Sodium Bicarbonate - Effective against colds and flu and cancer?

HOPE, je n'ai pas bien compris vous mélangez le sel, SB et Lugol dans de l'eau tiède/chaude à jeun le matin ?...

HOPE, I didn't quite understand you mix salt, SB and Lugol in lukewarm/hot water on an empty stomach in the morning....

HOPE, je n'ai pas bien compris vous mélangez le sel, SB et Lugol dans de l'eau tiède/chaude à jeun le matin ?...

HOPE, I didn't quite understand you mix salt, SB and Lugol in lukewarm/hot water on an empty stomach in the morning....

Sorry, I was not clear on that.
First I take a glass of warm/hot water on waking up and after some time (few minutes to an hour), still on an empty stomach, take the salt/SB/lemon mixture in warm/hot water. This is every day.
Whenever I take Lugol's iodine, I take it much later, just after my breakfast.

I haven't finished the book yet, though so far Sircus recommends cold water for sodium bicarbonate and I don't remember any mention of warm or hot water.

Would sodium ascorbate have the same properties ? I usually take both ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate in powder, but with these additional informations, it would seem that sodium ascorbate may be more beneficial.

edit : sodium ascorbate is ascorbic acid + sodium bicarbonate
I don't know. I only use sodium ascorbate and do not use ascorbic acid, due to concerns about ascorbic acid harming my teeth. I'm leaning towards using sodium ascorbate and at different times sodium bicarbonate, though I'm going to finish the book and figure out pH test strips to get a baseline first.

Audio book version available at the moment.

The cancer protocol used by a number of people Sircus reports about is as follows:

First Week: 1 tsp dissolved in water 3 X per day. (Away from food.)
Second Week: Same dose, 2 X per day.
Third Week: Same dose 1 X per day.
Then, take 10 days off and repeat. If cancer is gone, just take a dose once a week or so
I have been using BS for over 6 years as a natural home remedy for cold,sinus,sore throat,constipation and many other ailments some of which were mentioned in Laura's post.Whenever my boys are sick SB is the first treatment administered. We use it to make deodorant,toothpaste and for detox footbaths to remove toxins.
I am aware of a similar cancer treatment where 1tbsp of maple syrup or black molasses are used with 1 tsp BS dissolved in warm water.It can be taken for 2 weeks.First thing in the morning and before bed time on empty stomach. The night dosage help a lot with sleep and pain as some cancer patients have problems with sleeping at nights.Due to the fact that cancer cells strive on sugar ,the syrup will attract the cancer cells and the BS will then attack and destroy and so move the body in balance from being overly acidic to a higher Ph. BS is a natural mineral and cannot be controlled by Big Pharma.It is also very cheap,however,some effort must be made when purchasing BS as some brand are not for consumption.I tend to used BS that has softer texture. IMO BS is next to DMSO.

I am grateful for Mark Sircus book recommendation, will make some effort to study it.People at time require concrete proof for alternative medicine.

After nearly 2 months of symptoms we have been doing the SODIUM BICARBONATE and Apple cider vinegar protocol for only 3 days and the worst (drippy noses, smell of something wrong, digestive irregularities) of our cold has vanished! Quite amazing, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
After nearly 2 months of symptoms we have been doing the SODIUM BICARBONATE and Apple cider vinegar protocol for only 3 days and the worst (drippy noses, smell of something wrong, digestive irregularities) of our cold has vanished! Quite amazing, thank you.

I have a cold too and didn't even do the full protocol and my cough has practically vanished within a day! Normally the cough would stay for months... I just did a teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening of the same day, followed by another one at the next morning. So only three dosis seems to have done the trick. Seems to work wonders. I'll try to get a bit more into the full protocol and see if the rest of the running nose issue disappears as well. The PH Strips are on its way too.

For all Germans; the following product can be bought in pretty much every store in germany and it is pure SODIUM BICARBONATE without any additives as far as I know, while being cheap at the same time. It is called "Kaiser Natron".

Interesting. I have took my blood and urine tests at the end of the year. My urine pH is quite low~5. Last week I have started taking 5g of SB in the water. In few months I will report the results.

Do be sure to get the urine test strips and test daily so that you don't go too high or too low. Test in the morning and at night I think is enough. But you should first get a baseline by testing every time you urinate throughout three days and chart the variation.

I have a cold too and didn't even do the full protocol and my cough has practically vanished within a day! Normally the cough would stay for months... I just did a teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening of the same day, followed by another one at the next morning. So only three dosis seems to have done the trick. Seems to work wonders. I'll try to get a bit more into the full protocol and see if the rest of the running nose issue disappears as well. The PH Strips are on its way too.
Если вас не затруднит, ткните меня носом пожалуйста, где почитать про "полный протокол".

Translation
If you do not mind, poke my nose please, where to read about the "full protocol".

Если вас не затруднит, ткните меня носом пожалуйста, где почитать про "полный протокол".

Translation
If you do not mind, poke my nose please, where to read about the "full protocol".

@youlik,

Может быть, есть источники и получше, но я нашел этот интересным.

There may be better sources but I found this one to be interesting.

21 Questions About Sodium Bicarbonate by Dr. Mark Sircus

This Sunday, I felt like I was a about to get a cold (sore body and throat, coughing and general fatigue), so I decided to try out the SB protocol for colds. It worked like a charm! But not only that, I felt it has done something else than just treating my cold, because I had been feeling inflamed, with general low energy and with other symptoms of inflammation, and these all seemed to have improved with the SB protocol too.

Because I felt the SB definitely improved my well-being overall (after just the first day of the protocol 😮), I decided to look up if there was any correlation between sodium bicarbonate and less inflammation, and I found this interesting study:

Summary: A daily dose of baking soda may help reduce the destructive inflammation of autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, scientists say. They have some of the first evidence of how the cheap, over-the-counter antacid can encourage our spleen to promote instead an anti-inflammatory environment that could be therapeutic in the face of inflammatory disease, scientists report.

[...]

A daily dose of baking soda may help reduce the destructive inflammation of autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, scientists say.

[...]

They have shown that when rats or healthy people drink a solution of baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, it becomes a trigger for the stomach to make more acid to digest the next meal and for little-studied mesothelial cells sitting on the spleen to tell the fist-sized organ that there's no need to mount a protective immune response.

"It's most likely a hamburger not a bacterial infection," is basically the message, says Dr. Paul O'Connor, renal physiologist in the MCG Department of Physiology at Augusta University and the study's corresponding author.

Mesothelial cells line body cavities, like the one that contains our digestive tract, and they also cover the exterior of our organs to quite literally keep them from rubbing together. About a decade ago, it was found that these cells also provide another level of protection. They have little fingers, called microvilli, that sense the environment, and warn the organs they cover that there is an invader and an immune response is needed.

Drinking baking soda, the MCG scientists think, tells the spleen -- which is part of the immune system, acts like a big blood filter and is where some white blood cells, like macrophages, are stored -- to go easy on the immune response.

[...]

The conversation, which occurs with the help of the chemical messenger acetylcholine, appears to promote a landscape that shifts against inflammation, they report.

In the spleen, as well as the blood and kidneys, they found after drinking water with baking soda for two weeks, the population of immune cells called macrophages, shifted from primarily those that promote inflammation, called M1, to those that reduce it, called M2. Macrophages, perhaps best known for their ability to consume garbage in the body like debris from injured or dead cells, are early arrivers to a call for an immune response.

[...]

The shifting landscape, he says, is likely due to increased conversion of some of the proinflammatory cells to anti-inflammatory ones coupled with actual production of more anti-inflammatory macrophages. The scientists also saw a shift in other immune cell types, like more regulatory T cells, which generally drive down the immune response and help keep the immune system from attacking our own tissues. That anti-inflammatory shift was sustained for at least four hours in humans and three days in rats.

Amazing stuff! 🙂
Now I really want to find out more about it so I'll get the recommended books!

Back
Top Bottom