Smoking is... good?

Tobacco choices

wilecoyote said:
Do any of you guys know where i could get american spirit (organic form) within the UK? I'm kind of limited to what i get on the shelves. Can someone post a website or something?
google is your friend (well, kinda...) -

http://www.the-tobacconist.co.uk
http://thetobacconist.co.uk
http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk

X-Files' Cigarette Smoking Man

Interesting observations...

But don't forget, in the later seasons, the Cigarette Smoking Man was smoking through a hole on his neck!

wilecoyote said:
As expected, a big hint, a fairly large clue, hidden in plain site.
I have only followed the first series of the X-files. And I always got the impression that it was just a form of propaganda to deter people from smoking. You know, bad guy does bad things. Bad guy is yuck. Smoking is yuck. Simple programming by ways of association. But now I've read the original take on this matter by wilecoyote, I am not so sure anymore. It reminds me of what Yossarian had recently wondered about ... http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1481.msg7795#msg7795

Yossarian said:
I think there is something more to it. I believe there is some "occult" reason why pathocrats and the Illuminati seem to say what they are doing (their plans), right out in broad daylight, even though it is often veiled at the same time, in the same clever way that EsoQuest explains the value in the deception surrounding the origin of the Protocols. Nevertheless, the Protocols are the game plan. Right in our faces. Perhaps it's part of the "You gave us permission" schtick. After all, we told you, and you still acquiesced, so you gave us permission. This somehow makes the perpetrators righteous perhaps?
Much like a "We told them, but they were too stupid to see, and thus too stupid too ... " ?

Tobacco choices

Wilecoyote,

I just did a google search for American Spirits, and there are many online distributors who sell them by the carton. Buying this way also saves you some money.

Namase

In the vein of thought where the cigarette smoking man is the 'bad' guy, the rebel, maybe herein lies the message. Do exactly the opposite of what the PTB dictate. If they push the use of Monatomic Gold, don't use it, if they say don't smoke, because 'it's bad', puff a cigar.......if u catch my drift.
What makes me wonder more is the fact that they could have made the smoking character a 'rebel' a 'whistle blower' like the guy who hacked into the NSA/CIAs database (i'm not too clear). The script could have been edited to depict the smoking man as an anti-government activist, who is violently killed or suffers from lung cancer (that is if they wanted to push the no smoking agenda) but no..........he is one of the active few in the know, a 'shadow government' operative and inner circle member.
I saw "Mr Smokey" as a rather enigmatic character. He had a confidence born out the knowledge of the true nature of things within the 'government' and the known world. He was able to pull strings within the FBI, CIA, DOD etc. I think he had seen a bigger picture than even some of the men he worked for.
Honestly folks, i can't fully grasp it, but i think there's more to having the cigarette smoking man as such a controversial, hated and unique character. Maybe he represents the independent thinker in all of us. As i said before, hidden in plain sight. There is more to this than meets the eye. The X-Files just scratched the surface.

PS. about the cigarette smoking man smoking through a hole in the neck..........that was kinda inevitable in that they ppl in charge/ the editors could not just let this character live to such an old age without some side effect of smoking. He was dying of brain swelling or some brain disease due to the dna transplant he made with Moulder. Notice he wasn't dying of lung cancer.......and once again, another hint/clue. Maybe to him, smoking through the neck was a small price to pay to be an unsuitable Lizzie food candidate.....
Hmmm...

The Native Americans of both North and South America definately knew of the benefits of smoking tobacco. It is still regularly used in both ritual and recreational purposes. It is interesting too, that they gave the Europeans tobacco so that they wouldn't smell. I wonder if there is a deeper metaphysical meaning to that, in the sense that they wouldn't "smell" a certain way that the Lizzies like. Hmmm.

My father was a heavy smoker and we grew up in a misty atmosphere of cigarette smoke. My father died of heart attack not lung cancer. I tried my first cigarette out of curiosity at 8 or 9 and then at 12. Then later I began smoking regularly at the university but not as much as I do now. I have quit 3 times for 2 years in the first one, then 1,5 years and the latest being for only 3 months. I don't cough but get out of breath more easily than when I did not smoke. But I think I smoke a bit too much, about 2 packs a day. But I can't cut down, it's either no smoking or smoking for me. But during my both pregnancies I hated the smell of cigarettes so I quit. There are two cases where I witnessed closely the pregnant women who continued smoking during their pregnancies and both their children had asthma very early on. So even if you smoke you should try to be moderate, i.e. not go to extremes like me. And I have also seen lung cancer cases where neither the women who had cancer or their husbands did not smoke at all. But of course I did not do any controlled tests etc. Maybe cancer has to do with your genetic makeup that can fight cancerous cells. Maybe some people have a weaker or weakened immune system genetically as a result of mutations due to the things we eat, drink and breathe. And now all the depleted uranium etc. I don't think that even if depleted these very small particles can travel with the wind into god knows where.

sinimat said:
The Native Americans of both North and South America definately knew of the benefits of smoking tobacco. It is still regularly used in both ritual and recreational purposes. It is interesting too, that they gave the Europeans tobacco so that they wouldn't smell. I wonder if there is a deeper metaphysical meaning to that, in the sense that they wouldn't "smell" a certain way that the Lizzies like. Hmmm.
Nah, they probably gave it to them, so they wouldn't smell. I've lived among them. They smell. Especially on a hot day with no air conditioning. Oh that brings back bad memories.

Tobacco choices

Thank You sinimat.
I am a bit suspicious that the google results i get are filtered by my university server. I am sure if i do a search for american spirit at an internet cafe, i will get different results.
I did a search for american spirit tobacco on google.co.uk, but i didn't get any wholesalers.........maybe i need to do a finer search...

Cheers

Tobacco choices

wilecoyote said:
Do any of you guys know where i could get american spirit (organic form) within the UK? I'm kind of limited to what i get on the shelves. Can someone post a website or something?
If I remember correctly, I've read at the AS site a year ago that they only sell organic AS in USA only. There was a distributor of organic tobacco that ships worldwide in Netherlands. But the gov banned it and burned all the tobaccos...

But on their European site they do sell organic tobacco in Germany. http://www.americanspirit-europe.com/produkte.php?lang=en

Tobacco choices

You know it's odd that the first time I bought AS that had no preservative and additives in Canada[,] and tried it and like[d] it, the next time I went to buy it, it was banned from Canada. I was recently informed by friends that there is AS in Canada again, and so, I went to check it out. It is only the type that has no additives, but still has preservatives and it was [$]11.50 a pack, which is too expensive for me. I currently smoke Belmount Mild which has no additives, but I they are not the AS rolling tobacco that I tried out years ago, which was [a] very good blend without any of the bad stuff, [or so I think]. I searched the internet and found a store that had organic tobacco. I went there and found out that it was [a] whole clove of dried leaves used for ceremonial purposes. Well, I said to myself what the heck and bought it anyways. I crumbled the leaves and rolled the tobacco, but if you don't have a humidifier, they go bad real quick, and then there is the problem with the stems of the leaves. So I haven't bothered rolling the rest, and they are just sitting in bag for a long time now. I should probably throw them out now since it has been over a year since I've bought them! :)

Tobacco choices

Good news UK residents,
American Spirit rolling tobacco can now be purchased at most tobacconist shops! It is a bit pricey though. 7.25 to be exact.
Cheers!

Tobacco choices

Here's some sites. They don't say whether or not they ship internationally or not. Try to contact them and find out. Good luck.

http://www.rednationtobacco.com/cigarettes/American-Spirit-Organic.asp
http://www.smokes-spirits.com//StoreDetails.aspx/Cigarettes/AmericanSpiritCigarettes/opt/store/2/category/28
http://www.mycigarettes.com/cigarette_styles.asp?brandid=AMSP
http://www.cigshopper.com/results.cfm?brandid=31&dutyfree=0

Tobacco choices

Mexico City here: I dont find American Spirit anywhere. But there is Drums and others.
We have access here to a wide variety of Cuban Cigars (all the big ones. Capricho Cubano is mmm! absolutelly delicious, thick, chocolate like, full flavor, LOTS of nicotine! mmmm!), and Cuban cigarettes, like Popular, Monterrey, Romeo y Julieta, Cohiba (this all cigarettes, yes). This four labels are the ones I smoke, plus some mexican cigarettes like Delicados and Faritos, which are cheap but clean tobacco. The cuban labels are not cheap (imported), but they have a great taste and the smoke and the aroma they leave on ashtray and on the room, is of Tobacco, and they even leave traces of tobacco oil on the ashtray! -not like Marlboro, Camel et al, whose "aroma" is a dry, stinky alkitran cloud, impregnating it all.

Back
Top Bottom