Session 24 October 2009

Lots of good suggestions in this thread. It's very helpful for me since I'm focusing on diet and health at the moment.

Nienna Eluch said:
Please keep in mind that a lot of these foods are "blood-type specific". Others are things that people are either allergic to, or have a sensitivity too.

Ahh ok, I guess it's like when the C's respond to people in the context of that individual. We have to look out for blood type, allergies, and sensitivities. I think I might not react well to nuts because I usually don't soak them, or maybe I do have a sensitivity to them. I'm probably going to go on the ultra simple diet after detoxing.

Today I did the spit test just out of curiosity. I've been following loosely the anti-candida diet for a few months, and strictly for the past month and a half. So I thought I was going to pass the test. At first it just stayed at the top, but there were some particles floating around. It only strung downward and got cloudy like cigarette smoke when I tilted it. Left alone, it was floating and clear, but it still had the particles. I only kept checking it for about two hours, but it looks like I still got to keep fighting candida. I hope I don't have leaky gut and develop allergies to the healthy foods. :shock: Maybe an anti fungal along with the probiotics I'm using will help.

Laura said:
Odyssey said:
DanielS said:
I don't know if it's just me, but lately since I've been trying to eat healthier, I'm getting ridiculous cravings for food in general, in particular salty foods, like chips, sushi (even buckwheat crepes!!!) I've never craved food the way I have been these last few weeks.

Sounds like you have a mineral deficiency and probably low on sodium and potassium at least. Are you using sea salt? Do you take a good quality multimineral supplement? What's your fruit and veggie intake like?

Can also be a sign of adrenal fatigue. Should read "Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue". http://store.drmurphreestore.com/trandbefiand.html

I just glossed over the Adrenal Fatigue thread, and I meet 7 of the 18 symptons that Psyche posted. I'll definitely look into the book. I'm also gonna purchase some multivitamins. Haven't taken those in years. Now seems like the perfect time to start.

Thanks for all that you've done Laura! The legal protection for so many people in and of itself is amazing. Truly creating hope for us all. :hug:

Shijing said:
3D Student said:
It looks like we shouldn't eat bananas either. I was planning on reintroducing fruits once I was done the detox/anti-candida dieting. But I guess I will stay away from bananas now.

Its my impression that bananas aren't on the blacklist, but are one of those foods that can be person-specific (like eggs), so you have to test to see if they affect you adversely or not. If I misunderstood, I'm sure someone will let me know.
I just recently heard that bananas have the same chemical as prozac. Looking at the data, it isn't quite so cut and dried, but could this be the reason that the c's say they arent that great?
_http://blog.bricksmith.com/cheaper-than-prozac/

davey72 said:
I just recently heard that bananas have the same chemical as prozac. Looking at the data, it isn't quite so cut and dried, but could this be the reason that the c's say they arent that great?
_http://blog.bricksmith.com/cheaper-than-prozac/

Saying that "This is the same effect as Prozac" because bananas happen to contain tryptophan, an essential amino acid, is not honest. Tryptophan is a serotonin precursor but I have seen no evidence that it produces the same effect as Prozac. For that to be true it would have to be toxic and addictive in the same way.

The issue that I am aware of with bananas is their sugar and starch content, and the ensuing glycation effects. There may be other issues as well.

Yes, bananas are not good for the low carb diet. According to Life without Bread one banana has 2 bread units or 24g usable carbs. I miss bananas.

This particular session has "hit" me personally in a number of ways as I just read it today.

I find myself trying desperately to 'catch up' on all of the sessions, reading the SOTT, trying to 'see the unseen' and reconcile this all to my life and what is going on. I'm trying to implement dietary changes, and have been practicing the EE intro just today...

I find just practicing the EE intro breathing (today) seems to have helped me think of things that I did not consider before. (I will post later)

I've tried my best to share the insights that I have gained from all that Laura and Ark (and everything I have been able to read and gather thus far), that I could get my mind wrapped around..and all I have learned by reading and how this can garner greater knowledge by application has met me with so much resistance! (Especially by those who 'claim' to have great wisdom/faith/knowledge) without much work, I might add! They all DELIGHT in saying to us such things as, "If you were truly aligned with God...", "If you were right in what you are thinking..." And ON AND ON...that IF WE WERE RIGHT...WE WOULD NEVER EXPERIENCE ANYTHING STRESSFUL WHATSOEVER, so therefore Hardships=wrongfulness! EESH!

IT IS SO DIFFERENT KNOWING that reading for yourself and APPLICATION of what you have read into real world action can be like the difference between ACTIONS in the real world that cause the "reaction" and the knowing the truth but "hiding the light under a bushel" just to get along and justify it under a STS type of 'Faith" from someone "OUT THERE" is gonna come and save us all... I dunno if that made sense at all. But it seems that ALL of those in my immediate family/friends are advising thusly!

I guess what makes sense to me, after many years being in a so called christian church...whose advise was detrimental to me and my child and my family...AT least it gave me a foundation to build upon. Most Important:

1.) The depths of the soul-quest for TRUTH and asked for sincerely...WILL ALWAYS BE ANSWERED! (Even if it is not what you wanna hear, and only as much as you can handle at that moment in "time"!)

2.) When you ask for truth without any preconceived notions...the answer ALWAYS COMES!

3.) By their fruits...

So I guess some things tend to come out to be beneficial according to orientations...and then sometimes according to a TRUE "SOUL-QUESTING" And sometimes we are open, and sometimes we are NOT OPEN. Sometimes we can 'hear the truth' and tend to agree with it....but DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT....totally different story!

513 said:
I've tried my best to share the insights that I have gained from all that Laura and Ark (and everything I have been able to read and gather thus far), that I could get my mind wrapped around..and all I have learned by reading and how this can garner greater knowledge by application has met me with so much resistance! (Especially by those who 'claim' to have great wisdom/faith/knowledge) without much work, I might add! They all DELIGHT in saying to us such things as, "If you were truly aligned with God...", "If you were right in what you are thinking..." And ON AND ON...that IF WE WERE RIGHT...WE WOULD NEVER EXPERIENCE ANYTHING STRESSFUL WHATSOEVER, so therefore Hardships=wrongfulness! EESH!

Of course - where did you get the idea that you were supposed to be sharing your new information with others? People cannot be brought to this information, they must find it themselves if it is in them to do so. Please search for "strategic enclosure" for more information the forum for this. Even the bible spoke of this - "do not cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and rend you to pieces". ;)

There is also this definition on cassiopedia - http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Strategic_enclosure

(Allen) Jehovah's Witnesses have a thing against vaccines. So you know it's been challenged, so we could just look it up and see what happened with that.

I was a Jehovah's Witness for 24 years...they prohibit blood transfusions, not vaccines. Parents routinely lose custody of their children temporarily while the court forces treatment on them such as chemo, blood transfusions , etc. I personally knew a family that had this done to them. There is no support whatsoever from the church against any attacks like this. There may be support from individuals but not from the organization itself. They're happy to publish horror stories in their magazines, but they don't lend financial, legal or other help, so most people just lose their rights.

3D Student said:
Lots of good suggestions in this thread. It's very helpful for me since I'm focusing on diet and health at the moment.

Nienna Eluch said:
Please keep in mind that a lot of these foods are "blood-type specific". Others are things that people are either allergic to, or have a sensitivity too.

Ahh ok, I guess it's like when the C's respond to people in the context of that individual. We have to look out for blood type, allergies, and sensitivities. I think I might not react well to nuts because I usually don't soak them, or maybe I do have a sensitivity to them. I'm probably going to go on the ultra simple diet after detoxing.

Today I did the spit test just out of curiosity. I've been following loosely the anti-candida diet for a few months, and strictly for the past month and a half. So I thought I was going to pass the test. At first it just stayed at the top, but there were some particles floating around. It only strung downward and got cloudy like cigarette smoke when I tilted it. Left alone, it was floating and clear, but it still had the particles. I only kept checking it for about two hours, but it looks like I still got to keep fighting candida. I hope I don't have leaky gut and develop allergies to the healthy foods. :shock: Maybe an anti fungal along with the probiotics I'm using will help.

I am curios as to what the spit test entails and if it still viable?

I apologize first and foremost. I'm a stay at home dad and have chronic pain. I haven't read the entire thread.

Having said that, where do I sign up?

Hi Inquorate, do you mean signing up for FOTCM membership? In that case:
http://paleochristianity.org/signup/
see also:
http://paleochristianity.org/how-to-join/

Back
Top Bottom