Taylor Swift shilling for the PTB?

This thread is timely cause all I hear in the news is Taylor Swift because she's on tour. Personally, I'm baffled by the level of adoration she has. Although I do think she's extremely hard working (you don't stay that famous for so long without extreme hard work) and have some talent, I find her to be kinda average, although over the past couple of years I think she's massively improved her show performance. Her vocals are ok, she has decent stage presence, I like some of her songs but increasingly I feel like I'm listening to the diary of a 30-something woman who is still 16 mentally. But all in all, I don't get that wow factor that I would get from Beyonce or Rihanna. This being said I think this is precisely her appeal; people, namely girls and gay boys, are able to identify with her.

Imo, she isn't an OP or undergrounder and I think that compared to other celebrities, she's definitely one of the good ones. I think some people are just born with that je-ne-sais-quoi or perhaps call it destiny (meaning they're born to be great and famous).

The only thing with Taylor is that she's one of the most PR-conscious celebrities. There's very little that is completely genuine or organic that comes from her. Even worse than the Kardashian or Beyonce. People don't realise that Taylor comes from a very wealthy background and if I remember correctly, at some point, I think her father owned or was a shareholder of her label. She's a 1 percent, who became even more 1%.

In addition, I personally don't think Taylor is even straight, and I think all her relations with men, including the current one are PR. She's a closeted lesbian, and I'm curious as to if she'll ever come out (given the age we're in, if she did, she would get even more famous as she would be hailed as an LGBT icon). Btw, there are a few other celebrities that are "straight" on paper, but who I suspect are gay, lol (*cough* Leo Dicaprio, Lewis Hamilton, Zendaya, Mbappe, Bradley Cooper, Pedro Pascal, Jake Gyllenhal *cough*). But that's a different story.

One of her previous "boyfriend", Calvin Harris, actually got mad at her due to how she'd behaved with him and twitted that he was a "beard". However, those tweets were subsequently deleted and you had articles pretending that he was saying he was growing a beard. Similarly, one of her previous "boyfriend", Joe something had photos floating of him where he looked curiously effeminate *read gay*. Also, if you look on Reddit, there's lot of speculation from her own fans, including people mentioning that during concerts she sometimes change pronouns from "he" to "she" and gets very emotional. I've also heard that years ago, it was reported that she going out with an actress from Glee, and then the news evaporated and the outlet who published the info was said to have lied.
On that note, I'm kind of wondering why comparatively, the number of LGBT in celebrities past and present (even if they're closeted) seems to be higher than the rest of the population when you look proportionally. I sometimes wonder if people who are of LGBT orientation are naturally more attracted to the arts and entertainment, just like I feel like women basketball and football seems to attract lesbian/ women who are more masculine.

I watched a Taylor documentary a few weeks ago, and it what struck me about her music was not so much that she writes it all herself, but that she manages to convince her followers that the same three chords (almost exclusively F, C, and G, which can effectively be played by moving a single finger from string to string all on the third fret: the Hot Crossed Buns of guitar wizardry) combined with a different catchphrase equal a dozen distinct and individual compositions. For a pianist, it’s basically the C, Dm, Em, F (all white key triads) of song creation. How many ways can we repurpose Heart and Soul?😂

Musically it’s the equivalent of Monty Python’s Dead Parrot Sketch (written by reading euphemisms for dead from an encyclopedia). Or Cheese Shop (padded out to fully 5 minutes by reading a list of types of cheese and saying things like “Nope”, “Fresh out.”, and “The van broke down.”

And thus ends my appraisal of the musical talents of the immortal Taylor Swift. At least McCartney earned his rep. I’ll eat my shoes when Tay Tay writes a Yesterday!

Rant over.🤐

And on that note (!), here are quite a number of really interesting and revealing points from Rick Beato on Swift. The first one says it all, "NYT Says Taylor Swift Is Bigger Than The Beatles!? WTF" and then Beato goes into details on how the Beatles made (actual music) and how Swift's music is being done. It is basically a night and day comparison. As he says "those are in completely different universes". I couldn't agree more. Also notice that you can pretty much remember all number 1 hits from the Beatles immediately, in stark contrast to Swift. Also interesting are his insights on Swift herself, whom he saw when an act of his was the opening act for her show. A perspective from a producer, incredible musician, guitar player and professor of music:

The more I think about it, the more an idea grows in my head: Maybe one of the significant differences between Taylor Swift and the like, and people like the Beatles in the past is that their music had soul and Swift's music has little to no soul? Or in other words, what I hear when I listen to Swift sounds ugly to me, while when I hear the Beatles and other big ones from the past I see, hear and feel beauty.

And another "nugget" of Taylor Swift. Rick Beato reacts on it, in a YouTube short. Kinda says it all:

Exactly! Beato is the man! Love that guy!

When I hear her songs, the word “vacuous” comes to mind. Like a flash flood in the desert during a rainstorm. It makes a lot of noise and people get swept up, but ultimately it’s gone as quickly and was never deep enough to leave any real trace. Just little eddies among the creosote and sagebrush that live on for decades into centuries. Swirls in the dust.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more an idea grows in my head: Maybe one of the significant differences between Taylor Swift and the like, and people like the Beatles in the past is that their music had soul and Swift's music has little to no soul? Or in other words, what I hear when I listen to Swift sounds ugly to me, while when I hear the Beatles and other big ones from the past I see, hear and feel beauty.

Formulaic is the word that comes to mind. They are super catchy I must concede on that. Sometimes euphoric, sometimes cute and even sad at moments. But feel transitory and quickly disposable after those three minutes of bliss. When listening to those great bands from the 60s and 70s I have pay attention. Taylor's music on the other hand is perfect for a clothing store in a mall while shoppers go through shirts.

This sounds like an old man rant (and it is LOL), but there are some out there on YouTube that have analized how music has changed over time in the last 40 years, and its exactly that, formulaic and unmemorable for commercial reasons.

Taylor's music on the other hand is perfect for a clothing store in a mall while shoppers go through shirts.

Actually, to be fair, that would be a serious reason for me to quickly search for the exit and never enter again. 🤣 But in all seriousness, I’m not even half joking there! I simply can’t stand that so called “music“. Most, if not all of it, is sickening to me.

What it boils down to me is the difference between ugly and flat vs. beautiful and deep.

What it boils down to me is the difference between ugly and flat vs. beautiful and deep.
This is essentially the gist of my flash flood analogy: inch deep and a mile wide. From this “old man’s perspective”, I’d say you stated it perfectly. When my buddies and I were teenagers, we called it “surface music”. I believe we had it right then, so why should I disagree now, 40 years later?

This is essentially the gist of my flash flood analogy: inch deep and a mile wide. From this “old man’s perspective”, I’d say you stated it perfectly. When my buddies and I were teenagers, we called it “surface music”. I believe we had it right then, so why should I disagree now, 40 years later?
Her music reminds me of Brian Eno - elevator music, like what you listen to when traveling between floors (densities?). Only in Swift's case, I don't think her devoted listeners are going upwards...

The thing that really bothers me about her, is her complete dominance in the music industry today. How can someone so seemingly pedestrian (if not at least somewhat talented) be so over-the-top dominant, unless she is being actively promoted to be so by the PTB? Is it because there really are no better musicians out there today? I personally don't buy that for a second.

I believe she's been singled out because she is so vanilla, and elevating her over others far more talented is yet another way that the PTB are actively inverting reality and purposefully crushing people who have real talent so that they either fall into despair or give up altogether. Music has always been one of the best ways of elevating the soul throughout time, and now even that is being diverted and perverted. IMHO anyway.

elevating her over others far more talented is yet another way that the PTB are actively inverting reality and purposefully crushing people who have real talent so that they either fall into despair or give up altogether. Music has always been one of the best ways of elevating the soul throughout time, and now even that is being diverted and perverted. IMHO anyway.
Fundamentally I don’t disagree but this is not a new or recent phenomenon. Jeez, in the 50’s a boatload of mindless garbage came roaring down the pike on radio and juke boxes nationwide and has never stopped.

It’s partly about subjective taste (what’s mindless negative garbage Vs what do “I” like. And When it comes to taste, there are few objective absolutes). But the history is fascinating.

50’s Taylor Swift = Elvis. Elvis was a natural reaction to the bland “drink your bourbon and martinis, pursue the American dream, and STFU” embodied by Perry Coma, Brenda Lee, Dean Martin, Doris Day etc. Elvis the pelvis was the spearhead of a rebellion from traditional values and a release from pent up societal repression. Personally, I detested Elvis’ music but I was only 7 when I started hearing him on the radio and I was a weird kid.

60’s was a period of diversity and societal splintering, drug culture expansion, social causes but there was no one all-encompassing mega star like TS. The whole point of that era was a fracturing so a mega star wasn’t needed or even possible.

The 70’s. IMO, disco was the mindless soma used to get people back to non-thinking, and start promoting the agendas. (Elton John, the Village People). The BeeGees could be viewed as a Taylor Swift of that era. But it was a conglomeration of stars in the disco party space. (stfu, party on the weekend and go back to sleep) (Even Rockers went disco.)

So as I write this, what I think is unique about Swift is what a broad focal point she is. (They tried with Madonna too). Like if you took the popularity of the BeeGees, Donna Summer, Diana’s Ross etc of the 70’s and rolled them into one you’d have Taylor Swift.

The hive mind is also at play. The decades of past programming is another thing in play. And some of the stats may be cooked, too. They are lying about the economic numbers and inflation numbers and Biden numbers, so why exclude manipulating the perceived popularity of Taylor Swift?

What you (and Beato) are also right about is the homogenization of pop music. But it’s pop music. The random excellent, creative, expressive music artists have always existed and they still do.

The mass promotion of limited options has been perfected: Like a musical vaccine for all. But we are all allowed to listen to what we like in our own earbud cocoon world so long as we stay hypnotized and don’t act in unison to confront the system.

It’s a complex and wonderful topic.

But, being mystified that large groups of programmed, brainwashed masses should rally around a stupid choice should not come as a shock! This is clown world, remember?

The only song I've ever listened too from Swift is the 'screaming goat song'. Don't watch/listen unless you want it stuck in your head lol. It is kind of hypnotic and I hate to say it but the song grows on you the more you allow it into your consciousness... and gulp, I may even like it now haha.

So I haven't followed Swift too much, but did note that she has been a big thing in a lot of people's minds. I do follow some NFL football and I think her relationship with a noted good player made her notoriety and popularity soar even more this last year. Each week it seemed they would focus on her at the football games (joined in by other celebrities... one which flashed some Satan sign live on TV - I think at the Super Bowl, etc and I have seen twitter posts that ask if she is a practicing witch) and there was no way to avoid it unless you didn't watch or read any football coverage. Any number of people have questioned whether the relationship was organic at its start... and wouldn't you know the team of her boyfriend won the Super Bowl with their relationship a main topic of interest for that game.

For me, I figure maybe her popularity and media exposure and seemingly being pushed everywhere has to do with someone has to be selected to distract and befuddle the masses in negative dissociation. Maybe she is really good in that role and 'plays nice' with the elites behind the scenes, and is on message with what they want to spread to the masses and has therefore become very popular with hypnotized people. Seems all the more reason for the elites to build her up even bigger if she is delivering what they want.

That is assuming she’s a regular person. I’m open to the possibility that she’s an undergrounder or has been programmed or is part of some music industry satan cult, etc.

I wasn't thinking anything along those lines, but more along sociological lines, which I think would be more interesting. After all, it's a bit lazy to go "undergrounder" every time. Not saying you're doing this TC, obviously, but just saying.

I built a neural network a couple of years ago as part of a project to analyze the structure of music. I trained it on a few hundred thousand tracks from across the music spectrum over the last 70 years. Out of the blue, it REALLY developed a liking for the music of Taylor Swift (and to a lesser degree Billie Eilish).

It could recognise the structure in their tracks an order of magnitude more accurately than the music of any other artists…

It really didn't like my favorite bands - ACDC and ZZ Top…

Not sure if it is relevant to this discussion, but it indicated to me that there was something different about Taylor Swift’s music compared to everything else out there at the time.

The thing that really bothers me about her, is her complete dominance in the music industry today. How can someone so seemingly pedestrian (if not at least somewhat talented) be so over-the-top dominant, unless she is being actively promoted to be so by the PTB? Is it because there really are no better musicians out there today? I personally don't buy that for a second.
Among NPCs it must be cool to not stand out, to embrace greatest-common-denominatorhood. "See, I'm just as trivial as all you guys, lol", it's a way to be inclusive I guess.

Back
Top Bottom