Targeted by an Anti-fa acquaintence.

Artex

Jedi
Yesterday, I was labeled a white-supremacist by a member of Anti-fa for writing this: "If words are violence, then canceling someone is lynching." I was labeled a white supremacist for the inference that I was minimizing the word "lynching." He insisted that this was word for word a white-supremacist talking point, which I could not find any evidence of through google or other search engines. I did not know that white people have never been lynched, and I don't agree that lynching necessarily results in death. Some things are worse than death, like having your livelihood taken from you and your life destroyed, having your friends turned against you. The irony that my post was interpreted as violence and then used against me in a violent manner is not lost on me.

I assure you that I am not nor have I ever been a white supremacist. I have been anti-racist my whole life, as much as I abhor how that term is now used and the insistence that if you're not actively anti-racist, you're the enemy of progress. I have never understood how you can hate a group of people you've never met or even interacted with. I grew up in a 99.9% white small rural town. No black people, yet I regularly heard the n-word as a child from people who had never even encountered a black person.

I am not fighting other's battles. I am not mentally built for that. I don't have the emotional capacity to do what is being demanded by the far left. In fact, no one does, which is why everyone is losing their damned minds. I may be a white male, but that does not mean that I don't struggle to exist in this shit-show we call Western Civilization.

I just needed to get that out. It's stomach-turning to be labeled like that and have very little power to do anything about it. I reported the post for shaming, but I've no idea if it was removed. The damage is done, but could get worse if the wrong person sees it and it gets back to my employer. All it takes is an accusation, and then a couple of emails or phone calls and bam, you're unemployed and unemployable. But if I had to, I'd file a slander suit and take his farm, one way or another.

Sorry to hear this has happened, although in the current climate you do have to be very careful what words you use nowadays and be ready to back yourself up and explain your thoughts if someone decides to flagrantly call you a racist for no other reason other than their own narrow worldview is looking for a reason to accuse other people because of their own pathological lens. Did this happen on social media? And how does this Antifa acquaintance know you? Do they know where you work?

The same thing happened to me a while ago. It is important to remember that some people refuse to discuss anything that doesn't agree with what they believe (think confirmation bias x10). They will grasp at any straw in any attempt to direct any conversation away from rational thought and discourse, mostly because their beliefs don't have a leg to stand on.

This is what has bothered me the most since all of this recent craziness started. I know many smart, highly educated people who have let their brains be hijacked by facism. If you are already 'woke' then there is no reason to wake up I suppose.

As bad as it feels in the moment, when you honestly weed out who is who and are able to look at things at a distance, you will find humor in it.

I can not stop laughing afterwards at the non-sense of the tought(??) process of these people. I try to find how some people around me get to some conclusions and opinions and I cannot find any logical processes, there is just a message player in replay, playing whatever is broadcast to them.

I think any sensible person will see that white supremacist is a term of abuse these days. You seem to have really taken that label personally, which is understandable given how massively programmed white people have been to become terrified of any such label as “racist” and whatnot. How do you know this person? Why is he or she so hard to ignore, and why are you spending so much time justifying yourself above? What you said was a perfectly reasonable opinion, and yet these ideologues got inside your head and torment you.

Sorry to hear this has happened, although in the current climate you do have to be very careful what words you use nowadays and be ready to back yourself up and explain your thoughts if someone decides to flagrantly call you a racist for no other reason other than their own narrow worldview is looking for a reason to accuse other people because of their own pathological lens. Did this happen on social media? And how does this Antifa acquaintance know you? Do they know where you work?

And yet the hollowed gods of the Supreme Court have declared calling someone racist is harmless and no one takes it seriously. God bless the self-anointed supreme court and their inventiveness.

@Artex

Stop all the friendships with all these people conquered by the pathology, by rejecting the connections with them at every surface. And keep your activity on this forum and friends, family only with these who you know through years of the experience about their common sense and heart.

Sorry to hear this has happened, although in the current climate you do have to be very careful what words you use nowadays and be ready to back yourself up and explain your thoughts if someone decides to flagrantly call you a racist for no other reason other than their own narrow worldview is looking for a reason to accuse other people because of their own pathological lens.

I agree, Artex. The following video is a good example of this ponerised mind-set: CNN Anchor Don Lemon cuts off a black actor who makes a few reasonable points, but which Lemon considers as an anti-Black Lives Matter stance.

CNN host Don Lemon brought actor Terry Crews on his show to discuss Crews' controversial tweets about Black Lives Matter. Crews stated that he did not want "Black Lives Matter" to transform into "Black Lives are better..

Most people remain quiet for a reason, as they don't want to have a target on their back:

I assume you have read the latest session and the part about strategic enclosure? Maybe read it again? Also, SOTT carries some useful articles about situational awareness which could help you next time. There are are many more where that came from.:-) Hope this helps.

I couldn't defend it fast enough. And it didn't matter anyway. There was nothing I could say to explain my position that would have changed his mind about me being racist by simply using the term "lynching." It made my head spin.

As bad as it feels in the moment, when you honestly weed out who is who and are able to look at things at a distance, you will find humor in it.

I can not stop laughing afterwards at the non-sense of the tought(??) process of these people. I try to find how some people around me get to some conclusions and opinions and I cannot find any logical processes, there is just a message player in replay, playing whatever is broadcast to them.
Well, I did have a manic chuckle as the irony sank in last evening. But right now I'm still reeling from the fact that hundreds of people in my local IT community have been poisoned against me and I'm probably on one or more blacklists just because of who posted it and the fact that "white supremacist" preceded my name.

And yet the hollowed gods of the Supreme Court have declared calling someone racist is harmless and no one takes it seriously. God bless the self-anointed supreme court and their inventiveness.

Unless it's the Left eating its own. Then it's taken quite seriously. I take it quite seriously to be labeled as such in a forum of my peers in a way that intentionally means I'm defending myself against a position I don't hold.

My daughter was just given instructions by her company that the terms "whitelisted" and "blacklisted" are no longer allowed to be used in her work. Apparently, these are also terms used regularly in computing as she explained it to me. (I wouldn't have a clue) Anyway, she is frantically deleting these terms wherever they've been used and hasn't been given "replacement words" yet. :huh: So yeah, we are only at the entrance of this insane rabbit hole.

Back
Top Bottom