Taylor Swift shilling for the PTB?

Indeed! There are many relatively “simple“ songs that are just great and deep. So obviously, there seems to be a lot more going on. Music is complex and there are many things playing into it, that we can’t really explain from a “left brain“ perspective alone.

Maybe the character of the musicians themselves and/or what they are channeling is somehow sensed by people and that can have a lot to do with how we experience a piece of music?

I absolutely think so. Even the current state of mind of an artist while he sings or plays gets transmitted to those who listen, whether live or in recorded form. I think a different level of reality can shine through music, for better or worse.

Just exploring this a bit more. I'm thinking of many different instances where I've had rather profound experiences with music only to find out later that the artist is actually an idiot. One example would be Radiohead, who I think have some truly excellent music, yet they support Extinction Rebellion :rolleyes: I've often thought that a true artist has the ability to channel something higher, some level of universal truth, without inserting an excessive amount of their own personal and subjective sh*t; like they're actually able to step aside and let something beautiful come through. There are so many examples of rather terrible people creating great art and the only explanation I can come up with is that they're actually able to access something higher or objective in human experience and are conveying that without excessive subjective corruption (probably to varying degrees).

Probably because of the music I listened to growing up, I tend to respond much more to music itself rather than lyrics (although not always). I often find lyrics to be disappointing, TBH. Like I'll connect with a song at a musical level and when I start paying attention to the lyrics they just come across as self-indulgent, crass or just plain stupid. It's like the music itself is touching on something profound, but the artist then dumps a bunch of subjective junk on it; like corrupting the channel, to a certain extent. I'm sure this is also a technique for programming; deliberately tacking a bunch of negative 'stuff' onto a positive source.

I think it is complex, and many variables can be at play. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the transcript in which the C's said something like "You might be surprised, but it some ways Psychopaths [and/or people we would consider horrible and/or far away from STO] can be closer to sixth and/or sevenths density then ordinary people". Also, I think Laura once mentioned the curious fact that some Psychopaths seem to be very friendly and loving to 3D creatures like dogs, while otherwise they exhibit full-blown psychopathic traits. I also think someone once remarked on the fact (Laura, I think) that, for example, some of the great and famous classical composers that composed astounding and deep pieces of music were really distasteful and/or pretty horrible human beings.

So, what I'm trying to get at is the idea that when it comes to music, that it might be perfectly possible for an otherwise horrible human being to be able to sometimes (or even regularly!) channel something higher and maybe even STO while performing/creating/recording music. Part of the reason might be that some of those people are just blessed with genetics quirks that enable them to be a channel in certain circumstances. I can think of a lot of music that I would consider, great, deep and meaningful, where I know for a fact that the person who created it is either on a completely different and/or negative life trajectory, or is a downright horrible human being or worse. I also noticed that many of the people who created what I would consider great pieces of music say that their music "just comes to them" and often say that they are not the creators but the channel through which that music was coming through "from somewhere else". Not seldomly I have looked up interviews with musicians whose music (and/or certain songs) I found very good and/or deep and there definitively seems to be a pattern that they often describe their music (and often the specific piece I like) as having come from somewhere else. Probably some kind of channeling is going on.

And, similarly to what luc said, I think, no matter if the person performing/creating the music is a decent person or not, their ability, to let something deep/meaningful/higher shine through their music can probably change from moment to moment and song to song. As is probably the case with pretty much everyone else, to one degree or another, at any given time in their lives.

Also, I think the well known fact that people can respond very differently to the same piece of music, can have many additional/different/varying reasons:

- A person might connect what they hear to personal positive and/or negative memories/happenings in the past.
- People have different life paths and karmic lessons, thus it could very well be that one person reacts to a song because it is connected to their personal learning path while for the other it isn't part of their personal learning path.
- Personal past lifetimes might affect why and how we react to a piece of music.
- What we are personally going through in that exact moment in time when we listen to a piece of music influences how we perceive a piece of music.
- Generally speaking, the specific FRW of a person as a whole, might reflect on the types of music they like as a whole in general.
- If the person who listens to a music piece has some level of personal knowledge/engagement in practicing/playing music (play and instrument and/or singing, for example), that person can tend to react differently to a piece of music compared to a person who has no such knowledge. Someone playing the guitar for example might appreciate and/or be amazed by the level of skill that is exhibited by a musician in a song, while they don't necessarily like the song at the same time.

I could think of many more variables.

On a personal note, in contrast to dugdeep, I often tend to focus not only on the music, but quite often on the lyrics. I tend to be a stickler for good/deep lyrics and I can find much value in it. It seems to me that good lyrics might have a lot in common with good poetry. But if the music that is accompanying the lyrics is what I would consider bad, even if the lyrics are absolutely stellar, I don't like the piece of music as a whole or even in parts at all. Period. Conversely, if I consider the music good and the lyrics are not so good/deep, or even stupid, silly or bad, I can often like that music piece as a whole nonetheless, unless maybe, the lyrics are evil.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Here is an interesting example I came across a couple of days ago. Rick Beato published the following video:

Now, I never heard of that woman with the stage name "Willow" before and probably would have never come across her if I wouldn't have watched the above. So, I saw the above and was absolutely amazed and astounded by the high level of music arrangement and difficulty of that piece of music and her ability to sing extremely difficult vocal parts live, very well. In short, the level of talent/ability is just amazing/astounding!

So, I looked up that live performance myself in order to listen to the full thing:

Amazing!

Then I looked up the recorded version:

Then I discovered that "Willow" is Willow Smith, the daughter of famous actor Will Smith. Of course, I know Will Smith, and from what I have seen of him, I give it a good chance that he his quite a high level narcissist, if not worse, probably similar to his wife Jada Pinkett Smith. The mother of Willow.

Then I looked up a number of interviews with Willow. Given that history, those interviews, what she does in public life and how she performs on stage, I consider it a high probability that Willow has inherited (or inculcated) a lot of narcissism (or worse) herself.

So, you can think/assume what you will about Willow herself, but that music piece above (and others as well, from what I heard...) is quite something else, and musically speaking, on a very high and difficult level! Breathtakingly good in that regard, IMO. The lyrics are quite good as well, IMO (in that piece at least). And the band is extremely good as well! And from what I have read, she is not only the singer and songwriter but the producer! Something I can definitely listen to and appreciate. That song and probably others of her will go into my collection, no doubt.

So given that, I don't know how much I am now influenced about what I know about her and her history, but it could be that I somehow feel/find (if not now, but maybe in the future) that what she does is a bit too much, over the top, over emotive, libtardy, virtue signalling for my taste. So at some level, I might be/get annoyed by that music and/or performance (if not now, then maybe over time). I dunno.

Last edited:
Probably because of the music I listened to growing up, I tend to respond much more to music itself rather than lyrics (although not always). I often find lyrics to be disappointing, TBH. Like I'll connect with a song at a musical level and when I start paying attention to the lyrics they just come across as self-indulgent, crass or just plain stupid. It's like the music itself is touching on something profound, but the artist then dumps a bunch of subjective junk on it; like corrupting the channel, to a certain extent.
Amen to this! There's so many songs that I've heard that I initially thought were great based on the rhythm and melody, only to change my opinion completely after hearing the lyrics. 😄

I think it is complex, and many variables can be at play. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the transcript in which the C's said something like
Well, there was also this:

Q: (G) Is it like a malignant narcissist?

A: Close. Do not underestimate the ability to mimic and to also generate bodily resonance.

A creature without an emotional center is quite a "thing", eh?

Q: (Mr. Scott) They keep saying "creature". That's really freaky. (Perceval) Is someone without an emotional center very susceptible to being possessed or "walked into"?

A: No. What self-respecting "spook" would want to eat at a restaurant that serves food made of air? Like stone soup before the neighbors came.

Q: (L) In other words, possession is a quality [process] of eating emotions. There have to be emotions. (Andromeda) What drives them, then?

A: Pure "nature". That's why there is so strong a bodily resonance. In a strange way they are more closely connected to the "divine stuff" of creation than you are. The sex center is directly connected with that heavy sleeping matter that just "loves to be loved" and creative.

Q: (Andromeda) What exactly is bodily resonance? (L) Is it something like limbic resonance?

A: Close but not exactly. It is similar to a forced vibration. When a creature with those properties is in proximity to wounded or weakened prey they can force the weakened body to their own frequency. Imagine a violin that has no music emanating. Then imagine some primitive string stretched taut. When it is plucked strongly, it doesn't matter how the violin is tuned. It will respond, and produce distortions of its true sound. Call it a "crime of opportunity" with other forces plucking his string. A one note samba, no doubt.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the transcript in which the C's said something like "You might be surprised, but it some ways Psychopaths [and/or people we would consider horrible and/or far away from STO] can be closer to sixth and/or sevenths density then ordinary people".

Well, there was also this:

Q: (G) Is it like a malignant narcissist?

A: Close. Do not underestimate the ability to mimic and to also generate bodily resonance.

A creature without an emotional center is quite a "thing", eh?

Q: (Mr. Scott) They keep saying "creature". That's really freaky. (Perceval) Is someone without an emotional center very susceptible to being possessed or "walked into"?

A: No. What self-respecting "spook" would want to eat at a restaurant that serves food made of air? Like stone soup before the neighbors came.

Q: (L) In other words, possession is a quality [process] of eating emotions. There have to be emotions. (Andromeda) What drives them, then?

A: Pure "nature". That's why there is so strong a bodily resonance. In a strange way they are more closely connected to the "divine stuff" of creation than you are. The sex center is directly connected with that heavy sleeping matter that just "loves to be loved" and creative.

Q:
(Andromeda) What exactly is bodily resonance? (L) Is it something like limbic resonance?

A: Close but not exactly. It is similar to a forced vibration. When a creature with those properties is in proximity to wounded or weakened prey they can force the weakened body to their own frequency. Imagine a violin that has no music emanating. Then imagine some primitive string stretched taut. When it is plucked strongly, it doesn't matter how the violin is tuned. It will respond, and produce distortions of its true sound. Call it a "crime of opportunity" with other forces plucking his string. A one note samba, no doubt.

You found the quote I was looking for! That whole exchange is actually very interesting, also in connection to this discussion.

I also think someone once remarked on the fact (Laura, I think) that, for example, some of the great and famous classical composers that composed astounding and deep pieces of music were really distasteful and/or pretty horrible human beings.

So, what I'm trying to get at is the idea that when it comes to music, that it might be perfectly possible for an otherwise horrible human being to be able to sometimes (or even regularly!) channel something higher and maybe even STO while performing/creating/recording music. Part of the reason might be that some of those people are just blessed with genetics quirks that enable them to be a channel in certain circumstances. I can think of a lot of music that I would consider, great, deep and meaningful, where I know for a fact that the person who created it is either on a completely different and/or negative life trajectory, or is a downright horrible human being or worse. I also noticed that many of the people who created what I would consider great pieces of music say that their music "just comes to them" and often say that they are not the creators but the channel through which that music was coming through "from somewhere else

Makes sense to me. Look at, for example, 'F', from the early days of the C's experiment. If I recall correctly, Laura and/or the C's said he was an extremely talented natural channel, like a radio which can be tuned in to whatever frequency. So he sort of facilitated Laura's initial contact with the C's, but was also susceptible to info/influence from other, nefarious sources, which eventually came to a head, I suppose because of his nature, or life path, genetics, choices, lack of effort in working on himself, etc... (Basically. IF I understand it all right)

So maybe artists who have some kind of higher density receivership capability, are those who come out with wonderful, transcendent art & music, but if because of their nature or environment they tend towards STS, that same ability to channel higher-D information can make them susceptible to nasty influences. More susceptible than an average person. So that could be why the awful ones are often really quite extra awful?

Cos 6D unified thought forms would not only be "good", but also "bad" - all the "names of God". So it makes sense that someone who can access the good parts of that information can just as easily access the bad, if that's their choice, or they're not careful, or not aware.. And as we see all the time, the "bad" will try to take over, take people over and try to force its way through, and the "good" will not, but instead leave it up to the person to a) choose and b) make the effort to see that choice through.

Makes sense to me. Look at, for example, 'F', from the early days of the C's experiment. If I recall correctly, Laura and/or the C's said he was an extremely talented natural channel, like a radio which can be tuned in to whatever frequency. So he sort of facilitated Laura's initial contact with the C's, but was also susceptible to info/influence from other, nefarious sources, which eventually came to a head, I suppose because of his nature, or life path, genetics, choices, lack of effort in working on himself, etc... (Basically. IF I understand it all right)

So maybe artists who have some kind of higher density receivership capability, are those who come out with wonderful, transcendent art & music, but if because of their nature or environment they tend towards STS, that same ability to channel higher-D information can make them susceptible to nasty influences. More susceptible than an average person. So that could be why the awful ones are often really quite extra awful?

Cos 6D unified thought forms would not only be "good", but also "bad" - all the "names of God". So it makes sense that someone who can access the good parts of that information can just as easily access the bad, if that's their choice, or they're not careful, or not aware.. And as we see all the time, the "bad" will try to take over, take people over and try to force its way through, and the "good" will not, but instead leave it up to the person to a) choose and b) make the effort to see that choice through.

Reminds me of what I recently read in one of the Cassiopaea Substack articles. C‘s said something about “undergrounders“ psychically projecting “thoughts“ into the minds of human artist types who then create art influenced by that process which is then widely distributed in society through their arts. They seemed to suggest that they prefer doing it that way because there are types of art people who are good/excellent channels. Maybe I can find those parts.

Here is an interesting example I came across a couple of days ago. Rick Beato published the following video:

Now, I never heard of that woman with the stage name "Willow" before and probably would have never come across her if I wouldn't have watched the above. So, I saw the above and was absolutely amazed and astounded by the high level of music arrangement and difficulty of that piece of music and her ability to sing extremely difficult vocal parts live, very well. In short, the level of talent/ability is just amazing/astounding!

So, I looked up that live performance myself in order to listen to the full thing:

Amazing!

Then I looked up the recorded version:

Then I discovered that "Willow" is Willow Smith, the daughter of famous actor Will Smith. Of course, I know Will Smith, and from what I have seen of him, I give it a good chance that he his quite a high level narcissist, if not worse, probably similar to his wife Jada Pinkett Smith. The mother of Willow.

Then I looked up a number of interviews with Willow. Given that history, those interviews, what she does in public life and how she performs on stage, I consider it a high probability that Willow has inherited (or inculcated) a lot of narcissism (or worse) herself.

So, you can think/assume what you will about Willow herself, but that music piece above (and others as well, from what I heard...) is quite something else, and musically speaking, on a very high and difficult level! Breathtakingly good in that regard, IMO. The lyrics are quite good as well, IMO (in that piece at least). And the band is extremely good as well! And from what I have read, she is not only the singer and songwriter but the producer! Something I can definitely listen to and appreciate. That song and probably others of her will go into my collection, no doubt.

So given that, I don't know how much I am now influenced about what I know about her and her history, but it could be that I somehow feel/find (if not now, but maybe in the future) that what she does is a bit too much, over the top, over emotive, libtardy, virtue signalling for my taste. So at some level, I might be/get annoyed by that music and/or performance (if not now, then maybe over time). I dunno.

So, I heard this song about a month ago. I was rather surprised when I did because I immersed recognized the opening motif… The piece posted, I composed back in 2020 during the scamdemic lockdown. I posted it on YouTube recently to place in the comments of an interview with the pianist. Please feel free to tell me I’m crazy for thinking what I’m thinking but…

So, I heard this song about a month ago. I was rather surprised when I did because I immersed recognized the opening motif… The piece posted, I composed back in 2020 during the scamdemic lockdown. I posted it on YouTube recently to place in the comments of an interview with the pianist. Please feel free to tell me I’m crazy for thinking what I’m thinking but…

As a laymen I would say there are definitely quite some similarities but also some differences, but I think it is just a coincidence. Her version is far enough away from yours IMO to say that it isn’t really the same. Would like to hear the opinion of some musical experts though…

Generally speaking, I tend to think that it probably happens more often then we think: that two or more completely separate people can come up with similar or even the same music ideas. In other words: when people claim someone else stole music from them, sometimes or even often, that might not be true.

So, you can think/assume what you will about Willow herself, but that music piece above (and others as well, from what I heard...) is quite something else, and musically speaking, on a very high and difficult level! Breathtakingly good in that regard, IMO. The lyrics are quite good as well, IMO (in that piece at least). And the band is extremely good as well! And from what I have read, she is not only the singer and songwriter but the producer!

As a laymen I would say there are definitely quite some similarities but also some differences, but I think it is just a coincidence. Her version is far enough away from yours IMO to say that it isn’t really the same. Would like to hear the opinion of some musical experts though…

Generally speaking, I tend to think that it probably happens more often then we think: that two or more completely separate people can come up with similar or even the same music ideas. In other words: when people claim someone else stole music from them, sometimes or even often, that might not be true.

So, it appears that Willow is one of four songwriters that came up with this particular song, while one of those, a pianist by the name of Brad Oberhofer, came up with that specific piano part in question. Here he explains how that happened:

Here are a bunch of reactions to that Willow song "Symptom of Life" from 2 vocal coaches and some musicians (a Jazz player among them). Notice that seems to be a song that is, musically complex/deep, lyrically quite stellar/deep and filled with emotion and soul coupled with a singer and band that can pull it off live astoundingly well. All that in one mixture is quite rare. Also notice how they all struggle to explain in words just how good it is, especially if you put it all in context to each other. There is simply no way in hell I can accept that anything I heard from Taylor Swift is located even slightly in the same universe. In fact, I would call it a sin to even make any such comparison:

Here are the lyrics of that song:

Symptom of life
Song by Willow Smith

[Verse 1]
Pushing and peeling myself out of my disguise
Looking at you, now I'm wondering, who am I?
If I could try to take you back, I couldn't define

[Refrain]
Feeling absence of time
Knowing all is decided
There's nothing here left to find
The story's all in my mind

[Verse 2]
Pushing and peeling the layers that cover my mind
Looking into the shadow, now I notice the light
Magic is real, when you see it inside, you decide

[Refrain]
It's like a snake shedding skin
Creating life to begin
And all you know has vanished again
Transcending virtue and sin

[Chorus]
Feast my eyes on lower things while bеauty is a symptom of life
Gotta decide if I'm gonna see it, why?

Fеast our eyes on lower things when suffering is craving the light
Gotta decide how we're gonna heal it, why?
Feast my eyes on lower things while beauty is a symptom of life
Gotta decide if I'm gonna see it, why? (Why do we?)

Feast our eyes on lower things when suffering is craving the light
Gotta decide how we're gonna heal it, why? Yeah
Gotta decide how we're gonna feel it, I'm (Desperately)
Trying to find out

[Bridge]
Gotta know that life is fragile
Gotta know, but gotta go
I stood in awe inside a temple of a God
I didn't know wanna go
Find the one who understands
Why we wait for pain to change us?
To let me know that life is fragile

[Refrain]
It's like a turtle in sand
Making way to the ocean
Almost meeting the end
Because the birds are in motion, oh

[Chorus]
Gotta decide if I'm gonna see it, why?
Feast our eyes on lower things when suffering is craving the light (I know we)
Gotta decide how we're gonna heal it, why?

Gotta decide if I'm gonna see it, why? (Why do we?)

Feast our eyes on lower things when suffering is craving the light
Gotta decide how we're gonna heal it, why? Yeah
Gotta decide how we're gonna feel it, I'm (Desperately)
Trying to find out

And here is the same Jazz guy reacting to another life performed song of Willow called "Big Feelings", which is musically also quite difficult/complex but lyrically a lot more simple. Yet, as he explains quite well, it is also hard to explain in words because it seems to describe what humans go through on a day-to-day basis, struggles and so on:

And a songwriter reacting to the same song:

Songwriting Teacher Reacts: Willow - b i g f e e l i n g s

Here are the lyrics of that song:

Big Feelings
Song by Willow Smith

[Chorus]
I have such big feelings
Can't shut 'em down without a sound
I have such big feelings
Can't shut 'em down or let 'em out

[Verse 1]
I know I'm not fine
But yes, I say I'm fine
I know I'm not fine
But yes, I say

[Chorus]
I have such big feelings
I have such big feelings

[Refrain]
Acceptance is the key
Acceptance gives me wings
Acceptance is the key

[Chorus]
Even with such big feelings
I have such big feelings

[Bridge]
I know I have, I know you have problems
You know I have, I have big, big problems
I know I have, I know you have
Problems, problems
Yes, I have
Problems, problems
Yes, I have

[Verse 2]
You know I'm not fine
But yes, I say I'm fine
You know I'm not fine
But yes, I say I'm fine

[Chorus]
I got such big feelings
I got such big feelings

[Refrain]
Acceptance is the key
Acceptance is the key
Acceptance is what I need

[Outro]
'Cause I know you got, I know I got problems
I know I got, I know you got problems
I know I got, I know you got problems
I know I got, I know you got
Problems, problems
Yes, I have so many problems
Problems, problems
Yes, I have so many problems

Here is an example of probably the most famous musician in the world in terms of almost exclusively using very simple and easy chord progressions (which some might call "boring". I don't, especially in that context!). He is also famous for having had a bad (and/or not professional or annoying) sounding voice in later years. But somehow he created an astounding number of really famous, deep and classic music pieces that are probably the most covered music pieces in history. He is called Bob Dylan. The one thing that really stood out and probably contributed a lot to the greatness of his songs were his lyrical skills. Many if not all of his songs have very easy/simple chord progressions, but lyrically, they are often so complex, poetic and deep. And sung/performed in difficult ways. A combination of factors that results in many people struggling hard to sing his songs like he did to this day. I also saw an interview with Dylan in which he very explicitly explained that he can't explain how many if not all of his early songs came into being. He was visibly perplexed and couldn't explain it at all, seemingly making it very clear that the songs came from somewhere else and he wasn't the creator but just the channel through which they came.

When I first heard the song I want to talk about in the radio a couple of years ago, I was totally blown away, most especially by the lyrics, but also by the music. I was pretty much floored. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. The song is called "Hurricane", and as you can read/hear, it is about something that apparently really happened to a professional black african boxer in America. I've researched it afterwards and there is some controversy how true the story is that Bob is telling in the song. Anyway, here is the song (unfortunately recorded in low quality) from the Album, followed by a live performance by Dylan and then the lyrics. Lyrics, which are basically the content of a small book, poetically written. That is also what I call great music!:

Hurricane
WRITTEN BY: BOB DYLAN AND JACQUES LEVY

Pistol shots ring out in the barroom night
Enter Patty Valentine from the upper hall
She sees the bartender in a pool of blood
Cries out, “My God, they killed them all!”
Here comes the story of the Hurricane
The man the authorities came to blame
For somethin’ that he never done
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been
The champion of the world

Three bodies lyin’ there does Patty see
And another man named Bello, movin’ around mysteriously
“I didn’t do it,” he says, and he throws up his hands
“I was only robbin’ the register, I hope you understand
I saw them leavin’,” he says, and he stops
“One of us had better call up the cops”
And so Patty calls the cops
And they arrive on the scene with their red lights flashin’
In the hot New Jersey night

Meanwhile, far away in another part of town
Rubin Carter and a couple of friends are drivin’ around
Number one contender for the middleweight crown
Had no idea what kinda shit was about to go down
When a cop pulled him over to the side of the road
Just like the time before and the time before that
In Paterson that’s just the way things go
If you’re black you might as well not show up on the street
’Less you wanna draw the heat

Alfred Bello had a partner and he had a rap for the cops
Him and Arthur Dexter Bradley were just out prowlin’ around
He said, “I saw two men runnin’ out, they looked like middleweights
They jumped into a white car with out-of-state plates”
And Miss Patty Valentine just nodded her head
Cop said, “Wait a minute, boys, this one’s not dead”
So they took him to the infirmary
And though this man could hardly see
They told him that he could identify the guilty men

Four in the mornin’ and they haul Rubin in
Take him to the hospital and they bring him upstairs
The wounded man looks up through his one dyin’ eye
Says, “Wha’d you bring him in here for? He ain’t the guy!”
Yes, here’s the story of the Hurricane
The man the authorities came to blame
For somethin’ that he never done

Four months later, the ghettos are in flame
Rubin’s in South America, fightin’ for his name
While Arthur Dexter Bradley’s still in the robbery game
And the cops are puttin’ the screws to him, lookin’ for somebody to blame
“Remember that murder that happened in a bar?”
“Remember you said you saw the getaway car?”
“You think you’d like to play ball with the law?”
“Think it might-a been that fighter that you saw runnin’ that night?”
“Don’t forget that you are white”

Arthur Dexter Bradley said, “I’m really not sure”
Cops said, “A poor boy like you could use a break
We got you for the motel job and we’re talkin’ to your friend Bello
Now you don’t wanta have to go back to jail, be a nice fellow
You’ll be doin’ society a favor
That sonofabitch is brave and gettin’ braver
We want to put his ass in stir
We want to pin this triple murder on him
He ain’t no Gentleman Jim”

Rubin could take a man out with just one punch
But he never did like to talk about it all that much
It’s my work, he’d say, and I do it for pay
And when it’s over I’d just as soon go on my way
Up to some paradise
Where the trout streams flow and the air is nice
And ride a horse along a trail
But then they took him to the jailhouse
Where they try to turn a man into a mouse

All of Rubin’s cards were marked in advance
The trial was a pig-circus, he never had a chance
The judge made Rubin’s witnesses drunkards from the slums
To the white folks who watched he was a revolutionary bum
And to the black folks he was just a crazy nigger
No one doubted that he pulled the trigger
And though they could not produce the gun
The D.A. said he was the one who did the deed
And the all-white jury agreed

Rubin Carter was falsely tried
The crime was murder “one,” guess who testified?
Bello and Bradley and they both baldly lied
And the newspapers, they all went along for the ride
How can the life of such a man
Be in the palm of some fool’s hand?
To see him obviously framed
Couldn’t help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game

Now all the criminals in their coats and their ties
Are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise
While Rubin sits like Buddha in a ten-foot cell
An innocent man in a living hell
That’s the story of the Hurricane
But it won’t be over till they clear his name
And give him back the time he’s done

Last edited:
Here is an example of probably the most famous musician in the world in terms of almost exclusively using very simple and easy chord progressions (which some might call "boring". I don't, especially in that context!). He is also famous for having had a bad (and/or not professional or annoying) sounding voice in later years. But somehow he created an astounding number of really famous, deep and classic music pieces that are probably the most covered music pieces in history. He is called Bob Dylan. The one thing that really stood out and probably contributed a lot to the greatness of his songs were his lyrical skills. Many if not all of his songs have very easy/simple chord progressions, but lyrically, they are often so complex, poetic and deep. And sung/performed in difficult ways. A combination of factors that results in many people struggling hard to sing his songs like he did to this day. I also saw an interview with Dylan in which he very explicitly explained that he can't explain how many if not all of his early songs came into being. He was visibly perplexed and couldn't explain it at all, seemingly making it very clear that the songs came from somewhere else and he wasn't the creator but just the channel through which they came.

When I first heard the song I want to talk about in the radio a couple of years ago, I was totally blown away, most especially by the lyrics, but also by the music. I was pretty much floored. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. The song is called "Hurricane", and as you can read/hear, it is about something that apparently really happened to a professional black african boxer in America. I've researched it afterwards and there is some controversy how true the story is that Bob is telling in the song. Anyway, here is the song (unfortunately recorded in low quality) from the Album, followed by a live performance by Dylan and then the lyrics. Lyrics, which are basically the content of a small book, poetically written. That is also what I call great music!:

And how are we to take this?

Back
Top Bottom