Smoking is... good?

A friend of mine from France brought a pack of smokes and there were the relative amounts of tobacco, paper and additives written on it. It was said to contain 85% tobacco, 6% paper and a whooping 9% of additives which is actually more than I could have imagined to be honest.

On another note, these smokes only contain 0.8 mg of nicotine which is quite darn low if you ask me.

JayMark said:
On another note, these smokes only contain 0.8 mg of nicotine which is quite darn low if you ask me.

Here is a story that might be useful for those of you in need of nicotine but otherwise stranded in a very fascist anti-smoking setting. Quite a few in today's world :(

The other day I did a very difficult competitive test which was sort of like a massacre to filter out thousands of people. You are not allowed to get out for the duration of the test (5 hours). It didn't help that I absolutely needed nicotine to do this test. So I went to the pharmacy and inquired about nicotine patches. The lady who attended me told me that if I don't want to quit smoking, but still needed an infusion of nicotine in a non-smoking setting, then candy was the best way to go. So I got these mint candies with 1.5 mg of nicotine and OMG was it heavenly! I tried it first at the 2nd hour of the test and the boost I got was so great, that I had a candy underneath my tongue for the rest of the duration of the test. Well considering that if smoking would be allowed, I would had smoked the entire time.

My mind felt so sharp and I felt so relaxed that I actually had a lot of fun considering the circumstances. I don't know if I made the test cut, but still... Prior to the nicotine candy I was freaking out seeing that I was not going to have time to finish the test, but I actually was the first one to finish (5 minutes ahead of the 5th hour).

Pretty bad considering that we were all doctors... There you have it, no "great" knowledge can be applied when the medicine we learn prohibits us from much needed nicotine. :rolleyes:

Usually I roll my cigarettes thinly, so I only get around 0.8 mg maximum of nicotine per cigarette. The candy was double the dose and for me it was a great difference. The only setback was that I couldn't find a candy with natural sweeteners.

Hope this trick helps someone, but what is more, hope no one will EVER find themselves in this situation.

Viva la smoking! :)

Altair said:
I have a couple of questions about smoking:

1. After having smoked a cigarette I have a feeling my lungs are dirty with tar and that I can't make a full breath for an hour. Why is it so? Is the tar in tabacco in any way detrimental to us? Should one use cigarettes with filter (Yuma, American Spirit)?

I don't know how your EE is coming along, but for me it is: When I am not doing EE regularly I get completely dizzy, when I do, no problems at all.

Manitou is the best in my opinion, but not really available outside of Germany. For the folks in the UK: My husband smokes Drum Additive Free and likes it.

M.T.

I like patches for when I can't smoke or if I want to give my lungs a rest. Once you know how much nicotine you need, you can just put them on and forget it for the rest of the day, if you want. I haven't used gum because in the U.S. they all have aspartame or other bad sweeteners in them.

For patches, though, I would advise taking them off when you go to sleep or are going to take a long nap. If you don't you might get dizzy in the middle of the night and also, you don't want your body expecting nicotine in the middle of the night.

Only problem with patches and other substitutes is the cost.

Gaby said:
JayMark said:

Here is a story that might be useful for those of you in need of nicotine but otherwise stranded in a very fascist anti-smoking setting. Quite a few in today's world :(

The other day I did a very difficult competitive test which was sort of like a massacre to filter out thousands of people. You are not allowed to get out for the duration of the test (5 hours). It didn't help that I absolutely needed nicotine to do this test. So I went to the pharmacy and inquired about nicotine patches. The lady who attended me told me that if I don't want to quit smoking, but still needed an infusion of nicotine in a non-smoking setting, then candy was the best way to go. So I got these mint candies with 1.5 mg of nicotine and OMG was it heavenly! I tried it first at the 2nd hour of the test and the boost I got was so great, that I had a candy underneath my tongue for the rest of the duration of the test. Well considering that if smoking would be allowed, I would had smoked the entire time.

My mind felt so sharp and I felt so relaxed that I actually had a lot of fun considering the circumstances. I don't know if I made the test cut, but still... Prior to the nicotine candy I was freaking out seeing that I was not going to have time to finish the test, but I actually was the first one to finish (5 minutes ahead of the 5th hour).

Pretty bad considering that we were all doctors... There you have it, no "great" knowledge can be applied when the medicine we learn prohibits us from much needed nicotine. :rolleyes:

Usually I roll my cigarettes thinly, so I only get around 0.8 mg maximum of nicotine per cigarette. The candy was double the dose and for me it was a great difference. The only setback was that I couldn't find a candy with natural sweeteners.

Hope this trick helps someone, but what is more, hope no one will EVER find themselves in this situation.

Viva la smoking! :)

Mr. Premise said:
For patches, though, I would advise taking them off when you go to sleep or are going to take a long nap. If you don't you might get dizzy in the middle of the night and also, you don't want your body expecting nicotine in the middle of the night.

Some people get nightmares as well if they leave the patch on overnight.

Odyssey said:
Mr. Premise said:

Some people get nightmares as well if they leave the patch on overnight.
I believe it. The few times I forgot to take them off the dreams were extra vivid.

OK, so I might actually look into this. I've tried smoking & I don't mind a little puff on occasion, but I really dislike the feeling of inhaling smoke. I bought Manitou organic and I roll my own using Zig-Zag hemp unbleached paper. I can only get 1/2 through before i get dizzy spells &/or I need to hit the loo (seems to get my bowels going). Also having watched my father pass on from lung cancer supposedly due to a lifetime of smoking, I know that I have a deep subconscious fear of smoking full time.

Gaby said:
Here is a story that might be useful for those of you in need of nicotine but otherwise stranded in a very fascist anti-smoking setting... So I went to the pharmacy and inquired about nicotine patches. The lady who attended me told me that if I don't want to quit smoking, but still needed an infusion of nicotine in a non-smoking setting, then candy was the best way to go. So I got these mint candies with 1.5 mg of nicotine and OMG was it heavenly! I tried it first at the 2nd hour of the test and the boost I got was so great, that I had a candy underneath my tongue for the rest of the duration of the test. Well considering that if smoking would be allowed, I would had smoked the entire time.

Worth looking into this, it's a shame the candies have got artificial sweetener though. I'll check out my local pharmacy for nicotine options & report back.

Arwenn said:
OK, so I might actually look into this. I've tried smoking & I don't mind a little puff on occasion, but I really dislike the feeling of inhaling smoke. I bought Manitou organic and I roll my own using Zig-Zag hemp unbleached paper. I can only get 1/2 through before i get dizzy spells &/or I need to hit the loo (seems to get my bowels going). Also having watched my father pass on from lung cancer supposedly due to a lifetime of smoking, I know that I have a deep subconscious fear of smoking full time.

Do you use filters? OCB sells organic hemp filters. Maybe just the tobacco is too strong.

Also as I asked before: Are you doing EE regurlarly? It really makes a difference for me in that I get so dizzy when I don't do it to the point that I am unable to smoke. I can't say why, but that's the way it is ...

M.T.

Minas Tirith said:
Arwenn said:

Do you use filters? OCB sells organic hemp filters. Maybe just the tobacco is too strong.

Also as I asked before: Are you doing EE regurlarly? It really makes a difference for me in that I get so dizzy when I don't do it to the point that I am unable to smoke. I can't say why, but that's the way it is ...

M.T.

Another thing is that the C's mentioned that smoking might not fit everyone's genetic profile.

I was a life-long anti-smoker (with capital A) partially because I thought my father died from that (he dropped dead on a mountain excursion when he was 45 - now I think that it was stress that killed him). Around 50 I gave up alcohol and took up smoking. I only needed around two weeks to overcome dizziness and feelings of nausea when I started and I was able to inhale straightaway. To me it looks like I fit the genetic profile but that circumstances prevented me from taking up smoking.

If you feel consistently ill or uncomfortable when you smoke, I am not sure if it is wise to persevere, because if you don't have the genetic profile you might not get any benefit from smoking anyway.

Now this is a bit of a "seat-of-the-pants" theory and maybe I'm wrong and smoking is universally beneficial.

Sure, there is the notion that smoking in times of epidemic viral illness could be helpful by suppressing cytokine storms, but again, this is all conjecture at this point, whether or not it really makes a difference in survival (anecdotal evidence suggests it does). So maybe non-smokers should at least have a stash of smokables ready in case an epidemic hits and for the duration of it get onto the smoking bandwagon.

Maybe others can chime in as well and say what they think.

Yeah, clearly, smoking isn't for everyone. Also, the required dose of nicotine can vary from one individual to another.

I'm one who needs quite a bit of it. I usually roll pretty thick smokes which I would say contain (very approximately) 3-5 mg of nicotine. And unless I'm restrained by my schedule, I will smoke quite often (especially when reading/studying). I don't use filters either.

All I can say is that it really feels right in every sense of the term. If only people weren't so brainwashed... *sigh*

Minas Tirith said:

M.T.

No I am not doing EE regularly as yet, & I will experiment with that when I have committed to the breathing program. It's funny, I've always been attracted to Marlborough men, by that I mean smokers, but I myself am not drawn to it. I can go for weeks before I think to try a puff again.

nicklebleu said:
Another thing is that the C's mentioned that smoking might not fit everyone's genetic profile.

I was a life-long anti-smoker (with capital A) partially because I thought my father died from that (he dropped dead on a mountain excursion when he was 45 - now I think that it was stress that killed him). Around 50 I gave up alcohol and took up smoking. I only needed around two weeks to overcome dizziness and feelings of nausea when I started and I was able to inhale straightaway. To me it looks like I fit the genetic profile but that circumstances prevented me from taking up smoking.

If you feel consistently ill or uncomfortable when you smoke, I am not sure if it is wise to persevere, because if you don't have the genetic profile you might not get any benefit from smoking anyway.

Now this is a bit of a "seat-of-the-pants" theory and maybe I'm wrong and smoking is universally beneficial.

Sure, there is the notion that smoking in times of epidemic viral illness could be helpful by suppressing cytokine storms, but again, this is all conjecture at this point, whether or not it really makes a difference in survival (anecdotal evidence suggests it does). So maybe non-smokers should at least have a stash of smokables ready in case an epidemic hits and for the duration of it get onto the smoking bandwagon.

Yes, I'm thinking I might just not fit that profile either, but I'm willing to try other forms of nicotine as an experiment. I did like smoking a Shisha when I was traveling through the Middle East, but as was discussed in earlier posts here, the tobacco is flavored and sweetened, and there's conflicting evidence of whether using a pipe and water set-up has benefits over paper and pipe.

nicklebleu said:

I was having the same thoughts yesterday evening. Here is the session in which the Cs start to talk about smoking, fwiw:

Q: Yeah! That's why you are bad to me! It could mean 5,000 things. Well, no more on this subject. Now, I have forgotten to ask this the past couple of times... I have such a screwy metabolism. Now, I know that you once told me that my thyroid had been tampered with from other densities in an effort to dissuade me or prevent me from doing my work. The result of this is that I can go for days and eat almost nothing, and still gain weight! Why?
A: Because you have changed your third density frequency.
Q: What am I supposed to do now? Just stop eating altogether?
A: Lost. Altered your chosen balancing mechanism.
Q: What altered my chosen balancing mechanism?
A: First: what is your chosen balancing mechanism?
Q: Do you mean something physical in my body?
A: Close.
Q: I don't know. Going to the gym?
A: No.
Q: Something about the way I work or function?
A: No. Something you, or one, takes into the body.
Q: Thyroid pills?
A: This substance raises hemoglobin levels.
Q: What?! I quit smoking?!
A: Yes.
Q: How can smoking be a balancing mechanism?
A: Speeds up metabolism, thus allowing greater food intake.
Q: Well, all it did for me was allow me to eat at all! I guess that now I will have to quit eating completely forever!
A: Or bring nicotine back.
Q: Well, that's not gonna happen! Isn't there something else that would work?
Q: So, you are saying that nicotine is actually good for me?
A: Yes. Without it, you will remain with weight problems, because you will not be able to lower food intake enough to
compensate. Why do you think you had the inkling to start smoking in the first place?
Q: Well, I just was going along with my friends, I thought.
Q: What other things does nicotine do?
A: Raises defenses.
Q: What kind?
A: Immunological.
Q: Anything else?
A: Excites neurotransmitters. You require less sleep.

Q: Is this true for everyone?

Q: (A) How much nicotine is necessary?
A: 100 mg per day.
Q: (A) Can it be in pill form?
A: Cigarettes infuse it to brain tissues most effectively.
Q: Well, I am certainly relieved! Now I know that I do not have a 'smoking demon' possessing me! I was really getting worried!
A: Those who fit this profile find it nearly impossible to "quit" completely.
Q: So, there are people who are actually benefited by smoking?
A: Genetics will offer proof of this.
Q: You mean that one can see changes in DNA before and after smoking?
A: Close
Q: Is this also true for F****?
Q: Why us?
A: It is simply part of your "profiles."

Q: Is that also why I have been having more stomach problems than usual?
Q: Well, I always noticed that smoking could settle my stomach. It also stimulated my bowels... (F) Yes.
A: (A) What is serious here is the number. How many milligrams... (L) How many cigarettes does the number translate into?
A: 20.
Q: Well, I never smoked that much! Only about 15...
Q: Well, I told myself 15!
A: It was not.
Q: Ark doesn't need to smoke, does he?
A: No. He does not fit the profile. He actually had to "work" to start smoking.

Q: (L) Did you? (A) Yeah, probably. (L) Well, then why did you? (A) Well, it was somewhat self-annihilating. (L) Ark is NOT happy with this explanation you guys have given.
A: Life contains unhappy explanations at 3rd density, sometimes.
Q: Well, I was really beginning to think I was possessed...

M.T.

Just to add my 2 cents from experience here,

Smoking is actually a very complex thing for me, and the amount that I want to smoke depends on all kinds of factors, and the biggest factor of all seems to be diet quality.

I initially started trying to smoke around 4 years ago, but it would constantly make me feel dizzy and sick. I remember having a small roll-up before a University lecture, and ended up skipping the lecture because I was lay on my bedroom floor with the room spinning around me.

A year later around summer 2011, after first being introduced to the C's material, I tried again, this time with even stronger American Spirit. Same result. I sort of decided that smoking wasn't for me.

A few months later, in Uni again, I started to 'borrow' cigarettes off the girls next door when they offered, and as they were quite mild I didn't get the same effect. This was when I was very slowly implementing the dietary changes, and smoking was becoming gradually more pleasing.

Eventually I started buying my own, and became a "full time smoker". So although it seems that I had to really work to start smoking, I got to a point where I really enjoyed it. A few things I noticed over this period were that mood, tiredness, level of food intake, and other external mind-altering chemicals all affected how much I wanted tobacco, and how pleasurable smoking was. In other words there is a chemical interaction between nicotine and the body, and certain chemical states of the body are receptive to this, while certain chemical states are not receptive.

For instance if I have eaten nothing but keto diet, or fasted for 4-6 hours, or taken a lot of caffeine, or am very happy about something, I can smoke a lot more. It makes me feel good and solid, helps me think, and is a very enjoyable activity.

But if I'm tired, depressed, or have eaten too many carbs (or certain foods like chocolate or too much dairy), smoking becomes a real pain and just makes me feel worse. It seems to increase inflammation in my body, gives me difficulty breathing, and provides some brain fog and nausea.

So there seems to be a lot more to nicotine than meets the eye, and it is quite mysterious and interesting IMO.

It's funny, I also have mixed responses to smoking depending on what I'm doing. I find that when I'm having deep discussions or doing intensive work that requires brain power, I feel energized and get a little boost from smoking.

If I'm just standing around not doing much of anything, I tend to feel a little tired and sleepy after smoking a cigarette.

Although I've been smoking for years, I've never had a problem stopping smoking. Sometimes I can go as long as a week before I kinda 'feel' like having one. I'm still not quite sure if I fit the profile but I don't have issues smoking as long as I'm occupied when I am lol.

fabric said:
It's funny, I also have mixed responses to smoking depending on what I'm doing. I find that when I'm having deep discussions or doing intensive work that requires brain power, I feel energized and get a little boost from smoking.

If I'm just standing around not doing much of anything, I tend to feel a little tired and sleepy after smoking a cigarette.

Although I've been smoking for years, I've never had a problem stopping smoking. Sometimes I can go as long as a week before I kinda 'feel' like having one. I'm still not quite sure if I fit the profile but I don't have issues smoking as long as I'm occupied when I am lol.

That's exactly how I feel- just dopey in general & dizzy. It's obvious that diet and breathing alters the effects of the tobacco. One small step at a time. I've made a commitment to engaging in the forum in a more meaningful way. Then comes the breathing and the broth (keto diet). Then let's see how the smoking fits in :)

Back
Top Bottom