Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Laura said:
It's certainly possible that ALL the trumpet like videos are being faked based on the movie - the trope of the end-time trumpet being the main thing - in order to incite 2012 fever to give the PTB an excuse to crack down on the masses.

But that first event in March of 2011 wasn't faked. No, it was not trumpet like either. But it sure tells us that something is going on.

There is also the axe commercial: AXE 2012: Happy End of the World!, so that there is already a big media spin about it:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_hnZgEjJD4

Somehow I'm also reminded on one of Aesop's fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf in this connection.

Windmill knight said:
The baseball one also proves the normalcy bias at its best. The players and crowd are into the game as ever!

I for one have seen enough to have no doubt that the phenomenon is real, and the debunkers are the 'Doug and Dave's assigned to the case. To think of the implications!

The normalcy bias is also very interesting and it could be questioned, if any panic would arise if UFO's would appear as it is often claimed.

Prometeo said:
Gawan said:
Prometeo said:
Some say these videos are viral to promote a movie of godzilla or cloverfield 2. They sound for me very dramatic, like from a movie indeed.

These are just rumors from the vids or are there already news-sources/blogs reporting about it?

Some buddies told me about it, and gave me the link.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/01/21/strange-sounds-heard-worldwide-is-it-viral-marketing-for-godzilla-cloverfield-2-or-something-else/

[…]

Time will tell.

Absolutely and kind of interesting story about this movie and the faked news reports before it was released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RFJ46Qb60

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Laura said:
This one is kind of atypical: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVPWlBfpcc&feature=related

Another one atypical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh3-cXfqRsY

This is interesting. Here is a news report in Spanish talking about the ''Booming'' sound many people heard in Costa Rica, on 9 January 2012. It seems that the sound was sort of similar to the one being heard near Denver, Colorado; 2011 (right before the Colorado-Virginia-D.C. earthquake, as the video states).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgcZ_bii1PA

This is interesting.

"40 knots/86 Hz is an architectural intervention on a derelict sea-side site in the Barceloneta neighborhood of Barcelona. The project seeks to convert the unused plot into a local destination by creating a unique, site-specific aural and haptic experience. The structure is built up of a series of square horn components, each activated by sound and/or wind depending on the geometry and orientation.

Wind is manipulated using Venturi effect. It is directed and accelerated by pointing the large open end of a battery of funnel shaped components towards the incoming sea breezes. The components’ sectional dimensions reduce to less than half the entry size over the 4 meter length, creating an increase in velocity as the wind exits the ‘wind wall’ area of the pavilion.

The sound of the sea is the driver of the geometry of the main gathering area of the pavilion. A sample of audio from the seaside was run through an FFT spectrum analysis which converted the time-based display into a graph displaying the frequencies contained within the sample and their respective energy levels. The FFT analysis showed the largest spike at approximately 86 Hz suggesting that the fundamental frequency of the sample to be at 86 Hz or F2 (two F’s below middle C). The fundamental is typically the note registered when series of harmonic frequencies is heard.

A pipe will amplify a certain frequency if its length is 1/2 the wavelength of that frequency. 1/2 half the wavelength of 86Hz is 2 meters. This formula works as well for horns.
Horns have the added advantage of creating an increased sound pressure as the waves work their way from the wide mouth to the constricted throat.

With this information, we began constructing a wall of sound collecting horns, which would catch and reflect the sound of the sea and amplify the fundamental, creating a low rumbly hum.

By ‘tuning’ the geometry of the forms, the pavilion becomes an instrument, heightening the visitor’s awareness of the phenomena of the site through the manipulation of those forces acting on it."

http://emtech.aaschool.ac.uk/2011/01/22/40-knots-86-hertz/

Hi Meager1,

Interesting find in so far as the basic input of this device is the sound of the sea and wind plays only a minor part, apparently.

Otherwise, it's a rather common phenomenon, known as an Aeolian Harp or Wind Harp - both of which can be googled for more info on that.

Palinurus said:
Hi Meager1,

Interesting find in so far as the basic input of this device is the sound of the sea and wind plays only a minor part, apparently.

Otherwise, it's a rather common phenomenon, known as an Aeolian Harp or Wind Harp - both of which can be googled for more info on that.

Yeah. And I don't think it has anything to do with the phenomenon under discussion in this thread.

Laura said:
Yeah. And I don't think it has anything to do with the phenomenon under discussion in this thread.
Well, there has to be found an explanation for the physical mechanisms of dispersal of these sounds and the concept of resonance will be part of that explanation, I suppose - either one way or the other. So some bearing on that specific part of the whole cannot be denied. OSIT.

Oxajil said:
This is interesting. Here is a news report in Spanish talking about the ''Booming'' sound many people heard in Costa Rica, on 9 January 2012. It seems that the sound was sort of similar to the one being heard near Denver, Colorado; 2011 (right before the Colorado-Virginia-D.C. earthquake, as the video states).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgcZ_bii1PA

Yes. The report doesn't say anything we already know apart that it was heard in several towns and it caused a buzz in social media with people wondering what they heard. It does give further credibility to the whole thing.

Palinurus said:
Laura said:
Well, there has to be found an explanation for the physical mechanisms of dispersal of these sounds and the concept of resonance will be part of that explanation, I suppose - either one way or the other. So some bearing on that specific part of the whole cannot be denied. OSIT.

Wind generated sounds are most likely not even in the ballpark.

Electrophonic sounds are defined as sounds produced by direct conversion of electromagnetic radiation into audible sound. This fact is in clear contradiction to the physical laws of normal sound propagation. ELF/VLF radio waves- electromagnetic radiation - can then be converted into sound by an ordinary object in the observer's vicinity.

Laura said:
Electrophonic sounds are defined as sounds produced by direct conversion of electromagnetic radiation into audible sound. This fact is in clear contradiction to the physical laws of normal sound propagation. ELF/VLF radio waves- electromagnetic radiation - can then be converted into sound by an ordinary object in the observer's vicinity.
All hinges on how this direct conversion takes place and which ordinary object in the observer's vicinity can do this trick and how the sound is propagated after that. I may have missed something and please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I was under the impression that those parts of this equation are not yet solved completely or even preliminary.

Palinurus said:
Laura said:
All hinges on how this direct conversion takes place and which ordinary object in the observer's vicinity can do this trick and how the sound is propagated after that. I may have missed something and please correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I was under the impression that those parts of this equation are not yet solved completely or even preliminary.

Check this out:

Of course, human ears can't directly sense radio signals. If Keay is right, something on the ground -- a "transducer" -- must be converting radio waves into sound waves. In laboratory tests, Keay finds that suitable transducers are surprisingly common. Simple materials like aluminum foil, thin wires, pine needles -- even dry or frizzy hair -- can intercept and respond to a VLF field.

Here's how it works: Radio waves induce currents in electrical conductors. "Strong, low-frequency currents can literally shake ordinary objects," explains Dennis Gallagher, a space physicist at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. "When things shake, they launch vibrations into the air, which is what we hear."

Higher-frequency radio waves, like TV transmissions or FM radio broadcasts, oscillate much too fast (hundreds of millions of times per second) to substantially shake conductors. Even if they did, we couldn't hear the resulting MHz-frequency sound waves, which are far above the frequency range of a human ear.

But VLF waves can do the job. Keay discovered that even a pair of glasses could be made to vibrate slightly. Perhaps that explains the experience of Erich in Troy, New York: "When I was out [viewing the Leonids on Nov. 18th]," he reported, "I had my head back on the ground and heard a sizzling sound. My head was close to grass and leaves and I wear wire frame glasses as well. The sound was definitely simultaneous with the observation of a rather large streak."

_http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast26nov_1/

Palinurus said:
Laura said:

No, you didn't miss it. But my guess is that it has something to do with the "opening up" of the planet and the probable heating taking place closer to the surface... making certain substances able to conduct and/or convert.

Laura said:
Palinurus said:
Laura said:

No, you didn't miss it. But my guess is that it has something to do with the "opening up" of the planet and the probable heating taking place closer to the surface... making certain substances able to conduct and/or convert.

Or maybe "opening up" so that more of these frequencies are able to come through?

AI said:
Check this out:
Of course, human ears can't directly sense radio signals. If Keay is right, something on the ground -- a "transducer" -- must be converting radio waves into sound waves. In laboratory tests, Keay finds that suitable transducers are surprisingly common. Simple materials like aluminum foil, thin wires, pine needles -- even dry or frizzy hair -- can intercept and respond to a VLF field.

Here's how it works: Radio waves induce currents in electrical conductors. "Strong, low-frequency currents can literally shake ordinary objects," explains Dennis Gallagher, a space physicist at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. "When things shake, they launch vibrations into the air, which is what we hear."

Higher-frequency radio waves, like TV transmissions or FM radio broadcasts, oscillate much too fast (hundreds of millions of times per second) to substantially shake conductors. Even if they did, we couldn't hear the resulting MHz-frequency sound waves, which are far above the frequency range of a human ear.

But VLF waves can do the job. Keay discovered that even a pair of glasses could be made to vibrate slightly. Perhaps that explains the experience of Erich in Troy, New York: "When I was out [viewing the Leonids on Nov. 18th]," he reported, "I had my head back on the ground and heard a sizzling sound. My head was close to grass and leaves and I wear wire frame glasses as well. The sound was definitely simultaneous with the observation of a rather large streak."
_http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast26nov_1/
Thank you AI for the quote and the link. Much obliged.
So there are three components: the source, the transducer and the recipient.
Laura said:
my guess is that it has something to do with the "opening up" of the planet and the probable heating taking place closer to the surface... making certain substances able to conduct and/or convert.
The NASA quote is about the Leonid meteor swarm which can be one source of creepy sounds. Laura speaks of the opening up of the planet and heat(ing) sources, which would be a completely different source of possible sounds. And maybe there are more others as well, I don't know yet.
Then we need transducers capable of direct conversion into audible frequencies, i.e. audible to the human ear and to recording devices within the same range of frequencies.
Thereafter, those audible frequencies have to be propagated over large areas in order to be captured by recipients and their devices.
So it seems we have some considerable explaining left to do before we fully understand what is going on exactly.

Oxajil said:
This one hasn't been posted yet:

Queens, New York. 19 January 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNpF_JQ5Wfg

Poster writes:

I had heard about the "strange sounds" occurring around the world and watched the videos on youtube. I thought the supposed sounds seemed like recordings from a sci-fi movie and they were most likely a hoax... up until I heard them myself today. It started around 2 pm, or shortly after, and lasted for about 5-7 min before I thought to get my camera and record it. They are the same sounds being heard around the world; I would describe it as a large animal growling but then it sounds oddly metallic as well, like a creaky machine moving. If anyone has any explanations that would be fantastic. Also, it was a super quiet day, there was no construction going on in the area. I know what a train, plane, truck, and bus sound like, and this was not it. The birds started going crazy towards the end too.

This was interesting, did anyone else get the thought that this sounds like a beast breathing? I don't know this one really sounded as though there was a wave frequency, the way I imagined it In the context of the planet opening up, was as a sort of breathing frequency, the image in my head was the planet opening and closing and opening and closing, sort of like a lung, like snoring.

I may be completely out of line..:P but I figured I'd share those thoughts with you guys.

Back
Top Bottom