well as express. Here is a rough copy of my version:

Oh, Cosmic Mind,
Infinite and Divine,

As above, so below,

I find it useful to remind myself not to submit to irrational FEAR of life and experience, and that is why I added that "I am protected"--in the sense that my soul will not be annihilated, and it is safe to experience the joy of life even when the Lizzie's are doing there best to sabotage it. I have found affirmations/meditations in general to be very effective for reprogramming my thoughts and belief system--don't want to leave the mind free to be filled with just anything which seems similar to what the Cassies' suggested in the May transcripts when discussing trance states in the during the AOL course.

I am wondering, though, Laura, is there a particular rhythm to your breathing that coincides with the words of the "Prayer of the Soul?

And good luck to everyone in finding their own words!

Knowledge will protect you Evolutionary1, not 'mantras'. ;) That sounds like self calming.

Just what is it about the prayer that isn't 'enough'? Why must you "make it mine"?

Laura said:
Notice that I said that I had "adjusted" it over time and finally came up with a prayer that I felt really expressed what I wanted as "seed". Here it is:

Oh Divine Cosmic Mind
Holy Awareness in All Creation
Carried in the heart
Ruler of the mind
Savior of the Soul
Live in me today
Be my Daily Bread
As I give bread to others
Help me grow in knowledge
Of All Creation
Clear my eyes
That I may See
Clear my ears
That I may hear
Cleanse my heart
That I may know and love
The Holiness of True Existence
Divine Cosmic Mind

I call it "The Prayer of the Soul".

This is fascinating. --I'd just finished going through a year and a half-long period of watching movies and television series, (this after having no influence of the sort in my life for nearly a decade). But I moved into a small apartment by myself and began downloading movies and TV series, and being very fascinated with all the patterns I saw. Then I moved once more (in late April of this year), and all of that stopped. Now I can barely sit for five minutes in front of a movie or such without squirming and wanting to run off and do something else. I've been reading a lot more and I've taken up Yoga and I find myself thinking about the right ways to breathe, etc. But a friend of mine just had a birthday and as part of her celebrations, she wanted to watch Jim Henson's old "Fraggle Rock" episodes, so I found a bunch online and downloaded them. . .

I definitely think that there is superluminal communication going on with stories, both in the writing of them and in how we pick out which stories to absorb at given points in our lives. And last night before reading this session, my friend said, "We have to watch the episode, "The Minstrels". Curiously, it was also the same one which another writer friend of mine had taken the time, for no particular reason, to describe to me at length only a couple of days earlier. So it struck hard.

In short, the story in that episode went like this: A wandering group of minstrel Fraggles arrive and declare that all Fraggles must partake in The Music. --Each Fraggle must find his or her own music, it lives inside you, and then all the Fraggles the next day would gather to sing it all together forming a great harmony. One of the Fraggles, ("Red") has much more trouble finding her song than the others, and steals the Minstrel's magic pipe because she believes that her song can only be found there. Turns out that every Fraggle must find his or her own song, and that it cannot be sought outside of the self, but can only be found within.

Interestingly, each song, when they were all sung together, were complimentary and similar, but all unique as well.

Now tell me that wasn't a bit of prophetic story-telling! I think, however, that one should be careful as always not to mistake the intent of the message. I don't think, for our purposes, that this should be seen as an excuse to indulge in egotism, "All I need is my own song! My individuality is larger than God!" --Rather, I think the message which should be taken away from this story is of an entirely different nature. . .

To explain what I mean, here is another little item on a closely related "note" which also slammed into me this week. . .

For several years I've had a sort of mantra I repeat to myself several times a day. The first three lines were borrowed from something I picked up either in the "Bringers of the Dawn" or the Ra material, (I can't recall which), and it went like this. . .

"It is my intention that I experience a harmonious lifestyle"

"It is my intention that I experience health and energy which lead me to creative adventures and adventures in creativity."

"It is my intention that I be well provided for, that food and shelter and all of the things I need to experience life be provided to me in great abundance and that I pass on and share this great abundance with others."

--And then this part which I tailored a few years ago for myself. . .

"It is my intention that I experience myself as often as possible within appropriateness as an open and loving individual who is kind and courteous, patient and forgiving, courageous and encouraging, strong, wise and of powerful will who is easily and happily able to generate and provide those energies necessary to experience deeply fulfilling relationships with the souls in my life. --An individual who is passionate and creative, calm, well-grounded and anxiety-free, who is socially graceful without it being forced, who is fun to be around, who is happy and light-hearted and who is ever-cogniscent of our collective one-ness, secure in the knowledge that we are all fragments of God, and as such, are infinite creations made of Love."

Oh boy!

Just reading that last one now makes me cringe. There's a fair bit of self-serving, calming stuff in there, but the worst kick I got regarding it came just recently while reading Ouspensky. It's a bit long, but I thought quite relevant to the discussion here. . .

[quote author=Ouspensky ("In Search of the Miraculous" -chapter 15)]
"One must learn to pray, just as one must learn everything else. Whoever knows
how to pray and is able to concentrate in the proper way, his prayer can give results.
But it must be understood that there are different prayers and that their results are
different. This is known even from ordinary divine service. But when we speak of
prayer or of the results of prayer we always imply only one kind of prayer—petition,
or we think that petition can be united with all other kinds of prayers. This of course is
not true.
Most prayers have nothing in common with petitions. I speak of ancient
prayers; many of them are much older than Christianity. These prayers are, so to
speak, recapitulations;
by repeating them aloud or to himself a man endeavors to
experience what is in them, their whole content, with his mind and his feeling. And a
man can always make new prayers for himself.
For example a man says—'I want to
be serious.' But the whole point is in how he says it.

If he repeats it even ten thousand times a day and is thinking
of how soon he will finish and what will there be for dinner and the like, then it is not
prayer but simply self-deceit. But it can become a prayer if a man recites the prayer in
this way: He says 'I' and tries at the same time to think of everything he knows about
'I.' It does not exist, there is no single 'I,' there is a multitude of petty, clamorous,
quarrelsome 'I's. But he wants to be one 'I'—the master; he recalls the carriage, the
horse, the driver, and the master. 'I' is master. 'Want'—he thinks of the meaning of 'I
want.' Is he able to want? With him 'it wants' or 'it does not want' all the time. But to
this 'it wants' and 'it does not want' he strives to oppose his own 'I want' which is
connected with the aims of work on himself, that is, to introduce the third force into
the customary combination of the two forces, 'it wants' and 'it does not want.' 'To be'—
the man thinks of what to be, what 'being,' means. The being of a mechanical man
with whom everything happens. The being of a man who can do. It is possible 'to be'
in different ways. He wants 'to be' not merely in the sense of existence but in the sense
of greatness of power. The words 'to be' acquire weight, a new meaning for him.
'Serious' —the man thinks what it means to be serious. How he answers himself is
very important. If he understands what this means, if he defines correctly for himself
what it means to be serious, and feels that he truly desires it, then his prayer can give a
result in the sense that strength can be added to him, that he will more often notice
when he is not serious, that he will overcome himself more easily, make himself be
serious. In exactly the same way a man can 'pray'—'I want to remember myself.' 'To
remember'—what does 'to remember' mean? The man must think about memory. How
little he remembers! How often he forgets what he has decided, what he has seen,
what he knows! His whole life would be different if he could remember. All ills come
because he does not remember. 'Myself—again he returns to himself. Which self does
he want to remember? Is it worth while remembering the whole of himself? How can
he distinguish what he wants to remember? The idea of work! How can he connect
himself with the idea of the work, and so on, and so on.

"In Christian worship there are very many prayers exactly like this, where it is
necessary to reflect upon each word. But they lose all sense and all meaning when
they are repeated or sung mechanically.

"Take the ordinary God have mercy upon me! What does it mean? A man is
appealing to God. He should think a little, he should make a comparison and ask
himself what God is and what he is. Then he is asking God to have mercy upon him.
But for this God must first of all think of him, take notice of him. But is it worth while
taking notice of him? What is there in him that is worth thinking about? And who is to
think about him? God himself. You see, all these thoughts and yet many others should
pass through his mind when he utters this simple prayer. And then it is precisely these
thoughts which could do for him what he asks God to do. But what can he be thinking
of and what result can a prayer give if he merely repeats like a parrot: 'God have
mercy! God have mercy! God have mercy!' You know yourselves that this can give no
result whatever."

[/quote]

So that jumped out at me. --In conjunction with this, I was feeling wary. I'd read an astrological reading for myself for the month, which said I was going to be facing a certain week where I would have a very difficult time; where my methods of working would be put under a critical spotlight and that it would not be comfortable at all. --I thought it meant work of the professional variety, (and this certainly turned out to be the case), but it struck me that my methods of working would also be grilled. When I came across the above quoted passage, I saw with a shock that I HAD been spouting my little mantra like a parrot. Since then, in trying to really dig into the meanings and intentions behind each word, I've been finding myself quite taxed and. . , well, it's been a difficult bit of re-wiring.

Anyway. . .

In conjunction with my new Yoga work, my brush with the Transcendental Meditation people (which I talked about in an earlier post this month), and with Fraggle Rock's little message. . . Well, there's a lot to consider. When I came across the current talk regarding Laura's prayer, all of this thinking bubbled to the surface. I've not reached any conclusions yet, but all of it certainly is grist for the mill. Conclusions will come after chewing through it all, I'm sure.

I just wanted to toss my own contribution into the soup pot.

Thank-you Laura and SOTT for sharing these latest transcripts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

Just ran across this story about an ancient bone flute just discovered. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090624/sc_afp/sciencearcheologymusicgermany_20090624174002

--This links in a dreamy way with the Fraggle story. (The minstrel in that story had a magical flute which carried the ancient Fraggle music.)

Here's a quote from the article. . .

Using radiocarbon dating techniques, Conard calculated that the newly discovered bone and ivory flutes were made at least 35,000 years ago, pushing back the age of the oldest known instrument by some 5,000 years.

Conard speculates that late Stone Age music did not contribute directly to the evolutionary success of the first modern humans.

But it may have given them a slight edge over neighbouring Neanderthals, who died out even as Homo sapiens sapiens flourished.

"Upper Palaeolithic music could have contributed to the maintenance of large social networks, and thereby have helped facilitate the demographic and territorial expansion of modern humans" compared to the more "culturally conservative" and isolated Neanderthals, he said.

Hi Evolutionary,
Your version seems to be very different in its spirit and it looks like you're commanding. Just an impression from an non-english-speaking person though, I could be mistaken.
Everybody writes his own meditation seed?
Laura shares her "prayer version" after many adjustments, and because it worked on her. It is based on experience, and the result we can see it in many books (the Wave...). Does your version (or any other) work the same way? If yes, how?

Hi Evolutinary1, I think you might have wandered off into left field a bit with this one... let me try to explain how...

Evolutionary1 said:
Oh, Cosmic Mind,
Infinite and Divine,

A bit of an assumption. One with who and what? At what level, when?

Evolutionary1 said:

This is also an assumption. Are you presuming to tell the universe what to do? What if it
decides that day will NOT balance night?

Evolutionary1 said:

Who said that the Universe WANTS you to "allow" all you "need and desire"?
And where did "need and desire" come in here anyway? Those are words that
are loaded... It's a HUGE assumption that one can lovingly do anything!

Evolutionary1 said:

Again, full of assumptions and prejudgment and determining the needs of
others including yourself!

Evolutionary1 said:

This is full of assumption and hubris.

Evolutionary1 said:

How can you choose anything when you don't know what IS "light" or "love"?
How many people assume that they have found "light and love" only to
discover that they have been fooled by pathology at this level or the next?

Evolutionary1 said:

This is another assumption. How do you know you are one with "sacred creation"?

Evolutionary1 said:
As above, so below,
I am Healed, I am Whole.

This all smacks of an affirmation, which tends to ignore objective reality, in order to impose one's version of what reality 'should be' onto the Universe. While it's certainly your right to do what it is you want to do, what you've written here is quite contrary to the spirit of what we are trying to accomplish with what Laura has provided. In short, it appears that you have no clue what being open and asking really is. That's not uncommon - at all - but in this context it's also rather detrimental. fwiw.

freelancer said:
I don't think these templates are really carved in stone, so any individual can adjust them to fit his/her seeking or soul development.

It seems to me that you are looking for a "template" which you can "adjust" to your own personal beliefs and ideas about yourself and the universe. However, those beliefs and ideas may not reflect objective reality -- so of what benefit is that?

Laura has provided a simple prayer that the C's have confirmed is "powerful". If the words of that prayer do not currently "resonate" for you, perhaps this is an opportunity to really think about and investigate what those words MEAN, objectively speaking, and how that objective meaning relates to you and your current beliefs and ideas. Perhaps it is an opportunity to examine those beliefs and ideas more objectively.

This might be another useful exercise: Look at each word and phrase of Laura's prayer and examine your emotional reaction to it. Try to honestly state why you feel the need to alter those words and phrases to "suit you" better. Try to articulate what it is about her prayer that makes it "not right" for you. I think you will discover some very interesting things about yourself.

As a side note, I think you will better understand the feedback you have received in this thread after you have read the Wave series, where Laura addresses a lot of the "new agey" ideas that come through in your "revised prayer".

:)

I just had to say I think the prayer is beautiful.

Like most all works of art, the prayer Laura has adjusted to offer us can't be fully appreciated without some contemplation.
T.C. at least has demonstrated that he/she has thought about it in relation to T.C.'s evaluation of the state of his/her personal self. If T.c. or Evolutionary can't feel 100% sincerity while praying it, then there's an opportunity for growth. OSIT

Every suggestion for 'improvement' that I have read so far seems to be incorporated into the wording of the prayer as is. You just have to keep contemplating until you see the meaning in the deeper structure.

Sometimes, we can introduce 'bugs' into our thought process before we even begin thinking about something. It might be a good idea if we find ourselves thinking in terms of mutual exclusion (your version vs my version), we explore our own thinking for possible errors. It seems the chances are pretty good that when we remove something from its universe/reality context and drag into our thinking space, context suffers - mutually inclusive relationships get flipped into mutually exclusive ones because we haven't given ourselves time to see all the connections. -fwiw

Buddy said:
It seems the chances are pretty good that when we remove something from its universe/reality context and drag into our thinking space, context suffers....

Well said, Buddy. Seems to me that Laura has given us an OBJECTIVE prayer that we need to seriously contemplate before we reject it in favour of a SUBJECTIVE "version"....

* By the way, nice to see you again, Buddy

Tigersoap said:

I prefer my national Lang:) to better understand it.
If you are from Poland I should have translated version ... just pm me.

Evolutionary1 said:
Here is a rough copy of my version and I feel that it encompasses the general idea of the Lord's prayer as well as Laura's and it feels good and familiar to me:

Oh, Cosmic Mind,
Infinite and Divine,

As above, so below,

And good luck to everyone in their healing!

What stood out for me was that you left out :
Help me grow in knowledge
Of All Creation
Clear my eyes
That I may See
Clear my ears
That I may hear
Cleanse my heart

In other words it smels to me like YCYOR mantra AND affirmations as Anart mentioned. But perhaps you believe or assume that you already have arrived. You might like to go and read some of the threads in the topic section called Channel Watch and new age Cointelpro: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?board=43.0

On another note a BIG thank you to Laura and the Team for posting the transcript and for the Prayer of the Soul. I too wonder why some feel this wish to change it to satiesfy their little me perhaps, when the prayer says everything and for everyone who feels in alignment with the work of the Cs and Laura and Co too.

Laura said:
I call it "The Prayer of the Soul".

It is beautiful and all encompassing as it is and I personally would not attempt to add or take away anything from it. Thanks laura for sharing it.

Back
Top Bottom