Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Just another possibility to go into the mix. The fake or real invasion of critters as proposed by Von Braun. I could see how this sound could freak out a lot of people.

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Seems like the phenomenon is expanding. Up around my neck of the woods, although I haven t heard it yet myself.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Saskatoon/20120124/sas-noisesnorth-120124/

Heimdall is the watchmen of the gods at Bifrost, the bridge that links Asgard and Midgard. He will sound the Gjallarhorn to call the gods to Ragnarok when the Frost Giants attack.

so if ice giants are ''frozen snowball''comets the sounds have been heard before at ragnarok
the story of ragnarok is funny too ,it is told in future tense as in it is yet to happen and at the same time the outcome is already known

ctw5000 said:
Seems like the phenomenon is expanding. Up around my neck of the woods, although I haven t heard it yet myself.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Saskatoon/20120124/sas-noisesnorth-120124/

North Battleford - The article and professor are quoted;

University of Saskatchewan professor Jean-Pierre St. Maurice says there is a natural explanation. "Somehow they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there. That is electromagnetic noise.

St. Maurice says its normal and there is nothing to worry about. Whether a scientific explanation will satisfy all the people who heard something they can't explain is up in the air.

The associated article does not state what he said in the interview either which is;

..emitted from the electromagnetic Aurora or radiation belt...

He seems to be saying they are downward electromagnetic spikes or something.

"Normal...nothing to worry about" - maybe :/

Could cosmic deposits in the upper atmosphere be acting as antennas here? Converting EM waves to audible sounds?

It seems that the sounds are always thought to be coming from the sky, and not the Earth. It makes me wonder how this could be related to the changes we have been witnessing in the atmosphere.

In the one video a man walks past in the street completely unconcerned about the noise. The question is, does everyone hear these noises or are they only noticed by a few people with recorders?

SoCurious said:
In the one video a man walks past in the street completely unconcerned about the noise. The question is, does everyone hear these noises or are they only noticed by a few people with recorders?

If you read "You Are Not So Smart" by David McRaney, you learn about the "normalizing" bias. It really isn't unusual for people to be in the presence of really weird stuff and evince no surprise or curiosity at all.

Found the following today:

Unexplained Metallic Sky Sounds in Yellowstone: Guess When

Apparently Yellowstone National Park has had it’s share of strange sounds. I came across an amazing article called “Overhead Sounds in the Vicinity of Yellowstone Lake” from Science Magazine, 1893, by Edwin Linton. To my amazement and shock, witnesses claimed to have heard what may be metallic sky sounds.

This account from Shohone Lake by Professor S.A. Forbes:

forbes.jpg

That’s one wild description! These historical accounts use amazing descriptive terms that have to be read a few times to imagine what the heck they’re talking about. Are they describing metallic sky noises that we’ve seen in videos?

From an account of Edwin Linton:

linton.jpg

What struck me in this description is “It appeared to be a rather indefinite, reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonance.” Wow! Could there be some truth to all the metallic sound reports happening today?

You can read the whole article here.

Yellowstone Park has 1,000 to 3,000 earthquakes each year. They’re small and are rarely felt, but the region is one of the most seismically active in the United States. Could metallic sounds be related to seismic activity?

possibly an elaborate hoax to promote some upcoming movie - i've heard this explanation and have not crossed it out just yet.

if the phenomena is indeed real then these are some thoughts;

- mind altering frequencies that up until now were inaudible, but changes in the environment are rendering them audible.

- natural sounds of an electromagnetic interaction that do not occur often enough to be recognizable nowadays. mythology contains references to conches and trumpets etc'
either inner earth changes or interactions with charged bodies in the solar system or both, as the C's have commented.

- a new technology is being experimented with, or a technology that has been around for some time is now being utilized.

- overlapping of senses allows people to hear what they would normally see. i had a thought that the phenomena Sounds the way the aurora borealis Looks and the way it moves (for instance).

i still feel that what the C's were saying about "gravity opening up" is a very strong clue, even though it sounds cryptic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFNM86I2-U&feature=related

Alleges to have debunked it.

I don't see this one in the thread, so just to make sure it is archived...this one is in a Canadian classroom. If it's a hoax it's a pretty elaborate one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtLNmdZTf_g&feature=related

Burma Jones said:
I don't see this one in the thread, so just to make sure it is archived...this one is in a Canadian classroom. If it's a hoax it's a pretty elaborate one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtLNmdZTf_g&feature=related

That's the one in the woods, Alleges just debunked with the bird squeak. You must have posted wrong link, no classroom in that one.

Perceval said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFNM86I2-U&feature=related

Alleges to have debunked it.

Looks like he's onto something, but just because the sound from the films War of the Worlds and Red State have been used in those particular videos, doesn't mean that all the sounds are fakes. Actually I wasn't convinced by his comparison of sounds from War of the Worlds with sounds in the videos. However, with modern software and hardware synthesisers any and all of these sounds can be faked.

For example, in this short (1 min 12 sec) YouTube video you can just make out, under the noise of the wind on the microphone, a constant deep hum which would be very easy to fake.

keit said:
Yellowstone Park has 1,000 to 3,000 earthquakes each year. They’re small and are rarely felt, but the region is one of the most seismically active in the United States. Could metallic sounds be related to seismic activity?

The info on the blog, posted by Keit, shows that these sounds have been heard for over 100 years. That suggests that at least some of these sounds are genuine.

transient said:
i still feel that what the C's were saying about "gravity opening up" is a very strong clue, even though it sounds cryptic.

Away With The Fairys/Velikovsky said:
The approach of two charged globes towards each other could also produce trumpetlike sounds varying as the distance between them increased or lessened.(Theogony, 11 , 820 ff ., 852 ff.)

Are we seeing (and hearing) the effects of bodies in the inner solar system interacting electrically with the earth? We only know of near earth objects that the PTB choose to tell us about. Who knows how many of them there really are? For example, looking at this page on the NEODyS site we can see 1228 numbered near-earth objects, and 7306 unnumbered objects. We don't know how near such bodies have to be to have a noticeable effect on our planet.

The upper atmosphere is being loaded with comet dust. Does this have electromagnetic properties? Does it facilitate the electromagnetic interaction of the earth with stellar bodies?

It is possible that each episode of the 'sky sounds' is related to or caused by the close passage of a body in space; or, at least, close enough to have an effect on the planet.

Here's the abstract of a research paper that possibly bears some relation to the sky sounds:

A quantitative analysis of the effects of difference frequency, source separation, and crossing angle on the generated scattered difference frequency sound fields is presented to evaluate the feasibility of localized sound production using 2 uniform pistons. Nonlinear crossed beam experiments were also carried out in an anechoic chamber. Experimental results show that the audible sound could be generated within the interaction region defined by the overlap volume of 2 ultrasonic beams.

Note that the abstract above mentions sound in the audible range being generated by the intersection of two sources of ultrasonic sound. Could the same effect be generated by the intersection of two sources of infrasound?

I'm also reminded of some of the sound effects that can be generated by a ring modulator. Here's a snippet from Wikipedia on the subject:

Wikipedia said:
Ring modulation is a signal-processing effect in electronics, an implementation of amplitude modulation or frequency mixing, performed by multiplying two signals, where one is typically a sine-wave or another simple waveform. [ . . . ]

Operation

Ring modulators frequency mix or heterodyne two waveforms, and output the sum and difference of the frequencies present in each waveform. This process of ring modulation produces a signal rich in partials, suitable for producing bell-like or otherwise metallic sounds. As well, neither the carrier nor the incoming signal are prominent in the outputs, and ideally, not at all.

Here is a page describing earthquake sounds, with mp3 files that you can listen to, showing what a wide variety of sounds can be caused by earthquakes. However it should be remembered that these sounds have been compressed to make them audible to the human ear.

Thanks for the earthquake links, Endymion! I think that is going in the right direction.

Here's the link Burma was trying to give. It's in a school and I think would be kinda hard to fake this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VUWVGryqbE&feature=share

Laura said:
Thanks for the earthquake links, Endymion! I think that is going in the right direction.

Here's the link Burma was trying to give. It's in a school and I think would be kinda hard to fake this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VUWVGryqbE&feature=share

the whole make up of this video sreams fake to me.
again the same sound as in the other videos can be heared.

Back
Top Bottom