Some comments on information theory

Well that's true. Usually we say that in order to solve a given problem, we have to go beyond the space in which the problem was posed. How can we go beyond our own consciousness?

Well, maybe instead of going beyond to another (higher level/order) space, solving the problem might include going around it (or/and about it) in its given space?
In a sense, like that old saying says, solution to a problem might appear while/when observing it from different sides/viewpoints. :-)

I would expand the above adding into consideration the term "knowledge". Knowledge is probably as hard to define as consciousness, and these two are certainly related. Knowledge often comes from observations and is related to information. But there is also another kind of knowledge that does not rely on any observations. We may, for instance, "know" what our mission in life is, and it comes from a "realization" rather than observation. First we may have a vague feeling, and then one day, we suddenly "know for sure". Of course conscious and subconscious mind are involved, but not observations. Unless we count as observation observing our inner states.

Philosopher Popper wrote about knowledge in "Self and its brain" and later in his essay "Theory of knowledge" in his last book "A world of propensities"

What he has missed is the important fact that "Knowledge protects". That's the main function of knowledge. But this we know from other sources!.

This fact we know and Karl Popper lacked, "Knowledge protects", strongly implies that Knowledge, in a sense of its meaning is very much active and not some passive 'entity'.

With this in mind, could we say that knowledge about something and/or someone is realization of potentially conscious application(s) of information gathered about (and/or around) that something and/or someone?
Hm, when we include also "subconscious" to those "applications" and that knowing someone also implies some kind of a relation(ship) with him/her, we could change the above question about quasi-definition of knowledge to maybe, "learning about a potential application of something or/and an actual relation(ship) to the observer her/himself" instead?
Doing so, it appears to me, we would make this Knowledge direct product of Learning, for which we also know from our other sources that it's fun and all there is, in a sense of lessons as potential learning experiences, i.e. potential acquisition of knowledge.

With a quasi 'definition' like that, it appears to me that Knowledge now encompasses also the inner part/dimension of our realms/worlds, and not only "our inner states" consciously perceived (that we are aware of), but also subconsciously sensed (even without our conscious awareness).

I'm also wondering if we could say that "observing" is in fact "perceiving", with and/or without actually "noting it", like in consciously or/and subconsciously sensing, or maybe even more directly/concretely, could "observing" be quasi-defined as/like "sensing" itself?

With above quasi-definitions and/or something similar, it also appears to me that we could have kinda mathematical/metaphysical framework to discuss and research consciousness in material and/or spiritual worlds (simultaneously and/or separately) in terms of Concepts and their mutual relation(ships) or/and applications. And there language (e.g. with words and their meanings; though tinier units of meanings seem to exist within language) enters on the scene, as a mean of expression and info transfer about the Concepts and their relationships or/and applications.

Which brings us, in my view, to one of very important (ground) aspects in the quest for Science of Spirit (SoS, pun intended, and also quite appropriately acronym of Sound of Silence which is playing in the background of my earphones ;-D),
An observation can not 'stand' alone, it is direct product of an observer sensing, i.e. observation is inextricably meshed up with the observer.

Does the above sound promising to you?
I would surely love some company on this pursuit for what appears to be our SoS transmitance signal. :-)

I read the paper and I got all of … NOTHING! 😂

But on a side note, I’ve always wondered how Knowledge protects. The obvious answer of course is that Knowledge gives us a superior assessment of reality and thus allows us to react in a more appropriate way. Or in other words, it reveals to us the more subtle signs of reality that without Knowledge may remain hidden to us.

But I always wondered if that was the one and only explanation. Maybe Knowledge has some intrinsic power that we are unaware of - maybe along the lines of experiencing ‘stronger vibrations’ in synch with reality that somehow ‘energise’ or ‘empowers’ us more in some way?

That may all sound a bit confused or incoherent, but for me the question remains an interesting one - why (or how) does Knowledge actually protect?

With above quasi-definitions and/or something similar, it also appears to me that we could have kinda mathematical/metaphysical framework to discuss and research consciousness in material and/or spiritual worlds (simultaneously and/or separately) in terms of Concepts and their mutual relation(ships) or/and applications. And there language (e.g. with words and their meanings; though tinier units of meanings seem to exist within language) enters on the scene, as a mean of expression and info transfer about the Concepts and their relationships or/and applications.
Certainly other non-physics systems could use the same math structure as physics. I think circumplex personality models and Laura's use of the Sefirot for densities use the same six basis vector structure that Ark uses for gravity. Physics, personality, and spirituality structures have dual (opposite) structures with personality and spirituality using word meanings. A slight rotation of my avatar (personality) gives the Sefirot and this is also the root system for Ark's conformal gravity.

Certainly other non-physics systems could use the same math structure as physics. I think circumplex personality models and Laura's use of the Sefirot for densities use the same six basis vector structure that Ark uses for gravity. Physics, personality, and spirituality structures have dual (opposite) structures with personality and spirituality using word meanings. A slight rotation of my avatar (personality) gives the Sefirot and this is also the root system for Ark's conformal gravity.

To be honest, I don't quite understand the actual meaning of what's written above as I don't know conformal symmetry (except by its name) and only very little about group theory in general. Regarding the sefirots, I read a text and/or two about them cca dozen years ago and remained at that, remembering only that they are some structures in Jewish Kabballah.

On the other hand, I've been thinking about something much more down to Earth, almost utilizable in ordinary communication on the streets for example, in other words possibly something similar to phonetic cabala as it was mentioned in the Wave.

Like, there are two main classes (of concepts):
  • quasi-scalars;
  • quasi-vectors.
The main difference would be that quasi-scalars don't contain explicit info about direction of an action, only location/place of it; examples of which would be ordinary mathematical/physical scalars like amount/quantity, density, mass, ... , and all concepts in potential like 'a potential change'. Quasi-vectors on the other side, besides info about location of an action, contain also explicit info about the direction of it, like 'an actual change' for example.

In that sense, quasi-scalars only 'know' inner/outer parts of their concepts, like sort of first division, denoted by adverbs "in" and/or "out of", shortened to "of", which gives us "in/of" location measure or info bit.
On the other hand, as said above, quasi-vectors 'know' also the direction, in its most primal form denoted by "From/To" choice, which brings us to natural explanation of C's concepts of STO & STS orientation.

When the Self is the 'observer', it apparently has a dual choice for whichever action it undertakes, 'From Self' (equivalent to 'To Others' since/because Others are outer part of concept of Self; aka STO) or 'To Self' (equivalent to 'From Others'; aka STS).

Now, although 'To Self' orientation actually contains only that choice, extreme example of which would be black hole that only takes To Self From Others/All everything that it can possibly take/eat, 'From Self' choice encompasses also the other one in itself.
Being in STO realm of giving From Self, every citizen of the realm also receives To Self From all Others as he/she gives From Self To all Others - changing from strict "or" alternative as seen in/from STS realm to all inclusive STO realm's "or/and", where 3rd option ("both") is really actualized.

In that sense, a STO entity instead of being singular, separated, isolated point/spot/object like a STS entity, becomes kinda transmittance conduit (can we say that it acquired new additional dimension?) for the current(s) of choices, being both emitter and receiver simultaneously at once.

In parlance of info bits, I'm not familiar how a STO choice would be represented by simple On/Off choice, by our usual info bit 0/1, since/because it is in fact both, On and Off, 0 and 1, simultaneously or/and at once.

Hope I've managed to at least slightly demonstrate the grounds for this idea/concept described in previous post.

I read the paper and I got all of … NOTHING! 😂

But on a side note, I’ve always wondered how Knowledge protects. The obvious answer of course is that Knowledge gives us a superior assessment of reality and thus allows us to react in a more appropriate way. Or in other words, it reveals to us the more subtle signs of reality that without Knowledge may remain hidden to us.
It may also be that the attitude of seeking knowledge protects us from bad influences from 3rd and higher density attempts to steal and/or deprave our souls?

It may also be that the attitude of seeking knowledge protects us from bad influences from 3rd and higher density attempts to steal and/or deprave our souls?

That's counter to what we know from our other sources and perception about the STS world we currently inhabit, e.g. that infinite loop promise of Lord of Serpents to his patsies about seeking infinite knowledge and wisdom, which clearly implies that only seeking knowledge as such does not provide protection per se from higher influences of STS orientation. Or so it appears to me.

But I always wondered if that was the one and only explanation. Maybe Knowledge has some intrinsic power that we are unaware of - maybe along the lines of experiencing ‘stronger vibrations’ in synch with reality that somehow ‘energise’ or ‘empowers’ us more in some way?

That may all sound a bit confused or incoherent, but for me the question remains an interesting one - why (or how) does Knowledge actually protect?

Maybe it protects in real practical terms, like having an assembled info structure which upon receiving (more or less) objective input about given circumstances delivers as its output awareness about actual possibilities what would likely or not so likely happen down the road?
As in "being forewarned, makes us also forearmed", or with awareness about what would likely happen if meanwhile no big changes appear, we can choose to prepare ourselves for what is probably to come.

Also, knowing about universal law of Balance, apart from that of Free Will, and its manner of action in a given situation, might be handy/useful when 'evaluating' the possibilities, or so it appears to me.

Edit: In above sense, "ignorance" as lack of knowledge, although "endangers", is less dangerous that "wrong knowledge" as in having 'incorrectly' assembled info structure which results in incorrect assessment of the possibilities.

Last edited:
The next step is making conformal gravity teleparallel and to add to it EM with magnetic monopoles....

Well historically you write a paper on the personality circumplex relating it to the D3 (conformal) root system cuboctahedron

A cuboctahedron is a hexagon sandwiched between two equilateral triangles. With a projection where the triangles and hexagon have an edge view you get columns of 3 - 4 - 3 since two of the hexagon points overlap. For the paper this relates to reducing MBTI circumplex points down to Enneagram ones but this works for the Sefirot too (Sefirot descriptions are really just elaborate personality descriptions). The Enneagram has the advantage of already being used as a personality model.

Historically you also later write a paper where the proper time degree of freedom is only one degree of freedom but you have two sources, one who does it in terms of a propagator and the other in terms of a tautological solder form (the propagator guy references the solder form lady). The lady actually says affine one-form but it's a projective connection which from a Cartan point of view would mean tautological solder form and absolute parallelism and going from configuration space to momentum space.

Last edited:

Assuming that darkness is the manifestation of ignorance, i.e. not wanting to know and therefore not participating in the creative or luminous aspect, knowledge or the act of knowing incorporates light but also produces it. That is Light = information = knowledge. And where there is knowledge there is a radiant light that dispels the darkness.

Mmmm is there an equation here?

Come to think of it, the more knowledge you have and use it the more light you have and that translates into energy or potential energy, because adding knowledge increases your degree of freedom (free will) since you are in a better position to make decisions. Every choice we make is a participant in the information field whether we make a choice of STO character (bit 1 or on = BEING) or a STS choice (bit 0 or off = NOT BEING).

ark said:

Once upon a time there was a Chinese farmer whose horse ran away. That evening, all of his neighbors came around to commiserate. They said, “We are so sorry to hear your horse has run away. This is most unfortunate.” The farmer said, “Maybe.” The next day the horse came back bringing seven wild horses with it, and in the evening everybody came back and said, “Oh, isn’t that lucky. What a great turn of events. You now have eight horses!” The farmer again said, “Maybe.”

The following day his son tried to break one of the horses, and while riding it, he was thrown and broke his leg. The neighbors then said, “Oh dear, that’s too bad,” and the farmer responded, “Maybe.” The next day the conscription officers came around to conscript people into the army, and they rejected his son because he had a broken leg. Again all the neighbors came around and said, “Isn’t that great!” Again, he said, “Maybe.”

The whole process of nature is an integrated process of immense complexity, and it’s really impossible to tell whether anything that happens in it is good or bad — because you never know what will be the consequence of the misfortune; or, you never know what will be the consequences of good fortune.

— Alan Watts

@dennis, You have given a very beautiful parable. I think it may be of special importance in the context of the times that have come now. I wrote about my view of the current situation in this thread: Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Sometimes it is extremely difficult to assess the effects of certain events. Maybe I will quote something like a parable, but in the face of the current world situation, I decided that it would be a story about the Second World War.

It was August 9, 1945. The inhabitants of the Japanese city Kokura were expecting a sunny August day. On that day, however, the sky was covered with clouds.

Isn't it sad when we plan to spend a beautiful day in the park while the sky is full of clouds and it is raining?

And sometimes we look at the Sun and think that it is the same Sun for all of us who live on Earth. The sun is beautiful, you can't deny it.

But what is good that the inhabitants of Kokura did not see the Sun on that day?

Kokura was the primary target for the "Fat Man" bomb on August 9, 1945, but on the morning of the raid, the city was obscured by morning fog.

Since the mission commander Major Charles Sweeney had orders to drop the bomb visually and not by radar, he diverted to the secondary target, Nagasaki.

In Japan there is a saying "The luck of Kokura" to this day.

Thank you for being here and commenting on the thread I started. It means a lot to me, even though I may have never talked about it before.

It means a lot to me, especially that I feel deeply that I am not needed in this world. If you have ever been inspired by what I wrote and if any of it really inspired you, thank you.

This is my greatest success. Make others happy, make them better, make them feel important.

If I was successful in this case, it is an important substitute for real happiness for me. I appreciate it with all my heart. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: (A) Is the subject of my research at all important? If so, why?

A: Of course it is! You are on a pre-destined mission as you have always instinctively known. Recently though, you have developed a greater awareness of this. Self doubts are merely the result of crises in your personal life. Please do not confuse this with your work.
However, perhaps what was explained for Ark can be applied to more people.

Don't be discouraged.

However, perhaps what was explained for Ark can be applied to more people.

Don't be discouraged.
Yes, of course it is possible. I also have a kind of mission awareness, since I was actually 4 years old. I know that this mission is somehow related to time and consciousness. Hence also my life choices, such as the fields of study. I am currently working with Ark on photons, and in the future we intend to work on teleparallelism.

Indeed, knowledge protects in this case.

Do you feel anything similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom