Session 23 March 2013

Heaalih said:
Isn't it a problem that the man all in black can be imagined either walking towards or away by the reader ?
If he is imagined going towards the reader, the picture may be interpreted differently.

If you look at the legs, he's coming towards the viewer. But yeah, it works either way really.

Edit: Actually it could be viewed either way, one of those cool optical illusions :)

Wow, I love the artworks here, I'm sure this is going to be a great book with all thoose energies involved.
Thanks to everyone for such an inspiring act of collective creativity.
I'm posting the images I worked out for the titles on AI request. Hope you'll like them.
GrowthinKnowledge.jpg

CleansingtheHeartwithE3010iriu3010Eolas.jpg

AssimilatingKnowledgeandBeing.jpg

KeepingvigilantaboutDiet.jpg

psychichygiene.jpg

purefaith.jpg

keepvigilant.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/leonardoborri/Life%20is%20religion/selfRselfO.jpg[img]
[img width=600 height=302]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/leonardoborri/Life%20is%20religion/HavetheWillofaLion.jpg
emotions.jpg

NetworkNetworkNetwork.jpg

PayingStrictAttentiontoObjectiveRealityLeftandRight.jpg

HavetheWillofaLion.jpg

selfRselfO.jpg

Intothefield said:
Wow, I love the artworks here, I'm sure this is going to be a great book with all thoose energies involved.
Thanks to everyone for such an inspiring act of collective creativity.
I'm posting the images I worked out for the titles on AI request. Hope you'll like them.

I really like them! One thing about the "keeping vigilant against psychic attacks", I see that you drew the brain in the middle? But it kind of gives off a ''closed'' impression (like closing yourself off), if you get what I mean? I would rather think that to be able to keep oneself vigilant against psychic attacks, one would need to ''open'' their eyes and ears as to be as aware as they can be. Just my opinion of course! Edit: Maybe I'm interpreting it wrongly, though?

Regarding logos' image I like the second one too (the cropped one).

What about instead of 'keeping vigilant' you write 'staying vigilant'? In English, people say 'stay vigilant' not 'keep vigilant' so it might be a bit more smooth?

Intothefield said:

Great work. Eventually the circles could grow a bit bigger? So that the last one is so big that intersects and "overlaps" with the border (like in discerning emotions)? But it may look problematical. And is it "growth of" or "growth in knowledge"? But maybe an EE thing.

anart said:
What about instead of 'keeping vigilant' you write 'staying vigilant'? In English, people say 'stay vigilant' not 'keep vigilant' so it might be a bit more smooth?

Good point! I've changed it in the text. Intothefield, can you change those two title graphics?

whitecoast said:
Wow, those all look fantastic!

Ditto! The visual vocabulary and realization, font choice and overall clarity work really great!
It ain't easy to come up with a sign language like this without bordering with symbolic clichés (eyes, brain etc).
And other signs are abstract yet understandable. love it!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions & appreciation.

Oxajil said:
I really like them! One thing about the "keeping vigilant against psychic attacks", I see that you drew the brain in the middle? But it kind of gives off a ''closed'' impression (like closing yourself off), if you get what I mean? I would rather think that to be able to keep oneself vigilant against psychic attacks, one would need to ''open'' their eyes and ears as to be as aware as they can be. Just my opinion of course! Edit: Maybe I'm interpreting it wrongly, though?

You're right about it, definitely a good point I added some arrows so it can looks a bit more on expansion.See if it works better now:
stayingvigilant.jpg

Approaching Infinity said:
anart said:

Good point! I've changed it in the text. Intothefield, can you change those two title graphics?

Of course, here they are:

stayingvigilantaboutDiet.jpg

Gawan said:
Great work. Eventually the circles could grow a bit bigger? So that the last one is so big that intersects and "overlaps" with the border (like in discerning emotions)? But it may look problematical. And is it "growth of" or "growth in knowledge"? But maybe an EE thing.

Don't know about the "of" or "in", I used the titles of the AI edited version. But if they have to be changed it's the work of a couple of minutes..
I modified the upper circle, I think bigger then this will unbalance too much the picture but a bit overlapping like this looks better to me also, more in line with the others.
HavetheWillofaLion-1.jpg

ametist said:
It ain't easy to come up with a sign language like this without bordering with symbolic clichés (eyes, brain etc).
Yup! not easy at all, I tried my best because I have problems with them as well, mostly with eyes but I couldn't find another solution, If something pops out of your mind that can work better we can rearrange the things.

PerihelionX said:
I was reading an article about a Bosnian war survivor talking about preparing for collapse of civilization. He talked repeatedly about having to do "bad things" in order to ensure his family's survival. This made me think that the coming chaos will be the worst time to pollute your psychic hygiene by being forced into survival panic situations. This then made me think of the "Lamp Oil" reference by the C's. I was thinking the lamp oil could be very literal. We must be aware and prepared for our physical situation (knowledge put into practice) so that we can more easily maintain internal and spiritual composure. If you're constantly worrying about survival and being tempted to hurt other people to survive then you won't be ready for the spiritual side of the change.

http://www.naturalnews.com/040249_Bosnia_preppers_survival_strategies.html#ixzz2SuctYn5l

Barely thirty minutes ago when I was in the supermarket I had similar thoughts. He had bought water and some staples. What would happen if disaster if it can not access food and water, or if these were scarce? How could hold my son and myself, how to protect ourselves? In such situations, where chaos reigns, I wonder what I would be willing to do. And how to prepare for a sensible and rational at times that seem to come in the sense of physical survival, how to have full oil lamp, as you say?

Perhaps some of my expressions in English sound awkward or not adequately reflect the sense. If so sorry and try to clarify anything if necessary.
Thanks

Intothefield said:
You're right about it, definitely a good point I added some arrows so it can looks a bit more on expansion.See if it works better now:

Yes it does! Great work Intothefield! :D

Ariadna said:
What would happen if disaster if it can not access food and water, or if these were scarce? How could hold my son and myself, how to protect ourselves? In such situations, where chaos reigns, I wonder what I would be willing to do. And how to prepare for a sensible and rational at times that seem to come in the sense of physical survival, how to have full oil lamp, as you say?

Have a look at the (2009) movie "The Road", with Viggo Mortensen. It was so depressing I had to watch it in installments.

I like them too Intothefield, they engage the viewer more then directing the view. They are like diagrams and you get a kick by looking for the connections. Great work ;)

Intothefield- very cool. I like the symbols very much. I think having them will be such a nice, simple reminder instead of just reading words. At this point I wish they were plastered all over my house!!!

Well done!

Rx said:
Intothefield- very cool. I like the symbols very much. I think having them will be such a nice, simple reminder instead of just reading words. At this point I wish they were plastered all over my house!!!

Well done!

I guess you can print them as a to do list reminder, if that's ok with Intothefield.

Back
Top Bottom