Session 20 June 2009

Gimpy said:
Burma Jones said:
Woodsman said:
So while I think your prayer is powerful and inspiring, I can say with some confidence that using it and studying it in its finished form defeats a significant portion of (what I gather) its purpose is for me. It's going to take some work to get to where you are, no doubt, and I may even end up using a duplicate set of words, but unless I assemble them myself, I will probably not understand them properly.

Hi Woodsman,

Maybe just try saying and contemplating the prayer rather than studying it. After all, it is a prayer, not a precise scientific description of the universe. It expresses the soul's yearning for the truth. What is there to change? What in the prayer is specific to Laura or any one person? Perhaps all of this talk about studying and needing to write your own version is nothing but your predator mind trying to talk you out of doing what your soul wants: to say and contemplate these simple words that will resonate with your soul and bring "you" more in alignment with your soul.

That's what I've been thinking, but not able to write out very well. :D

Doing the breathing for "Ba", "Ha" gently can make me very dizzy, even going at a careful pace to avoid hyperventilating. Reading the prayer gives direction at the end of the exercise. The result? A more even keel emotionally, and a better sense of what's 'actual', and what is just crap clogging the machinery.

This is an invaluable help in dealing with fractured thinking: it lays bare the fear of 'losing one's self' that the predator likes to slap you with. I think its one of the main fears it uses, that in opening yourself to the Universal Mind, you will be subsumed and cease to exist, which makes clear the lack of understanding of sharing or cooperating, colinearity that sustains the Universe and All.

The predator has a great fear of the unknown, and it does not like this kind of Openness to All that Is.

That's enough right there to encourage me to go with the flow, because the more the internal predator is freaked out, the clearer its seen.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Wow! This thread has been such a help to me. I am one of the people who read the Prayer of the Soul and had what Anart described as a strong "Push-Back". I literally recoiled Or part of me did!

I decided after reading the posts that what I needed to do was start reciting the prayer to myself and see what it is that I find so difficult. Particular feelings came up for me. Most noticeably that I am incapable at present of even imagining allowing a divine cosmic presence to manifest through me. My predators mind?

I also couldn't fell comfortable saying "as I give bread to others" I don't believe I actually "Give" anything in a true sense. I've had to add "Learn to give" for now because I feel I am lying. What do I truly give?

Just saying this prayer has led me to see how truly divisive the parts of me are . I felt overwhelming sad at the fact that this prayer has shown me to be incapable of even grasping how I would trust a "Holy awareness in creation" to manifest itself. I too want everything to manifest itself my way, and I didn't even realise.

I also had this overwhelming voice in my head telling me I had failed! I don't know if this is a buffer in me that is trying to stop me moving forward or if I have truly failed on some level. I wondered if it is the predators fear. I won't stop working with the breath work or the Prayer, but I just wanted to say that I have found a deep level of resistance.

I have so much to do!

According to my subjective reason, it would have been nuts not to give this prayer a go, and so I have tried it. It did noticeably set things in motion - in a good way, loosening at first a little bit of psychic gunk.

I also tried doing it with an attempt at the breathing as described by Laura in the session; probably not optimal (given lack of detailed instruction), but it seems to be significantly better than nothing.

Knowing that psychic gunk that has come loose is well gotten rid of in taking a hot bath, and kept in up in there. And quite a bit came out.

However, doing the prayer with breathing more than a couple of times is a challenge, because "It" becomes exhausted and lethargic in doing it. Which, on a positive note, reduces the interference of little "I"s that internally consider the meaning of the words and so add noise and constriction.

slowone said:
Particular feelings came up for me. Most noticeably that I am incapable at present of even imagining allowing a divine cosmic presence to manifest through me. My predators mind?
Yes, indeed. I recommend (re-)reading the following parts of The Wave, particularly Ark's journal entries, and letting all that really sink in, Thinking with a Hammer on it. It really made mine squirm a number of months ago - squirm and to a limited extent die.

http://cassiopaea.org/cass/wave12e.htm
http://cassiopaea.org/cass/wave13i.htm

Woodsman said:
But in end, building my own understanding of the universe is, I think, very important. It might even be the MOST important thing. --If we were all meant to share an identical perspective and experience of the world, then why are there so many different people?

You seem to be suggesting that there is no such thing as Objective Reality, that with Knowledge and "the Work" we can all come to perceive and experience in the same way. You seem to be suggesting that there can only be the Subjective Reality of each individual.

That would be counter to what we are trying to achieve here. At this critical point in time the "most important thing" is to learn to stop perceiving ourselves and the world around us through the distorting prism of our own Subjectivity -- to NOT "build our own understanding of the universe", but rather reach an Objective understanding of the universe via networking and the acquisition of objective knowledge.

Laura, thank you so much for wonderfully beautiful "Prayer of the Soul". It actually took my breathe away.

Thank you for all you have done and all that you are doing. You never cease to amaze with your willingness to give to others no matter the cost to you.

Interesting thread that is ...

Initially when Laura asked for adaptations I had the feeling that "SERENITY" or "DETACHMENT" should somehow be included in the "Prayer of the Soul". I had a look through it to try to "squeeze" these ideas in, but somehow it just didn't fit. And now I think I understand why ...

SERENITY and DETACHMENT are subjective entities, that I may or may not feel. It is something that I wish for, long for and certainly something worth aspiring. But Laura's prayer has a completely other feel to it - it is merely stating "facts" or "skills" that I may want to acquire: knowledge, the ability to hear, to see and to feel. I don't know exactly how to describe that, but it seems to me, that Laura's version has OBJECTIVITY as a focus, while my addition brings in unnecessary "subjectivity".

So at the end, I will stick to the "original" ...

Thanks Laura for sharing.

slowone said:
I also couldn't fell comfortable saying "as I give bread to others" I don't believe I actually "Give" anything in a true sense. I've had to add "Learn to give" for now because I feel I am lying. What do I truly give?

This seems to sum up what several people are feeling. But if this prayer was a perfect description of who you are and how you already interact with the universe, what good would saying the prayer do you?

Have you ever played a note on a piano with your foot on the sustain pedal? Play a C and you'll hear a lot of other notes that you didn't hit start to play as well. They resonate to the note you played. Keep playing that one C and the other resonating notes will get louder.

My thought, is that meditating with this prayer will help your whole being resonate with the yearning of your soul for truth. Keep meditating and perhaps that resonance will get stronger. :o)

Burma Jones said:
slowone said:

This seems to sum up what several people are feeling. But if this prayer was a perfect description of who you are and how you already interact with the universe, what good would saying the prayer do you?

Have you ever played a note on a piano with your foot on the sustain pedal? Play a C and you'll hear a lot of other notes that you didn't hit start to play as well. They resonate to the note you played. Keep playing that one C and the other resonating notes will get louder.

My thought, is that meditating with this prayer will help your whole being resonate with the yearning of your soul for truth. Keep meditating and perhaps that resonance will get stronger. :o)

Thank you. I will keep going with it. It showed me just how powerful it must be to bring up such strong resistance.

Gimpy
This [the prayer] is an invaluable help in dealing with fractured thinking: it lays bare the fear of 'losing one's self' that the predator likes to slap you with. I think its one of the main fears it uses, that in opening yourself to the Universal Mind, you will be subsumed and cease to exist, which makes clear the lack of understanding of sharing or cooperating, colinearity that sustains the Universe and All.

The predator has a great fear of the unknown, and it does not like this kind of Openness to All that Is.

That's enough right there to encourage me to go with the flow, because the more the internal predator is freaked out, the clearer its seen.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Yes, absolutely! I have come to compare the predator mind with the ego--that sense of self or identity created by our minds as we acquire language skills and begin to create our (usually false) perceptions of reality, mirroring the cultural conditioning and consensus reality that we grow up in. The ego/predator mind is in constant fear of being discovered and eliminated by us recognizing objective reality, or as Laura was just writing about "primary reality--reality as it would present itself if only information and data was available . . . raw data with no critical or analytical thinking . . . reality that is uncorrupted by analysis and thinking . . . not been modified, translated, or otherwise distorted"

In other words, for the predator/ego part of the mind to survive it must keep a corrupted false sense of reality and identity in place, hence learning anything that brings us closer to objective reality reduces the predator/ego mind's control of our lives. So--the ego/predator tries to survive in us by creating the internal tension, conflict and confusion we are all so familiar with. It demands that it survive and sends us down any number of self-destructive paths to keep us from knowing our true nature. This in turn keeps us in thrall to The predators of creation/psychopathy who have been ruling us, as Laura also wrote, since the Fall.

Laura's very powerful prayer gives us an effective tool to use in response to the C's advice from some earlier session when they advised us to "pray and meditate" but did not say specifically what words or ideas to use. Now we can open ourselves to the divine mind of the universe and ask for what we need openly and objectively, without giving the predator/ego words (power) to use to push its Psychopathic agenda.

Thank you Laura for bringing us into the C's sessions, the breath work, and this prayer.

shellycheval

Burma Jones said:

I think that's an awesome analogy. From a musical perspective, that describes what Laura is doing exactly.

The universe is singing a song (playing a symphony). We may just be in a forte[1] section, heading for a crescendo! We have an opportunity to participate in the chorus as soon as we let ourselves feel the notes!

Note: as soon as I composed that, I was reminded of the chorus of an old pop tune that goes: "I didn't see it....I can't believe it....ohhhhhhh, but I feel it...when you sing to me."

Talk about goosebumps!

------------------------------------------
[1]
Forte
For"te\ (f[^o]r"t[asl] or f[=o]r"t[asl]), adv. [It. forte, a. & adv., fr. L. fortis strong.] (Mus.) Loudly; strongly; powerfully.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

Forte
adv. & adj. Abbr. f
In a loud, forceful manner. Used chiefly as a direction.
n. A note, passage, or chord played forte.

[Italian, strong, forte, from Latin fortis; see bhergh-2 in Indo-European roots.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Please, read it line by line and think about it from every angle, every aspect. Try to think about some part of your existence that it does NOT cover. I don't think you will find any
Thanks Laura for this extraordinary prayer, Yes, itself has many dimentions of meaning,like a crop circle, it´s a sort of multidimentional prayer!!

Thanks Laura for sharing this invaluable prayer. While mentally reciting it intermittently through out the day, I found myself erroneously replacing the word "True" with "All" in
That I may know and love
The Holiness of True Existence
After I realized this, it led to a question about my understanding of the term "True Existence". Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts on this term?

Also when I was reciting it after a period of meditation, once I caught myself replacing the word "carried" by "cradled" in
Oh Divine Cosmic Mind
Holy Awareness in All Creation
Carried in the heart

My conscious intention is not to modify the prayer - both these "replacements" happened kind of spontaneously without me intentionally debating the words in question. It could be my self-importance trying to put its personal stamp on the prayer but I cannot be sure. So I thought I would ask.
TIA

slowone said:

Hi Slowone,

I think many of us fall into the trap of comparing what we do to what others are doing and feel that we are not doing enough. We give just by existing. I liked the piano analogy very much - it reminds me of the butterfly effect. Sometimes the smallest word or action towards someone can effect great change that we never realize. As we share information with each other, by extension we learn and grow (if we choose to).

Just by writing your post, you resonated with others and furthered this discussion and growth ensued.

I just also wanted to thank Laura for sharing that prayer. I thought it was beautiful. I read a lot of poetry, so when I first read it I saw it as a beautiful poem... and I wouldn't change a word. It made me feel really calm and warm.
Thank you :)

The only thing I question about the prayer, and only because I don't understand it, is the word "Holy." What is the meaning of holy in the context of this prayer? The C's have said not to deify them (6th density), so what is it about the Universe (7th destiny?) that is "holy"?

[quote author=obyvatel]Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts on this term?[/quote]

The adjective "true" assigns the idea of "real" to its object, with the connotations of authenticity, reliability, sincerity, and accuracy. This line flows from the asking for increased knowledge, tying together "knowledge" and "being," and reveals the objective quality of the prayer.

Of particular interest in Laura's prayer is that it expresses the desire to know and love the holiness of such an existence. To know and love the solemn, pure, virtuous, and divine quality of true being.

The verbs carry and cradle can be synonomous, and there's little surprise that the mind could substitute one for the other in the process of memorization, since they both have the letters c, a, and r.

Back
Top Bottom