Smoking is... good?

HowToBe said:
Quick question on the practical aspects of smoking. We just bought some whole leaf tobacco, de-veined it and shredded it. Now we have the veins left over. How can you use these tobacco veins/tobacco stems, whatever they're usually called. I've read about gardening uses for tobacco, but monotonic mentioned to me reading something about putting them in a pipe? He said he read it on the forum but I couldn't find it. Here's the closest I found online:

"Smoking leaf stems?" http://www.howtogrowtobacco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5158
You can grind them into a powder and add some leaf powder and make snuff or snus with the stems.

Flashgordonv said:
Nienna said:
Flashgordonv said:
Item 3 should read "The risk of developing lung cancer from asbestos exposure was significantly decreased in smokers ..."

I fixed this in your original post and left it in the above post so we can see what it was that was being corrected. :)

Many thanks. Appreciated.

Here is the study:

Attachments

• The Interaction of Asbestos and Smoking in Lung.full.pdf
    60.9 KB · Views: 6
I've recently started smoking as an experiment to test if i'm suitable for it, have been a non-smoker always, and I've experienced some interesting effects. I live in canada and, aside from buying loose lief and a pipe, the only acceptable cigarettes I was able to find were northfields(additive free) and CNT(100% organic). If I plan to continue I'm looking into using a pipe, but that'll be in a while as it's taking me quite a while to finish a pack. I'm very sensitive to inhaling anything and I usually stop after a quarter or half a cigarette due to the dizziness.

I'm still reading through this long thread, but I wanted to share my experience with tobacco. I started about a week ago and immediately felt the effects of an increase in cognition as has been shown to be an effect. To my surprise thought I've felt a change in my emotional connectivity. To be fair my emotional system has been changing quickly in the past several weeks but it seemed like right after tobacco I began to release certain emotions, anger and frustration mainly. It also seemed like I became very connected with my emotions and aside from releasing them I began to snap at certain incompetent remarks and felt like my emotions had much more "weight" to them. This may be a rebalancing of my emotions and maybe tobacco has helped quicken the process since I haven't found anything relating to the effects of tobacco on emotional level(still reading this thread), although emotions aren't given the proper focus in todays materialistic society yet.

What did occur to me is that since the physical/metal/emotional/spiritual are all connected then this could be a side effect of a change in the physical or psychical body even, not sure. Has any one else who has started smoking had any similar emotional effects occur?

As you put it, I've had some related experiences. Like you I began smoking 9 months ago to see if I was suitable. I've always wanted to smoke, it was "cool", and I tried Indian eucalyptus cigarettes bidies in my youth, but the effects were just light headedness and crappy taste in the mouth. When tobacco came into my life ^^, I recognized some patterns : the first cigarette in the morning had the kind of sorrow/covered anger charged effect, later in the day or in the evening however, the effects were more like good tinglings and states of relaxation. Now, these good or bad effects are gone and I try to smoke when I really need to because if I'm not 'open' I feel pretty stuck after smoking, like my sensations in mouth and throat were heavy and gross.

I think cigarette didn't heal any of my emotions but it had definitively put them in the front of my consciouness so it had speed up things in that way, it's just another mean to see burried stuff lurking inside :).

Thinkingfingers said:
I've recently started smoking as an experiment to test if i'm suitable for it, have been a non-smoker always, and I've experienced some interesting effects. I live in canada and, aside from buying loose lief and a pipe, the only acceptable cigarettes I was able to find were northfields(additive free) and CNT(100% organic). If I plan to continue I'm looking into using a pipe, but that'll be in a while as it's taking me quite a while to finish a pack. I'm very sensitive to inhaling anything and I usually stop after a quarter or half a cigarette due to the dizziness.

I'm still reading through this long thread, but I wanted to share my experience with tobacco. I started about a week ago and immediately felt the effects of an increase in cognition as has been shown to be an effect. To my surprise thought I've felt a change in my emotional connectivity. To be fair my emotional system has been changing quickly in the past several weeks but it seemed like right after tobacco I began to release certain emotions, anger and frustration mainly. It also seemed like I became very connected with my emotions and aside from releasing them I began to snap at certain incompetent remarks and felt like my emotions had much more "weight" to them. This may be a rebalancing of my emotions and maybe tobacco has helped quicken the process since I haven't found anything relating to the effects of tobacco on emotional level(still reading this thread), although emotions aren't given the proper focus in todays materialistic society yet.

What did occur to me is that since the physical/metal/emotional/spiritual are all connected then this could be a side effect of a change in the physical or psychical body even, not sure. Has any one else who has started smoking had any similar emotional effects occur?

I'm 63 years old and didn't start smoking until 2011. (I smoke a pipe with organic tobacco.) I've always been pretty much in touch with my emotions so smoking may not have the same effect it has on you. I've found that I quite enjoy smoking (although I can stop if needed I do find that I miss it) and it seems to have a calming effect on me as well as making me a bit more alert.

So maybe if effects different people differently.

Nico said:
As you put it, I've had some related experiences. Like you I began smoking 9 months ago to see if I was suitable. I've always wanted to smoke, it was "cool", and I tried Indian eucalyptus cigarettes bidies in my youth, but the effects were just light headedness and crappy taste in the mouth. When tobacco came into my life ^^, I recognized some patterns : the first cigarette in the morning had the kind of sorrow/covered anger charged effect, later in the day or in the evening however, the effects were more like good tinglings and states of relaxation. Now, these good or bad effects are gone and I try to smoke when I really need to because if I'm not 'open' I feel pretty stuck after smoking, like my sensations in mouth and throat were heavy and gross.

I think cigarette didn't heal any of my emotions but it had definitively put them in the front of my consciouness so it had speed up things in that way, it's just another mean to see burried stuff lurking inside :).

Yes, this is what I assume it's doing as well which is great. You feel stuck with a heavy and gross thread? what brand do you use/have you tried different brands?
I'll keep at it and I'll most likely buy a pipe and try to go the organic loose leaf as the C's have stated.

Nienna said:
I'm 63 years old and didn't start smoking until 2011. (I smoke a pipe with organic tobacco.) I've always been pretty much in touch with my emotions so smoking may not have the same effect it has on you. I've found that I quite enjoy smoking (although I can stop if needed I do find that I miss it) and it seems to have a calming effect on me as well as making me a bit more alert.

So maybe if effects different people differently.

It would make sense to affect different people based on where they are emotionally/physically/etc.

Hm, yeah, Eiriu Eolas helped me to have more insight with my breath, and the action pattern of my body during smoking is relax at the level of the abdomen and contract at the upper level, as though I was trying to block the idea of cigarette smoke causing cancer.

I take American Spirit, but I'm interesting in what you've said about pipe and tobacco leaf, could you quote the refering statement of the C's ?

Re: On smoking, cancer, nicotine and big pharma

Sure thing. The quote can be found here http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/diet.htm[/email]][email]http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/diet.htm[/email] it's a summarization of what the C's have said about diet in general and has a small part about tobacco.

laura said:
10-28-94
Q: (L) Is smoking detrimental to any of our bodies?
A: Not if mild. Not if mind is in right mode.
Q: (L) Does smoking enhance psychic abilities?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is it true that the government program to stamp out smoking is inspired by the Lizzies?
A: Yes because they know it may heighten psychic abilities.
Q: (L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to smoking?
A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect it.
Q: (L) So, it only happens if you are convinced that it can and must happen?
A: Correct.
Q: (L) Is there any particular brand of cigarettes to smoke?
A: No.

///////////
Q: What other things does nicotine do?
A: Raises immunological defences.
Q: Anything else?
A: Excites neurotransmitters. You require less sleep.
Q: Is this true for everyone?
Q: (A) How much nicotine is necessary?
A: 100 mg per day.
Q: (A) Can it be in pill form? [Ark is CLEARLY unhappy with the idea of me smoking!]
A: Cigarettes infuse it to brain tissues most effectively.
Q: Well, I am certainly relieved! Now I know that I do not have a 'smoking demon' possessing me! I was really getting worried! [While I had quit, I was constantly and incessantly plagued with the urge to smoke. I had become convinced that it was a spirit attachment or some sort of "control mechanism" that would not let me go!]
A: Those who fit this profile find it nearly impossible to "quit" completely.
Q: So, there are people who are actually benefitted by smoking?
A: Genetics will offer proof of this.
Q: You mean that one can see changes in DNA before and after smoking?
A: Close
Q: Is this also true for Frank?
Q: Why us?
A: It is simply part of your "profiles."
Q: Is that also why I have been having more stomach problems than usual? [I could barely eat anything without having an upset stomach.]
Q: Well, I always noticed that smoking could settle my stomach. It also stimulated my digestive tract... (F) Yes.
A: (A) What is serious here is the number. How many milligrams... (L) How many cigarettes does this number of 100 milligrams translate into?
A: 20.
Q: Well, I never smoked that much! Only about 15...
Q: Well, I told myself 15!
A: It was not. [They were right.]
Q: Ark doesn't need to smoke, does he?
A: No. He does not fit the profile. He actually had to "work" to start smoking.
Q: (L) Did you? (A) Yeah, probably. (L) Well, then why did you? (A) Well, it was somewhat self-annihilating. (L) Ark is NOT happy with this explanation you guys have given. [And he STILL isn't, though he tolerates my smoking, and I DO feel enormously better having resumed without carrying all the guilt that our society is attempting to impose on cigarette smoking.]
A: Life contains unhappy explanations at 3rd density, sometimes.
Q: Well, I was really beginning to think I was possessed...
Some time later, a reader wrote to me about this subject:

09-19-98
Q: Here is a note from M__. He writes: "Laura, I was very dismayed to read your post on Diet and Nutrition on the Web Page. The C's are saying that Love is enough and that sex is a pure physical craving and that orgasm energy feeds the 4th D STS buggers. Then, they go on to say that you should smoke, and consume x mg of nicotine, because you need it. Those 2 ideas seem contrary to me, since smoking is also a 'physical craving.' Yes, people gain weight after they quit smoking, but the metabolism does settle down after a year or so. Are you sure of the source of this message? Could STSers be getting through and are getting you and others to try to kill yourself slowly? Covering ones lungs with ash cannot be good for you, regardless of what the ash is made of. Even wood smoke causes breathing disorders. I felt sick when I read that part. It didn't fit into my world view of the C's." Could you comment on his remarks?
A: We did not suggest that smoking was advisable per se, the response was in regard to a personal inquiry about difficulty in achieving weight loss on the part of Laura. And, we did not say that this was a permanent solution.
Q: Well, you DID say that it enhances resistance to disease and that it did other beneficial things.
A: Yes, but, it is best accomplished with pure tobacco products, not the corrupted variety available on the mass market.

In the beginning pages of this thread (as far as I've read) users mentioned the pure tobacco the C's were refereeing to was organic loose leaf, since it's uncut and has no preservatives. American spirit is very good thought since it also doesn't have preservatives but i'm not entirely sure if it's part of the corrupted variety due to cutting and whatnot.

Yes I was aware of that, thank for the refresh :). Please feel free to give a feedback with this pure leaf experience, as I'm in France, I don't know if ordered tobacco is really legal and if the preparation of leaf is not a easy peasy thing to do. So American Spirit (and also the Fairgreen brand) is fine for me riight now but I'm interested to know much about how to become a "real natural smoker".

Good luck with the ewperiment !

Nico said:
Yes I was aware of that, thank for the refresh :). Please feel free to give a feedback with this pure leaf experience, as I'm in France, I don't know if ordered tobacco is really legal and if the preparation of leaf is not a easy peasy thing to do. So American Spirit (and also the Fairgreen brand) is fine for me riight now but I'm interested to know much about how to become a "real natural smoker".

Good luck with the ewperiment !

There is some discussion concerning the above bold part in the Organic European Tabacco thread : https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,39617.0.html

There is a good article over at SoTT today - have a look at some of the science:

The epidemic of junk science in tobacco smoking research

http://www.sott.net/article/315356-The-epidemic-of-junk-science-in-tobacco-smoking-research

I'd like to share my recent experiences with smoking. I find that I enjoy/don't enjoy smoking at different times of the day.
For example if I have a cigarette (hand rolled Pueblo) between first thing in the morning till afternoon time, it makes me feel down, anxious and tired for a few minutes. However if I smoke in the early evening through to bed time I find it relaxing and I quite enjoy it.
I'm not a "genetic smoker" and could stop if I wanted to however I prefer to stick with it for the time-being for relaxation in the evenings and it helps with my concentration when I'm doing college work.
I'm taking iodine which I'm aware from the thread has had an effect on people's compulsion to smoke so perhaps there is a connection there. When I first started just over a year ago I could smoke from morning till evening with no issues so perhaps my body just doesn't need it first thing in the morning/early afternoon.
I don't know if that is somehow linked with the eating more carbs in the evening thread and the processes that go on there:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,40637.0.html
I'm not sure but thought it was interesting to note.

lainey said:
I'd like to share my recent experiences with smoking. I find that I enjoy/don't enjoy smoking at different times of the day.
For example if I have a cigarette (hand rolled Pueblo) between first thing in the morning till afternoon time, it makes me feel down, anxious and tired for a few minutes. However if I smoke in the early evening through to bed time I find it relaxing and I quite enjoy it.

That describes my current experience as well -- smoking in the morning makes me feel worse (in the ways you describe), but I can tolerate it better as the day goes on. I think it might be due to acetylaldehyde accumulation during the night, the levels of which go down progressively during the day. Take a look at this:

http://mthfr.net/methylation-inhibited-by-candidas-toxin/2012/09/08/

What are the major symptoms of a hangover?

headache
foggy thinking
irritability and/or depression
fatigue
soreness
sensitivity

What are the major symptoms of yeast overgrowth?

headache
foggy thinking
fatigue
soreness
sensitivity

What are some major symptoms of reduced methylation?

headache
foggy thinking
fatigue
soreness
sensitivity

I have several of these symptoms when I first wake up (mornings are my worst time of the day), and they get better as the day goes on. I know I have both methylation issues and candida, so I think what might be happening is that smoking exacerbates the symptoms because it increases the amount of acetylaldehyde that happens to be cycling in my blood, just like it does any other chemical (think people who drink too much alcohol but don't actually throw up until they smoke -- smoking increases the circulation of alcohol in the bloodstream, which tips them over into alcohol poisoning). So taking for granted that you're not drinking every night before bed, one (or both) of these other factors could be behind the pattern you're describing.

Ahhh, that's very, very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Well, it's definitely not drinking before bed :lol:
I'm on the keto diet with super low carbs, I've done various candida detoxes including taking oregano oil which is super strong for the stomach, I went up to 10 drops daily with iodine in the past and I'm on my last round of DMSA, all with little to no notable side effects. Perhaps a sore head at the very beginning but nothing that would indicate a die off. It seems I'm either made of cast iron inside or it's very, very well hidden.
I would swing towards the methylation then as it's an avenue I haven't explored in depth as of yet.
To be more precise, in the morning if I smoke I immediately feel very heavy, like I need a lie down and I start getting negative thoughts, doom feelings or "the fear" that something is terribly wrong and I loose motivation to do what I was going to do. There is definitely a fogginess to it like someone has switched the "power down" button. This only lasts a short while then I'm back to normal.
I'll explore the methylation thread again and take notes and maybe test a couple of things out.
Thanks for your input!

Yes thank you Shijing, I used to have the same symptoms in the morning, now while I smoke in the morning I feel just my head veins contracting (light headaches).

I will dig the mthfr.net site, and if you have other suggestions, please share, because as I read posts of yours about methyltion in other threads I realize it's very obscure to me :).

Back
Top Bottom