Session 7 May 2016

Christine said:
Ant22 said:
They say "Highest quality fine silk blend" but if it was silk-rich I'm quite sure they'd want to put it on the website explicitly.

I'm always very cautious and not trusting at all when it comes to the quality of goods purchased online.

In fact, I have very negative experience when it comes to purchasing silk from a China based seller. It's quite easy to check if it's silk: these are not very expensive so just wash one of them in your washing machine in 30 degrees. If it survives, it's not silk. Silk can only be hand washed in cold water :)

I put a square of silk in the washing machine, it came out without being damaged and as it was wrinkled I ironed it without problem.
Then for me mine are not silk. :(

Edit=Quote

I wash my silk clothing in the washing machine with homemade detergent and cold water and dry them in the dryer on low. Whether hand washing only is appropriate really depends on the particular silk clothing.

The history of silk is originated from the China, and I believe they still makes good silk fabrics.
But nowadays every shady operation trying to make various fake imitations, so just have to be careful.

And I wash my silks in delicates wash cycle in front load washer which is cold water wash, I don't have any problems.

hlat said:
Christine said:
Ant22 said:
They say "Highest quality fine silk blend" but if it was silk-rich I'm quite sure they'd want to put it on the website explicitly.

I'm always very cautious and not trusting at all when it comes to the quality of goods purchased online.

In fact, I have very negative experience when it comes to purchasing silk from a China based seller. It's quite easy to check if it's silk: these are not very expensive so just wash one of them in your washing machine in 30 degrees. If it survives, it's not silk. Silk can only be hand washed in cold water :)

I put a square of silk in the washing machine, it came out without being damaged and as it was wrinkled I ironed it without problem.

Edit=Quote

I wash my silk clothing in the washing machine with homemade detergent and cold water and dry them in the dryer on low. Whether hand washing only is appropriate really depends on the particular silk clothing.

It is very good, it is what to do with silk, what I mean is that my silk squares are actually not in silk, I washed a square of silk ( ) At 30 ° and ironed at 150 ° without any problem it is a synthetic material.
There is certainly a reason that my squares of fabric that I received with my crystals are not made of silk.

The magic trick "silks" i got are actually too small, and too thin. They say they're made in China and 100% silk, but I don't really trust that.

I was looking at how to tell if silk is real. And it seems some criteria are that it is:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Soft
[*]Shiny
[*]Thin and able to compress into a small form.
[*]Sounds like "crunchy wet snow" when you rub two pieces next your ear.
[*]Gets warm when the two pieces are rubbed together.
[/list]
The black silk thermals I have that are made in China have those properties. I'm pretty sure they're from the New Zealand wintersilks site. And I have two scarves I think that were made in India with those properties as well.

It is not easy to determine is textile fabric is 100%,as said on label.These are ways to identify fibers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4tCcnA6jo and

http://www.teonline.com/knowledge-centre/fabric-identification.html

Hope it will help

Christine said:
Ant22 said:

Edit=Quote

Nah, they may actually be silk Christine. It turns out silk can be washed in the washing machine so I was wrong on this one. A lot of fabrics (not only silk) come with the 'handwash only' or 'dry-clean only' label as a means of protecting them from poor washing habits of their owners and damage, rather than an actual washing requirement. As for silk, it is usually very thin and delicate fabric so hand-washing it probably prolongs its life. Also, by adding such care instructions producers often hide the fact that the colour is very likely to bleed due to poor dying techniques. Also, not all silk is the same, some types are thicker and more durable than others and these can comfortably be machine washed.

I have office jackets that come with dry-clean only labels and I came across the above information when I was looking for info on washing requirements of different fabrics to save money on unnecessary dry-cleaning bills. I guess I was a bit suspicious of the need to dry clean a cotton and polyester blend. It turns out that only two of my jackets actually need dry-cleaning. :)

But hey, don't take my word for it, some more info can be found here or here for example ;)

agirl and 3D Student, thanks for your the tips on identifying silk!

Ant22 said:
Christine said:
Ant22 said:

Edit=Quote

Nah, they may actually be silk Christine. It turns out silk can be washed in the washing machine so I was wrong on this one. A lot of fabrics (not only silk) come with the 'handwash only' or 'dry-clean only' label as a means of protecting them from poor washing habits of their owners and damage, rather than an actual washing requirement. As for silk, it is usually very thin and delicate fabric so hand-washing it probably prolongs its life. Also, by adding such care instructions producers often hide the fact that the colour is very likely to bleed due to poor dying techniques. Also, not all silk is the same, some types are thicker and more durable than others and these can comfortably be machine washed.

I have office jackets that come with dry-clean only labels and I came across the above information when I was looking for info on washing requirements of different fabrics to save money on unnecessary dry-cleaning bills. I guess I was a bit suspicious of the need to dry clean a cotton and polyester blend. It turns out that only two of my jackets actually need dry-cleaning. :)

But hey, don't take my word for it, some more info can be found here or here for example ;)

agirl and 3D Student, thanks for your the tips on identifying silk!

Salut Ant22,
Hier j’ai lavé le carré de tissu à 60°, il est sorti en parfaite état et la trame est resté parfaite donc je peux confirmer quel n’est pas en soie.
J’ai des vêtements en soie et je ne m’aventurais pas à les passer en machine à 60°
Si vous en avez, essayez de le faire à 60°, mais je ne pense pas que vous risquerez de le faire parce que vous savez dans quels états ils vont être. ;)

Hello Ant22,
Yesterday I washed the square of fabric at 60 °, it came out in perfect condition and the frame remained perfect so I can confirm what is not in silk.
I have silk clothes and I did not venture to machine them at 60 °
If you have it, try to do it to 60 °, but I do not think that you will risk to do it because you know in which states they are going to be. ;)

Je les ai lavés à 60°, ce n'était donc pas de la soie car ils sont sortis impeccables...
Je ne m'y risquerai pas avec ceux acheter dernièrement sur Ebay France dont je vous ai donné le lien...

I washed them at 60 °, so it was not silk because they came out impeccable ...
I will not risk it with those buy recently on Ebay France which I gave you the link ...

I am curious to know the result, about risking to wash "a silk that is silk" to compare to the square of the "silk that is not silk".
After your tests of water, i passed my square of silk to the fire test, giving in this thread,
that you can find here again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4tCcnA6jo.

Well, the fire was more than 60°, almost 100° and it's still silk, what kind of silk i couldn't say, but if i DO want a better, or a lesser
free to me to have one.

Merci pour ce lien très intéressant ZAK...

Thank you for this very interesting link ZAK ...

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope I'm in the right thread.

This week I unfortunately seem to have lost my personal protection crystal. i don't think I realised quite what this little gem meant to me. It has been a source of connection, feeling connected to the group. Also I've carried it all the time when I've been working and it just used to remind me to always do my best. So even when I've been in difficult challenging situations having the stone with has given me a sense of calm.

I was working at the school the other day. It's was very hot so I was wearing a pair of shorts with shallow pockets. I remember putting the crystal in my pocket before I left the house. I think I've lost it during the shift though I can't be 100% certain. It was Monday so it's been a few days without turning up. I've tried to relax and not over react but it hasn't showed up so beginning to feel it's gone now.

It's strange as over the last 2 weeks I've been feeling a little stressed due to a certain situation reaching its end. I've been having intense dreams I've been feeling unsettled. I wonder if my awareness has been affected by this and this has caused me to lose or misplace the crystal. I suppose, although it's a bit silly I've felt a bit more vulnerable with It not been there.

Anyway I've not given up on it just yet so hopefully it will turn up somehow or somewhere when I least expect it.

Thebull said:
I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope I'm in the right thread.

This week I unfortunately seem to have lost my personal protection crystal. i don't think I realised quite what this little gem meant to me. It has been a source of connection, feeling connected to the group. Also I've carried it all the time when I've been working and it just used to remind me to always do my best. So even when I've been in difficult challenging situations having the stone with has given me a sense of calm.

I was working at the school the other day. It's was very hot so I was wearing a pair of shorts with shallow pockets. I remember putting the crystal in my pocket before I left the house. I think I've lost it during the shift though I can't be 100% certain. It was Monday so it's been a few days without turning up. I've tried to relax and not over react but it hasn't showed up so beginning to feel it's gone now.

It's strange as over the last 2 weeks I've been feeling a little stressed due to a certain situation reaching its end. I've been having intense dreams I've been feeling unsettled. I wonder if my awareness has been affected by this and this has caused me to lose or misplace the crystal. I suppose, although it's a bit silly I've felt a bit more vulnerable with It not been there.

Anyway I've not given up on it just yet so hopefully it will turn up somehow or somewhere when I least expect it.

Thebull,

I know how you feel about loosing a crystal. I lost my dream stone for a day or two. I looked and looked retracing my steps but no luck. It really does make you realize how much you value having them. I had almost given up finding the dream stone when I decided to check one more time near the bed which is where I place the stone under my pillow at night. I then was thinking this is the most likely area I could have dropped it. So I decided to look under the bed and there it was kind far back

We have two small dogs and the little boy dog is known to carry things off and hide them. Sure enough I think he had found the crystal near the bed and carried it under there.

Anyway I don't know if this will help you find your personal crystal but at least you can know I understand how you feel and hope you eventually may find your crystal.

Keep thinking and looking and good luck friend. :)

Thebull, maybe you could do dreamwork and try to remember where it was misplaced right before sleeping? Or using a pendulum to dowse for it. I had read Lethbridge's book on pendulum use this year and thought to use it for finding an AC adapter that is lost. But I didn't actually try it, so just a thought.

Comme je suis désolée pour toi Le Taureau...
Tu as toute ma compréhension car je suis très attachée à mes cristaux qui me font vibrer chaque jour, je les aime tant...
Je deviens stressée dès que je n'ai plus mon Cristal de Protection Personnelle sur moi où il se trouve généralement sauf quand je prends ma douche... Je ressens un tel manque dès que je ne l'ai plus sur moi, je deviens en panique et le replace à sa place au plus vite... Le Cristal des rêves est quelques fois déplacé sous mon oreiller mais je le retrouve assez vite... Mon Cristal de Protection de la Maison et de ceux qui y vivent est toujours placé sur ma table de nuit sauf pour les prières et chanson... Mon Cristal d'Eau de Guérison se trouve dans sa bouteille sur l'évier de ma cuisine sauf aussi pour les prières et chanson "In the Garden"... Je pratique le REIKI à distance avec mes quatre Cristaux placé sur moi sous mes mains qui vibrent ainsi que mes pieds d'ailleurs...
J'espère que vous allez vite le retrouver... Tenez nous au courant... Merci... De tout coeur avec Vous...

As I'm sorry for you The Taurus ...
You have all my understanding because I am very attached to my crystals that make me vibrate every day, I love them so much ...
I become stressed as soon as I no longer have my Personal Protective Crystal on me where it is usually except when I take my shower ... I feel such a lack as soon as I no longer have it on me, I become Panic and put it back in its place as soon as possible ... The Crystal of dreams is sometimes moved under my pillow but I find it soon enough ... My Crystal Protection of the House and those who live there is always placed on My bedside table except for the prayers and song ... My Healing Water Crystal is in his bottle on the sink of my kitchen except also for the prayers and song "In the Garden" ... I practice the REIKI at a distance with my four crystals placed on me under my hands that vibrate as well as my feet elsewhere ...
I hope you will find him soon ... Keep us informed ... Thank you ... With all your heart with You ...

Hello Thebull,

Did you find your personal crystal? I have been thinking about what to do, if incase I ever lose my personal crystal, then I think I will use my house protection crystal as combining with personal protection, so I would carry with me all the time. Because all our crystals are connected to Cs and whole members' crystals.
The house protection crystal has same property as the personal crystal has, that is protecting from negative energy and things, but one problem is, have to think about how to carry.
Other solution is, when Laura recover her health fully to make more crystals in the future, then you can make another request for your personal protection crystal.
Just some thought.

Back
Top Bottom