Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Thanks, UCA!!! Very interesting. I posted it on my FB and it will go on SOTT.

Re: Strange sounds: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping - In The Skies Around the World..

Laura said:
Thanks, UCA!!! Very interesting. I posted it on my FB and it will go on SOTT.

You're wellcome Laura, i am glad you found it interesting.

I remember I have read from SOTT about an important event related with the sun this year.

un chien anadolu said:
In that case, what could be causing this humming in the sky?

In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth's surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.
[..]

McCanney has been talking a lot recently about the immensity of solar eruptions and in numerous cases very large solar flares happening, not always facing toward earth. Those of you, who frequently follow solar activity and are more educated in this area, are more aware.

What if a solar burst away from Earth reaches the other planets and causes a sort of "hitting the cymbal" effect on them? This energy is then getting reverberated back and forth through the solar system?
I'm thinking of a theoretical model of big loud cymbals were hit rhythmically in a church and the reverberation causes the whole building shake and groan after a while? What if the whole solar system is roaring with this sound energy and what we hear here in Earth is the pandemonium just in our immediate space-environment?

forge said:
What if a solar burst away from Earth reaches the other planets and causes a sort of "hitting the cymbal" effect on them? This energy is then getting reverberated back and forth through the solar system?
I'm thinking of a theoretical model of big loud cymbals were hit rhythmically in a church and the reverberation causes the whole building shake and groan after a while? What if the whole solar system is roaring with this sound energy and what we hear here in Earth is the pandemonium just in our immediate space-environment?

I don't think that makes much sense, actually. Our solar system is not a closed system - it doesn't have 'walls' upon which energy would reflect and bounce back and forth.

un chien anadolu said:
There is a recent interview about the strange sounds with Elchin Khalilov, head of Geochange organization (i've posted about Geochange organization here before)

I don't think it's only the uptick in solar energy that's causing this though. I think it's energy that has reached the inner solar system from outside the solar system - likely the same energy that has caused the warming of the other planets in the solar system. Just an idea, though... (and I think the C's hinted at the same thing when first asked about these sounds).

Yeah, we've had way busier and worse solar flares/maximums. The guy can't explain it any better than to attribute it to the sun. But obviously, that isn't the whole story.

anart said:
I don't think that makes much sense, actually. Our solar system is not a closed system - it doesn't have 'walls' upon which energy would reflect and bounce back and forth.

I'm familiar with waveguides (conductive channels that are like closed rain gutters or pipes used to guide RF energy from a radar transmitter to a feedhorn), and you don't necessarily need a physical object to reflect energy. Waveguides have a property at 1/4 wave and 1/2 wave lengths which act as a wall or a doorway, which can reflect energy back almost as strongly as it hits them.

WhiteBear said:
I'm familiar with waveguides (conductive channels that are like closed rain gutters or pipes used to guide RF energy from a radar transmitter to a feedhorn), and you don't necessarily need a physical object to reflect energy. Waveguides have a property at 1/4 wave and 1/2 wave lengths which act as a wall or a doorway, which can reflect energy back almost as strongly as it hits them.

Explain more, please, with diagrams maybe, 'cause I sorta know what you are talking about but I think I need a picture.

could it be that the temperature of the atmosphere in those areas where you can hear it plays a role too ?
I'm asking becouse as I have mentioned somewhere else I heared sounds in the summer here in germany too.
here is the threat I started back then about those sounds I heared :

"do you hear sounds in the air ? ":
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,23929.msg268081.html#quickreply

Pashalis said:
I noticed for a while now sounds in the air that sound like airplanes, several times a day .
the odd thing is, that it seems that those sounds not always come from airplanes and sometimes they can be heared for a long time.

Edit: maybe a reason for why I think it doesn't sound like in the summer anymore is that I'm not as often outside in
the winter as in the summer, thus paying not as much attention as in the summer ?
is it just my subjectiv feeling that something has changed in the atmosphere and/or consciousness that those sounds have changed ?
sometimes I see airplanes flying over and it seems to me that those sounds I can hear now have changed.
it is difficult to discripe this but it sounds different then years before.

I read some SOTT articles that similar things could be going on in other parts of the world.
is the cause of this the "changing atmosphere" or the "thinning of the veil" or am I just imagine this ?
did you noticed similar things ?

Edit: spelling

maybe a higher temperatur makes it more audible.
I noticed that those sounds I heared are not there anymore since it got cold here.
can we find out the temperatures at those places where it was heared ?
I wouldn't be suprised if the temperatur plays a role in the audibility of those sounds too.

Edit: maybe a part of the reason why I think those sounds are not as in the summer anymore is simply becouse I'm
not that often outside anymore in the winter, thus paying less attention...

Pashalis said:
I noticed that those sounds I heared are not there anymore since it got cold here.
I wouldn't be suprised if the temperatur plays a role in the audibility of those sounds too.

That doesn't make much sense since it's currently winter (and cold) in the northern hemisphere where many of the sounds have been recently heard (Jan.).

anart said:
Pashalis said:

That doesn't make much sense since it's currently winter (and cold) in the northern hemisphere where many of the sounds have been recently heard (Jan.).

yes I guess it's just a purely subjective impression from me.

Pashalis quoted himself:
is it just my subjectiv feeling that something has changed in the atmosphere and/or consciousness that those sounds have changed ?
sometimes I see airplanes flying over and it seems to me that those sounds I can hear now have changed.

I read some SOTT articles that similar things could be going on in other parts of the world.
is the cause of this the "changing atmosphere" or the "thinning of the veil" or am I just imagine this ?

This morning I suddenly wake up at 6.00 AM and heard bell ringing from nearby church, it was not clear ringing - instead (it appeared to me) it seemed to resonate with some high frequency. It was quite annoying cause I normally like bells ringing sound...

Yozilla said:
Pashalis quoted himself:

This morning I suddenly wake up at 6.00 AM and heard bell ringing from nearby church, it was not clear ringing - instead (it appeared to me) it seemed to resonate with some high frequency. It was quite annoying cause I normally like bells ringing sound...

I had noticed on the last summer with a lot of interrogations a different perception in the sound around.
Each year, there is a big fireworks for the National Day, near our home. Close, very close. We have generally only to open the window and to look. On July 13th evening of this year, during these fireworks, we wondered with my husband about the reasons which could make that we heard the noise of explosion of rockets with several seconds of delay. What had never arrived previously. As if something in the atmosphere slowed down the sound. From this moment, I took care about these strange effects, and as said previously, I also noticed various types of rumblings but that I would not know how to identify. They owed generally for a long time, several minutes and are not still accompanied with planes or the other plausible reasons. The strangest, relatively speaking is that the printing that give these noises, it is that they come from above, from the direction of the sky. But there only are "impressions".

anart said:
Pashalis said:
I noticed that those sounds I eared are not there anymore since it got cold here.
can we find out the temperatures at those places where it was eared ?
I wouldn't be surprised if the temperature plays a role in the audibility of those sounds too.

Can it be about humidity?

The speed of sound (or rate C) is going to depend on the density of the environment of distribution and on the temperature.
The speed of propagation of the sound in the air in 20 ° C is 340 m/s (meters per second), 1480 m/s in a water in 20 ° C and of 6000 m/s in the steel.
The more the environment is dense, the more the speed of propagation of the sound will be important.
The temperature is also going to play a role: the more the environment is warm, the more the excitement of the molecules which composes it increases and favors the transmission. On the contrary, in a cold environment the speed of sound decreases. In 0 ° C, the sound speed of the waves is 331 m/s in the air.
http://www.techniquesduson.com/acoustiquefondamentale.html - In English

Absorption

One should distinguish between attenuation, which is a dimunition in intensity for any cause whatever, and absorption, in which energy in the sound wave is transformed into some other form, usually heat. No simple mechanism for the absorption of sound energy by a perfect gas immediately suggests itself, and, in fact, sound does propagate with remarkably little absorption. It is attenuated mainly by spreading, scattering, and absorption by surfaces. The finite viscosity, heat conduction, and molecular mean free path of the medium do give rise to an absorption that increases at higher frequencies. One interesting effect is that the temperature changes in the adiabatic processes may equilibrate with molecular internal degrees of freedom at low frequencies, while at higher frequencies equilibration does not occur. The result is an effective change in γ, which not only changes the phase velocity, but also introduces an absorption because of the phase lag that is effective in the band of frequencies where the phase velocity is changing. The main other contribution to absorption is called viscothermal because it involves these transport properties of the gas, and increases as the square of the frequency. It is also called classical absorption. The distance at which the amplitude of a sound wave is diminished by a factor of 1/e by viscous absorption is (3c/8π2ν)λ2, where ν is the kinematic viscosity, 0.132 cm2/s for air. At 1000 Hz, this distance is more than 10 km. The classical intensity absorption coefficient for air is given in tables as α = 1.61 x 10-10f2 dB/m, where ln(I0/Id) = 2αd. At low pressures, absorption occurs when the wavelength becomes comparable to the molecular mean free path (about 66nm in air at STP). Most of these effects are considerable only at frequencies well above the audible range or at very low pressures. If the mean free path is taken as inversely proportional to the pressure, then the mean free path becomes 1/10 of the wavelength for 1000 Hz at a pressure of about 1.3 μHg, a low vacuum.

The effect of humidity on sound propagation is small, but rather complicated. At 68°F, the phase velocity increases from about 1127 ft/s for dry air to about 1131 ft/s at 100% humidity, mainly due to the decrease in density. The absorption at 100 Hz is 1.67 dB/km for dry air, 0.38 dB/km at 50% humidity, and 0.22 dB/km at 100% humidity. At 2000 Hz, the figures are 4.14, 7.14 and 6.29 dB/km. These figures are much larger than the classical absorption calculated from the equation in the preceding paragraph, and are probably due to vibrational and rotational relaxation in water vapour, oxygen, and carbon dioxide.

Although absorption in gases is well accounted for by viscothermal and relaxation effects (observed absorption only slightly higher than predicted), absorption in some liquids, such as water or alcohols, is much higher than would be expected on these grounds. The exess absorption can be explained as due to a structural relaxation, a change in the molecular arrangement, during the passage of the wave.

Fine wires and threads offer little resistance to the passage of sound. Tyndall found that a piece of felt half an inch thick stopped sound less well than a wet pocket handkerchief. In the latter case, the water closed the pores in the cloth so that it acted like a solid sheet, while the felt did not. This is the reason a hedge is a poor sound barrier, but a tight fence is a much more satisfactory one. Rain and fogs similarly have little effect on sound. In fact, the calmness often found in fogs may actually improve the transmission of sound. However, the presence of moisture catalyzes the absorption by vibrational relaxation in oxygen.

Sound Outdoors

In spite of small absorption, sound cannot be heard for any great distance outdoors. One reason for this is that the temperature of the atmosphere decreases rapidly with altitude (roughly 6 °C for each 1000 m). The lower phase velocity at altitude means that an initially vertical wave front will be tilted backwards, so the rays of sound are bent upwards, creating a shadow at ground level. A strong temperature inversion, or a wind blowing from the source of sound towards the observer, will have the opposite effect, and sound may be heard at a considerable distance. What is important in the case of the wind is that the wind speed generally increases with altitude, a wind shear, not simply a uniform wind. We will consider the effect of the wind in detail below. The unpredictability of the range of foghorns is well known, and can be largely ascribed to such effects. Fog and rain have little effect, since the scale of the disturbances is much smaller than a wavelength. Raising the source of sound has the effect of increasing its range; bells in church towers take advantage of this.

A strange effect was long noticed in the audibility of very large explosions and similar noises. The sound is observed in a region surrounding the source, perhaps extending 50 km or more. Then there is a zone of silence, but at several hundred kilometres, the sound, or at least its lower-frequency components, is sometimes again heard, and with extra delay. Guns on the continent were heard in England, for example. In the 1930's, this anomalous propagation was finally recognized as the effect of temperatures comparable to those on the ground, far above the stratosphere. The sound was reflected by these hot layers and again bent downward towards the earth. Sound from sources like jet aircraft or rockets can also be trapped as in a waveguide in the stratosphere, with higher temperatures both above and below, and can be detected thousands of miles from its source by a receiver in the stratosphere.

A plane wave propagating in a thermally stratified atmosphere can be represented by a ray normal to the wave front whose inclination to the horizontal changes so that the velocity with which the line of intersection of the wave front with a horizontal plane moves, called the trace velocity, is constant. If θ is the inclination, and c(h) the phase velocity as a function of altitude, then c(h) sec θ = c(0) = 340 m/s, if the wave started horizontally at the surface. As c(h) decreases, θ increases, and the wave climbs. At about 11.5 km, the stratosphere is reached, where c = 295 m/s. The inclination of the ray remains at about 30° through the stratosphere. At 20 km, the temperature begins to climb again (due to absorption of solar radiation by ozone), and reaches a maximum at about 49 km, where c = 330 m/s. The ray bends over, and at the maximum is inclined only 14° with the horizontal. Should the temperature up here be a little hotter than normal, and the temperature on the ground a little colder than normal, or a strong wind shear in the direction of propagation exist on high, or else a strong inversion exist on the ground, the ray will become horizontal, and then follow the mirror of its previous path down to the ground again, about 200km from the source. At 50 km, the mean free path of the air molecules is still no more than 0.1 mm, so the wave will not be strongly absorbed, especially at lower frequencies. The effect is analogous to the reflection of radio waves by the ionosphere, which also show 'skip' phenomena. Wind directions favour east to west propagation in the summer in northern temperate latitudes, and make it extremely unlikely in the winter.

http://mysite.du.edu/~jcalvert/waves/soundwav.htm - In english

Yozilla said:
This morning I suddenly wake up at 6.00 AM

Really? I did too and it is not my usual wake up time... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom