Session 23 March 2013

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I increased the aura intensity and extended it to the rose and the book:

And I was thinking that the person was the "torch" itself, as result of the application of what the book and the rose represents :).

Great pic logos5x5, :thup: however, it might not be easy to make out that he is carrying a book? :huh:

Vulcan59 said:
Great pic logos5x5, :thup: however, it might not be easy to make out that he is carrying a book? :huh:

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought book unless it was mentioned, so I'm for coloring the book and the rose petals, if it is possible. Great though!

Bear said:
Vulcan59 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought book unless it was mentioned, so I'm for coloring the book and the rose petals, if it is possible. Great though!

True guys, it would be difficult to identify it. So I came up with this version:

What do you think?

The thing is that is very likely that the printed size on the booklet will be small, thumbnail size. -so it won't be eye catching, I think.

A way out would be to no have the entire person but only from the waist down and make it bigger (maybe eye level on the ground) - that way you get rid of the male gender and put more emphasis on the book and flower. But that would require a re-do :(

andi said:
#3 Assimilating Knowledge and being :

A Serpent, a dove and the transformation of both.
I wanted to do something symbolic and a bit decorative.

andi, can you email your images (preferably hi-res) to info(at)redpillpress.com?

andi said:
A way out would be to no have the entire person but only from the waist down and make it bigger (maybe eye level on the ground) - that way you get rid of the male gender and put more emphasis on the book and flower. But that would require a re-do :(

I changed some details and focused in a more reduced area:

Or something like this:

But i think that the above is too reduced and loose dept.

Approaching Infinity said:
andi said:
#3 Assimilating Knowledge and being :

A Serpent, a dove and the transformation of both.
I wanted to do something symbolic and a bit decorative.

andi, can you email your images (preferably hi-res) to info(at)redpillpress.com?

Yep I did, FWIW :)

logos5x5 said:
andi said:

I changed some details and focused in a more reduced area:

Or something like this:

But i think that the above is too reduced and loose dept.

Actually I like the last one, but that's just me. I think the content is not lost and it also feels closer to the "action".

andi said:
Actually I like the last one, but that's just me. I think the content is not lost and it also feels closer to the "action".

You know, I've been looking at it and I agree with you Andi, this perspective is focused on the main symbols. If the image is reduced significantly for the booklet, the 2nd option would be just fine, and if the image is not reduced too much, maybe the 1st would fit better. Thanks for your feedback :).

logos5x5 said:

What do you think?

Think the imagery is really very very good logos5x5, and my only mention would be the focus on the wolf as the predator, although that is totally normal in some historical cases, in literature, religion, mythology and nursery rhymes. Having worked around wolves (hence a bias), they do have a perceived nature in this light (and they often get a bad rap and are hunted down by human predators too), however they also have some very interesting social structures in caring for young and such.

Anyway, no worries, i know it is just a form of reference (and it is very neatly done along with the glowing eyes), and may indeed suite the mood of the illustration the best. However, came across this description from Homer of the Cerberus, which would be hard likley to illustrate in your scene in any case.

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28mythology%29

of the Chimera said:
Homer's brief description in the Iliad is the earliest surviving literary reference: "a thing of immortal make, not human, lion-fronted and snake behind, a goat in the middle, and snorting out the breath of the terrible flame of bright fire

This also fits the cosmic serpent description, which it likely was, and thought the description was chilling as a metaphorical predator both above and below. That said, the wolf, too, has a connection to cosmic serpents, so this might be fitting after all if seen in that light.

Isn't it a problem that the man all in black can be imagined either walking towards or away by the reader ?
If he is imagined going towards the reader, the picture may be interpreted differently.

Heaalih said:
Isn't it a problem that the man all in black can be imagined either walking towards or away by the reader ?
If he is imagined going towards the reader, the picture may be interpreted differently.
I think it works either way, actually.

Very nice contributions above there guys.

I have a little one for the parables section here, hope it's ok. Mailing the package to Red Pill in a minute.

Attachments

• ParablesAA.jpg
    ParablesAA.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 7
(Sorry for double posting, can't edit yet)

Just a comment on the drawing: I see/liken parables as/to the navigation tools. That simple. ;)

Back
Top Bottom