Smoking is... good?

Psalehesost said:
For the times when one can't smoke, I still think it's the best smokeless option, but it's no longer something I use all day. (I used to use snus AND smoke throughout the day.)

That definitely sounds worth trying. The difference that I noticed with nicotine was such, that I refuse to go without it regardless of circumstances.

happyliza said:
Does anyone know why most people smoke ryo cigs with filters? I don't like using the filters as my papers are hemp and baccy is natural but the filters are anything but natural. I read above about the hemp filters but they are not readily available in some places.

The only reason I don't smoke with no filters is that the tobacco starts coming out the end and gets a bit strong on one's lips!

I was wondering if old fashioned cigarette holders would do - not the ones you get now with filters, and not the long ones in Audrey Hepburn's time. Just a plain regular cigarette holder. This way all is natural - no filters necessary. Plus it would be more economic as I would get more nicotine through so maybe could seek out a 'slim' version for thinner cigarettes.

If anyone knows of any good cigarette holders I will be able to order online. It is worth a try - if the cigarette remains inside the holder without the need for a filter.

Also I have noticed that when I am doing a lot of writing and have a ciggy in the opposite hand, I tend to get nicotine marks on my fingers which is not very lady like. Though my pumice stone sorts that out, but after a while, ie after condensed writing, the fingers can get a bit sore and sensitive fro too much scubbing.

I use filters mainly to save tobacco - here in Oz, tobacco is so expensive that to waste 1cm of tobacco in every cigarette is madness.

I have tried cigarette holders (à la Breakfast at Tiffany's), but found them to gum up with tar very quicky which considerably changes the taste. And it's quite a process to clean them up (needs white spirit).

I have never tried the rolling tips, I'll give that a tr if I can find some around the traps.

Just wanted to mention that I've used a few kinds of cigarette holders for roll-your-own cigarettes in the past when I was living in the US. I haven't used one now for around 8 to 10 years. But I used to clean it with vodka (used to buy the cheapest vodka for that and other cleaning/sanitizing purposes). Used to work just fine. Thought I'd throw that out in case someone finds it useful.

SeekinTruth said:
Just wanted to mention that I've used a few kinds of cigarette holders for roll-your-own cigarettes in the past when I was living in the US. I haven't used one now for around 8 to 10 years. But I used to clean it with vodka (used to buy the cheapest vodka for that and other cleaning/sanitizing purposes). Used to work just fine. Thought I'd throw that out in case someone finds it useful.
Yes, cheap vodka also works great for cleaning pipes.

I've given up on the smoking experiment, sadly it is just not for me :/

I was using Manitou organic tobacco and rolling my own. I'll keep it on hand, as I'm keeping a wary eye out on the Ebola situation. I may use it medicinally. The only other thing I thought I might do, is to check out the pharmacies for the nicotine lollies, as mentioned by Gaby earlier (although I'm sure they'll be packed full of aspartame :evil: ).

Arwenn said:
I've given up on the smoking experiment, sadly it is just not for me :/

I was using Manitou organic tobacco and rolling my own. I'll keep it on hand, as I'm keeping a wary eye out on the Ebola situation. I may use it medicinally. The only other thing I thought I might do, is to check out the pharmacies for the nicotine lollies, as mentioned by Gaby earlier (although I'm sure they'll be packed full of aspartame :evil: ).

Or perhaps the snus Psalehesost was posting about. I haven't made his recipe, but it looks worthy of trying. It doesn't have evil ingredients :)

I see some people using regular electrical cooking grinder for tobacco shredder which seems to be cheaper. Did any body tried?. That procedure needs some scissor cutting before grinding.

seek10 said:
I see some people using regular electrical cooking grinder for tobacco shredder which seems to be cheaper. Did any body tried?. That procedure needs some scissor cutting before grinding.

I was contemplating to use my office paper shredder – it's quite sturdy and would be able to handle any leaf with or without stem. The only worry would be gumming up the shredder, but it is easily dismantable. The cut is a bit too gross, but I plan to push it through multiple times until it has the desired size.

Hi, this is a slightly long post on my recent tobacco experience.

I recently restarted smoking again and today is day 28. I've been using American Spirit and began with small rolling papers. I was fairly apprehensive as to the effect the tobacco would have now that I'm off the SAD. As well as that, it's been 13 and a bit years since my last smoke which, at the time, was on the SAD and funnily enough my health rapidly deteriorated over those next few months. Perhaps some unconscious fear and associations lay waiting as memories of that period of my life were truly bad.

Anyhow, my first day simply overwhelmed me after the initial joy of breathing in, and not ending up in coughing fits like a newb ;) but I decided to just test it out for a while since after all, I began smoking very young (on an SAD) and now I'm on a "recovery road" to a state called healthy. After smoking just the one on that first day I proceeded to smoking two on the next, which was a substantial leap thinking about it now, and even at the time. I was looking for a general level of intolerance (going on the amount of tobacco used) over a few days and one of tolerance too. So I rolled one before work and smoked it on the way to the bus stop which was great for a minute or two. For some reason I started to do belly breathing (I have no idea why but I do tend to do this when walking or sitting - when there's isn't much to do at work, or just sitting on the bus) which made me quite dizzy. Not good. I smoked a similar amount (again with small papers) after work and minus the belly breathing. I wasn't dizzy and it was a better experience.

Day three and I was very exact and deliberate in the amount of tobacco I used and the way I rolled it. Again, one before work and one after. Incrementally better before work, more so after. I thought then, and still do, that because I decided to walk to another bus stop (the furthest away from me - approximately 25 minutes away) I evened out the length of the drags and walked slower, also not re-lighting the thing immediately after it went out. On the bus I did sleep though (it's my favourite bus as I like the peace -virtually no one on it the whole journey! - and although I sleep around 7 hours a day regularly, I still need more) and I repeated this two-a-day scenario until the tobacco ran out, which was 14 days.

Since then, my rolling is better (thankfully) and my judging of the amount used is better as well. I've changed to large rolling papers (it's just easier) as my body doesn't seem to be saying "no" anymore and it's definitely requiring more. I also realized that I should take smaller drags which helps with the taste and the eventual harshness on the throat toward the end. Last week I was at a friend's and he gave me filters for free. (I'd mentioned getting some come payday)
This coincided with the first time since I restarted that I had to buy more in a short time. That is to say, the first pouch lasted 14 days straight (rolling two a day apart from day one) the next lasted 9 - which was last Friday, and I needed more as I was, and am comfortable with smoking tobacco at my current level. So I opened this new batch and used the filter which made rolling so easy and nice and tight. I could barely believe the difference! The smoke was so smooth and there were no problems with harshness smoking it to the end. The annoying taste was... pleasant. :D

Afterward or even during that smoke I was thinking of rolling another, it was that enjoyable. There were only around 6 filters that he gave, so I've been rationing them until I get money. There's no way I'm using roaches again (well, if I must) and I have to take a real big drag to get a big "kick" (sorry, I dunno the terminology. I used slang for these things growing up but I think smokers here will get the meaning) similar to the roaches - without the harshness.

All in all it's been a great 28 days of experimenting and I feel like I'm being reacquainted with a part of me that I left behind. Thanks to all who have contributed to presenting the truth about smoking here, I doubt I would've tried to do this again with the torrent of disinformation out there.

I'm back baby! Now, let's all light up.... :cool2:

Seek10,

seek10 said:

I had been using a hand crank fine shredder I bought online from a company called Leaf Only but gradually it became difficult to turn due probably wear and gumming up so I went to a Good Will store and found a used coffee grinder for $3.97. It works fine for me. It helps to moisten the tobacco a little to avoid making powder. You just use short bursts at first and check the texture as you grind. I only do one leaf at a time and just tear the leaf into small pieces instead of using scissors after de-stemming.

Hope this helps,

goyacobol :) :cool2:

Does anyone know if American Bison Natural RYO tobacco is good enough for at least our 'entry-level' smoking/comsumption requirements of the paleo/keto/gmo-free-organic bent as the brand claims to be additive free, etc?

Any information or comments on this product is greatly appreciated :)

I've looked through a a large portion of the threads here for articles that show how good smoking is for your health, its anti-inflamatory properties, that fire fighters lungs are protected by smoking, that few smokers got the flu during the great flu epidemic during the early 1900's. that smokers lungs are healthier than nonsmokers, as attested to by physicians that have opened up the chests of people, that smoking also increases creativity, etc, etc.

If anyone can suggest sites that show statistics that favor smoking, please post.

I have a physician friend who doesn't believe this, who just parrots the government lies.

Thanks,
Samuel

Samuel said:
I've looked through a a large portion of the threads here for articles that show how good smoking is for your health, its anti-inflamatory properties, that fire fighters lungs are protected by smoking, that few smokers got the flu during the great flu epidemic during the early 1900's. that smokers lungs are healthier than nonsmokers, as attested to by physicians that have opened up the chests of people, that smoking also increases creativity, etc, etc.

If anyone can suggest sites that show statistics that favor smoking, please post.

I have a physician friend who doesn't believe this, who just parrots the government lies.

Thanks,
Samuel

A good starting point is this : _http://members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html
The Scientific Scandal of Antismoking

nicklebleu said:
Samuel said:

Thanks,
Samuel

A good starting point is this : _http://members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html
The Scientific Scandal of Antismoking

A quick glance through SOTT...
http://www.sott.net/article/232039-5-Health-Benefits-of-Smoking (note the comments, especially Niall)

http://www.sott.net/article/221013-Health-Benefits-of-Smoking-Tobacco (note the comments, beetlemaniac & Rabelais)

http://www.sott.net/article/138558-Nicotine-Benefits

Also, some of these authors (and by extension the doctors/researchers) don't seem to know the difference between commercial cigarettes and organic tobacco. Adding to that is the nonsensical Standard American Diet (SAD) which they perform tests, (as in paleo/keto diets and effects on immune, nervous systems etc) gain positive results from various plants, animals, fats and so on; and they are then "shocked." As has been discussed a great deal on the forum, if they cut the SAD the positive results would be much higher, as would detoxing heavy metals and so on, relating to tobacco (nicotine acetylcholine) too.

Ascien said:
A quick glance through SOTT...
http://www.sott.net/article/232039-5-Health-Benefits-of-Smoking (note the comments, especially Niall)

http://www.sott.net/article/221013-Health-Benefits-of-Smoking-Tobacco (note the comments, beetlemaniac & Rabelais)

http://www.sott.net/article/138558-Nicotine-Benefits

Also, some of these authors (and by extension the doctors/researchers) don't seem to know the difference between commercial cigarettes and organic tobacco. Adding to that is the nonsensical Standard American Diet (SAD) which they perform tests, (as in paleo/keto diets and effects on immune, nervous systems etc) gain positive results from various plants, animals, fats and so on; and they are then "shocked." As has been discussed a great deal on the forum, if they cut the SAD the positive results would be much higher, as would detoxing heavy metals and so on, relating to tobacco (nicotine acetylcholine) too.

Another good article:

http://www.sott.net/article/254745-Nicotine-The-Zombie-Antidote

It shows how the fear mongering of the anti-smokers is so ludicrous when other toxins all around us (and which are not being mentioned by anyone) are more abundant, more dangerous and could, actually, be causing the health problems that smoking is being blamed for.

Back
Top Bottom