Smoking is... good?

Hi Goyacobol,
I used to smoke American Spirit and was pretty comfortable with it, I used the Mascotte filters, which are bio-degradable...
Jenn posted a while back about them...

Hello I thought I would post an update for UK smokers, there is a website called the backyshop where me and keyhole get additive free (not sure if it's organic) tobacco from, we have recently bought Natural Fibre Biodegradable Unbleached filters, they were quite reasonably priced too... I assume it's slightly better than normal filters? They haven't arrived yet but If anyone is interested i'll update with a review :)

This is what the company had to say : ''The rise in popularity of Organic and unbleached cigarette papers was bound to stretch across to cigarette filters at some point and we should have known Mascotte would lead the way.
Our original though’t when offered these during a sales meeting (down the pub) was “but if they are not burning what difference does it make to the smoke …. this is surely just a gimmick??” It was quickly pointed out that as they were made from paper they were biodegradable and one of the most frowned upon aspects of smoking are the filters littering every doorway on the highstreet.
The rest of the sales pitch began with talk of the paper absorbing more impurities from the smoke and making it smoother … blah … blah … blah so the boss proceeded to make a rollie while the nice dutch lady went to get the drinks. (He is usually a gent but it was London prices and she had the Mascotte credit card)

Before she was back the rollie was lit and the boss was blown away. The difference this filter makes is astounding!
WHY THE HELL HAVE THEY BEEN MAKING THEM FROM PLASTIC FOR ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!

The smoke is somehow much smoother and cooler than traditional filters and the taste is cleaner. And the guilt is removed when stubbing out the filter as it is biodegradable!''

Well, my wife and I were both noticing, over the course of time, that our finger tips were turning yellow. So, this was when i thought we'd try whole leaf tobacco and shredding it, instead of American Spirit.
Combining that with the mascotte filters (if you haven't tried them then give them a go!) improved the quality of smoking without a shadow of doubt and no yellow tinge on the fingertips.
A tip I would recommend is when you've found the blend you like (we go for 50g of Virginia Lemon mixed with 25g Red Virginia at a time, which is pretty close to American Spirit) once the leaves are shredded, put it in a blender and whizz it up , definitely no more than 5 seconds at a time(small amounts are preferable when blending, otherwise it goes to a powder by the time it's all been blended).

Since HMRC in the UK have sabotaged purchasing whole leaf tobacco now, I'm having to get ours from Zimbabwe! :cool2: The crazy thing is, it's cheaper! even with the postage!
Anyway, hope that helps :)

Can Won said:
Hi Goyacobol,
I used to smoke American Spirit and was pretty comfortable with it, I used the Mascotte filters, which are bio-degradable...
Jenn posted a while back about them...

Hello I thought I would post an update for UK smokers, there is a website called the backyshop where me and keyhole get additive free (not sure if it's organic) tobacco from, we have recently bought Natural Fibre Biodegradable Unbleached filters, they were quite reasonably priced too... I assume it's slightly better than normal filters? They haven't arrived yet but If anyone is interested i'll update with a review :)

This is what the company had to say : ''The rise in popularity of Organic and unbleached cigarette papers was bound to stretch across to cigarette filters at some point and we should have known Mascotte would lead the way.
Our original though’t when offered these during a sales meeting (down the pub) was “but if they are not burning what difference does it make to the smoke …. this is surely just a gimmick??” It was quickly pointed out that as they were made from paper they were biodegradable and one of the most frowned upon aspects of smoking are the filters littering every doorway on the highstreet.
The rest of the sales pitch began with talk of the paper absorbing more impurities from the smoke and making it smoother … blah … blah … blah so the boss proceeded to make a rollie while the nice dutch lady went to get the drinks. (He is usually a gent but it was London prices and she had the Mascotte credit card)

Before she was back the rollie was lit and the boss was blown away. The difference this filter makes is astounding!
WHY THE HELL HAVE THEY BEEN MAKING THEM FROM PLASTIC FOR ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!

The smoke is somehow much smoother and cooler than traditional filters and the taste is cleaner. And the guilt is removed when stubbing out the filter as it is biodegradable!''

Well, my wife and I were both noticing, over the course of time, that our finger tips were turning yellow. So, this was when i thought we'd try whole leaf tobacco and shredding it, instead of American Spirit.
Combining that with the mascotte filters (if you haven't tried them then give them a go!) improved the quality of smoking without a shadow of doubt and no yellow tinge on the fingertips.
A tip I would recommend is when you've found the blend you like (we go for 50g of Virginia Lemon mixed with 25g Red Virginia at a time, which is pretty close to American Spirit) once the leaves are shredded, put it in a blender and whizz it up , definitely no more than 5 seconds at a time(small amounts are preferable when blending, otherwise it goes to a powder by the time it's all been blended).

Since HMRC in the UK have sabotaged purchasing whole leaf tobacco now, I'm having to get ours from Zimbabwe! :cool2: The crazy thing is, it's cheaper! even with the postage!
Anyway, hope that helps :)

Can Won,

Thank you for the suggestions. I had seen the organic filters before but I don't see any that come with the tubes for filling already attached. It seems the tubes with filters already attached are the regular type filters. I may have missed finding the organic tubes. Anyway I might consider going to a more basic manual way of doing the rolling for the cigarettes as I know others do it without a tube machine.

And thanks for the information on the way you are mixing the two tobaccos. I have tried mostly the Virginia burley types but have also tried some Turkish and Yedidje Oriental to smooth out the burley. Maybe if I keep looking and trying out some different products and techniques I can eventually create that "perfect" cigarette or pipe tobacco mix. I never bought the American Spirit tobacco in the loose form so maybe it tastes better than the tobacco already in the pack.

The organic filters do sound interesting if I can find the best way to use them in a tube machine that would be great.

I will tell my experience with tobacco (quiet do not bore them with particularities.) As many will know that if you take short breaks and followed produces a stimulating effect by a nicotine vacuum (I think it is saturation what happens .. But I do not know anything ... and I have not figured it out, but this is insignificant) I've been doing some pistol squad for about two months with weight (squatting to one leg) and can load 15 kilos to almost 35 in less than two months. .. which is very much in ranges of force ... what I have discovered with my experimentation is that smoking before performing the exercise x in the indicated way greatly improves the synapse of the nervous system (strength training in case some do not know Believes that more than adaptations muscular adaptations don nerve characteristics) can exert a lot more strength and pain is almost nonexistent ... really is not a small improvement like some caffeine supplement, this is much more Powerful ... if someone wants to experiment it must be done until they feel under the effect of nicotine ... but watch out for dizziness! Look for the point ... this would add more evidence to the potent improvements in the synapse of the nervous system produced by smoking.

Hi Matias Mauran ! I just read an article about Guy Drut ,the french 1975 world record winner for 110 m hurdles(13 s) .Apparently he used to smoke 15 or more cigarettes a day
https://www.si.com/vault/1976/05/24/614856/50000000-frenchmen-say-hes-the-guy

velita said:
Hi Matias Mauran ! I just read an article about Guy Drut ,the french 1975 world record winner for 110 m hurdles(13 s) .Apparently he used to smoke 15 or more cigarettes a day

Thanks velita,

That was an inspiring article. It did not say much about Drut's smoking but was really cool in describing his determination to succeed.

"Drut le magnifique" says:

"The men who fall are those who take risks," Drut says, "and I love to take risks. That's how you get to be champion. I fall on the hurdles a lot, too. I'm a good faller, now."

Anyway, it is interesting to know he was a successful athlete and smoked 15 or more cigarettes a day. I would not encourage anyone to smoke if it does not suit their genetics or their knowledge of the possible benefits.

For me it has been what I consider a beneficial activity but it certainly is up to the individual to determine and research. I quit for more than 25 years before resuming smoking again. It is not without a great deal of consternation from family, friends and the population in general.

If you do smoke I highly recommend organic tobacco. There is no security in this 3D life but you can make yourself as knowledgeable as you can. After all, "Knowledge Protects". :cool2:

goyacobol said:
velita said:

Thanks velita,

That was an inspiring article. It did not say much about Drut's smoking but was really cool in describing his determination to succeed.

"Drut le magnifique" says:

"The men who fall are those who take risks," Drut says, "and I love to take risks. That's how you get to be champion. I fall on the hurdles a lot, too. I'm a good faller, now."

Anyway, it is interesting to know he was a successful athlete and smoked 15 or more cigarettes a day. I would not encourage anyone to smoke if it does not suit their genetics or their knowledge of the possible benefits.

For me it has been what I consider a beneficial activity but it certainly is up to the individual to determine and research. I quit for more than 25 years before resuming smoking again. It is not without a great deal of consternation from family, friends and the population in general.

If you do smoke I highly recommend organic tobacco. There is no security in this 3D life but you can make yourself as knowledgeable as you can. After all, "Knowledge Protects". :cool2:

This subject of smoking athletes reminded me of people like the Montreal Canadians hockey star, Guy Lafleur and many many others. If you have never played hockey, it is a very fast moving physical game - full speed, most could not even fathom a hockey player who smoked, and yet it was the opposite.

This is actually a pretty funny article that represented sports and smoking all over North America and Europe https://www.si.com/nhl/2012/02/29/players-smokingcigarettesnhlhockey

...Many of the game's all-time greats were heavy smokers.

If you ever saw the Montreal Canadiens' Hall of Fame winger Guy Lafleur away from a rink, chances are he had a cigarette between his right thumb and forefinger.

[...]

"In the Province of Quebec, I used to go see some junior games a lot, and you couldn't see the ice. The whole rink was covered in smoke, it was amazing," says Hall of Famer Scotty Bowman, who coached the Canadiens from 1971 to 1978. "The French, they just smoked more, and when they came to Canada they took that with them. It was just the culture."

Guy Lafleur was one of the greatest players of his generation despite his pack-or-two-a-day habit, say some who played with him. Bowman says that Lafleur regularly smoked a cigarette between periods.

"He'd smoke in the (hotel) room, but always in the bathroom," says former Colorado Avalanche great Joe Sakic, who shared hotel quarters with Lafleur on the road when the two were teammates on the Quebec Nordiques during the final two seasons (1989-91) of The Flower's career. "I told him he didn't have to do that. I mean, I was in awe of him. He could have done whatever he wanted. But he always insisted."

When the influx of Russian and Eastern European players to the NHL started in earnest in the late 1980s, they brought their countries' smoking cultures with them. Many Russians, particularly, were heavy smokers. Among the heaviest was longtime defenseman Sergei Zubov, who won the Stanley Cup with the New York Rangers (1994) and Dallas Stars (1999).

What can one say, used to be no big deal and these were people at the top of their physical game.

jhonny said:
I want to share here a familiar experience:
My father in law is a smoker for 60 years or so, now is a little poor health but there is something very interesting that my mother in law says ... "He has never suffered from any disease "..." the only" bad "is that He smokes too much",I know him for 10 years or so and he really is a very healthy, plus he is a very quiet man is never seen depressed.
Doctors say he has a lung efficema due to cigarette, this sounds a bit contradictory because he has always been very healthy.

And I have a question regarding this issue of smoking:
I stopped smoking about 4 years ago and (because of all the propaganda), but now I'm back to smoking about 3 months ago and I really feel great.
I have been reading sessions with the C's about smoking, and from what I understand there is a certain amount of nicotine (or some amount of cigarettes) that can be smoked per day.
My question is whether a person smokes a lot more than that amount, may certainly have health problems?

This question is done for the example of my father in law

Thanks

I think it depends on the person. I know i was smoking 3 packs a day, and I got a chest cold, possibly related? I was still in the final throws of the chest cold when I had my lungs tested. Doctors says I have COPD, and 65% lung capacity. Since then I've cut down to about a pack a day, and my lungs feel better,(chest cold gone), easier to breathe, and my coughing is much reduced. Reading the C's they say "mild" smoking, and about the amount of nicotine you would get from a pack of smokes(100mg), whatever that is for you, for me it seems about 1 pack a day.
from 27 June 1998
A: Excites neurotransmitters. You require less sleep.
Q: Is this true for everyone?
A: No.
Q: (A) How much nicotine is necessary?
A: 100 mg per day.
Q: (A) Can it be in pill form?
A: Cigarettes infuse it to brain tissues most effectively.

all the best

Well, good reflection ... but I'm back to the load! I think that you can try to have some literality in this case ... is a little ambiguous with the matter that before the fall "we were in union with the one" And we were SAO semi-4D ... the Pleiadian perspective is very similar and says that before the fall there was a time when our DNA had 12 strands and this was about 500,000 years ago as we measured the time ... if it served Of something and ended about 300,000 ago (the Cs go further and said some 9000 years more) with the fall ... since 200,000 years is relatively little and you would have felt with what again the Cs said that when we incarnate we live for a while Like SAO before closing the circle and becoming SAS ... leaving the things easier to the lizzies like for example less danger of depolarizing when interacting with SAS.

matías maurán said:
Well, good reflection ... but I'm back to the load! I think that you can try to have some literality in this case ... is a little ambiguous with the matter that before the fall "we were in union with the one" And we were SAO semi-4D ... the Pleiadian perspective is very similar and says that before the fall there was a time when our DNA had 12 strands and this was about 500,000 years ago as we measured the time ... if it served Of something and ended about 300,000 ago (the Cs go further and said some 9000 years more) with the fall ... since 200,000 years is relatively little and you would have felt with what again the Cs said that when we incarnate we live for a while Like SAO before closing the circle and becoming SAS ... leaving the things easier to the lizzies like for example less danger of depolarizing when interacting with SAS.

matías maurán,

I am not sure which part of this thread you are linking to your thoughts. Could you clarify how you relate your thoughts above to smoking? Is it the DNA part? :/

goyacobol said:
matías maurán said:

matías maurán,

I am not sure which part of this thread you are linking to your thoughts. Could you clarify how you relate your thoughts above to smoking? Is it the DNA part? :/
Lol, forget that you read this here ... a phone and a sloppy mind are not the best partners.(death computer)

matías maurán said:
goyacobol said:
matías maurán said:

matías maurán,

Lol, forget that you read this here ... a phone and a sloppy mind are not the best partners.(death computer)

Thanks for the clarification. Using a phone to post makes it more tedious to do so I don't even attempt to do that since I have a computer. Hope you can get your computer working or replaced.

The price of cigarettes and tobacco are going up again. There's already more taxes on the product, then the calculated cost of the tobacco, itself?

De Blasio Signs Anti-Smoking Package, Raises Price of Cigarettes to Highest in Nation
http://freebeacon.com/politics/de-blasio-signs-anti-smoking-package-raises-price-cigarettes/

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio signed legislation Monday aimed to reduce smoking that raises the minimum price of cigarettes to $13.00, the highest in the United States.

De Blasio signed a seven-bill package with the stated goal of reducing the number of smokers in New York City by nearly 200,000 by the year 2020, NBC New York reported.

The bills, which will go into effect June 1, raise the current price floor of $10.50 to $13.00. The elevated price floor is projected to lead to a 6.4 percent decrease in adult cigarette smoking. The legislation will also generate a revenue of $1 million annually for public housing as a result of a 10 percent tax on the minimum price of other tobacco products.

The comprehensive package will limit the number of stores that can sell tobacco products by limiting the number of issued licenses. Each community district will be capped at 50 percent of the current number.

The legislation also requires e-cigarette retailers to obtain a license and will cap the number at half the current number of retailers in community districts.
In addition, pharmacies will not be able to sell e-cigarettes.

The current licensing fee will be raised from $110 to $200.

Residential buildings will be required to create a smoking policy and communicate the policy to residents. A failure to disclose the policy to residents could result in a $100 civil penalty.

Further guiding that policy, cigarettes and e-cigarettes will be banned from common areas in residential buildings with more than three units. The current law applies to buildings with 10 or more units.

The final bill prohibits any retail store with a pharmacy from selling tobacco products.

The comprehensive effort was introduced by five Democratic Council Members: Corey Johnson, Brad Lander, Fernando Cabrera, Ritchie Torres, and James Vacca.

Hi

I'm referring to this C´s secion:
Session 28 October 1994
Q: (L) Is smoking detrimental to any of our bodies?
A: Not if mild. Not if mind is in right mode.

Q: (L) Does smoking enhance psychic abilities?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is it true that the government program to stamp out smoking is inspired by the Lizzes?
A: Yes because they know it may heighten psychic abilities.
Q: (L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to smoking?
A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect it.
Q: (L) So, it only happens if you are convinced that it can and must happen?
A: Correct.

So; I'm a smoker, like - I just love to smoke. :cool2:
And I've been smoking for like 20 years now (I had one stop 8 years ago - it lasted +/- 1 year, and then one more stop +/- 6 years ago for a few months).
30g of tobacco for me lasts like 3-4 days, really it depends.

And so to put correct term for it - it's an addiction, right.
And if you are addicted to something then it opens the door for certain attachments.

So, my question is; how to create balance on this matter?

Sorry if this was already answered, perhaps I'm looking it all wrong here and overthinking stuff (as usual) but I'd appreciate some toughs on that one.

Tnx! :)

Mari said:
Hi

I'm referring to this C´s secion:
Session 28 October 1994
Q: (L) Is smoking detrimental to any of our bodies?

Q: (L) Does smoking enhance psychic abilities?
Q: (L) Is it true that the government program to stamp out smoking is inspired by the Lizzes?
A: Yes because they know it may heighten psychic abilities.
Q: (L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to smoking?
A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect it.
Q: (L) So, it only happens if you are convinced that it can and must happen?
A: Correct.

So; I'm a smoker, like - I just love to smoke. :cool2:
And I've been smoking for like 20 years now (I had one stop 8 years ago - it lasted +/- 1 year, and then one more stop +/- 6 years ago for a few months).
30g of tobacco for me lasts like 3-4 days, really it depends.

And so to put correct term for it - it's an addiction, right.
And if you are addicted to something then it opens the door for certain attachments.

So, my question is; how to create balance on this matter?

Sorry if this was already answered, perhaps I'm looking it all wrong here and overthinking stuff (as usual) but I'd appreciate some toughs on that one.

Mari,

I am not so sure that all addictions or addictions necessarily involve "attachment"s as in spirit/entity attachment but I think part of your answer may be in your quote.

Not if mind is in right mode.

I think that applies to all kinds of influences. FWIW :/

Well, my toughs are something like this;
A lot of people (myself included) smoke like all the time and everywhere; waiting on a bus, going somewhere, in the car, waiting to time passes, when working, when relaxing,.... So, every time you have free hands is a good time to have a smoke. There is even a saying from where I come form: "you are never alone with a cigarette".

So, maybe there should be a balance.

Meaning; one example (not a great one, but here we go) that comes to my mind is wizard Gandalf from Lord of the rings; he didn't smoke while they were on the quest - he was smoking after great battle or while brainstorming on the One ring, etc.

So, this is very different from what I wrote above.

I'm working from home and I look at myself; when I'm working on projects I'm like chain-smoker.
But, I also smoke wherever I go - waiting on a tram, in a car,...
So there is a difference between smoking "when you feel like you need one for the mind" and smoking "just because"..... :)

....just brainstorming here because we all here have got a great "licence to smoke" from C´s and other research; I was laughing A LOT when I was reading this part:
Session Date: February 13th 2011
A: Smoking tobacco is a clue and an aid.
Q: (L) A clue to the genetic profile?
Q: (Psyche) Oh, interesting. [everyone lights a cigarette and starts laughing] (Psyche) Everybody lights up! I feel like smoking! (laughter)

But as in all things, the right balance should be found, IMHO... :/

Back
Top Bottom