Session 23 March 2013

andi said:
I did some drawings, I don't know if that works but this is pretty much what I can do.

#5 PROTECTING PSYCHIC HYGIENE
Basically protecting against lying to self and what you allow in your field.
-cutting the weeds and watering the flowers

#8 SELF REMEMBER, SELF OBSERVE
-pretty strait forward

*if anyone can improve (ametist?) or anyone (in case they work), then please go ahead.

I really like the second one cause it has less details and is more concrete imo. And has a bit of Escher :).

nicklebleu said:
Welcome to the club!

Go into the board that you are interested in, where you can view the different threads; there's a button on the top with "New Topic" and next to it "Notify"; click that button, confirm with "OK" ....

ET VOILÀ!

I actually poste this questions a few years ago but I think because it is such an obvious thing and my question was poorly formulated people didn't understand what I was going on about ...

And at the bottom too ;)

Gawan said:
andi said:
I did some drawings, I don't know if that works but this is pretty much what I can do.

#5 PROTECTING PSYCHIC HYGIENE
Basically protecting against lying to self and what you allow in your field.
-cutting the weeds and watering the flowers

#8 SELF REMEMBER, SELF OBSERVE
-pretty strait forward

*if anyone can improve (ametist?) or anyone (in case they work), then please go ahead.

I really like the second one cause it has less details and is more concrete imo. And has a bit of Escher :).

Thanks for the input Gawan.
It's a bit of a dilemma - to make it metaphoric (allegoric) so one can contemplate on the image and complete the text, or make it strait forward and clear so as to only mimic the text. Kind of hard to meet both ends since the some subjects are not easy.

Approaching Infinity said:
andi said:
Thanks everyone for their work, it's great!
I have yet to read this thread, but I was thinking of a theme for #7) KEEPING VIGILANT AGAINST PSYCHIC ATTACKS if there is still time.

Something similar to the image below where a man walks alone in the forest with a book (knowledge) under his left hand and a flower (kindness) in his other hand. Surrounded by the forest (the unknown) and maybe some angry wolves and/or creepy trees (unexpected attack)

Basically he has his book and the flower and walks vigilantly but without worry, calm yet aware.

I was doing a sketch but I'm slow and not very good with computer programs. If anyone likes to take it further, that would be nice. FWIW

I really like that idea!

I've been working on this idea, and here's the result so far:

I included 'predators' lurking in the night, the road, mist (the unknown), the traveler with a book, a rose - that also can represent EE ;) - and a "protective aura of light" .

Any idea and feedback is very welcome, it's still a draft.

I liked the idea and also thought about adding "predators", but then I thought the flower wouldn't really fit as a form of protection, it sort of goes off onto the L/L stuff.

How about a torch instead? Fire keeps animals away, or that's the idea at least.

Another idea is there could be a cloud of flies and one washes off the grime so as not to attract flies.

monotonic said:
I liked the idea and also thought about adding "predators", but then I thought the flower wouldn't really fit as a form of protection, it sort of goes off onto the L/L stuff.

How about a torch instead? Fire keeps animals away, or that's the idea at least.

I like the rose. It's a good EE symbol and even baddies don't mess with roses!

logos5x5 said:
andi said:
I have yet to read this thread, but I was thinking of a theme for #7) KEEPING VIGILANT AGAINST PSYCHIC ATTACKS if there is still time.

Something similar to the image below where a man walks alone in the forest with a book (knowledge) under his left hand and a flower (kindness) in his other hand. Surrounded by the forest (the unknown) and maybe some angry wolves and/or creepy trees (unexpected attack)

Basically he has his book and the flower and walks vigilantly but without worry, calm yet aware.

I was doing a sketch but I'm slow and not very good with computer programs. If anyone likes to take it further, that would be nice. FWIW

I really like that idea!

I included 'predators' lurking in the night, the road, mist (the unknown), the traveler with a book, a rose - that also can represent EE ;) - and a "protective aura of light" .

I really like it, looks great to me.
I also think the rose works well, its a good collective symbol.

monotonic said:

Another idea is there could be a cloud of flies and one washes off the grime so as not to attract flies.

The way I see it is that the book is the protector and the flower is like the ballancing point. A bit like the dove and the serpant, toghether they make for a winner. Osit.

andi said:
logos5x5 said:
andi said:

I really like that idea!

I really like it, looks great to me.
I also think the rose works well, its a good collective symbol.

Maybe the rose should be "in color"... Just a thought.

Great picture!

I like the aura but think that it could be slightly more prominent.
Just my 2 cents.

monotonic said:

I find that idea of a torch or fire that holds away the predators instead of the rose not that bad (Or a rose that is on fire?)... The fire from within holding them away...
Maybe giving it a try and see how it looks?

Pashalis said:
monotonic said:

I find that idea of a torch or fire that holds away the predators instead of the rose not that bad (Or a rose that is on fire?)... The fire from within holding them away...
Maybe giving it a try and see how it looks?
How about a bright aura around both the book and the rose?

logos5x5 said:
andi said:

I really like that idea!

Fwiw the things I see:

Most of the other pictures are made of black and white and hard lines. And your picture does stand out (fadings etc.), though there are already many different styles involved. At least I wouldn't put in the middle of the book between the other styles and eventually at the beginning would be very fitting. Cause your picture shows a way, a direction for what this ,,life is religion" book is about imo (the book in the guys hands (why has it to be a guy anyway :)) could be this book itself).

And I see a snake too in the picture and eventually your picture needs to be in a portray format. Sorry, one last thing it is very mystic (fog, night) and dark, but which is eventually to show the dangers in general.

Gawan said:
logos5x5 said:
andi said:

I really like that idea!

Fwiw the things I see:

Most of the other pictures are made of black and white and hard lines. And your picture does stand out (fadings etc.), though there are already many different styles involved. At least I wouldn't put in the middle of the book between the other styles and eventually at the beginning would be very fitting. Cause your picture shows a way, a direction for what this ,,life is religion" book is about imo (the book in the guys hands (why has it to be a guy anyway :)) could be this book itself).

And I see a snake too in the picture and eventually your picture needs to be in a portray format. Sorry, one last thing it is very mystic (fog, night) and dark, but which is eventually to show the dangers in general.

logo has created some other images that he sent directly to me, which are in the same style. So we have several pictures of different styles. I'll leave it up to the peeps responsible for the final formatting to decide on placement and which images work best. But right now, I think the variety might work well.

logo has created some other images that he sent directly to me, which are in the same style. So we have several pictures of different styles. I'll leave it up to the peeps responsible for the final formatting to decide on placement and which images work best. But right now, I think the variety might work well.

Alright, then it would be fitting again when it is not just one lonely picture in this style :).

#3 Assimilating Knowledge and being :

A Serpent, a dove and the transformation of both.
I wanted to do something symbolic and a bit decorative.

Attachments

• K&B_thumb.jpg
    K&B_thumb.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom