Show #25 - Julius Caesar: Evil Dictator or Messiah for Humanity?

Wow.. that was packed with information!
Great show - considering listening to it again, just to check what I heard, as I wasn't expecting that :lol:

In case anyone is interested, I've been capturing the chat logs of the SoTT Talk Radio broadcasts (have a partial of 7/07 - about 2/3 of it - and the full logs for 7/14 and 7/21)...may have some other ones on another computer, also, fwiw........

Thank you for another interesting show! With all this new information about the Caesar-Jesus connection, I've been wondering about how it was said that the early Christians had "vile superstitions". If I remember correctly, the previous working theory was that it had to do with the view of there being two different races: those with a soul and those without (souled vs psychopaths/OP:s).

But maybe this superstition had more to do with how the early Christians distorted the Divus Julius religion to their own purposes? Could this in any way be a correct assessment?

Aragorn said:
Thank you for another interesting show! With all this new information about the Caesar-Jesus connection, I've been wondering about how it was said that the early Christians had "vile superstitions". If I remember correctly, the previous working theory was that it had to do with the view of there being two different races: those with a soul and those without (souled vs psychopaths/OP:s).

But maybe this superstition had more to do with how the early Christians distorted the Divus Julius religion to their own purposes? Could this in any way be a correct assessment?

It could still be true, especially if the Divus Iulius cult formed in the Mysteries of Mithras and those included teachings of certain Stoics which they derived from more ancient sources, or just intuited them.

Back
Top Bottom