The infrabed

Amazing work you all. Master craftsmen, indeed! The finished product is beautiful. :thup: :perfect:

Konstantin said:
Gandalf said:
TheTodd said:
Yozilla said:
What a great carpentry workshop you have over there! :thup:

Yes, a very nice workshop, lots of machines and tools and, as I can see from the pictures, meticulous workmenship. Keep up the good work. :thup:

Indeed, what a lovely workshop.
Great workshop. I could work whole day inside. And also the skills of the person(s) who are building this infrabed 2.0 are excellent. :rockon:

The workshop is a very efficient and useful place. We developed it from scratch over the past 8 years. It helps us save money by building many things that we, otherwise, should buy. For example, infrabeds sell for more than 20000 dollars!

It also allows us to involve members in various projects and help them develop manual skills.

Attachments

• diomedics_infrabed.jpg
    diomedics_infrabed.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 344
Pierre said:
We decided to transfer the infrabed 1.0 to the Farm so the farmies and the guests can have a direct access to the device.

[...]

And here it is!

IMG_1918.jpg

DSC_2183.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see we've also upgraded the stoppers on V1.0 as per Pierre's advice, to the beefier version like in V2.0. Didn't have an IR camera to show it operational, but if the room's dark enough, you can see the faint glow of the LEDs. ;)

Great work guys, thanks for sharing! :) I'm a little late, as I just bought the CCTV infrared LED light mentioned in Meg's post. I'll probably use it to spot treat problem areas starting next week.

The bottom line is that now we are able to schedule more members for the infrabed treatments when they spend time here! Having just one was impossible with all of us here, the farmies, PLUS guests who definitely wanted to try it and do a short course of treatment!

So, those of you planning visits in the coming year, keep in mind that this is another service you will have access to during your stay!

Now, just a funny thing I want to note. For several years now I've suffered from some kind of bizarre thing where my skin has become so fragile it would just peel off with the mildest scrape. Even worse, with even a slight bump, I would get huge hematomas that took weeks to go away. I'm sure you've seen very old people with this condition. But I didn't think I was THAT old!

Well, to make a long story short, whatever it was, it seems to have gone away since I started using the infrabed. I can't swear that this was the curative element because I've also been taking the high doses of methylfolate/B6/B12, and a few other things including a Chinese formula for heart/spleen. Whatever has done it, I'm happy. My skin is no longer like very thin rice paper. I did a serious bump/scrape/scratch on my arm yesterday and nothing happened except a scratch that is almost healed today.

Laura said:
The bottom line is that now we are able to schedule more members for the infrabed treatments when they spend time here! Having just one was impossible with all of us here, the farmies, PLUS guests who definitely wanted to try it and do a short course of treatment!

So, those of you planning visits in the coming year, keep in mind that this is another service you will have access to during your stay!

Now, just a funny thing I want to note. For several years now I've suffered from some kind of bizarre thing where my skin has become so fragile it would just peel off with the mildest scrape. Even worse, with even a slight bump, I would get huge hematomas that took weeks to go away. I'm sure you've seen very old people with this condition. But I didn't think I was THAT old!

Well, to make a long story short, whatever it was, it seems to have gone away since I started using the infrabed. I can't swear that this was the curative element because I've also been taking the high doses of methylfolate/B6/B12, and a few other things including a Chinese formula for heart/spleen. Whatever has done it, I'm happy. My skin is no longer like very thin rice paper. I did a serious bump/scrape/scratch on my arm yesterday and nothing happened except a scratch that is almost healed today.

I'm really happy your health continues to improve, and I'm also excited the farm and its guests can enjoy the infrabed as well. :)

whitecoast said:
Laura said:

I'm really happy your health continues to improve, and I'm also excited the farm and its guests can enjoy the infrabed as well. :)

I'll second that. Congrats on the continuing health improvements and for the new model of the InfraBed - great job.

That's great news, Laura. So glad to know your health is continuing to improve! :clap: :hug2:

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Pierre. You are all indeed master craftsmen - am continually amazed at the projects you undertake. :perfect:

WoW, that looks amazing!!!, glad to head that your health is improving Laura.
It looks very neat hehe, congrats guys :clap: :thup: :clap:

I was thinking about the C's "light and sound" as brought up here:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,45266.0.html

What if we hook up an IR bed or spot light or whatever to a microphone and sing into it? It would require some electronic finagling but it could be done.

Also just a peripheral thought. Resonant vases or any other resonant reflective surface would modulate the light reflected while resonating, I wonder if this is part of the puzzle? Vases that resonate at the right frequencies, stimulated by sound (or technologically stimulated to resonate on it's own), reflecting light from a fire or coals or a furnace. Ancient healing technology?

RedFox said:
Ant22 said:
Hello H2O said:
Received my infrared lamp today.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fuloon-Infrared-illuminator-adapter-E8100-30/dp/B01M4OGF39/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502389038&sr=8-2&keywords=infra-red%2Bfloodlight&th=1

A whole 5 days early. Was supposed to arrive Aug 18th. (Must have been in the giant Amazon warehouse that is only about 8 blocks from here...)

It seems to be as advertised, seems high quality. I notice a slight hum when plugged in, but no flicker that I can see.

Now I just have to figure out how to use it. :D

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm glad you got it early Hello H2O! I just had a thought: the lamp is much smaller than the Infrabed so it will only cover a small part of our body at a time. I'm curious if anyone knows whether those of us who will be relying on lamps would be better off using them 15 minutes per day? Or would 15 minutes per body part be a better option?

I guess instead of answering your question I sneakingly threw mine in too :whistle:

Mine arrived Friday evening, and I checked it out yesterday. I can say with some certainty that there should be no flicker.
The power supply circuit is a small switch mode power supply (see attached PSU pic at the end of the post) which tend to provide a steady supply of power. I don't have my oscilloscope anymore, but my multi-meter didn't register anything that would suggest a pulsed current.

It has an internal fan that causes some hum, and the power supply does whistle a little when it's running.
You'll need to remember to cover the light sensor in order to turn the infra-red on.
Will look like this close up:
how_a_light_dependant_resistor_works_typical_ldr.jpg

It does also tend to heat up to about 37oC after an hour or so of use.

I've used it for 15 minutes per location. Generally I just hold it or rest it in place, as close to my skin as possible.
Head, neck and shoulders is what I am focusing on. So far it seems quite relaxing (my muscles unwind), somewhat similar to the FIR blanket.

My lamp has died in the last couple of days. There is a small clicking sound when plugging in, but the lights do not come one. I opened it up, and there is a small fan sitting on top of the circuit board, and I can see that the fan does not come on when plugging it in. I guess I will try to return it, if I can find the original receipt. Kind of a bummer... :curse:

H2O said:
(...)
My lamp has died in the last couple of days. There is a small clicking sound when plugging in, but the lights do not come one. I opened it up, and there is a small fan sitting on top of the circuit board, and I can see that the fan does not come on when plugging it in. I guess I will try to return it, if I can find the original receipt. Kind of a bummer... :curse:

I'm sorry to hear that H2O! I guess it must have been faulty. Mine is still fine and I continue to use it loads. It hasn't been a year yet so you should be able to get a replacement. If you bought it on Amazon you don't need the original receipt, Amazon keeps a record of all your purchases. Just find the lamp on your orders list and pick 'return the item' option if it's still available. If not, you should have an option to contact the seller or go to 'Help' and contact their customer services. I hope you get a new lamp quickly!

Speaking of the lamp, I have one more testimonial to add. I bought the same model for my grandparents and I used it on my grandma's back and feet during Christmas. She's always cold and she wears thick socks, sometimes two pairs at once. But after a 15 minute session with the lamp she said she was boiling hot that night and that continued throughout the next day. She said it felt like her blood started to move faster but she knows she has poor blood circulation so maybe that's what led her to this description. She also said walking felt easier the next day.

My grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer when I was little so she's lived with it for 3 decades. She never allowed any further tests or treatment after the initial diagnosis so it's hard to say what exactly is going on in her body but she has pains all over her body and the one that bothers her most is a shooting pain in her arm. The lamp doesn't take it away completely but apparently it makes episodes of it much less severe and less frequent. Feedback from her really surprised me because given her overall condition I really didn't expect much. My grandma also loves the back massager I bought for her too!

My grandpa has varicose veins and I still need to look into possible dangers of using the lamp on his legs before he tries it there but he does use it on his back. There's also my mom with early stages of arthritis. No feedback from her yet but she's only been using it for a couple of weeks.

Ant22 said:
H2O said:
(...)

I'm sorry to hear that H2O! I guess it must have been faulty. Mine is still fine and I continue to use it loads. It hasn't been a year yet so you should be able to get a replacement. If you bought it on Amazon you don't need the original receipt, Amazon keeps a record of all your purchases. Just find the lamp on your orders list and pick 'return the item' option if it's still available. If not, you should have an option to contact the seller or go to 'Help' and contact their customer services. I hope you get a new lamp quickly!

Yeah, I checked that and it says for that item:

Delivered Aug 13, 2017
Package was handed to resident
Fuloon New IR Infrared 140 LED illuminator light Night Vision with adapter 850nm For CCTV Camera (E8100-30-A-IR)
Sold by: Koolertron Direct Mall
Return window closed on Sep 12, 2017

Other than the 30 return window, there is no other option given that I can see, at Amazon to return this item. I can't see anywhere on the site, or in the included paperwork anything about warranty information. So I might have to just try to fix it myself or junk it. :mad:

H2O said:
(...) Yeah, I checked that and it says for that item:

Delivered Aug 13, 2017
Package was handed to resident
Fuloon New IR Infrared 140 LED illuminator light Night Vision with adapter 850nm For CCTV Camera (E8100-30-A-IR)
Sold by: Koolertron Direct Mall
Return window closed on Sep 12, 2017

Other than the 30 return window, there is no other option given that I can see, at Amazon to return this item. I can't see anywhere on the site, or in the included paperwork anything about warranty information. So I might have to just try to fix it myself or junk it. :mad:

Don't give up on getting a replacement yet H2O! Such items normally have 1 year manufacturer's guarantee. Maybe you could try contacting their customer services? Here's how:

1. Go to Amazon's contact page. The one below is for the UK, just look for your local one. I too couldn't find the contact option anywhere on their website so I searched for "Amazon customer services contact". Here's the UK site, just look for the Canadian one:
_https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

2. Once you're there scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll see point "2. Tell us more about your issue"

3. Select 'Other Issue' for both options there. I attached a screenshot of what to select for you.

4. You will have 3 options, email, phone and chat. Phone calls with their customer services tend to be more effective because you get to fully explain your issue quickly rather than go back and forth in writing. Also, after each phone call you get an email asking you to rate the customer service assistant and they know this. I noticed that they are more inclined to help over the phone whilst emails are more likely result in automated rejection of your claim.

Checking in advance if there is any law that states the minimum manufacturer's warranty period for electronics may be a good idea too.

You can also go to the product's site and contact the seller directly to ask them to confirm (in writing) how long the manufacturer's warranty is because your item broke after 5 months.

I hope it helps :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 21.12.07.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 21.12.07.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 109
Ant22 said:

I hope it helps :)

Did it ever. I used the chat box, and was told they would give me a refund, and also send a prepaid label. :clap:

That option is pretty buried in their site, and I don't think I would have found it without your help..

In case it helps anybody, here is a copy of the chat:

Hello,

Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Hi. After 5 months this item has stopped working.
09:06 AM PST Tejal(Amazon): Hello, my name is Tejal. I'm here to help you today.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced in this case, Glenn
Fuloon New IR Infrared 140 LED illuminator light Night Vision with adapter 850nm For CCTV Camera (E8100-30-A-IR) - Is this the item you are referring to?
09:07 AM PST Glenn: yes
09:08 AM PST Tejal: In this case I can help you with prepaid return label I can see that the Return Window: Expired on Wednesday, September 13, 2017
I can help you with this as a exception , would that fine for you Glenn ?
You can return the item for refund .
09:09 AM PST Glenn: I like the item, can I get another one instead of the refund?
09:10 AM PST Tejal: I am sorry I cannot create the replacement for this item as this item is sold by the third party seller,we create replacement for the items sold and shipped by Amazon.In this case,I can issue the refund for you on return .
You can also place the new order with us with the fastest shipping available and I will waive off the shipping charges for you.
09:11 AM PST Glenn: OK, that is fine. So I guess I can take the refund, then just reorder again afterwards.
09:11 AM PST Tejal: Sure Glenn
Shall I create a label ?
09:11 AM PST Glenn: yes
09:11 AM PST Tejal: link for label : _https://www.amazon.ca/returns/label/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx98f5b490xxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
09:12 AM PST Tejal: hope this ll work for you ?
09:13 AM PST Glenn: yes, I can see the label and will print it out, thanks.
09:13 AM PST Tejal: You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
09:13 AM PST Glenn: No, that is all. Thanks.
09:13 AM PST Tejal: You were talking to Tejal from Amazon Chat Services!
:-)
Please click on the "***End chat***” button at the upper right corner of this window.
09:13 AM PST Glenn: OK

Thank you.
Amazon.ca

Back
Top Bottom