Show #25 - Julius Caesar: Evil Dictator or Messiah for Humanity?

I'm enjoying the talk. I agree with Laura in that, paraphrasing here: history, with respect to Caesar, has basically been the eyes of Cicero.

Another great show. Thank you.

It was interesting to learn about his early years, the environment that he grew up in, and how he maneuvered.

Grand show everyone!

The story of how he faced the evils of his day and never flinched in his own humanity in the most testing of times, is an inspiration for all. It seems he constantly put others above himself and believed in something greater for the people.

Thank you team!

I learned a lot. Awesome show. If I heard right Caesar didn't suffer from epilepsy? Was it a symptom of something else, or was it something made up in history to make him look weak? hmmm I could have heard it wrong, (my laptop audio isn't the best), ...it was one statement and the subject didn't come back up.

Outstanding Show!

Thanks Laura and crew - awesome job with such critical historical information.

Good night.

What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Can't wait for more and to delve into this subject more myself! Thank you for your time and hard work. It is much appreciated. Xandra

Really fantastic show everyone and a fascinating history of Caesar! :thup: :clap:

One thing that came to mind for me was the discussion of Brutus as a rather vile traitor and the contrast with what Gurdjieff said in Beelzebub's tales about Judas having been misrepresented in history and the alleged Gospel of Judas claiming the same (if I understand correctly). Is Gurdjieff wrong (or performing a different function than documenting history with that portion of the story) and the Gospel of Judas either misinterpreted or a forgery? Or is there more to Brutus? Or something else?

Diane said:
I learned a lot. Awesome show. If I heard right Caesar didn't suffer from epilepsy? Was it a symptom of something else, or was it something made up in history to make him look weak? hmmm I could have heard it wrong, (my laptop audio isn't the best), ...it was one statement and the subject didn't come back up.

If I recall correctly, Laura said that she thinks that he was having mini strokes and that he was aware that this was happening to him--I think this was covered on the previous show, rather than this one (I could be wrong, though).

Foxx said:
Really fantastic show everyone and a fascinating history of Caesar! :thup: :clap:

One thing that came to mind for me was the discussion of Brutus as a rather vile traitor and the contrast with what Gurdjieff said in Beelzebub's tales about Judas having been misrepresented in history and the alleged Gospel of Judas claiming the same (if I understand correctly). Is Gurdjieff wrong (or performing a different function than documenting history with that portion of the story) and the Gospel of Judas either misinterpreted or a forgery? Or is there more to Brutus? Or something else?

Can you find and cite the exact quote?

Added: In general, I would say that Gurdjieff was decidedly wrong about this as he was about some things here and there.

Back
Top Bottom