Show #24: Who was Jesus?

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This week, we'll be going biblical, but with a strong revisionist bent. The idea that a man named Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, performer of miracles, betrayed and crucified and declared to be the 'son of god', actually existed during the Roman Empire in the area of modern-day Palestine is the subject of long and often heated debate. Historians and archeologists are adamant that there is no historical evidence for the existence of such a person, Christians on the other hand, just know in their hearts that Jesus lived and died to take away our sins (or debts). So what's the deal?

The skinny is that, while it isn't exactly widely known (to say the least), there is evidence to suggest that the details of the life of Jesus Christ were in fact pinched from another famous J.C. of the same era. So, seriously, who was on first here?

Joining us for what may well turn out to be a rather blasphemous (to some) discussion will be the usual suspects and author and historian Laura Knight-Jadczyk.

Join us this Sunday July 14th from 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) as we attempt to upset the historical applecart and see what falls out.

Join us this Sunday July 14th from 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) as we attempt to upset the historical applecart and see what falls out.

Be prepared for a influx of nuts. :lol: ;D

The concept that the JC we know is based on Julius C? That is just so much fun I'm still getting the giggles over it. :halo:

Always been fascinated by Julius C. Now, even more so. Besides, we share the same b-day!!

Bill Hicks and George Carlin will be there in spirit.

Buddy_christ.jpg

A lot of data that is out there will probably have to be re-interpreted in this new light.
Watched the "The Gospel of Caesar" on youtube and certainly a lot of the pieces of the puzzle fell in place for me.

domi said:
A lot of data that is out there will probably have to be re-interpreted in this new light.
Watched the "The Gospel of Caesar" on youtube and certainly a lot of the pieces of the puzzle fell in place for me.

Same here. The Francesco Carotta's work on the Gospels as diegetic transposition posted in this thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31732.0.html) is very convincing, osit. Finally, we get the explanation that makes sense. This is a really interesting topic! I'm really looking forward to hear more about it.

Edit=Quote

Perceval said:
Joining us for what may well turn out to be a rather blasphemous (to some) discussion will be the usual suspects and author and historian Laura Knight-Jadczyk.

fundies will go nuts. Looking forward for it. :thup:

Really looking forward to the show! Until then, I'm reading all I can about Julius Caesar.

Ha, the usual suspects! This sounds like a brilliant one already, looking forward to it :D

Should be fun :lol: and I'm looking forward to it. I'm normally asleep when you broadcast but enjoy listening later.

Does anyone know for sure which day Julius Caesar was born? My birthday is 12th but now I've read Caesar's 13th July.

Back
Top Bottom