Smoking is... good?

Tobacco choices

I smoke Cohiba Esplendido occasionally. I prefer cigz though. I get dizzy when smoking huge cigars

Tobacco choices

wilecoyote said:
Do any of you guys know where i could get american spirit (organic form) within the UK? I'm kind of limited to what i get on the shelves. Can someone post a website or something?
wilecoyote said:
Good news UK residents,
American Spirit rolling tobacco can now be purchased at most tobacconist shops! It is a bit pricey though. 7.25 to be exact.
Cheers!
I found a site where they sell Organic American Spirit 35 gr bag for $6,10 in Germany. The 100 gr non organic rolling tobacco AS is around $12. They also sell rolling machines and cig papers. Too bad the site is only in German language. But the payment instruction is in German, English and French. They ship to EU countries. In EU countries you can import from other EU country up to 1kg of tobacco or 800 cigarettes for personal use without paying extra duty. The shipping cost is quite high I must say. I'm ordering my cigaretess from them. I'll let you know the shopping experience. Happy smoking!
camberman.gif

http://www.tabak-brucker.de

product links:
http://www.tabak-brucker.de/shop/themes/kategorie/detail.php?artikelid=196040&source=2
http://www.tabak-brucker.de/shop/themes/kategorie/detail.php?artikelid=194616&source=2

Tobacco choices

Regarding smoking, I have quite for the moment due to becoming aware of some probable facts while waiting at a gas station yesterday. The girl I asked to call a tow truck for me told me that Belmont Mild uses a charcoal filter. I was like what!? Charcoal? Eew. So I searched the web when I finally got home and found this site:

http://tc.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/11/suppl_1/i51

Here is an excerpt:

*********************************************************************************************
"What this paper adds

Almost all cigarettes sold worldwide have a filter; thus, the filter is an integral part of today's cigarette. Furthermore, most filters are made of a cylindrical rod or plug that consists of thousands of plastic-like cellulose acetate fibres. We, however, do not know what studies have been conducted by the tobacco companies to: (a) address filter defects that may arise during cigarette manufacturing whereby loose debris of different forms (for example, fibres, fragments, particles, crystals, and fines) contaminates the cut surface of the filter and is released during normal puffing; and (b) assess the toxicology and human health risks of these diverse filter elements that are discharged into mainstream smoke.

This paper discloses that Philip Morris, Inc has known and concealed for approximately 40 years that fibres and particles "fall-out" of the filter of cigarettes during smoking. Other companies have assessed also the discharge of filter fibres. In addressing this filter defect, the tobacco industry's response has been variable, ranging from denial of the discharge of filter fibres to the development of innovative technologies for correcting and preventing the problem. Consumers have not been informed of the filter defect. Further, there is no indication that existing corrective technologies and invention have been uniformly implemented. Summarily, the tobacco industry has been: (a) derelict in concealing information of filter defects; (b) negligent in implementing technologies available to prevent or reduce the emission of filter elements; and (c) wrongful in not investigating the toxicology and harm associated with defective filters of today's cigarettes that are being marketed worldwide."
*******************************************************************************************
So I will not be smoking anything for a while because I have had gastrointestinal tract problems which I think are due to the "fall outs" from these filters. I think this is probably the case because I had never had such problems before till recently when I started smoking on a more regular basis. Say like a pack in a month or so, which is not much compared to other people.

So, I am look[ing] into smoking from pipes possibly, or smoking from Hookah Water Pipes, which may be somewhat healthier, or so I think; however, I was wondering[,] the article above mentions patents for filters that deal with the "fall out" problems of filters. Does anyone know any tobacco company that actually utilizes these patents for their cig. products?

Tobacco choices

Saman,

This is a good point to bring up. I really wonder how much of the cancer they say that is caused by smoking cigarettes, is actually from this. The American Spirit website discusses the problems with filters and they say they are looking for filters that are made from more sustainable sources. I don't know why they can't make a filter out of corn-based starch, or something similar. There are many products made from this that can replace plastic and foam materials, i.e. disposable silverware, packaging peanuts, etc.

I hope someone comes up with something. Hey, maybe this is a good opportunity??

Tobacco choices

I asked myself one day, what is it that could cause problems in the smoking experience? The normal tobacco can be replaced with organic, and the paper used can be as thin as possible. So it finally boiled down to the filter. I have noticed that the smoking experience is smoother without the foam filter. Honest! My main concern is tar. but with organic rolling tobacco and light rolling paper, that might not be a problem.
Feedback anyone?

Smokers' Obstacles

Greetings,
I would like to know how do the fellow smokers on the forum deal with smoker's guilt. In terms of smoking disapproval, generally i think more women than men disapprove of the smoking act. It doesn't matter what is smoked, it's just a frowned upon activity.
The messed up scenario is that guilt is such a deep ingrained emotional reaction to doing something disapproved of by people in our peer groups and spheres of influence.
I just started this topic so that we like-minded people on this great forum could share our daily experiences, challenges etc with the simple act of lighting up some tobacco, whether outdoors, or in the privacy of our own homes etc.

Also, do some religious backgrounds have more of a predisposition to negate and disapprove the benefits of simple pleasures such as a cup of coffee, a cigarette or even alcohol? (Case in point, SDA's, Jehovah's Witness, Mormons....etc)?

Smokers' Obstacles

Distorted logic ...

Fundamentalist Islamists frown upon alcohol. And drink in secret quarters. But elephants get drunk on fermented berries; therefore alcohol is intended for natural mammalian use.

I have never seen an elephant smoke tobacco, but I have seen many people smoking camels.

Yul Brynner was a bald mammal who famously said, "Whatever you do, don't smoke."

What was his religious persuasion?

Smokers' Obstacles

Never been one for taking much notice of peer pressure.
Reminds me of a true tale form the Middle Ages when animals were put on trial for "murdering" humans.
A German lawyer got his bear client off by pointing out that, under law, the bear had to be tried by a jury of his bears er peers. The bear was released.
I'm generally quite considerate, but if pushed will point out that the additives, sugar curing, etc. are the real cause of damage and that the statistics are skewed anyway. There's a knowledge of just how much so called authorities lie on various subjects out there and it actually helps to raise the awareness and scepticism, albeit by a small amount.
If that fails, tell the person who is harassing you " Look, I obviously don't care about my own health-what makes you think I'm going to care about your's?"
This is a "shock":)
Or my personal favourite, on having a black clad woman at the next table making exaggerated coughing sounds and waving her arms around, who said to me "How can you do that?!"
"Keeps vampires away"
So true.

Smokers' Obstacles

Reminds me of what Gurdjieff's grandmother said to him just before she died:

"Eldest of my grandsons! Listen and always remember my strict injunction to you: In life never do as others do ... Either do nothing - just go to school - or do something nobody else does."

Guilt-free smoking is something nobody else does ...

I like the comment on vampires, though - I think I'll use that. :)

Smokers' Obstacles

Godot -
You're crackin me up! What about second-hand cell phone waves? Vegetarians having to inhale burger fumes? Boo hoo. Grow up already.
Seriously, I think someone with sufficient science/research background should debunk all this tobacco propaganda bs once and for all.
Vampires!!!

Smokers' Obstacles

wilecoyote said:
Also, do some religious backgrounds have more of a predisposition to negate and disapprove the benefits of simple pleasures such as a cup of coffee, a cigarette or even alcohol? (Case in point, SDA's, Jehovah's Witness, Mormons....etc)?
My father became a Jehovah's Witness when I was around 5 years old. At that time he was a 2 pack a day smoker...non-filtered Winstons . He'd been smoking since he was 15 (he was in his mid-30's), and was in perfect health physically. At the insistence of the JW's he quit cold turkey. JW's aren't ever allowed to smoke. They consider it "polluting" the body. (They are, however, allowed to drink "in moderation.") I consider their ban on smoking to be a mind programming tool.

At the time my father became a JW and quit smoking he was suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome (although the term was not yet in popular use) from his experiences in WW2. It was a tough time for him, with three major things affecting him all at once-- and he had a nervous breakdown. He then came down with a debilitating back problem, for no 'apparent' reason, that bothered him for the rest of his life.

He remained a non-smoker, and a Jehovah's Witness, for 40 more years until his death. He admitted to me shortly before he died that he still craved cigarettes; it had always been a struggle for him to remain a non-smoker and only his "faith" had kept him from going back to smoking. I consider his 'faith' to be a form of mind programing. No wonder he struggled.

I've been both a smoker and a non-smoker (right now I smoke). I'm considerate of non-smokers, but I also stand up for myself when the need arises, and I never, ever, apologize for being a smoker, although I used to because I felt guilty.

I sometimes point out that Jehovah's Witnesses and Nazi's have anti-smoking in common and ask, "Hmmm...isn't that interesting?" It tends to confuse people...after all most people have negative opinions of both those cults. Almost no one is willing, though, to give it any real thought...even other smokers! I find other smokers to be as fully programmed as non-smokers; most all smokers completely believe the "smoking lies."

Smokers' Obstacles

You r right Lucy. Many of us smokers feel guilty and succumb to the disinformation and lies propagated. Hmm, the Jehovah's Witness similarity with the Nazi's........interesting...! Never looked at it from that angle.
I will start adopting a 'no apology, no lie' approach to smoking from now on. Because it's the guilt which can get one trapped........especially if it's brought on by a girlfriend or boyfriend.. :-)
Well, these are the obstacles that makes one stronger on the path. As Gurdgeiff stated loosely, it's the inner struggle, the hardships encountered which makes on stronger on the path.

Self Approval can be a valuable asset in such circumstances when one has to depend on his/her internal guidance which directs an individual against the grain of mass opinion and public opinion.

Smokers' Obstacles

In Poland they are going to ban smking outside of your house. I never smoked so I don't care. All I have read was that smoking pure tobacco is safe, while cigatettes are "processed" tobacco.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette
"Commercial cigarettes and cigarette tobaccos rarely contain pure tobacco. Since the leaf is relatively dry at this point these processes result in a significant amount of tobacco dust. Manufacturing operations have developed procedures for collecting this dust and remaking it into usable material (known as reconstituted sheet tobacco). The removed leaf midveins, which are unsuitable for use in cigarettes in their natural state, were historically discarded or spread on large fields because of their high nitrogen content. Procedures have been developed, however, to "expand" the stems and process them for inclusion in the cigarette blends. All these procedures allow cigarette manufacturers to produce as many cigarettes as possible using the least amount of raw materials as possible."
No wonder it's a poison. But pure tobacco could be interesting...

Smokers' Obstacles

wilecoyote said:
Many of us smokers feel guilty and succumb to the disinformation and lies propagated... it's the guilt which can get one trapped..
The C's had this to say about it:

October 28, 1994 -- Session 941028

Q: (L) Is smoking detrimental to any of our bodies?
A: Not if mild. Not if mind is in right mode.
Q: (L) Does smoking enhance psychic abilities?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Is it true that the government program to stamp out
smoking is inspired by the Lizzies?
A: Yes because they know it may heighten psychic abilities.
Q: (L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to
smoking?
A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect
it.
Q: (L) So, it only happens if you are convinced that it can and
must happen?
A: Correct.

Q: (L) Is there any particular brand of cigarettes to smoke?
A: No.

So it may well be that there are advantages to smoking, at least for some people, and the greatest health risk from smoking is from "mental conditioning and subliminal programming" rather than the smoking itself.

In your opening post you also mentioned coffee. From the same session the C's made these comments:

Q: (L) Does F*** need Caffeine as he takes it.
A: Up to him.
Q: (L) Is this beneficial to him?
A: Believe it or not, yes.
Q: (L) Is it good for V***?
A: Yes. Adjusts your thinking and vice versa.

By the way, regarding my father: He was very psychic in his youth, so much so that he and one of his brothers were able to communicate psychically. Although he would never divulge the details, we found out after our father's death, from our uncle (his psychic brother) that they were both somehow involved in "special communications" during WW2. Our uncle also won't say much, and seems more interested in trying to find out how much our father told us than giving us any new information. Also, rather strangely, my father's army records are "lost" and we've been told, off the record by a military historian/researcher, that this is "standard" for those who were involved in "certain types of special ops" during the war. I can only speculate on what those "special ops" may have involved, and why my uncle has been so interested in what our father told us about his war experiences. My uncle lives at the top of a mountain and has a couple who are his 'gate keepers'. No one can see him without going through them. He seems afraid of something.

I'm highly suspicious that my father, who was an agnostic, would suddenly be snagged by the Jehovah's Witness, which also involved stopping smoking. Another odd aspect of this is that once he was a JW he completely turned his back on his psychic ability...to the point of being afraid of it, although we still saw him use it many instances as we was growing up. He also worried a lot about "demons," which are a big subject in the JW teachings.

So I've come to the conclusion that the rabbit hole is very deep indeed, and that we can and will be presented with people and situations in our lives designed to derail us from our path. Those closest to us are the ones who have the most affect on us. It was my psychopathic (I now realize) mother who encouraged my father to even listen to the JW's in the first place, since he wasn't at all interested. She kept inviting them to our house, and as soon as my father was 'hooked' she quit going to the Kingdom Hall, and even denounced them. To her it was like a game. I think she was merely fulfilling a mission, so to speak.

I'm sorry if it seems I've derailed your original topic with all these details about my father, but it seems to me this somehow fits since "obstacles" can be large or small...and even transdimensional in nature.

Back
Top Bottom