Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
October 4, 1997

Laura, Frank

Q: Hello.

A: Hello.

Q: And who do we have with us this evening?

A: Lororra.

Q: And where do you transmit through?

A: Cassiopaea.

Q: I have a few questions on the subject of Cassiopaea. On several occasions you have described Cassiopaea or the Cassiopaeans, the unified thought form light beings that transmit through Cassiopaea, as being the 'front line of the universe's system of natural balance.' On another occasion when Roxanne was here, she was asking questions about Isis and you said that Isis was a 'vanguard.' Now, it seems to me that something that is at the front line is also a vanguard - that the definitions are interchangeable, or similar. In reading through all the various myths and legends, it occurs to me that the similarity between the imagery of Queen Cassiopaea and Isis is quite striking. What is the relationship between Queen Cassiopaea, archetypally speaking, and Isis?

A: Subliminal.

Q: It is subliminal? The other thing I noticed about the word 'Isis' is that it can be slightly altered to make 'I Zeus.' And, Perseus can be 'per Zeus' and Persia can be made to say 'per ziu.' One of the oldest etymological roots for the word 'God' is 'ziu' from which we get 'deu.' These all represent the English translation of 'for God,' with Perceval being 'per ziu val' or 'strong for God.' Could you comment on these relationships?

A: Interconnected by trilingual learning curve.

Q: Any further comments?

A: No.

Q: I also noticed that the word 'Osiris' could also be slightly modified to say 'of Sirius.' Comment, please.

A: Sirius was regarded highly in your "past."

Q: What was the foundation of this regard for Sirius?

A: "From whence cometh, is seen that which knows no limitation."

Q: Could you elaborate on that?

A: Could, but will not.

Q: Why?

A: Because you can!

Q: In reading the transcripts, I came across a reference to a 'pact' made by a group of STS individuals, and it was called 'Rosteem,' and that this was the origin of the Rosicrucians. In the book 'The Orion Mystery,' it talks about the fact that Giza was formerly known as RosTau, which is 'Rose Cross.' Essentially, I would like to understand the symbology of the Rose affixed to the Cross. It seems to me that the imagery of Jesus nailed to the Cross is actually the Rose affixed to the Cross. How does Jesus relate to the Rose?

A: No, it is from the Rose arose the Cross.

Q: Oh.... I see...

A: Said the blind man.

Q: Elaborate, please. Are you saying that what I am seeing is not correct?

A: No, mirth!

Q: It is from the Rose that the Cross arose... and, therefore, the cross symbolizes...

A: Ask.

Q: What does the cross symbolize?

A: The symbology is not the issue. It is the effect.

Q: What is the effect of the cross?

A: All that has followed it.

Q: Could you list some of these to give me a clue?

A: You know these.

Q: In the same vein, I have noticed that there are two classes of arachnids. There are scorpions and there are spiders. The zodiac was changed by taking the pincers away from the Scorpion and creating out of them the sign of Libra. This image was one of a woman holding a balance scales, usually blindfolded. This was done within recorded history, but was probably formalized through the occult traditions of Kaballa. Now, in trying to figure out who has on what color hat, if there is such a thing, I have come to a tentative conclusion that the spider, or spinner of webs, is the Rosicrucian encampment, and that the Scorpion represents the seeker of wisdom... because, in fact, the word for Scorpio comes from the same root as that which means to pierce or unveil. Therefore, the Scorpion is also Perseus, per Ziu, or 'for God.' And the Rosicrucians are the 'other,' so to speak. Can you elaborate on this for me? Or comment?

A: What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in.

Q: So, the Rose is the Spider?

A: Different objective.

Q: So, the Rose, with its thorns... can you help me with this Rose image... is the Rose the Scorpion?

A: No. Different objective... Rose is a stand alone symbol.

Q: So, the Rose can be used by either side, is that it?

A: Maybe.

Q: Another derivation of the word root of Scorpio is 'skopos,' or 'to see.' You said that the human race was seeded on a planet in the constellation Scorpio, and, therefore, when the zodiac was set up and the clues were laid out, it seems to me that the insertion of the sign of Libra was designed to take power away from human beings, to take their hands away, to prevent them from seeing, to make them defenseless. Is this imagery close?

A: On track.

Q: And the Scorpion is represented in four ways: the scorpion, the lizard, the eagle and the dove. So, there are four levels of experience. Also, Minerva/Athena was the daughter of Zeus alone. She was known as the 'tamer of horses,' and was a Virgin Goddess. She was also known as 'Parthenos' meaning separation. Is this part of the imagery of the creation of Eve from the rib of Adam, so to speak, or the separation of knowledge from soul, or the veil between the world of 3rd density and 4th density?

A: Close.

Q: Along this same line, in the astrological symbology, the different stars are designated as being located on different parts of the body in a rather arbitrary way that does not seem to necessarily have a lot to do with the actual configuration of the stars themselves. King Cepheus in the sign of Aries, the consort of Cassiopaea, has a star in the right shoulder. The name of this star in Arabic means 'redeemer. In the imagery of the crucifixion, Jesus is depicted as carrying the cross on his shoulder as if to say that he is the old king who must die to make way for the new one... Additionally, many of us have been experiencing the pain in the shoulder, arm, and shoulder-blade for some time. You have, on occasion, related this to DNA changes. Is it that certain individuals are connected to other densities through the windows of the stars in certain constellations, and the clues are found in the location of the stars in the figures of the constellations relating to the areas of the body where pockets in the etheric field are points of activation of DNA, and that these relate to certain pains and discomforts?

A: Okay.

Q: Is that okay as in I am onto something?

A: Maybe...

Q: Can you help me out a little here?

A: Too do so would compromise your discoveries.

Q: Are the body pains in these areas related?

A: To...?

Q: Obviously this is a big one... it relates directly to the crossed shin bones, the skull, the shoulder blades, knees, elbows and a lot of other symbology... the exposed breast of the Masonic initiate. In the Bible where it says that Jesus was scourged, it is actually a word that usually means the pressing and squeezing that cause milk to express from the breast. On page 33 of 'Bringers of the Dawn,' Barbara Marciniak writes: 'there have been different portals on earth that have allowed different species, creator gods from space, to insert themselves. One of the huge portals that presently being fought over is the portal of the Middle East. If you think back over the history of the Earth, you will realize how many dramas of religion and civilization have been introduced in that portal. It's a huge portal with a radius of 1,000 miles or so. This is why there is so much activity in the Middle East. This is the portal that the Lizzies use.' Could you comment on that information. Are there other portals that are that large which are used by positive entities?

A: Portal is dual.

Q: So any can use it. Is it correct that this is a large portal over the Middle East?

A: Statements made in publication are close, but not absolute.

Q: Is this idea of portals extremely significant. Are they fought over?

A: Yes, but you do not need to explore these truths, until you have learned more.

Q: Okay. Marciniak also says that there are benevolent Lizzies. You once said that the incidence of benevolent Lizzies was so rare as to be not worth mentioning. Is it true that there are benevolent Lizzies as she says?

A: There are benevolences evident even in the darkest circles.

Q: Is the Rose symbolic of Prime Creator and the Cross the conflict between STS and STO?

Q: Anything you CAN tell me?

A: You are so inquisitive, you will uncover all you seek, even without us telling you directly.

Q: Alright. Once before you talked about Mexico. Could you give us an update on Mexico?

A: Vague.

Q: Okay, we have been invited there for a little visit, and I just wanted to make sure that travel there would be safe.

A: Okay for some.

Q: When you say that, what do you mean precisely?

A: Many meanings.

Q: You say it is okay for some, okay for Ark and me?

A: Many possibilities...

Q: Of what kind? From what I understand they have some major research going on over there of some kind...

A: They do. But it is a challenge for a third density vehicle to remain unscathed.

Q: Okay, that leads to my next question: last Friday night's event with my daughter, Anna. Was this what you meant when you said that "Mt. Anna may erupt cataclysmically?" Was this MY Anna?

A: Notice the proliferation of namesakes?

Q: Yes.

A: What connections?!? Hmmm...

Q: I don't know. Are you going to help me out here? What is the connection?

A: Why was name given?

Q: Well, her name is Arianna, and we called her Anna because it was short and easy...

A: You were nudged thusly... synchronicity.

Q: There is something you are trying to say. Is more than ONE Mt. Anna going to erupt?

A: Why not all?

Q: Was this "eruption" with my Anna all there is going to be in that area? I mean, I don't think I could take much more!

A: Yes, but there are underlying factors begging further examination.

Q: What are a couple of these factors? I need something to follow?

A: Deep psychic connector profile. Those who sleep with grand thoughts present vulnerability beyond the same as that seen from the combination of all others!

Q: Are you saying that my Anna sleeps with grand thoughts?

A: Yes.

Q: What can I do to help her?

A: Needs major examination by those of supreme and legitimate psychic power.

Q: Can you suggest?

A: You will find through inimitable sources.

Q: Well, I need something to help her soon because what happened last Friday night nearly killed me... were these kids abducted?

A: What have you been told?

Q: That the 4th density STS will try to hurt me anyway they can. Let me ask this, how much actual alcohol did Anna drink?

A: See last response.

Q: Well, from what the kids said, I would have to say yes. Has she been programmed in some way?

A: You are being cloaked.

Q: What am I being cloaked by?

A: Connected forces.

Q: Well, give me a clue! I have been so concerned that Ark be protected that I got hit on my blind side.

A: And if Ark wishes to travel widely in your accompaniment, perhaps he will realize that a coupling solitude is not wise under the circumstances! We meant everything we said in response to your inquiry to and about Mexico, and in ways you may not have thought about!

Q: Do you mean that Ark and I should not travel to Mexico and leave the children?

A: Level 1 warning: if you do travel alone, you will return to a house with one less resident!!!

Q: Does that mean if we travel anywhere?

A: All such exercises are extremely risky right now. You must see that attack increases as one nears certain knowledge plateaus, but once reached, danger evaporates.

Q: Are any of the other children, besides Anna...

A: We will tell you this. And then we hope you will remember it. And we do this because of our love and concern. What you do with this direct infusion of knowledge is your choice. But we only do this when your mission is directly threatened. When attack is greatest, those most threatening to STS forces receive extremely powerful and direct programming designed to cause them to destroy themselves. The same can happen to those most sensitive who are near to the potential discoverers. You have seen this before. It shall return at periodic intervals.

Q: Is that all you want to say on this?

A: For now.

Q: I have noticed a slowdown in my awareness expansion. Is there anything I can or should do to get myself back on track?

A: Not to worry, all things cycle.

Q: Anything further?

A: We suggest you discuss tonight's messages. Goodbye.

End of Session

Reading about the rose and cross; I read this part before while searching for answers to what had happened. I have a black and white photograph I took of "The White Rose Motel" here in Louisiana, many years ago on one of my many day jaunts. That symbolism came to me in an overwhelming rush when I woke up.

Laura said:
Q: Along this same line, in the astrological symbology, the different stars are designated as being located on different parts of the body in a rather arbitrary way that does not seem to necessarily have a lot to do with the actual configuration of the stars themselves. King Cepheus in the sign of Aries, the consort of Cassiopaea, has a star in the right shoulder. The name of this star in Arabic means 'redeemer. In the imagery of the crucifixion, Jesus is depicted as carrying the cross on his shoulder as if to say that he is the old king who must die to make way for the new one... Additionally, many of us have been experiencing the pain in the shoulder, arm, and shoulder-blade for some time. You have, on occasion, related this to DNA changes. Is it that certain individuals are connected to other densities through the windows of the stars in certain constellations, and the clues are found in the location of the stars in the figures of the constellations relating to the areas of the body where pockets in the etheric field are points of activation of DNA, and that these relate to certain pains and discomforts?

Q: Is that okay as in I am onto something?

A: Maybe...

Q: Can you help me out a little here?

A: Too do so would compromise your discoveries.

Q: Are the body pains in these areas related?

A: To...?

Q: Obviously this is a big one... it relates directly to the crossed shin bones, the skull, the shoulder blades, knees, elbows and a lot of other symbology... the exposed breast of the Masonic initiate. In the Bible where it says that Jesus was scourged, it is actually a word that usually means the pressing and squeezing that cause milk to express from the breast. On page 33 of 'Bringers of the Dawn,' Barbara Marciniak writes: 'there have been different portals on earth that have allowed different species, creator gods from space, to insert themselves. One of the huge portals that presently being fought over is the portal of the Middle East. If you think back over the history of the Earth, you will realize how many dramas of religion and civilization have been introduced in that portal. It's a huge portal with a radius of 1,000 miles or so. This is why there is so much activity in the Middle East. This is the portal that the Lizzies use.' Could you comment on that information. Are there other portals that are that large which are used by positive entities?

A: Portal is dual.

Q: So any can use it. Is it correct that this is a large portal over the Middle East?

A: Statements made in publication are close, but not absolute.

Q: Is this idea of portals extremely significant. Are they fought over?

A: Yes, but you do not need to explore these truths, until you have learned more.

Q: Okay. Marciniak also says that there are benevolent Lizzies. You once said that the incidence of benevolent Lizzies was so rare as to be not worth mentioning. Is it true that there are benevolent Lizzies as she says?

A: There are benevolences evident even in the darkest circles.

Q: Is the Rose symbolic of Prime Creator and the Cross the conflict between STS and STO?

Q: Anything you CAN tell me?

A: You are so inquisitive, you will uncover all you seek, even without us telling you directly.

Strange, I found my comment on the session under the session that I didn't even read but is under the date of 7th Oct 1997 .... maybe I did mistake, but I am not sure in that, as I don't remember reading the session that is now under the date of 7th October, or maybe dates and session have been edited in mean time, but here I am re-posting this under this session:

"thank you for sharing this session .... it moves me a lot, difficult to explain ... but one thing got my attention as actually since last week or so I am experiencing strange pain, more like annoying discomfort, that is starting from my ring finger on my right hand, going all though my shoulder, my spine, back to kidney area and down to the right knee and right leg and fingers ... sort of my whole right side of the body is under some kind of tension that is initiated by kind of discomfort at the ring finger ... it is just growing more strong each day, and it is quite difficult and annoying for me to do any work of typing or doing anything on computer with my right hand, and I have couple of reports and letters I have to write down, but I just can't, and even mentally I am resisting to do that, and even more strange is that I don't realy believe in the future of the actions that might be result of that letters and reports, and I am kind of getting tired of doing work that doesn't realy make sense ... but professionally, as part of the work I committed to, I have to write it down today ... and now reading this I kind of feel the complete nonsense of doing that, apart from just been responsible to finish that part of past commissions ...

Also last night for some reason I ended up looking at the images of Isis before I fall asleep ..."

Thanks for posting the older sessions Laura, much appreciated.

Interesting information on there being a portal in the Middle East Area. I just finished reading Eric Cline's 1177 B.C; and it is just amazing, how time after time, in this same area of the world there is great warfare and destruction. The collapse of the bronze age, Greco-Persian wars, the early stages of Alexander's campaigns, the Punic Wars etc; all within the vicinity of the region - and today we have ISIS. It is like an attractor for chaos, and a portal would make sense...just some thoughts fwiw.

Thank you for the "exhumation" of the "old" material. :)

May I ask if there is any particular reason for sharing this material now?

Daf said:
Thank you for the "exhumation" of the "old" material. :)

May I ask if there is any particular reason for sharing this material now?

Hi Daf,

When you go over this table of the early transcripts you will notice that especially for the year 1998 there are several dates which don't have a link to them, which means they're not officially transcribed yet.

Laura is --for years on end-- trying to find enough spare time every once in a while to be able to fill in the blanks to come to a complete set of officially sanctioned transcripts. But due to her many other projects, this one has proved to be very difficult to finish.

Furthermore, she also started to publish the transcripts per year, starting with 1994, in heavily annotated and commentated versions.

There are several more of those available or becoming available soon. If I'm not mistaken 1995 has been published already and 1996 will be next in the coming months.

The current session is one of several from 1997 which weren't transcribed either but the list I mentioned earlier now shows that 1997 has been completed in its entirety. So that year will be the next one to be made ready for annotated publication in a more distant future.

Hope this helps a bit. ;)

Thanks Palinurus.

Sir, (or madam) you gave me there a perfectly sound and logical explanation.

Fact is I had my doubts about the reedition just after posting and it was too late to erase the question with my current accreditation level! :P
Anyhow, many thanks for taking the time to clarify.

The rose and the cross, more questions than answers
In this post, I attempt to present what I learned about the symbols of the rose and the cross. It began with a passage concerning with the Rosicrucians and their origin, but the Rosicrucians, soon became less important than the meanings of the rose and the cross.
Q: In reading the transcripts, I came across a reference to a 'pact' made by a group of STS individuals, and it was called 'Rosteem,' and that this was the origin of the Rosicrucians. In the book 'The Orion Mystery,' it talks about the fact that Giza was formerly known as RosTau, which is 'Rose Cross.' Essentially, I would like to understand the symbology of the Rose affixed to the Cross. It seems to me that the imagery of Jesus nailed to the Cross is actually the Rose affixed to the Cross. How does Jesus relate to the Rose?

A: No, it is from the Rose arose the Cross.
What does it mean that the Rose arose from the Cross? Does it mean that the sign of the cross was a stylized version that represented a rose, or did the symbol of a rose refer to someone or something that gave rise to the use of the cross? Or something else?

There was also:
Q: So, the Rose, with its thorns... can you help me with this Rose image... is the Rose the Scorpion?

A: No. Different objective... Rose is a stand alone symbol.

Q: So, the Rose can be used by either side, is that it?

A: Maybe.

If the "Rose is a standalone symbol", what can the Rose symbolize?
The Wiki suggests that both Greco-Roman, Judaic, Christian and Islamic groups have attributed meanings to the rose, just as both England and Catalonia take the rose to represent them. This means that one would have to look carefully to find out which interpretations of the rose as a symbol are likely or meaningful.
Greco-Roman religion
In ancient Greece, the rose was closely associated with the goddess Aphrodite.[2][3]
Aphrodite is in Roman tradition called Venus. As a planet, her symbol is a circle, below which there is a small cross. The Venus of mythology is associated with the rose. The family of Caesar was said to have descended from Venus.
Judaism
In the Song of Songs 2:1-2, the Jewish people are compared with a rose, remaining beautiful amongst thorns,[7] although some translations instead refer to a "lily among thorns."[8] The Zohar uses a "thirteen-petalled rose" as a symbol for the thirteen attributes of Divine Mercy[7] named in Exodus 34:6-7.[9] The rose and rosettes were also used to symbolize royalty and Israel,[10] and were used in wreaths for the bridegroom at weddings in Biblical times.[11]
The Zohar is a work in the Jewish mystical tradition of Kabbalah.

Next comes an interpretation that connects the rose to Christianity:
Christianity
Following the Christianization of the Roman Empire, the rose became identified with the Virgin Mary.[12][3] The rose symbol eventually led to the creation of the rosary and other devotional prayers in Christianity.[13][3] Ever since the 1400s, the Franciscans have had a Crown Rosary of the Seven Joys of the Blessed Virgin Mary.[3] In the 1400s and 1500s, the Carthusians promoted the idea of sacred mysteries associated with the rose symbol and rose gardens.[3] Albrecht Dürer's painting The Feast of the Rosary (1506) depicts the Virgin Mary distributing garlands of roses to her worshippers.[3]
If the rose before Christianity was associated with Venus, it became associated after Christianity with Mother Mary. It is probably not a coincidence. For more information, see Rosary, History of the Rosary, and the above link to Crown Rosary
The rosary, may vary a bit in its length, but has a cross, usually one like this:
1660846014745.png
When one looks at the symbol above, it appears a bit like the sign for the planet Venus, but it turns out that the cross in the sign for Venus was only added in the 16th century. The Wiki about astrological symbols has for Venus:
Perhaps a copper hand mirror with handle or necklace with pendant; cross added in 16th c. (see Venus symbol) (emoji variant is ♀️)
On the painting by Albrecht Dürer from the early 16th century, there were roses distributed, while the angels hold the crown with the cross above the head of the woman. I don't know why it is above. Is it to come down at some stage after enough roses have been distributed? Or is it because the model for the image was the deceased wife of Maximilian?

Screenshot 2022-08-20 011602.jpg

Also in Islam, there are interpretations of the rose as a symbol.
Islam
[...]
In turn, the imagery of lover and beloved became a type of the Sufi mystic's quest for divine love, so that Ibn Arabi, for example, aligns the rose with the beloved's blushing cheek on the one hand and, on the other, with the divine names and attributes.[18]

Other well-known examples of rose symbolism in Sufism include:

The rose in Catalonia and England
Spain
Selling roses on St George's Day in Catalonia, Spain
Catalans in the north eastern of Spain have traditionally celebrated Saint George's Day (April 23) – which commemorates Saint George (Sant Jordi), the patron saint of the Catalonia region; as the dia dels enamorats ("lovers' day"), on which lovers exchange blood-red roses.[19]
England
[...]
The rose is the national flower of England, a usage dating back to the English civil wars of the fifteenth century (later called Wars of the Roses), in which a red rose represented the House of Lancaster, and a white rose represented the House of York.[20] The Tudor dynasty created the Tudor rose, which united both the white and the red roses, a symbolism dramatized by Shakespeare in his play Richard III.[21][22]
The rose is certainly a standalone symbol and with a variety of meaning attributed by different people and cultures. Apart from the myths surrounding Mary and the rosary, the connections with the cross were quite remote. And just to be sure, I looked up Crown of thorns, but they were not made from roses. Next are some notes on the cross.

From letters in ancient alphabets to the symbol of the cross
It is believed that the origins of some letters can be traced back to signs that represented objects. See The History of the Alphabet, from where one can find Taw, which is interesting because some symbols representing it resemble a cross:
Taw, tav, or taf is the twenty-second and last letter of the Semitic abjads, including Phoenician Tāw Phoenician taw.svg, Hebrew Tav ת‎, Aramaic Taw Taw.svg, Syriac Taw ܬ, and Arabic ت Tāʼ (22nd in abjadi order, 3rd in modern order). In Arabic, it is also gives rise to the derived letter ث Ṯāʼ. Its original sound value is /t/.

The Phoenician letter gave rise to the Greek tau (Τ), Latin T, and Cyrillic Т.
And:
Origins of taw
Taw is believed to be derived from the Egyptian hieroglyph representing a tally mark (viz. a decussate cross)
Z9
All the four representations above, contain two lines crossing each other. Another letter that has a similar outline is the Greek letter Chi, but I could not find a Phoenician equivalent.

The sign of tav as signalling protection
In Judaism
Tav is the last letter of the Hebrew word emet, which means 'truth'. The midrash explains that emet is made up of the first, middle, and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet (aleph, mem, and tav: אמת). Sheqer (שקר, falsehood), on the other hand, is made up of the 19th, 20th, and 21st (and penultimate) letters.

Thus, truth is all-encompassing, while falsehood is narrow and deceiving. In Jewish mythology it was the word emet that was carved into the head of the golem which ultimately gave it life. But when the letter aleph was erased from the golem's forehead, what was left was "met"—dead. And so the golem died.

Ezekiel 9:4 depicts a vision in which the tav plays a Passover role similar to the blood on the lintel and doorposts of a Hebrew home in Egypt.[2] In Ezekiel's vision, the Lord has his angels separate the demographic wheat from the chaff by going through Jerusalem, the capital city of ancient Israel, and inscribing a mark, a tav, "upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof."

In Ezekiel's vision, then, the Lord is counting tav-marked Israelites as worthwhile to spare, but counts the people worthy of annihilation who lack the tav and the critical attitude it signifies. In other words, looking askance at a culture marked by dire moral decline is a kind of shibboleth for loyalty and zeal for God.[3]

Sayings with taf
"From aleph to taf" describes something from beginning to end
, the Hebrew equivalent of the English "From A to Z."

The Greek tau, the Latin T and adaptations of the Phoenician and Hebrew taw or tav
Since Christianity also had Roman roots, and when the personage of Jesus in part was modelled on Caesar, what about the history of the Latin letter T. From the Wiki for T, there is this table that illustrates the differences:

Phoenician
Taw
Etruscan
T
Greek
Tau
Proto-semiticT-01.svgEtruscanT-01.svgTau uc lc.svg
The sound value of Semitic Taw, Greek alphabet Tαυ (Tau), Old Italic and Latin T has remained fairly constant, representing [t] in each of these; and it has also kept its original basic shape in most of these alphabets.
While the Phoenician letter above looks like a cross, there is also what is called a tau cross

The Tau Cross
The Greek word σταυρός, which in the New Testament refers to the structure on which Jesus died, appears as early as AD 200 in two papyri, Papyrus 66 and Papyrus 75 in a form that includes the use of a cross-like combination of the letters tau and rho.[11][12][13] This tau-rho symbol, the staurogram, appears also in Papyrus 45 (dated 250), again in relation to the crucifixion of Jesus. In 2006 Larry Hurtado noted that the Early Christians probably saw in the staurogram a depiction of Jesus on the cross, with the cross represented (as elsewhere) by the tau and the head by the loop of the rho, as had already been suggested by Robin Jensen, Kurt Aland and Erika Dinkler.[11] In 2008 David L. Balch agreed, adding more papyri containing the staurogram (Papyrus 46, Papyrus 80 and Papyrus 91) and stating: "The staurogram constitutes a Christian artistic emphasis on the cross within the earliest textual tradition", and "in one of the earliest Christian artifacts we have, text and art are combined to emphasize 'Christus crucifixus'".[12] In 2015, Dieter T. Roth found the staurogram in further papyri and in parts of the aforementioned papyri that had escaped the notice of earlier scholars.[13]
In the Wiki, there is this image of a staurogram:
1660839090411.png

In the above excerpt it said "the head by the loop of the rho" To understand what they might be referring to, it helps to consult the History of the alphabet, where one finds.
Screenshot 2022-08-18 182913.jpg
There is no hyperlink from "ra's" but it could be resh, since under resh, there is the same Phoenician symbol, and resh became rho, which in the passage above was taken to represent the head.

The Wiki on the staurogram
The symbol is of pre-Christian origin. It is found on copper coins minted by Herod I in 37 BC, interpreted as a tr ligature representing trikhalkon indicating the coin value.[2]

Abbreviation for stauros
The staurogram was first used to abbreviate stauros (σταυρός), the Greek word for cross, in very early New Testament manuscripts such as 𝔓66, 𝔓45 and 𝔓75, almost like a nomen sacrum, and may visually have represented Jesus on the cross.[3]

Monogram of Christ

The Tau-Rho as a Christian symbol outside its function as nomen sacrum in biblical manuscripts appears from c. the 4th century, used as a monogramma Christi alongside the Chi-Rho and other variants, spreading to Western Europe in the 5th and 6th centuries.[4]

Another early symbol is the Chi Rho.
Again there is rho, taken to represent the head.
The Chi Rho (/ˈkaɪ ˈroʊ/; also known as chrismon[1]) is one of the earliest forms of Christogram, formed by superimposing the first two (capital) letters—chi and rho (ΧΡ)—of the Greek word ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ (Christos) in such a way that the vertical stroke of the rho intersects the center of the chi.[2]
1660941515921.png
The Chi-Rho symbol [See above3] was used by the Roman Emperor Constantine I (r. 306–337 AD) as part of a military standard (vexillum). Constantine's standard was known as the Labarum. Early symbols similar to the Chi Rho were the Staurogram (Christliche Symbolik (Menzel) I 193 2.jpg) and the IX monogram (Christliche Symbolik (Menzel) I 193 4.jpg).
And further:
In pre-Christian times, the Chi-Rho symbol was also used to mark a particularly valuable or relevant passage in the margin of a page, abbreviating chrēston (good).[3] Some coins of Ptolemy III Euergetes (r. 246–222 BC) were marked with a Chi-Rho.[4]

Although formed of Greek characters, the device (or its separate parts) is frequently found serving as an abbreviation in Latin text, with endings added appropriate to a Latin noun, thus XPo, signifying Christo, “to Christ”, the dative form of Christus,[5] or χρ̅icola, signifying Christicola, “Christian”, in the Latin lyrics of Sumer is icumen in.
In the above analysis of the signs that make up the cross, there was no rose, although the word rose comes from Greek rhodon, which begins with "rho".

Both the symbol of the rose and that of the cross have interesting stories to tell.

In this session, there was:

This is amply borne out by the different Wikis which have stories to tell about how the ancients used the star for navigation and timekeeping. The Wiki on Sirius gives has this illustration:
250px-Canis_Major_constellation_map.svg.png

The Wiki Dog Days has this guide to help find it in relation to Orion. Locate the belt of Orion and extend it.
200px-Finding_sirius.png

The above Wiki explains about the origin of the name:
The English name is a calque of the Latin dies caniculares (lit. "the puppy days"), itself a calque of the ancient Greek κυνάδες ἡμέραι kynádes hēmérai.[1] The Greeks knew the star α Canis Majoris by several names, including Sirius "Scorcher" (Σείριος, Seírios), Sothis (Σῶθις, Sôthis, a transcription of Egyptian Spdt), and the Dog Star (Κῠ́ων, Kúōn).[2] The last name reflects the way Sirius follows the constellation Orion into the night sky.[3]
In Russian, a word for vacation, is каникулы which can be transliterated as caniculee which shows the connection to the Latin expression to "dies caniculares".

While on the topic of dogs:
A search on Cassiopaea. orggave for Sirius, and one is:
The Wave Chapter 3: Dorothy and The Frog Prince Meet Flight 19 in Oz or, “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore!”
[
...]
There have been assorted political and pseudo-mystical interpretations of The Wizard of Oz popularized through the years. In one of them, the idea is presented that Dorothy herself is the real wizard because she is the only one who really accomplishes anything. In another, Toto is compared to Anubis, the dog-headed Egyptian guide of the dead. It is because of Toto’s actions that Dorothy gets caught in the tornado to begin with. But, in the end, Toto exposes the Wizard as a humbug. Then, when the Wizard is about to take Dorothy home, Toto once again discombobulates the action by chasing a cat, forcing Dorothy to miss her ride and use the Ruby Slippers instead.

In this line of thinking, my own ideas have tended in the direction of Sirius and Orion. I can’t help but see Dorothy outlined in the constellation with the funny little Toto at her heels!

Sirius, being the brightest fixed star in the night sky, is like a king. I came to think of the word, sir, though it is a coincidence:
Sire is an archaic respectful form of address to reigning kings in Europe. In French and other languages it is less archaic and relatively more current. In Belgium, the king is addressed as "Sire..." in both Dutch and French.

The words "sire" and "sir", as well as the French "(mon)sieur" and the Spanish "señor", share a common etymological origin, all ultimately being related to the Latin senior.
The Latin senior means older, "elder; rather old", but one does not have to look for names because Sirius has many:
Sirius has over 50 other designations and names attached to it.[71] In Geoffrey Chaucer's essay Treatise on the Astrolabe, it bears the name Alhabor and is depicted by a hound's head. This name is widely used on medieval astrolabes from Western Europe.[20] In Sanskrit it is known as Mrgavyadha "deer hunter", or Lubdhaka "hunter". As Mrgavyadha, the star represents Rudra (Shiva).[113][114] The star is referred to as Makarajyoti in Malayalam and has religious significance to the pilgrim center Sabarimala.[115] In Scandinavia, the star has been known as Lokabrenna ("burning done by Loki", or "Loki's torch").[116] In the astrology of the Middle Ages, Sirius was a Behenian fixed star,[117] associated with beryl and juniper. Its astrological symbol Sirius - Agrippa.png was listed by Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa.[118]
Sirius was one of 15 Behenian fixed star in the medieval astrology
The Behenian fixed stars are a selection of fifteen stars considered especially useful for magical applications in the medieval astrology of Europe and the Arab world.
In the list of 13 stars ordered as they appear in the 12-star zodiac, counting from Aries, Sirius is the fifth star and appears in Cancer. The above Wiki has that the star is only associated with Venus, while all the others are listed as associated with two planets. This is interesting because in the Wiki for the Egyptian Sopdet has:
Sopdet is the consort of Sah, the personified constellation of Orion near Sirius. Their child Venus[1] was the hawk god Sopdu,[8] "Lord of the East".[11]
The five pointed star and Sirius
A part of the hieroglyph for Sopdet is a five pointed star.
Name in hieroglyphs
M44
N14
X1

H8
Is resembles what on one finds in the Wiki for Sirius
Serer religion

Yoonir, symbol of the universe in Serer religion[139][140]
[...]
In the religion of the Serer people of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania, Sirius is called Yoonir [....]

Heliacal rising and Sirius
The ancients kept track of the rising and setting of stars as a help to keep track of time, here are some terms:
The "heliacal rising" (morning first):
is the first day of the year when the star (after a period when it was invisible) rises in the morning before the Sun and the Sun is still far enough below the eastern horizon to make it briefly visible in the morning twilight.

The "acronychal rising":
is the last day of the year when the star (after a period when it was visible at night) rises in the evening after sunset and the Sun is already far enough below the eastern horizon to make it visible in the evening twilight.

The "heliacal setting" (evening last):
is the last day when the star (after a period when it was visible) sets after sunset and the Sun is already far enough below the western horizon to make the star briefly visible in the evening twilight.

The "cosmic setting":
is the first day when the star (after a period when it was visible) sets before sunrise and the Sun is still far enough below the eastern horizon to make the star briefly visible in the morning twilight.

More about Helical risings of the stars
The Heliacal Rising of Sirius
Extinction angle and heliacal events
There is a software that gives and idea of the time of rising and setting of the stars, Planetary, Lunar and Stellar Visibility and there is documentation. Some issues that affect the actual observation of the rising and setting of stars is how clear the atmosphere is.
The Heliacal rising of Sirius was the most important
Historically, the most important such rising is that of Sirius, which was an important feature of the Egyptian calendar and astronomical development. The rising of the Pleiades heralded the start of the Ancient Greek sailing season, using celestial navigation.[5], as well as the farming season (attested by Hesiod in his Works and Days).
Constellations containing stars that rise and set were incorporated into early calendars or zodiacs. The Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians, and Greeks all used the heliacal risings of various stars for the timing of agricultural activities.
In spite of the brightness of the Sun, Sirius can from some locations and under some circumstances be observed even in daylight especially, see:
Naked eye visibility of Sirius in broad daylight
HOW TO SEE SIRIUS IN THE DAYTIME

Below, are some transcripts about Sirius:
A Sumerian name for Sirius was Tiamat
Session 9 October 1994
Q: (L) I am going to give a list of planets written about in the Sumerian texts which Dr. Sitchen has interpreted. I would like for you to give me the true translation of these names. What was meant by {the Sumerian word}:

{In the following, the words to the left are what I called out and the words to the right of the colon are the C's responses.}

Mummu: Comet cluster.
Lahamu: Venus
Lahmu: Earth
The Hammered Bracelet: Comet trail of Venus and cluster.
Anshar: Jupiter.
Anu: Moon.
Ea: Sun.
Gaga: Saturn.
Marduk: Mars.
Tiamat: Sirius.

Sirius and Orion
The next excerpt is long and involves a discussion of our origins, including comments on Orion and Sirius, with the Cs saying: "Sirius is confused as a locator because it appears in similar location in the sky in the northern hemisphere." which in the context can mean that Sirius is confused with Orion as a locator, because Sirius is close. Here is the context:

Session 24 September 1995
A: Let us go to the root.

Q: (L) What is the root?

A: Who, or what made you?

Q: (RC) The Creator. (L) Prime Creator.

A: How? And who is Prime Creator?

Q: (L) Everything, I guess.

A: You are "Prime Creator."

Q: (L)Well, we know we are... (RC) We are creators, but we aren't the Prime Creator...

A: Prime Creator Manifests IN you.

Q: (L) Okay, so at the root is Prime Creator.

A: But... who was secondary?

Q: (RC) The Sons of God? The Elohim?

A: Who is that? Remember, your various legends are "seen through a veil."

Q: (L) Okay, the secondary creators are the ones interacting with us directly?

Q: (L) Is this the source of the stimulation to discover knowledge?

A: Basically, but, let us take this step by step.

Q: (RC) Okay, getting back to the Celts, were the Pleiadians the secondary creators who brought in the Celts?

A: Review what we have just said!

Q: (L) They said it was the Orions. Are the Orions these secondary creators? (RC) Well, I read that it was the Pleiadians. And the Hebrews were originally the Hoovids who came from Sirius...

A: Here comes a shocker for you... one day, in 4th density, it will be your descendants mission to carry on the tradition and assignment of seeding the 3rd density universe, once you have the adequate knowledge!!!

Q: (L) If the Orion STS brought the Celts here, were the Celts, while they lived on Kantek, in the form they are in now?

A: They were lighter in appearance.

Q: (L) You have told us on other occasions that the Semitic peoples were remnants of the Atlanteans, and yet they are quite unlike...

A: Whoa!! Wait a minute, let's not get ahead of ourselves. First things first. What Roxanne said was not entirely factual. Remember, there is much disinformation to weed through.

Q: (RC) What did I say that was not factual?

A: In this part of your 3rd and 4th density universe, specifically your "galaxy" it is the region known as Orion that is the one and only indigenous home of human type beings... reflect on this! Indigenous home base, not sole locator. What you are most in need of review of is the accurate profile of "alien" data.

Q: (RC) I thought that humans originated in Lyra and then a war broke out there and they ended up in Orion.

A: Lyra is not inhabited. There have been homes in all places, but some were/are transitory, and some are not. Pay attention to Orion! This is your ancestral home, and your eventual destination. Here is the absolutely accurately accurate profile of Orion to follow: This is the most heavily populated region of your Milky Way galaxy! This is a region that extends across 3rd and 4th density space for a distance as vast as the distance between your locator and it. There are 3,444 inhabited "worlds" in this region. Some are planets as you know them. Some are artificially constructed planetoids. Some are floating space barges. And some are "satellites." There are primary homes, travelling stations and incubator laboratories all in 2nd, 3rd and 4th densities. There are overseer zones in 5th and 6th densities. Approximately one half is STO and one half is STS. Together, along with many other colonies, located elsewhere, this is called, in translation, Orion Federation. Orions created grays in 5 varieties, as cyber-genetic beings, and installed them on Zeta Reticuli 1, 2, 3, and 4, as well as on 2 planets orbiting Barnard's Star. The Reptilians also inhabit 6 planets in the Orion region in 4th density, and are owned by the Orion STS as slaves, and, in some cases, pets!!! The name "Orion" is the actual native name, and was brought to earth directly. Study the legend of the "god" of Orion for parallels.

Q: (L) Are the Orion STS the infamous red-headed Nordic aliens?

A: Yes, and all other humanoid combinations.

Q: (L) Okay, if it started with the Nordic types, and that is where the other humanoid combinations came from, what genetic combinations were used for human beings? Black people, for instance, since they are so unlike "Nordics?"

A: The Nordic genes were mixed with the gene pool already available on Earth, known as Neanderthal.

Q: (L) What was the genetic combination used to obtain the Oriental races?

A: Orientals come from a region known in your legends as "Lemuria," and are a previous hybridization from 7 genetic code structures from within Orion Union, designed to best fit the earth climate and cosmic ray environment then existent on earth.

Q: (L) Okay, what about the Semitic and Mediterranean peoples?

A: Each time a new flock was "planted," it was engineered to be best suited to the environment where it was planted. Aryans are the only exception, as they had to be moved to earth in an emergency.

Q: (L) If races are engineered on earth to be "best suited," what factors are being drawn from or considered regarding the Semitic race?

A: They are not engineered on earth, but in Orion lab as all others. They were "Planted" in the Middle East.

Q: (L) What genetic type were the Atlanteans?

A: They were the same as the "Native Americans."

Q: (L) What were the roots of the Native American type? Was there a basic type that was here on the planet and was then taken to an Orion lab and genetically modified and then planted?

A: No!!! Have you been paying attention?!?!

Q: (L) What did I miss? Why do some Native Americans believe they come from the Pleiades?

A: Where are the Pleiades?

Q: (L)Well, near Orion. (RC) Oh, okay. So, they are considering the Pleiades part of Orion. What about Sirius?

A: Sirius is confused as a locator because it appears in similar location in the sky in the northern hemisphere. The American Indians were confused in the translation because of similar seeming location due to vantage point.

Q: (L) Okay. (RC) Well, but Sirius is clearly Sirius! It's the brightest star in the sky... it's in all the legends! (L) Well, it could be that it is not just misinterpretation, but deliberate disinformation? (RC) How could it be translated wrong? This is not clear! The star charts are very specific!

A: How have YOU translated YOUR legends wrong?

Q: (F) I think the point is that it is clear that we, in our present culture, are easily able to get things very wrong, even from the more recent times; so it is not a great consideration to think that the more ancient legends can also be distorted, embellished, and misrepresented.

A: Review what we said at the beginning of this session.

Q: (L) Did the Dogon come from Sirius?

A: All humanoid types originated in Orion region, there are and have been and will continue to be literally millions of colonies.

Q: (RC) Well, Sirius has a green sky, not a blue sky like we do. (L) The star?! (RC) Well, no, the planets... Yes, Sirius has a green atmosphere... a light green. (F) Well, I prefer blue! (L) If a lot of the information that is being propagated these days is confusion or disinformation, what is the purpose of all this?

A: You answered yourself: Confusion and disinformation.

Residential locators, ... Sirius Region, though not the actual astronomic body
Session 7 October 1995
Q: (L) Getting back to what you said at the beginning, is it possible that all other channeled material that is designated as this or that 'alien group' comes through a 'transfer point' and then is corrupted so that the person receiving it believes that it is from an actual alien race?

A: Yes, remember, Matrix material, like all others, contains confused concepts at some points. Antareans, Arcturians, and Cassiopaens refers more to the transfer locator for channel groove rather than residence. Some have come in after the fact and planted fables regarding "races" of beings living in, and travelling from, various places as referenced from your perspective.

Q: (L) Well, who are all these groups giving this information?

A: Many different groups and individuals. Now, there are indeed actual residential locators mentioned in various writings which are factual. Orion, obviously, Zeta Reticuli, Rigel, Barnard's Star, Sirius Region, though not the actual astronomic body as mentioned.
Q: Why were they oriented to Orion and Sirius? A: What do you think?
Session 16 August 1997
Q: So, it is the conclusion. But, the deeper I go, the more I see that this world is REALLY controlled by these negative beings! They really have us under their thumbs.

A: Do they?? If so, then how is it that you can communicate with us?

Q: Well, obviously, not completely. They like to THINK they do. But, working with my zodiac, I can't decide where the year ought to begin. Supposedly the Egyptians began the year in the summer, Midsummer. But, it seems to me that it ought to begin in the winter at the winter solstice. But, then, it is backwards in the Southern Hemisphere. So, which of the solstices or equinoxes would be the proper one for the beginning of the year?

A: Begin as you see fit, everyone else has.

Q: That's the truth! Okay, we have this Orion Mystery book. It seems to have quite a bit of discussion on the shafts that hint at something you mentioned a long time ago. They say that the fellows who originally measured the shafts were in error and their measurements are accurate now. But, you mentioned that the shafts change position, so the previous, as well as the current measurements could BOTH be correct. Is that so?

A: Ultrasound reading showed inner chambers change in position.

Q: What were the functions of the so-called air shafts of these chambers. It seems that the southern shaft of the Queen's chamber orients to Sirius, and the southern shaft of the King's chamber orients to Orion, but only at certain times. What was the function of the orientation to these stars?

A: Stand within airshaft of the queen's chamber, and you shall not age.

Q: You can't do that... they are only about 22 cm square. And, the queen's chamber air shaft does not even open to the outside. And, up in this shaft, they have discovered a little door which has not, to my knowledge, been opened yet. Nevertheless, one could not stand in these shafts.

A: Why not?

Q: Because they are only 22 cm square!

A: You are allowing third density supposition to creep in.

Q: Why were they oriented to Orion and Sirius?

A: What do you think?

Q: I don't know! I don't think stellar radiation could have anything to do with it. And, the authors of this book think that it is a time marker. It shows the exact orientation at about 2400 B.C. and then at about 10,400 B.C.... What is the significance of this?

A: Discover.
Next is the context from this session for: Sirius was regarded highly in your "past."
Session 4 October 1997
Q: I also noticed that the word 'Osiris' could also be slightly modified to say 'of Sirius.' Comment, please.

Q: What was the foundation of this regard for Sirius?

A: "From whence cometh, is seen that which knows no limitation."

Q: Could you elaborate on that?

A: Could, but will not.

Q: Why?

A: Because you can!
Sirius is indeed a supernova candidate
Session 5 August 2000
I would like to know: what is the possibility for Sirius to go supernova?

A: Sirius is indeed a supernova candidate.

Q: Well, it's about 8 light years away. I don't think the human race would survive that one!

A: In the words of a wise philosopher: you would fry!

Q: (A) That's a wise philosopher. (L) What is the likelihood of Sirius doing the supernova number in the next hundred years or so?

A: Not good.

Q: So, we can forget that one for now.

More about the rose in Rosicrucian
It began with a passage concerning with the Rosicrucians and their origin, but the Rosicrucians, soon became less important than the meanings of the rose and the cross.
Since the last post, I learned that the rose as a symbol also is related to secrecy, as in sub rosa. Excerpt from the Wiki about Harpocrates:
Harpocrates (Ancient Greek: Ἁρποκράτης, Phoenician: 𐤇𐤓𐤐𐤊𐤓𐤈,[1] romanized: ḥrpkrṭ, Coptic: ϩⲁⲣⲡⲟⲕⲣⲁⲧⲏⲥ harpokrates) was the god of silence, secrets and confidentiality in the Hellenistic religion developed in Ptolemaic Alexandria (and also an embodiment of hope, according to Plutarch). Harpocrates was adapted by the Greeks from the Egyptian child god Horus, who represented the newborn sun, rising each day at dawn. Harpocrates's name was a Hellenization of the Egyptian Har-pa-khered or Heru-pa-khered, meaning "Horus the Child". Horus is represented as a naked boy with his finger to his mouth, a realisation of the hieroglyph for "child" (𓀔). Misunderstanding this gesture, the later Greeks and Roman poets made Harpocrates the god of silence and secrecy.[2]
[...]
Aphrodite gave a rose to her son Eros, the god of love; he, in turn, gave it to Harpocrates to ensure that his mother's indiscretions (or those of the gods in general, in other accounts) were kept under wraps. This gave roses the connotation of secrecy (a rose suspended from the ceiling of a council chamber pledged all present – sub rosa "under the rose"), which continued through the Middle Ages and through the modern era.
[...]
Similarly, roses may be placed over confessionals to symbolize confidentiality.[10]
The symbol of the rose in the name Rosicrucians, may therefore lend to the society an aspect of secrecy.

Thoughts about the star Sirius around the world in former times and among older cultures

Being curious about the topic of Sirius, I watched a snip of a video in Russian::
Sirius and the constellation Orion | Communication with our solar system which has this section,
00:06:13 Mentions of the star Sirius in different cultures.
The problem was that there were few sources.
Below I have listed the different groups and areas. Originally, Itried to use more spoilers to hide the details, but the problem was that if combined with quotes, the text sometimess did not show up as intended. To make up, I have indented the details.

Maori people of New Zealand

According to what I could get from the video, that when they saw Sirius they saw the wisest being in the universe living in the tenth's heaven. I did not succeed verifying it.

Indigenous Australians

In the video, they say that some call Sirius heavenly joy, and the eagle. The attempts to verify revealed that different groups have different stories to tell, here are two sources:
Details:
Publié: 14 janvier 2018, 20:02 CET​
[....]​
Ginan (Epsilon Crucis)​
Ginan is the fifth-brightest star in the Southern Cross. It represents a red dilly-bag filled with special songs of knowledge.​
Ginan was found by Mulugurnden (the crayfish), who brought the red flying foxes from the underworld to the sky. The bats flew up the track of the Milky Way and traded the spiritual song to Guyaru, the Night Owl (the star Sirius). The bats fly through the constellation Scorpius on their way to the Southern Cross, trading songs as they go.​
The song informs the people about initiation, which is managed by the stars in Scorpius and related to Larawag (who ensures the appropriate personnel are present for the final stages of the ceremony).​
Excerpts from Night Skies of Aboriginal Australia A Noctuary Dianne Johnson
”An interesting variant of the myth of the Pleiades as women pursued by a man or men is the narrative told by the Pirt kopan noot people of Western Victoria. According to this account, the Pleiades are the six attendants of a ‘Queen’ called Gneeanggar who is a wedge-tailed eagle represented by the star Sirius (Alpha Canis Majorus). Canopus (Alpha Carinae) is a crow called Waa, who fell in love with the majestic woman. She refused his advances. Waa did not give up. Hearing that the woman and her attendants were going in search of white grubs, Waa turned himself into a grub and hid in the stem of a tree. As the attendants thrust their hooks into the hole bored by Waa into the stem, Waa broke the hook-points. Ten the woman thrust a bone hook into the hole and Waa allowed himself to be drawn out and assumed the form of a giant. He then ran of with her.43” - page 84​
43 Dawson 1981:100. His use of the word ‘Queen’ is inappropriate in this particular context.​
"Among western Victorian groups, the stars and other celestial objects are all assigned a gender. Many of them are also married or related to one another. Sirius (Alpha Canis Majoris), for example, is the brother of the three stars in Orion’s Belt (Delta, Epsilon and Zeta Orionis) who are related as sisters: he always follows them.31" - page 113​
"Altair (Alpha Aquilae), the Northern Crown (Corona Borealis), Sirius (Alpha Canis Majoris) and Rigel (Beta Orionis)​
Altair is Totyarquil, a hunter, the Northern Cross is his boomerang. Sirius and Rigel are the male and female eagle pair (respectively), known as Warepil.​
Association: Origin of Murray River​
Aboriginal group or place: Boorong Wotjobaluk, Vic.​
Source: MacPherson 1881:74–75, 78; Massola 1968:24– 27, 110–11" - page 162​

The Ainu people native to Hokkaido, Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands

The video claims the Ainu recognized Sirius as a binary star and believed their ancestors came from there, I could not find sources about what they thought of Sirius.

Mongolia:​

The video refers to a myths about Geser and Mergen. I could not find out why it related to Sirius.
Details
From the Wiki for Turkic mythology:​
Mergen is the son of Kayra and the brother of Ülgen. He represents the mind and intelligence. He sits on the seventh floor of the sky, and is considered omniscient.​
From another Wiki:​
Zasa Mergen Baatar, in Buryat mythology, is the tornado-god riding a brown hawk-horse.[1]
Han Hormasta's eldest son Zasa Mergen Baatar married[2] Sesegen Nogoon the daughter of Segeen Sebdeg. He obtained her as his bride by successfully wrestling (and thereby transforming into the three Sharaidai khan-s) the three sons of Atai Ulaan : Sagaan Hasar Buhe, Shara Hasar Buhe, and Hara Hasar Buhe.[3]
See also this Russian page about old Siberian gods, with quite a lot of information, but notthing related to Orion or Sirius.​
Regarding the story of King Geser:​

In the next source regarding the beliefs of Turkic and Mongolian people, the author speaks of a cult of Orion, and the celebration of Novruz:
Details
At the end of March, the constellation Orion disappears behind the western horizon after sunset and the stars are not visible to the eye for about three months. Probably, this is its connection with the celebration of Novruz.
The roots of the Umai cult are hidden in the oldest Eurasian myth about The Heavenly Hunter and the Maralukh. The Turkic and Mongolian peoples the myth of the "three marals" has been preserved in Southern Siberia and Central Asia (maralukhakh)" — "Uch-muigak", which correspond to three stars Orion belts. In the heroic epic of Altai "Maadai-Kara" Kogulday chases three maralukhs and then, having flown to the sky, turns together with them in the constellation Yuch-Myygak (Orion). In myths, the main role is assigned to the Deer or Doe, which, like the bull, personified the sun. The deer was a common Turkic totem, which generally had a common symbolic meaning for all ancient peoples. This symbol of the sun can be found in all the expanses of the Great Steppe.​
As the ideological basis of the lunar-solar calendar, the Buryats have a universal one for the cattle-breeding peoples of the Central Asia and Siberia the plot of the cosmogonic myth of the three marals (three stars of the Orion constellation belt) and the celestial arrow (Sirius), where the main idea is that "the idea of stealing the Sun and its return, characteristic of archaic calendar myths of hunters, is replaced by the idea of the creation of the Sun during the night and its birth at dawn." The connection of the goddess Umai with the sun is also noted by N.B. Dashieva "as an early ideological layer", where the sun appears in the female hypostasis among the peoples of Siberia: Umai-ene, Pai-ana, Mai-ene, Mailgan ("creating May" — three stars of Orion, whose appearance in the pre-morning sky anticipated the sunrise), emphasizing the solar nature of the goddess, marked horned ungulates (maralukhs), draws attention to the "stick" with a fork as its attribute [14, p.111]. Thus, it can be assumed that traces of the cult of Orion can be found on the territory of ancient Azerbaijan and trace the ancient mythological origins of the Turkic community. The logic of the archetypal hidden from us in the thinking of our ancestors was most clearly manifested in decorative art, architecture and mythology, which preserved an ancient layer interconnected with many phenomena of cultural life. - page 316​

On page 206 one finds comments on the myth of the Bulgars and an interpretation of Orion and the Canis Major, where one finds Sirius. The Bulgars were a Turkic nomadic people from the Eurasian steps from which Bulgaria takes its name. They have this image which is supposed to show a dog, a rider and a lion.​
1684522338519.png

Lake Shira, Republic of Khakassia, Russia

From the video:: "in the area of Lake Shira was found 10.26 the Shirin plate on which scalar signs depict the arrival on earth of 10.31 representatives from the sirius”. Possibly, the claims is based on statements of one scientist, Professor Gennady Kovalenko, that speaks of an advanced civilization on Earth some 20,000 years ago, and talks about Syrians, that had a factory and produced nuclear bombs and spaceships.

Details about the origin of the claim:
Perhaps they got the idea from this blog:​
The huge megalithic plates lining the southwestern shore of Lake Shira are not only overlooked by academic science, but also by many enthusiastic researchers who care about the true history of the earth.​

Lake Shira is the most remarkable and unusual body of water in Northern Khakassia. The lake is located in a shallow intermountain depression in the Severo-Minusinskaya basin, 340 km southwest of Krasnoyarsk.​
The lake covers an area of 35 km2. The length of the lake from northwest to southeast is 9.5 km, the maximum width is 5.3 km, and the maximum depth is 24 m.​
The link above, Lake Shira, leads to Mysterious plates of Lake Shira which has a video from an expedition. Below the video, there is:​
The purpose of this film is to tell people about one of the artifacts of the Republic of Khakassia. Huge megalithic slabs lining the southwestern shore of Lake Shira, in my opinion, are carelessly deprived of the attention not only of academic science, but also of many enthusiastic researchers who are not indifferent to the true history of the earth.​
The only one who was seriously interested in these plates, except for us, of course, was Professor Gennady Kovalenko. Television even filmed a report on his expeditions and I am posting a link so that everyone can familiarize themselves with the conclusions that Professor Kovalenko came to.​
MYSTERIES OF THE SIBERIAN... - link to the video about the expeditions of G. Kovalenko.​
We were also interested in disseminating information about the ancient site. Record a video and bring it to the viewer's judgment, so that each of you can see for yourself in their uniqueness.​
Well, whoever wants to personally go and walk on the plates, I enclose the exact coordinates of the place:​
54.485387, 90.207063​
Get to the recreation center 'Wanderer's Halt' and there you will be explained everything.​
The above link, MYSTERIES OF THE SIBERIAN LAKE SHIRA, is a short 7 minute report uploaded in 2017-2018, but the recordings from the lake are older. In the video, the researcher says that they have found unusual materials at the lake and attributes which is what we might call Atlantean. The autotranslator works okay.​
[Ширинские плиты (загадочные плиты оз. Шира) Хакасия 2021 г.] 27 minute video report with some information, and images from a holiday trip. This is does not add particularly much but some of the photos are good quality, so that is a plus. While the plates are a wonder though the style resembles others found around the globe. These are shown at the end of the video, see also this blog in Russian:​

Göbekli Tepi in the Southeastern Anatolia Region of Turkey

The video has images from the site. From the Wiki, there is this screenshot:
1684571321879.png
Trying to verify the claims about Sirius made in the presentation, this paper turned up:
Sirius and the project of the megalithic enclosures at Gobekli Tepe
Magli, G. Sirius and the project of the megalithic enclosures at Gobekli Tepe. Nexus Netw J 18, 337–346 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00004-015-0277-1
Abstract
The megalithic enclosures of Gobekli Tepe (Urfa, Turkey) are the most ancient stonebuilt sacred structures known so far, dating back to the 10th millennium BC. The possible presence of astronomical targets for these structures is analysed, and it turns out that they may have been oriented—or even originally constructed—to celebrate and successively follow the appearance of a new, extremely brilliant star in the southern skies: Sirius.
See also this article in Russian from Komsomolskaya Pravda:
The gods flew from Sirius to Earth three times
Two ancient civilizations and an African tribe were mysteriously linked to the brightest star
Svetlana KUZINA
TURKISH TEMPLE BUILT IN HONOR OF 'GODS FROM A DOG STAR'

In the south of Turkey, the oldest temple in the world, Göbekli Tepe, was discovered. Archaeologists suggest that it was built to worship the star Sirius.
From SOTT.net Gobekli Tepe was no laughing matter and Debunking pseudoscience on Gobekli Tepe

Mesopotamia

The Wiki about Mesopotamia says:
Mesopotamia[a] is a historical region of Western Asia situated within the Tigris–Euphrates river system, in the northern part of the Fertile Crescent. Today, Mesopotamia occupies modern Iraq.[2][3] In the broader sense, the historical region included present-day Iraq and parts of present-day Iran, Kuwait, Syria and Turkey.[4][5]
The video claims that Ninurta, a Mesopotamian god, relates to Sirius, as if it was the only option, but the Wiki argues there are different interpretations and associations:
Details
Astronomers of the eighth and seventh centuries BC identified Ninurta (or Pabilsaĝ) with the constellation Sagittarius.[10] Alternatively, others identified him with the star Sirius,[10] which was known in Akkadian as šukūdu, meaning "arrow".[10] The constellation of Canis Major, of which Sirius is the most visible star, was known as qaštu, meaning "bow", after the bow and arrow Ninurta was believed to carry.[10] In the MUL.APIN Ninurta is consistently identified with Mercury,[11][12][13] as it is read: "Mercury whose name is Ninurta travels the (same) path the Moon travels." In Babylonian times, Ninurta was also associated with the planet Saturn,[14] and Mercury later became associated with Nabu.​

Iraq

The video presents an aspect of the goddess Ishtar, commonly associated with Venus, was connected to Sirius. Well, in The Ancient Theory of Correspondences and a clay planisphere in the British Museum, (2008), Asia Shepsut writes: ”We should not forget, however, that Ishtar in many contexts also refers to Sirius” page 32 of 84. In a previous post, I noted that among the Behenian fixed stars, Sirius was the only one to be associated with just one planet, and it was Venus. Therefore the claim of the video should be alright.

Sirius in the Quran
The video quotes a well known verse from the Quran (53,49), The Wiki explains:
Sirius is mentioned in Surah, An-Najm ("The Star"), of the Qur'an, where it is given the name الشِّعْرَى (transliteration: aš-ši'rā or ash-shira; the leader).[127] The verse is: "وأنَّهُ هُوَ رَبُّ الشِّعْرَى", "That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star)." (An-Najm:49)[128] Ibn Kathir said in his commentary "that it is the bright star, named Mirzam Al-Jawza' (Sirius), which a group of Arabs used to worship".[129] The alternate name Aschere, used by Johann Bayer, is derived from this.[19]
The above indicates that there was a need to mentions Sirius, in other words, it had some people who connected to it in their lives and prayers.

Egypt in North Africa

Egypt was mentioned in a previous post also. In the video, they bring up that the architectural features of some pyramids and temples show alignment with Sirius at important times of the day or their year, and that the ancient Egyptians thought the souls of the dead went to Sirius. See the Wiki for more.
And this SOTT article: The world's first astronomical site was built in Africa and is older than Stonehenge
And this illustration from Russian Komsomolskaya pravda with Sirius to the left:
1684577931315.png

The Dogon people of Mali in West Africa

In the video, it is claimed that this people had knowledge about the Sirius system containing more than one star. This subject is being discussed in the Wiki, as the sceptics assert that they had this knowledge from a few French visiting missionaries and researchers, but then what about the Nommo beings, as extraterrestrial teachers that came thousands of years ago? The missionaries would not have taught that back in 1930-1950. And how would the idea of a quick French science lesson work when the traditional tribe for hundreds of years resisted Islamic colonizations at great cost to themselves? There are many unanswered questions.
See: The mystery of the Dogon tribe's advanced astronomical knowledge
Details
The Wiki has:​
The Dogon people with whom French anthropologists Griaule and Germaine Dieterlen worked during the 1930s and 1940s had a system of signs which ran into the thousands, including "their own systems of astronomy and calendrical measurements, methods of calculation and extensive anatomical and physiological knowledge, as well as a systematic pharmacopoeia".[20] The religion embraced many aspects of nature which are found in other traditional African religions.​
The key spiritual figures in the religion were the Nummo/Nommo twins. According to Ogotemmêli's description of them, the Nummo, whom he also referred to as "Water", had green skin covered in green hair, and were formed like humans from the loins up, but serpent-like below. Their eyes were red, their tongues forked, and their arms flexible and unjointed.[21]
Anomalien.com has in the article further explains:​
JAKE CARTER 10/21/2019​
[...]​
The astronomical knowledge of the Dogon tribe was considered to be so advanced and so precise that a significant amount of controversy began to arise regarding its origins. According to Dogon legend, their ancestors received this knowledge from the Nommos, a race of extraterrestrial beings that visited the Earth thousands of years ago.
Dogon myths describe the Nommos as being amphibious, fish-like humanoids that arrived on Earth in a rotating “ark” accompanied by fire and thunder. The Nommos supposedly established a large water reservoir on the Earth and then inhabited the water.​
The word Nommos is actually derived from a Dogon word that means “to make one drink” or “to cause to drink.” Dogon legend also refers to the Nommos as “The Monitors”, “The Teachers”, and “The Masters of the Water”. Interestingly enough, several variations of this archetype of amphibious extraterrestrial beings have also been found in ancient Acadian, Sumerian and Babylonian myths.​
The Nommos, according to the oral tradition of the Dogon, were visitors from a planet in the Sirius system, and were considered to be spiritual guardians and saviors, ultimately sent to Earth for the benefit of mankind.

Metsamor, in Armenia, Caucasus region
There are pictures from a site in Armenia that is said to have been part of a complex where they observed Sirius.
Details
The possibility that Sirius was observed from Metsamor is discussed in:​
Abstract. The most famous and investigated site for observing stars in the Armenian Highlands III-I millennium BC is an archaeological site of Metsamor. This archaeological complex is located in the Ararat Valley, 35 km south-west of Yerevan, near the village of Taronik, on the banks of the river of the same name.​
The astronomical complex was located about 200 m west of the main Metsamor hill. The very first study of these pumice rocks (frozen lava foam) in 1966 showed that this is a complex of structures, that have played the role of observation sites since ancient times. According to astrophysicist, academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia E. Parsamyan, in all likelihood, the ancient inhabitants of Metsamor watched Sirius. Basing on calculations of spherical astronomy, she calculated, that in Metsamor in XXVIII—XXVI cc. BC. Sirius could be observed early in the morning on the day of the solstice in the rays of the rising sun. It is possible, that the inhabitants of Metsamor of the early Bronze Age, like ancient Egyptians, could associate the first appearance of Sirius with the beginning of the New Year.
If these assumptions are true, astronomical sites of Metsamor indicate, that the ancient inhabitants of the Armenian Highlands were quite familiar with the starry sky and could use the periodic appearance of the stars to determine time, conduct certain rituals and begin agricultural work.​
Source:​
Piliposyan A., Gevorgyan L. Astronomic site of the archaeological monument Metsamor and problems of its interpretation. Heritage and Modern Times. 2020:3(1)^3-83​
Sirius and the observatory at Metsamor is also brought up in part one of this interview with Elma Parsamian and Paris Herouni: Karahundj, Armenia's Stonehenge
Next, bordering Armenia is Azerbaijan, but the story is different.​

Azerbaijan in the Caucasus

The video mentions the bird or symbol Simurg and the Novruz spring festival, but these are not closely attached to Sirius from what I could gather. Novruz is celebrated from Kazakhstan to parts of Iraq.
1684507959327.png

The Laks people from the Caucasus Republic of Dagestan, of the Russian Federation

North of Azerbaijan is Dagestan, home to severall people and the Laks are just one. The video claims this group has a name for Sirius, Tturshi, that resembles that from Zoroastrianism. This is not surprising, as the people and the area, were under influence from Zoroastrian Iran and Christian Byzantium, before becoming mainly followers of Sunni Islam.
Details:
In this book, there was something about their beliefs about Sirius:​
1684525207796.png
Excerpt found here
The Laks compared the cold season to an angry, quarrelsome old woman and called her Azhuzha. "Here's Azhuzha running the show," the Laks used to say in the winter months. Different villages had their own signs of the onset of the seasons associated with the rays of the sun. Touching the sun's rays to certain places on the rocks was considered the beginning of a certain time of year.​
The stars also told the Laks when each season was coming. According to their observations, the constellation called in Russian "constellation of the Pleiades", in Lak Kiurchilu (sito), appeared in early spring, Tturshi (Sirius) appears in early August and disappears in early spring. According to his position, certain works were started in the fields.
In general, the Laks were very wary of this star. It was believed that much of nature depends on its position in the sky. The light of this star for the first three nights of its appearance was considered disastrous for all living things, especially high in the mountains.​
It was also considered harmful to humans. There was talk of people dying from contact with Tturshi-Tturshi shchunu bur. There were even curses: Tturshi shivui, Tturshi Tiailabatsiivui – " May Tturshi touch you!" "Met Tturshi!" Simultaneously with this star, the constellation Orion – Khami Tturshi appears and disappears, according to the observations of the Laks. According to the position of Khami Tturshi, the onset of spring is determined.
The Lakhs divided the day into day – kyini — and night – khyu. The day began after sunset and the appearance of the moon. This is typical for many peoples who lived according to the lunar calendar. The moon appeared – a new day began. Until now, the Lakhs, when they say Nyjmar khyu, do not mean Thursday evening, but the beginning of the night of the new day – Friday.​
If the Laks were wary of Sirius, it was probably in part because it appeared at a time of the year that was very hot. For an illustration the paper: Sirius in Ancient Greek and Roman Literature: From the Orphic Argonautics to the Astronomical Tables of Georgios Chrysococca in Journal of Astronomical History and Heritage 14(3) p 180-189 (2011) reveaks that the Greek also had a difficult time with what the sighting of Sirius could mean, but at the same time there were examples that Sirius was respected, considering that both Socrates and Plato said in arguments about truth that they would swear by it.​
The Greeks believed that the constellation CanisMinor and the Dog Star (Sirius) heralded the coming of a drought. In the words of Hyginus:​
Jupiter [Zeus], pitying their misfortune, represented their forms among the stars … The dog, however, from its own name and likeness, they have called Canicula. It is called Procyon by the Greeks, because it rises before the greater Dog. Others say these were pictured among the stars by Father Liber [Dionysus]. [The constellation] … Canicula rising with its heat, scorched the land of the Keans, and robbed their fields of produce, and caused the inhabitants, since they had welcomed the killers to be plagued by sickness, and to pay the penalty to Icarus with suffering. Their king, Aristaeus, son of Apollo and Cyrene, and father of Actaeon, asked his father by what means he could freethe state from affliction. The god bade them expiate the death of Icarus with many victims, and asked from Jovethat when Canicula rises he should send wind for fortydays to temper the heat of Canicula. This command Aristaeus carried out, and obtained from Jove [Zeus] the favour that the Etesian winds should blow …(Pseudo-Hyginus, 1960).​
It should be noted that the brightest star in the con-stellation of Canis Minor, Alpha Canis Minoris, is called Procyon (from the Greek words pro = before and kyon = dog) because it rises just before Sirius (the Great Dog).​
[....]​
According to Allen (1963: 126), even the ‘father of Medicine’, Hippocrates, writing circa 460 BC, stresssed in his Epidemics and Aphorisms the influence of Sirius on the weather and on the physical aspect of humans; the same he believed for Arcturus. Some minor doctors in antiquity were arguing that the ‘dog star’ played some role in the appearance of cases of rabies (Ideler, 1841).​
In ancient poetry Sirius is mentioned as a star with a particularly negative influence, a belief that is evident in the Homeric verse “… the most bright one, yet it bodes no good to us poor mortals.” (Homer, 1924:  XII: 25-31).​
But the qualities of Sirius are good for truth. From the same paper as above:​
Socrates appears to swear to Apollo, the Dog, in his Apology (and not to curse, as some have argued): “… and, by the Dog, oh men of Athens – for I must tell you the truth.” (Plato, 2002: 22a-22b). Similarly, Plato (Platonis opera, 1900-1907) in Gorgias swears to the god Kyna (Dog) that what he writes is true: “By the Dog, Gorgias, a lengthy conversation is needed about how these things are, so that we can analyze them in extent.” [461b].​
Comparing to the Greeks, the people of Egypt and Iran associated the appearance of Sirius more with rain.​

Zoroastrianism
This faith had a center in the area that covers Iranian but was spread elsewhere too.
The video explains that the name for Sirius was Tishtria, (Тиштрия), which they say means three stars. Zara in Zarathustra should be golden, with the whole meaning Golden Sirius. I could not confirm this, When Sirius is high in the sky it is white, when low it flickers and can appear reddish if there are a lot of aerosols in the atmosphere, as after a sand storm, during a widespread drought, after a volcanic eruption, a large cometary event, forest fires, etc.

Many trace the origin of Zarathustra differently with no connection to Sirius. The Wiki gives also: an interpretation, that has focus on "uštra":
In Avestan, Zaraθuštra is generally accepted to derive from an Old Iranian *Zaratuštra-; The element half of the name (-uštra-) is thought to be the Indo-Iranian root for "camel", with the entire name meaning "he who can manage camels".[14][a]
Details about the word derivation:
Trying an Avestan dictionary gives a few clues:​
zaranaênem [zaranaêna] 7 (A) n. golden, of gold (k203) ... zaranaêne 14 (mL, nN) zaranim [zaranya] 5 (nNA) golden, of gold; gold (k204) [... ] tishrô [thri] 7 (plA) three tishtrîm [tishtrya] 33 (A) Tishtrya, Yazad of the star Sirius [...] star, stara [-] m. star (k534) [...]​
ýazata [-] 91 (IV, duA, plNV) m. Yazad, angel; [ýaz] (impf. pret. indic. mid. 3/1) to worship,[...]ushtrahe [ushtra]6 (G) m. camel (k114)​
The Wiki for Zoroaster also has:​
If Zarantuštra is the original form, it may mean "with old/aging camels",[14] related to Avestic zarant-[13] (cf. Pashto zōṛ and Ossetian zœrond, "old"; Middle Persian zāl, "old"):[15]
  • "with angry/furious camels": from Avestan *zarant-, "angry, furious".[16]
  • "who is driving camels" or "who is fostering/cherishing camels": related to Avestan zarš-, "to drag".[17]
  • Mayrhofer (1977) proposed an etymology of "who is desiring camels" or "longing for camels" and related to Vedic Sanskrithar-, "to like", and perhaps (though ambiguous) also to Avestan zara-.[16]
  • "with yellow camels": parallel to Younger Avestanzairi-.[18]
I did find a possible source for the speculation in the video, Golden Sirius but at least these authors also write what many other say. It was a Russian book, Заратуштра, Zarathustra, part of the Great Prophet series by Elena Laskareva author of books, and Tatyana Dubrovina author of books. (Mostly romance novels!) In the book, there are quotes from the Avesta that refer to Sirius, but as you can see below there is much else.​
Many prophecies of the great religious reformer Zarathustra have come down to our days. His predictions of the coming end times and the Day of Judgment are not inferior in brightness and depth to the Apocalypse of John the Theologian. He predicted the coming of Christ, the October Revolution in Russia, the Chernobyl disaster. Who is Zarathustra and where did he appear? What is hidden behind the concept of `Zoroastrianism`? When will two more Saviors come after Christ? These and many other questions are answered by the authors of the book, sometimes offering absolutely fantastic hypotheses. The book 'Zarathustra' by Elena Laskareva, Tatyana Dubrovina was rated by the visitors of the BookGuide, and its reader rating was 6.60 out of 10.​
If the Russian video has used the above book as a source it would not surprice considering what else they have claimed and said, which goes to show what kind of video this is, which is not too reliable.

One source says: "In the Avestan pantheon the main astral divinities were the Sun, Moon, and Sirius"
Episodic Survey of the History of the Constellations Return To Section Index Page L: Iranian Constellations 22: Early constellations in Iran
[....]
Evidence for pre-Sassanian Zoroastrian astronomy/astrology is meagre, the brightest luminaries being the only ones singled out in the Avestan texts: Sun, Moon, and Sirius. In the Avestan pantheon the main astral divinities were the Sun, Moon, and Sirius (whose key role was that of liberator of the waters and who fought against the demons of draught). These were considered divine and associated with cosmic order. The other astral bodies were considered negative beings who were responsible for famine. The planets are not mentioned in the Avestan sources. Iranian religions did not have any type of professional astronomers or any form of developed astral divination. It is thought likely that some observation-based agricultural predictions existed in ancient Iran. It is thought likely that the agricultural predictions were connected with the helical rising of Sirius (Tistrya). (The Harvard Armenian scholar, James Russell, identifies the Armenian tiara star (the star depicted on the tiara of the Armenian king Tigranes II, ruled from circa 95 BCE to circa 55 BCE) as Sirius (See: Zoroastrianism in Armenia by James Russell (1987, Page 317).) In the Achaemenid period inscription (in the Old Persian language) of Antaxerxes (King of Persia from 465 BCE to 424 BCE) found at Hamadan (a city in the western part of Iran) the name of Ahura Mazda is mentioned and associated with other gods/goddesses mentioned: Mithra and Anahita. It is known that Mithra = the Sun, and Anahita = Venus. (See: Der Planet Venus im Awesta by Joannes Hertel (1936).)
See also: Sirius, the Orion belt and the Avestan Tri-star, Tištar who has some notes on what he interprets to be Sirius in the Avestan lore and shows that Sirius was honoured. I am not sure this interpreter is representative, but at least it could indicate a range.
During maiðiiö-šam “mid-summer” celebrations, circa two weeks after summer solstice, the festival of ti.štr.iiá or tristar is observed in the Avestan calendar.
Ti.štr.iiá is the brightest and most glorious of the stars in the Zoroastrian sacred lore, and is venerated as a “god being-life-force” ahü and “knower of riddles, most learned master” ratü.
The 8th Yasht (hymn, adoration) in the Avesta is devoted to tristar as a God-star and yazatá. The term yazatá denotes “pure energy, animating force, vital principle and holiness.” It is etymologically the same as Greek hagios.​
Bernhard Forssman derives ti.štr.iiá from the Indo European *tri-str-iḭo or *tri-str-iyo literally TRISTAR. By ti.štr.iiá, Sirius as the most brilliant triangle star in the Orion belt is meant.​
The epithet of ti.štr.iiá is afš.ciθra “having the brilliance of the waters/rains” (Panaino, 1990, pp. 92-93; cf. Cantera, 1997). The Persian proverb that “waters are luminosity” goes back to the Avestan Yasht devoted to ti.štr.iiá, where the falling of the rains, and flowing of waters is linked to the brilliance/radiance of the stars and constellations specifically Sirius.
Also a clear link to the astral theme of the heavenly “arrow” tigra/tigri is present in the Avestan hymn, in respect to tristar or ti.štr.iiá.​
According to Yasht 8th 6-7 and 37-38, ti.štr.iiá flies in the sky as the “arrow” tigra/tigri shot by the most valiant archer of the Aryans, the hero Ereḵša (Kellens 1977).​
The name of the most valiant Archer of the Aryans ereḵša literally means “bear,” and is a cognate of Greek árktos, Latin ursa /ursus, all coming from reconstructed Indo-European *hŕ̥ḱtós or*hréḱtes.​
The Avestan hymn to ti.štr.iiá contains two narratives, one concerning ti.štr.iiá’s fight with apaôša (drought, literally demise/loss of waters) and the latter battke with the pairikās (mischievous fairies), corresponding to shooting comets (literally worm stars) stárö kərəm.áv.​
The first narrative poem (stanzas 13-34) describes the combat of the tristar yazatá (pure energy, god-force) against apaôša (drought) for the liberation of the waters, contained in the cosmic ocean vôúrû.kaša “vast expanse of waters or wide shored sea.”​
Ti.štr.iiá assumes three diferent incarnations in the hymn, taking ten days for each; the star successively changes the form of his form into a fifteen-year-old man at the prime of his youth, a bull with golden horns, and finally a splendid white stallion/horse.​
These three transformations astronomically cover the period beginning with the heliacal rising of the star Sirius in July and lasting till the first appearance of the meteor showers between August and September (Panaino, 1995, pp. 15-24).​
In the shape of a beautiful, white stallion ti.štr.iiá attacks drought, incarnated as a black, dismal and gloomy horse, but after three days and nights, ti.štr.iiá is defeated at first, because the tristar yazatá was not sufficiently worshipped by the Aryans (see Yašt. 8.24).​
Yazatás and Immortals are in essence mainiiü “sheer will and the creative power of thoughts/consciousness.” Their powers are unleashed proportional to the amount of concentration/belief in their “mind energy.” Collective belief in and focus on their archetypal ideals releases their vital force and affect the world accordingly.​
After a fervent yasná “yearning, fervent desire” (Compare with Greek zelos,) offered by the supreme god Ahûrá Mazdá himself in favor of his star champion, ti.štr.iiá defeats the dismal drought at midday; thus the waters of the cosmic ocean are freed and can be distributed among the seven climes hapta karšvars (Yt. 8.32).​
According to the Avestan hymn, other constellations and stars also collaborate with ti.štr.iiá specially the constellation of Canis Minor.​
The second narrative poem concerns the struggle of ti.štr.iiá against pairikās (mischievous fairies,) led by duž-yáiriia “the bad/terrible year.” The “bad/horrible year” duž-yáiriia is supported by the stárö kərəm.áv “shooting comets” (literally worm stars) with the purpose of bringing chaos into the energetic radiance of the constellations and stars.
I shall conclude by adding that in the Avesta, Yašt 6 pays homage to the sun, Yašt 7 to the moon, Yašt 8 to ti.štriiá or Sirius, and Yašt 10 to miθra “Lord of the celestial lights and friendship with the Spiritual Immortals.” Also, the 13th day of each Avestan month falls under the patronage of ti.štr.iiá and therefore is considered as an auspicious, lucky day for Zoroastrians, since ti.štr.iiá or tistar is the protagonist of radiance, luminosity, waters/rain and blessings!
Finally, Indo Iranian tigra/tigri “arrow” associated with tri-star in the Avesta, has become the name for the first month of the summer in Persian tīr. The Armenian proper name Tigran/Tigranes comes from the same root. The term has also been borrowed into ‎ancient Greek tígris and Latin tigris “tiger, pointed, sharp.”​
ardeshir

Going back to this session and the statment of the C's "A: Sirius was regarded highly in your "past."", there does seem to be some cultures or groups of people where this memory has been preserved more intact. The Zoroatrians is one of them. Also interesting that some people speak of teachers coming from the stars as allegedly the Ainu people in Eastern Russia, Northern Japan and the Dogon people in Western Africa.. If they say it is from Sirius, ithe star may be a directional indicator. Just as when we come to a location from far away, we arrive through the nearest town, city, harbour or airport,

Wow, thank you Thorbion for the hard work of connecting information.!! :wow: Tremendous investigative work. The truth is that in this "simple" statement of the C's (A: Sirius was regarded highly in your "past.") there is nothing simple about it, at all. I will never look at Sirius the same way again after this. Interesting also is the research on the Rose and Cross symbol. I'll be thinking for a while pondering this. Who knows, maybe something will turn up.:wizard:

Thank you :flowers:

Bravo, good work! Now it remains to combine all these meanings and hold them in the mind at the same time, so that the truth will be revealed, which will finally take on a practical meaning rather than an abstract one. Dear thorbiorn, here is a gift for your work - the Morning Star you are waiting for will have a "rose" around the heart chakra....

Back
Top Bottom