Some questions - curiousity, skepticism and intrigue

Erowid

A Disturbance in the Force
Not sure if this is the right place for this, i'm hoping for some opinions on my thoughts regarding certain topics in relation to the cassiopaea philosophy.

1. Astral projection - what is the general consensus on this phenomenon? Do you see it as a tool that can be used to learn or rather something that may do more harm than good due to the interaction with what may be malevolent beings in disguise?

2. "Kundalini" energy/awakening - by labelling something misconceptions can arise, kundalini is just the most well known term for this "thing", i'm hearing the opinion that it is merely a distraction on the path, is it not actually something which this site believes can aid in awakening one to a greater truth? My experiences with this energy have opened my mind, i likely would not be on this website if that experience had not occurred. Kundalini has become associated with the new age teachings, which does it a disservice, this phenomena has been a thing since ancient times, I also hear a lot of fear surrounding kundalini on this forum, don't let fear and negative association with new age fluff influence and distort your view. Is the real point not to get tunnel vision and become focused on "it" as the answer, rather to merely acknowledge that it can be a useful experience to help one grow?

3. I've seen many mentions of Christianity on this website, much like question number 2, certain connotations arise in my mind immediately, mostly negative due to my preconceived ideas about the Christian religion, I see much mention of the Bible also. Why does Christianity and the Bible seem to hold more importance in the cassiopaea philosophy than that of other ancient teachings, why the Bible why not the Gita for example? There seems to be a relationship between Cassiopaea teachings and the Christian religion? Why?

4. Psychotropic drugs - The general consensus here seems to be to avoid these, i'm not sure i agree, i don't take drugs anymore but i am not against them. Is it not possible that psychoactive plants have a form of consciousness and hold knowledge that one can access by ingesting and experiencing the consciousness of that particular plant?

5. Vegetarianism - I see a lot of people against this, many i read used to be vegetarian but no longer are. I don't like to label myself as vegetarian, i just don't want to eat animals. I work in animal rescue and have always had a natural affinity towards them. I take B12 and creatine supplements and flax/chia seeds an alternative omega-3 source. There is mention here that the paleo diet is the right choice. I'm not sure i agree, if the animals we eat were hunted in a natural environment similar to when the paleo diet flourished then i would agree, but the meat we eat today is nothing like this, the animals do not eat a natural diet or live naturally therefore the meat we eat cannot be "natural" nor the same as in paleolithic times. I'm well aware of the vegan agenda that is unfolding, for some reason the elite seem to want the world to go vegan, i'm unsure of the underlying reasons for this. Anyone care to elaborate?

6. What is the belief regarding mystical experiences? I realise this is a broad term, i've read quite a bit about Eastern mysticism and had experiences myself that have verged on mystical. Interested to hear if you believe there is any importance to these experiences. Of course they are subjective, but subjective experience is experience nonetheless and can help direct one in a different (hopefully better) direction.

7. What are your views regarding the traditional concept of enlightenment, i.e oneness, unity with the cosmos, detachment from ego etc. Is this believed to be a true and attainable state of being?

8. My understanding is that the "Wave" teachings are based on channeled knowledge? I have a book called Ra The Law of One, have not read it yet but it is also channeled knowledge. What is the general belief here regarding that book? If it is considered negative, why is that so? Why do you believe the channeled knowledge of one holds more truth than that of the other?

9. I've read a little about Gurdjieff and the fourth way, it is described as a path to liberation for the householder. This makes it sound much like the kriya yoga of Mahavatar Babaji and Lahiri Mahasaya, though i'm sure the techniques and teachings differ. I'm not sure how well known kriya is here but i'm interested why is Gurdjieff's path the one recommended here rather than another? If you know of kriya yoga, what is your opinion on it? From what i have learnt it seems probable that knowledge of kriya and its practices was channeled also.

10. Is it the belief here that cassiopaea and all associated teachings are just one of many ways of attaining liberation/truth, or is it rather the belief than it is the ultimate truth and the only way?

11. Freedom of belief and discussion is encouraged here i assume? Some topics i found have been disconcerting, as an example, i have seen some poster state that if Gurdjieff says it, it is fact and any other view is incorrect or irrelevant, one poster was even requesting the person with a different view be temporarily banned. I read this on the cassiopaea website... "We do not encourage "devotee-ism" nor "True Belief." Seems contradictory as no one discouraged that poster, it all seemed a bit... fascist? But then that is just one instance i am focusing on.

Lastly... is there a list somewhere that deciphers all the abbreviations i'm seeing on the forum? I've found out what some of them mean but many are still a mystery!

Not sure if this is the right place for this, i'm hoping for some opinions on my thoughts regarding certain topics in relation to the cassiopaea philosophy.

1. Astral projection - what is the general consensus on this phenomenon? Do you see it as a tool that can be used to learn or rather something that may do more harm than good due to the interaction with what may be malevolent beings in disguise?

i believe it's not implied in "The Work" unless of course it's a natural ability or "your destiny", other forms like remote viewing i believe are detrimental..
2. "Kundalini" energy/awakening - by labelling something misconceptions can arise, kundalini is just the most well known term for this "thing", i'm hearing the opinion that it is merely a distraction on the path, is it not actually something which this site believes can aid in awakening one to a greater truth? My experiences with this energy have opened my mind, i likely would not be on this website if that experience had not occurred. Kundalini has become associated with the new age teachings, which does it a disservice, this phenomena has been a thing since ancient times, I also hear a lot of fear surrounding kundalini on this forum, don't let fear and negative association with new age fluff influence and distort your view. Is the real point not to get tunnel vision and become focused on "it" as the answer, rather to merely acknowledge that it can be a useful experience to help one grow?
same as above, research kundalini syndrome and "P300 amplitudes"

3. I've seen many mentions of Christianity on this website, much like question number 2, certain connotations arise in my mind immediately, mostly negative due to my preconceived ideas about the Christian religion, I see much mention of the Bible also. Why does Christianity and the Bible seem to hold more importance in the cassiopaea philosophy than that of other ancient teachings, why the Bible why not the Gita for example? There seems to be a relationship between Cassiopaea teachings and the Christian religion? Why?
because it's the most obvious target of the PTB (Powers That Be)
4. Psychotropic drugs - The general consensus here seems to be to avoid these, i'm not sure i agree, i don't take drugs anymore but i am not against them. Is it not possible that psychoactive plants have a form of consciousness and hold knowledge that one can access by ingesting and experiencing the consciousness of that particular plant?
most of these drugs are noise designed to distort your perceptions, aside maybe from DMT, but the latter can only be effectively understood with careful controlled kinetics IME
5. Vegetarianism - I see a lot of people against this, many i read used to be vegetarian but no longer are. I don't like to label myself as vegetarian, i just don't want to eat animals. I work in animal rescue and have always had a natural affinity towards them. I take B12 and creatine supplements and flax/chia seeds an alternative omega-3 source. There is mention here that the paleo diet is the right choice. I'm not sure i agree, if the animals we eat were hunted in a natural environment similar to when the paleo diet flourished then i would agree, but the meat we eat today is nothing like this, the animals do not eat a natural diet or live naturally therefore the meat we eat cannot be "natural" nor the same as in paleolithic times. I'm well aware of the vegan agenda that is unfolding, for some reason the elite seem to want the world to go vegan, i'm unsure of the underlying reasons for this. Anyone care to elaborate?
and the vegetables and fruits aren't either(thanks monsanto)
why don't feel the same toward your broccoli ??
6. What is the belief regarding mystical experiences? I realise this is a broad term, i've read quite a bit about Eastern mysticism and had experiences myself that have verged on mystical. Interested to hear if you believe there is any importance to these experiences. Of course they are subjective, but subjective experience is experience nonetheless and can help direct one in a different (hopefully better) direction.
7. What are your views regarding the traditional concept of enlightenment, i.e oneness, unity with the cosmos, detachment from ego etc. Is this believed to be a true and attainable state of being?
too vague and difficult for me to answer
8. My understanding is that the "Wave" teachings are based on channeled knowledge? I have a book called Ra The Law of One, have not read it yet but it is also channeled knowledge. What is the general belief here regarding that book? If it is considered negative, why is that so? Why do you believe the channeled knowledge of one holds more truth than that of the other?
it's one of the recommended primers by the Cassiopaeans
9. I've read a little about Gurdjieff and the fourth way, it is described as a path to liberation for the householder. This makes it sound much like the kriya yoga of Mahavatar Babaji and Lahiri Mahasaya, though i'm sure the techniques and teachings differ. I'm not sure how well known kriya is here but i'm interested why is Gurdjieff's path the one recommended here rather than another? If you know of kriya yoga, what is your opinion on it? From what i have learnt it seems probable that knowledge of kriya and its practices was channeled also.

10. Is it the belief here that cassiopaea and all associated teachings are just one of many ways of attaining liberation/truth, or is it rather the belief than it is the ultimate truth and the only way?

11. Freedom of belief and discussion is encouraged here i assume? Some topics i found have been disconcerting, as an example, i have seen some poster state that if Gurdjieff says it, it is fact and any other view is incorrect or irrelevant, one poster was even requesting the person with a different view be temporarily banned. I read this on the cassiopaea website... "We do not encourage "devotee-ism" nor "True Belief." Seems contradictory as no one discouraged that poster, it all seemed a bit... fascist? But then that is just one instance i am focusing on.

i think you answered your own question but let people with more experience chime in
Lastly... is there a list somewhere that deciphers all the abbreviations i'm seeing on the forum? I've found out what some of them mean but many are still a mystery!
glad you asked> FOTCM - CassWiki PDF

It depends on your view of the "elite". Do they have the welfare of the people at heart? If not, then anything they promote in this way is suspect. One rational conclusion would be that they know that eating meat is healthiest of humans, and they'd prefer unhealthy humans.

Also, I understand that the animals that "we" eat are not raised properly (to say the least), but I don't count myself among that "we", and don't eat animals that come from that source, rather, I eat meat from animals that are raised in a more natural and respectful way.

Read it first. It's pretty good.

Why don't you tell us about your experiences.

It's probably better to call it the chosen way. If someone tries to spread themselves too thinly, they risk not making much progress. That said, I'm not aware of any other esoteric teaching that replicates the breadth, depth and detail of the Cs.

Probably because the founder of this website has a Western Christian culture background. Again, one life often is not enough to explore all of the details of humanity historical relationship with religions and religious belief, although Laura has done quite a bit of multi-disciplinary research in that respect. Also, Christianity doesn't hold a lot of importance, but rather the origins of Christianity, which, when you go back far enough, tend to blend with other traditions. So researching one far back enough gives you an idea into the origins of most others.

There is decent modern research that some mushrooms can be beneficial for certain psychological issues, we're inclined to believe that. But we have a general aversion to regular usage of such things because they can easily lead to escapism and avoidance of reality, and we tend to focus on learning to deal effectively with reality with the resources we have in order to 'cleanly' upgrade our skillz. Basically, we don't believe in short cuts.

We've come a long way in our understanding of Gurdjieff, and I think you have a lot of reading to do before you are in a position to ask some useful questions.

Everything can be used to learn something. It depends on what you learn from each experience. That said, there's plenty of malevolent beings disguised as politicians in suits.

We can't tell you what they mean until you reach the 33rd degree of initiation, which, I feel duty bound to inform you, involves dancing around a fire at midnight covered in bear grease with bell peppers stuffed up your nose.

I don’t think there is a consensus of belief here. Everyone is searching for the truth. It might be a good idea to do your own homework. Search some of the discussion threads and see what you get.

For sure read the wave. We all got here by some odd journey that led us away from the “normal” understanding of things to this place of seekers. One thing: it is important to define terms before any discussion. It is a false assumption to think that the word “Christianity” or Kundalini, for that matter, has a single commonly understood meaning. What do these things mean to you?
Anyway, nobody is going to hand you a platter full of easy answers to that potpourri of massive questions. How about one at a time?

most of these drugs are noise designed to distort your perceptions, aside maybe from DMT, but the latter can only be effectively understood with careful controlled kinetics IME
There is decent modern research that some mushrooms can be beneficial for certain psychological issues, we're inclined to believe that. But we have a general aversion to regular usage of such things because they can easily lead to escapism and avoidance of reality, and we tend to focus on learning to deal effectively with reality with the resources we have in order to 'cleanly' upgrade our skillz. Basically, we don't believe in short cuts.
thought I'd add some more info as my post was in a hurry

yes, there are some wonderful research being done on these things (not necessarily the research you see on MSM)

there is also interesting case studies from the 60's showing that not only they do NOT cause psychosis per se but can effectively cure schizophrenia(which is also confirmed anecdotally by other people today, and again 100% against the MSM propaganda)

compare that with the risk of being greenbaumed by going to "inocuous" new age seminars and a very different picture starts painting itself..

what is wrong with questioning objective reality today ⁉️ honestly in a no BS way?
real question

IMHO if they legalized psychedelics it'd make little difference(it's exactly this way in my country)
the problem is we are too far gone in the wrong program to review our own core perceptions much less with powerful catalyzers

now some people are gonna do it anyway so at least be informed before you tear open that veil woven in your free will
there may be no way back, Dorothy

Back
Top Bottom