Smoking is... good?

I think that moment of discomfort and suffering standing out there in the hot sun was the key element that provided the last push to get it done. The tobacco had probably augmented the learning potential of the situation, not to mention that smoking tobacco, for me at least, is somewhat uncomfortable as well, especially under the heat of the sun. I had also spontaneously decided to fast the morning of that day, which increased the "voluntary suffering" factor. Well, I didn't do a complete fast, I had a butter tea with some MCT powder which was pretty darn tasty.

It reminds me of the last session and Chu's question:

(Chu) In the book Evolution 2.0, it talks about how the restructuring of DNA and recoding in order to rearrange the code and create something new happens mainly in response to heat shock, pollution, hazardous chemicals, absence of food, or presence of food that's harmful – that is, under hardship conditions and extreme conditions - and it happens all in a few hours. I was wondering if this is an explanation for why suffering is conducive to learning?

A: Yes

Q: (Chu) And is this the reason why nowadays when times are "good" as Łobaczewski defined it, for certain segments of the population, that part of humanity seems to be devolving?

A: Yes

Q: ( Artemis) People avoid suffering at all costs.

It's amazing to see this coincide with my experience. I think voluntary suffering is a very important tool for us. However, for it to be effective I need to know myself and my dose response patterns to various types of stimulus, so as to be able to modulate the required amount of suffering to achieve a desired goal or result. Steadily onward as she goes then. I love this forum :love:

Last edited:
Good job! Yes, I think it's important not to go overboard with the self-inflicted suffering (martyr syndrome), but to always push ourselves not to fall into too much comfort, especially in those areas where we are lacking. I think that the fast, even if not total, may have helped you a lot too at work. Doing it once in a while can clear up your head a lot, at least in my experience. That, combined with a small break and a smoke sounds like a good recipe for writing that annoying report.

Hi all, I found a REALLY good discussion on the SOTT Health and Wellness show. So insightful into the benefits of nicotine and smoking tobacco. I now smoke a 100% organic roll your own tobacco and I do notice a big difference between this and our standard Australian tobacco. The links to the discussions Part 1 and 2 are below.

https://media.sott.net/srn/20160408hws-the-truth-about-tobacco-and-the-benefits-of-nicotine.mp3

https://media.sott.net/srn/20160415...bacco-and-the-benefits-of-nicotine-part-2.mp3

The big squeeze on tobacco is ramping up. I've been smoking a pipe for the last 5 years. Pipe tobacco in New Zealand is prohibitively expensive ($95 for 50 grams) and the range is virtually non-existent so I have been buying from some online resellers in the UK - and buying UK tobacco produced by J F Germains who are a really old English producer. Today I went to place another order to find that the site can no longer accept overseas orders as Visa, Mastercard and PayPal are now refusing to take payments for tobacco shipped outside the UK.

It seems that a couple of UK sites have taken up the challenge and have enabled payment by international bank transfer, which adds significantly to the cost as you have to pay both your bank fee and their bank fee to get the order, but even so the cost for a 50g pack is still NZ$60, so much less than the hypothetical NZ price if I could get that brand here.

In theory the idea would be to buy in bulk to minimise the fees but I find that buying more than 100g at a time greatly increases the risk that customs will pick up the package and charge their taxes which make the transaction way too expensive. Up to this point if my shipment is intercepted I abandon it as the taxes make the cost per 50g around $130 and I won't pay that.

Bank transfer seems to be the way to go at present, but you can easily foresee the time when the banks will crack down too and that will make it nigh on impossible to source quality pipe tobacco at all.

Somebody on one of the local pipe forums suggested finding a friend in the UK and getting them to ship to me in small quantities and pay them a fee for their trouble but that seems like a hell of an imposition. I guess I will have to plug away at trying to build up a stash against the inevitable lack of access.

And all of this happening as more countries are moving to legalise weed. Such an insane world we live it

In Australia they raise the price by I think 12% yearly, so in 2020 a pack of 20 cigs will cost AUD $40.
Currently paying close to $50 for a 30g pouch of manitou. It would be nice if it was legal to grow it.

A question I receive often is: why don't the cigarette companies push the truth/research correcting some of the false information out there?
They (who?) must really want people not to smoke if they're willing to endanger such massive profits.

Reactions: Chu
:-) Got this mail today @12,

EMFs are the new smoking. Don't believe me? Remember what happened with the tobacco industry a long time ago?
Remember when doctors used to smoke with their patients around, or when they recommended smoking a cure for sore throat?
With Tobacco, there were doctors and health professionals who were ahead of the curve -- and had the courage to warn their patients before it was the popular thing to do.
You can be ahead of the curve in the same way when it comes to EMFs.
Stop being deceived by the "Tobacco Playbook".
The health of your patients might just depen
d on it. Nick Pineault

i cut out a lot about EM being carcionogenic

So i responded at 13:00with,
Hallo
Sorry Nick the hazards of smoking are not very well proven at all, wrong comparison.
The whole anti smoking thing is justa rehash of old policies:
The Nazis' Forgotten Anti-Smoking Campaign - The Atlantic
next they want you to be a racist vegetarian?
cheers, koop

@20:00 there was a new message from Nick:

EMFs are the new asbestos.
Let me explain...
In 1906, the first documented death of an asbestos worker from pulmonary failure was recorded by Dr. Montague Murray at London's Charring Cross Hospital.
The autopsy of the 33-year-old victim revealed large amounts of asbestos fibers in his lungs.
You know how this story unveiled, and it's not pretty. ///
Let me spell this out...
In 1906 -- they knew asbestos was a killer.
In 2005 -- the EU finally took action to stop the madness.
If we follow the asbestos example above, it might take until about the year 2100 before we finally update the technology and finally make EMFs perfectly safe.
But why wait around for that long?
Why repeat the same mistakes?
This is your chance to get people well, right now.
The Electrosmog Rx course --33% off.

Looks like a succes to me? But i do not think i will buy his course.

I think it depends on the person. I know i was smoking 3 packs a day, and I got a chest cold, possibly related? I was still in the final throws of the chest cold when I had my lungs tested. Doctors says I have COPD, and 65% lung capacity. Since then I've cut down to about a pack a day, and my lungs feel better,(chest cold gone), easier to breathe, and my coughing is much reduced. Reading the C's they say "mild" smoking, and about the amount of nicotine you would get from a pack of smokes(100mg), whatever that is for you, for me it seems about 1 pack a day.
from 27 June 1998
A: Excites neurotransmitters. You require less sleep.
Q: Is this true for everyone?
A: No.
Q: (A) How much nicotine is necessary?
A: 100 mg per day.
Q: (A) Can it be in pill form?
A: Cigarettes infuse it to brain tissues most effectively.

all the best

As an update, a friend sent me this link to a PDF on a COPD protocol by Stephen Harrod Buhner COPD Protocol
I will check it out, and see if I notice any effects.

I live in the Netherlands and buy my tobacco in Belgium.
It is cheaper there.
A bucket of camel of 299 grams costs 47.90 euros.
And i can smoke a month of it.

I read from people that they spend 60 $ for 50 grams, holy crap, that is expensive, I don't have the money for that.
I can be happy that I can smoke and just eat.

Hello,

I did a search in the thread and found a few mentions of the French Inhale, a.k.a. the Irish Waterfall. I would like to share that in my experience, utilizing this method changes the nature of smoking tobacco. I have gotten to the point where I purchase whole leaf tobacco (more on that below), grind it manually, and roll my own, inserting a coiled paper tip to the drawing end (even using the filter as an initial aim, whereby I hope the rolling becomes more conscious). Once prepared, utilizing this method I find I'm much more likely to measure the amount drawn in and use the musculature to release the smoke and inhale through the nose, and then breath out through the nose/mouth and expel what is not absorbed. You can meter out enough to do several(3) cycles, even. Also blowing rings on an empty hold as a challenge (into the wind; you'll likely find yourself assessing which way the wind blows) or an artform. This has proven to me to make the practice more conscious, and leaves me more energetic (as compared to regular drawing into/through the mouth) for performing whatever needs to be done. Has anyone experimented with smoking cigarettes entirely via the French Inhale/Irish Waterfall for a time? Oddest thing is, the ash on the end of the cigarette behaves differently...

To Mr. flashgordonv and any other persons having difficulty sourcing, I would recommend you investigate Shipping tobacco overseas. How to ship tobacco internationally.. The retailer (leafonly) sells whole leaf tobacco, which is not a "tobacco product", per se, but rather an agricultural product. The shipping cost (to New Zealand, for example, would be ~$70USD for a 28"x8"x8" / ~5lb. box) internationally might be a bit much(?), but the tobacco itself (the organic offerings) costs ~$23/lb. (454g; there are stems, and you'll have to process it; I'd recommend you get the manual grinder they sell or some other means for shredding. Also, terra cotta stones to hydrate the material are a good investment), and so even a modest purchase can supply a great deal of product and perhaps offset the cost of several smaller shipments. I've found it pleasant as pipe tobacco, although I'm not a connossieur of such, and I think that is often flavored in some way whereas this is plain (unless you have the wits to order some of the Perique... my goodness). I have no affiliation with the company other than being a satisfied customer.

Hope your smoking lifts you up.

I came across this video a couple of days ago. I didn't watch the vid, but read the description as it caught my eye. To sum it up: A non-profit organization, 'Truth Initiative', that "tracks the appearances of tobacco products in major media", published their findings. They said:

"Based on estimated viewership of these programs, results suggest that approximately 28 million young people were exposed to tobacco through television and streaming programs in these most popular shows alone. That exposure is a significant public health concern." :rolleyes:

Netflix responded to those findings saying "all new projects that we commission with ratings of TV-14 or below for series or PG-13 or below for films, will be smoking and e-cigarette free except for reasons of historical or factual accuracy. For new projects with higher ratings, there'll be no smoking or e-cigarettes unless it's essential to the creative vision of the artist or because it's character-defining (historically or culturally important)".

And: "Starting later this year, smoking information will be included as part of our ratings on the Netflix service so our members can make informed choices about what they watch."

Good thing some people at least disagree with the whole thing. Some good YouTube comments :cool2::

Sooo basically netdlix showed something thats factually accurate to the era and a bunch of snow flakes are complaining. Get over yourself.

Damn Snowflake Generation. Jeez! Hahahaha!

Everyone saying "It was the 80's!"... Even if it was present-day, it should be fine to show people smoking. People smoke, if you can't deal with seeing it I hope you never go out in public.

The World Bank has a little problem accounting while being disgusted by smokers:
Tobacco-related deaths are not only preventable tragedies but have an important economic cost. Worldwide, the total economic damage of smoking (including medical costs and productivity losses from death and disability) has been estimated at more than US$ 1.4 trillion per year, equivalent to 1.8 percent of the world’s annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP). :-D

Sigh: All smoking rooms in the Netherlands are now banned

The government had appealed the earlier ruling by The Hague court on the grounds that it would ban smoking rooms later in 2022, in accordance with the prevention agreement of State Secretary Paul Blokhuis (Public Health). However, with today’s Supreme Court ruling, smoking rooms will need to be demolished this very day.

The author adds:

Furthermore, the disappearance of smoking rooms may lead to new problems- which may affect local residents even more. Hundreds of people may end up smoking outside hospitality establishments, causing air pollution in the area outside the business.

Car exhaust fumes outside the business is fine, breathe that in, but not tobacco smoke! Evil!

Truth is, smoking tobacco may actually protect the lungs against real air pollution.

While going through some articles on this recent ban, I just found out that the Netherlands will host the global anti-tobacco conference next year... FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom