Session 3 January 2009

combsbt said:
Alright I think I may have access to some equipment that would allow me to conduct a somewhat simple experiment on the shielding properties of silk. I am a physics major at my university and I have access to a lab that has possibly useful equipment. I would like some input on how to conduct this experiment if anyone would like to help.

drygol said:
Hi there :)

802.11 A - uses frequency band 5.3 GHz
802.11 B , G and N uses frequency band 2.4 GHz

2G - GSM second generation mobile phone network and it uses depending on country bands ranges like 900MHz , 1700Mhz 1800MHz 1900MHz

So I was thinking about it , and came with an idea that maybe it is caused by cats fur ?!
Cast has a lot of tiny hair which could induce static electricity.
And all of sudden it hit me.
Maybe hair is our natural protection against hostile EM field ?
I mean , why do we have most of our hair on our heads ?

I am considering testing a range of different wavelengths and measuring the intensity after it passes through several different materials (silk being one, and perhaps hair as one).

The only problem is that with these given frequencies we are talking about cm range wavelengths and I'm not sure if I have the proper equipment for producing and receiving this range of wavelengths.

I will look into it soon though. I'll be happy to receive any input.

edit: Now that I think about it, producing them wont be a problem, I could just point a radio at it... although it would be nice to have a more controlled method. But having an accurate detector is important.

You may need an EM (blackbox) chamber that is capable of blocking out
*all* EM sources so that you have a controlled environment from which
to test. Start with a Faraday shield (metal box (no pinholes), then
proceed to metal screens with different metals and screen density)
completely enclosing the radiative source and then get a spectrum
analyser with a wide-band detector and see if you can detect any
signals emanating from the radiative source. Then proceed with other
shielding materials, and so on.

The next test is to check Wifi, Cellphones, and so on.

The hardest test is to test for Bio-effects at different distances
from the radiative source, but that requires bio-physics knowledge
but then again, there is no limit how far you can go, if you are willing
to pursue it. ;)

Gather the data from the different shielded materials and bio-effects
then analyse the results.

Maybe you may want to post the results afterwards?

FWIW,
Dan

mkrnhr said:
Does it relate to the psychomatium?

970117 said:
Q: (L) What is a 'psychomantium?'
A: Use Latin knowledge. [Group discusses possible definitions]
Q: (L) Is that it? Something that's in your mind?
A: No.
Q: (L) Is it something that you use your mind to direct or control or power?
A: Chamber for viewing other realms, possible futures and entities residing in
other densities. Need clear depth... such as large polished mirror on stand,
which can be adjusted as to angle... walls must be completely covered in black,
so as to eliminate reflection... soft, low, indirect lighting.

So, yes.

dant said:
You may need an EM (blackbox) chamber that is capable of blocking out
*all* EM sources so that you have a controlled environment from which
to test. Start with a Faraday shield (metal box (no pinholes), then
proceed to metal screens with different metals and screen density)
analyser with a wide-band detector
and see if you can detect any
signals emanating from the radiative source. Then proceed with other
shielding materials, and so on.

The next test is to check Wifi, Cellphones, and so on.

The hardest test is to test for Bio-effects at different distances
from the radiative source, but that requires bio-physics knowledge
but then again, there is no limit how far you can go, if you are willing
to pursue it. ;)

Gather the data from the different shielded materials and bio-effects
then analyse the results.

Maybe you may want to post the results afterwards?

FWIW,
Dan

The part that I have bolded is what concerns me here. I am not aware of a "wide band detector" that would suit this purpose. It seems as though I may have to use a different detection system and apply a fourier transformation on it.

_http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=14837

wikipedia said:
When processing signals, such as audio, radio waves, light waves, seismic waves, and even images, Fourier analysis can isolate individual components of a compound waveform, concentrating them for easier detection and/or removal. A large family of signal processing techniques consist of Fourier-transforming a signal, manipulating the Fourier-transformed data in a simple way, and reversing the transformation.

Some examples include:

* Telephone dialing; the touch-tone signals for each telephone key, when pressed, are each a sum of two separate tones (frequencies). Fourier analysis can be used to separate (or analyze) the telephone signal, to reveal the two component tones and therefore which button was pressed.
* Removal of unwanted frequencies from an audio recording (used to eliminate hum from leakage of AC power into the signal, to eliminate the stereo subcarrier from FM radio recordings, or to create karaoke tracks with the vocals removed);
* Noise gating of audio recordings to remove quiet background noise by eliminating Fourier components that do not exceed a preset amplitude;
* Equalization of audio recordings with a series of bandpass filters;
* Digital radio reception with no superheterodyne circuit, as in a modern cell phone or radio scanner;
* Image processing to remove periodic or anisotropic artifacts such as jaggies from interlaced video, stripe artifacts from strip aerial photography, or wave patterns from radio frequency interference in a digital camera;
* Cross correlation of similar images for co-alignment;
* X-ray crystallography to reconstruct a protein's structure from its diffraction pattern;
* Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry to determine the mass of ions from the frequency of cyclotron motion in a magnetic field.

This may be slightly more complicated than I initially thought, but I think I could still make it happen.

mkrnhr said:
Does it relate to the psychomatium?

I don't think so. As I understand it, the psychomantium is made from a sheet of glass painted black on the reverse. The viewer looks into the glass in such a way that they cannot see their own reflection.

Seems this is OFF TOPIC, but this is the last one I am
responding to, in this topic. If this topic belongs elsewhere,
please do move this and the other common threads out and
into a new topic! Thanks!

combsbt said:
dant said:
[snip!]
analyser with a wide-band detector

[snip!]

FWIW,
Dan

The part that I have bolded is what concerns me here. I am not aware of a "wide band detector" that would suit this purpose. It seems as though I may have to use a different detection system and apply a fourier transformation on it.

_http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=14837

wikipedia said:
When processing signals, such as audio, radio waves, light waves, seismic waves, and even images, Fourier analysis can isolate individual components of a compound waveform, concentrating them for easier detection and/or removal. A large family of signal processing techniques consist of Fourier-transforming a signal, manipulating the Fourier-transformed data in a simple way, and reversing the transformation.

Some examples include:

* Telephone dialing; the touch-tone signals for each telephone key, when pressed, are each a sum of two separate tones (frequencies). Fourier analysis can be used to separate (or analyze) the telephone signal, to reveal the two component tones and therefore which button was pressed.
* Removal of unwanted frequencies from an audio recording (used to eliminate hum from leakage of AC power into the signal, to eliminate the stereo subcarrier from FM radio recordings, or to create karaoke tracks with the vocals removed);
* Noise gating of audio recordings to remove quiet background noise by eliminating Fourier components that do not exceed a preset amplitude;
* Equalization of audio recordings with a series of bandpass filters;
* Digital radio reception with no superheterodyne circuit, as in a modern cell phone or radio scanner;
* Image processing to remove periodic or anisotropic artifacts such as jaggies from interlaced video, stripe artifacts from strip aerial photography, or wave patterns from radio frequency interference in a digital camera;
* Cross correlation of similar images for co-alignment;
* X-ray crystallography to reconstruct a protein's structure from its diffraction pattern;
* Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry to determine the mass of ions from the frequency of cyclotron motion in a magnetic field.

This may be slightly more complicated than I initially thought, but I think I could still make it happen.

An oscilloscope measures 1/t and a spectrum analyser measures 1/f,
so in a sense fourier transformation occurs here. There are many kinds
of ways to measure 1/t or 1/f but at least there are commercial solutions
already available for that purpose and the high-end products can be very
expensive where precision is required. The less precision, the less the
cost, of course, but for the average person it is still expensive, imo.

Just make sure you understand the difference between an analog vs
digital analyzer, because the later is based on time-sampling and if there
are signals "popping up" between gaps, it could be missed unless special
hardware detection/trigger devices are used.

Just to be sure that you understand, please review:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_analyzer
A spectrum analyzer or spectral analyzer is a device used to examine
the spectral composition of some electrical, acoustic, or optical waveform.
It may also measure the power spectrum.

There are analog and digital spectrum analyzers:

* An analog spectrum analyzer uses either a variable band-pass filter whose mid-frequency is automatically tuned (shifted, swept) through the range of frequencies of which the spectrum is to be measured or a superheterodyne receiver where the local oscillator is swept through a range of frequencies.
* A digital spectrum analyzer computes the discrete Fourier transform (DFT), a mathematical process that transforms a waveform into the components of its frequency spectrum.

Some spectrum analyzers (such as "real-time spectrum analyzers") use a hybrid technique where the incoming signal is first down-converted to a lower frequency using superheterodyne techniques and then analyzed using fast fourier transformation (FFT) techniques.

or

_http://www.tutorialsweb.com/rf-measurements/spectrum-analyzer.htm
1. What is a Spectrum Analyzer?

A spectrum analyzer is a wide band, very sensitive receiver. It works on the principle of "super-heterodyne receiver" to convert higher frequencies (normally ranging up to several 10s of GHz) to measurable quantities. The received frequency spectrum is slowly swept through a range of pre-selected frequencies, converting the selected frequency to a measurable DC level (usually logarithmic scale), and displaying the same on a CRT. The CRT displays received signal strength (y-axis) against frequency ( x-axis).
[...]

4. Key Features to Consider When Buying a Spectrum Analyzer:

* Resolution bandwidth
* Frequency range
* Frequency stability
* AC/DC Operation
* Service warranty

Resolution bandwidth: This is an important parameter to consider when buying a Spectrum Analyzer. The sensitivity of the spectrum analyzer is directly dependent on the resolution bandwidth of the analyzer. If your measurements are over a wide band, a 3 KHz RBW is normally sufficient. If you need to make very narrow band measurements (such as filters), then consider a 300Hz or even a 10Hz RBW spectrum analyzer. Obviously, a spectrum analyzer with lower RBW costs more than a spectrum analyzer with 3 KHz RBW.
Frequency range: This is the range of frequencies that you need to make measurements. Spectrum analyzers are available from 100 Hz to 50 GHz range. If you require measurements up to, say IF to 2.4 GHz, a spectrum analyzer from 10MHz-2.4 GHz would be suitable.
Frequency Stability: Frequency stability is the ability of the spectrum analyzer to maintain the frequencies within a specified accuracy. The frequency stability is dependent on the Local Oscillator stability of the spectrum analyzer. For narrow band measurements, this is a very important parameter. Spectrum analyzers do not normally have very high stability clock. If high accuracy of measurement is required, consider buying a spectrum analyzer with provision for external frequency reference. In such an event, the accuracy of the spectrum analyzer is as good as the external reference.
[...]

And then for the equipment: Google: "Wideband detection spectrum analyzer"

...and there are a "ton" of these out there. Seriously, I wonder if your school has
any money to have one of these beasts (they ain't cheap) and if not, then you
have to make do with what you can, if at all. Perhaps you can look into eBay or
Military surplus stores and get lucky, and I wish you the best of luck.

Looks like I can build one for $20.

_http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/02/15/diy_2_4ghz_spectrum_analyser/1

May not be the most accurate thing in the world, but may work for some preliminary tests.

Sounds like a fun project, but as you sorta said; it's limited.

Perhaps the simplest test would be to completely cover the AP
base station and see if your AP client dies? Your network should
die at the client side, if "completely" shielded. This cost nothing
to test, except your time but that is just about all you can deduce
and says nothing about bio-effects due to "leakage" even tho
the client network has "died" due to lack of signal strength?

Yeah, I've considered just covering the wireless antenna and seeing how my signal strength varies. But it only has four little bars to tell me approximately how strong the signal is. I'm not expecting it to shield it completely so I would like a little more accuracy. Also, with this device I will be able to see the distribution across a range of various bands. Covering the antenna and monitoring signal strength will limit the detection to just the channel that my wireless network is set to.

I am so hoping bar-b-q'd beef, pork, and chicken doesn't fall under the fried food category. I have heard that too much is not healthy
as the high heat does something to the surfact layers of the meat which makes it unhealthy. It's similar to frying. Does anyone know more about this ?
Ellipse said:
Lot of informations here.
QFS stands for "Quantum Future School", right ?

A: Stop and eat meat. Your type needs the highest level and quality of protein
About meat, Cayce almost always recommend lamb and poultry in preference to beef for weak person. Today we have to consider to find good poultry.
Make me think of another recurrent advice from Cayce about diet : never, never, never eat fried food.

A: Everything. And D_____ should keep a silk scarf about her throat.
Whaou, my acupuncturist always say me the same and I just figure out that the scarf can be used on the head, no need to search for a cowl on the net. :rolleyes:

Hello Phoenix695:

Seeing as this is your first post, perhaps you could post a little introduction in the Newbies section -- telling us a little bit about yourself, what brought you to this forum, how long you've been reading it, whether you've read any of Laura's work yet, etc....

:)

Hi pheonix695, it's important to remember that the transcripts are in a specific context.  Just because the person the C's were referring to needs high quality meat protein does not mean that everyone does.  From what we understand, a lot depends on blood type, so this is very important to remember.

Why should I discose info about myself and put myself in any sort of danger. The principal of an open forum is expression
anonymously. If you don't agree with that, I can't help it. Why would you check those statistics in the first place ? Nosy like the government ? I am familiar with the wave series and a lot of the messages from the C's. I have followed for about 5 years on and off time permitting. Please leave it at that.
PepperFritz said:
Hello Phoenix695:

Seeing as this is your first post, perhaps you could post a little introduction in the Newbies section -- telling us a little bit about yourself, what brought you to this forum, how long you've been reading it, whether you've read any of Laura's work yet, etc....

:)

I thought it was meant for humanity in general. my mistake. Hmm My blood type is O neg. Any info specific to share I may have missed ?
anart said:
Hi pheonix695, it's important to remember that the transcripts are in a specific context. Just because the person the C's were referring to needs high quality meat protein does not mean that everyone does. From what we understand, a lot depends on blood type, so this is very important to remember.

I rechecked the quote. It doesn't say blood type. it only says "Your type" Where are you reading blood type into it from ?
phoenix695 said:
I am so hoping bar-b-q'd beef, pork, and chicken doesn't fall under the fried food category. I have heard that too much is not healthy
as the high heat does something to the surfact layers of the meat which makes it unhealthy. It's similar to frying. Does anyone know more about this ?
Ellipse said:
Lot of informations here.
QFS stands for "Quantum Future School", right ?

[quote]A: Stop and eat meat. Your type needs the highest level and quality of protein
About meat, Cayce almost always recommend lamb and poultry in preference to beef for weak person. Today we have to consider to find good poultry.
Make me think of another recurrent advice from Cayce about diet : never, never, never eat fried food.

A: Everything. And D_____ should keep a silk scarf about her throat.
Whaou, my acupuncturist always say me the same and I just figure out that the scarf can be used on the head, no need to search for a cowl on the net. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom