The infrabed

Yes, that's some really good workmanship there. Sorry to hear that one of the modules broke. In any case, the timer looks like it's quite fit for purpose.

A real beautiful job. Congrats.

Just a tip about using it to reduce muscle soarness/speed up recovery and increased muscle mass, studies show that it's even more effective to do infrared/red light therapy on the muscles before the workout.

Very good work! And, cherry on the pie, it matches the wood floor. Beautiful:thup:

Fantastic job! It must take a great deal of skill to make a machine like that, so congratulations.

Have you ever considered the possibility of building more of these for sale? The only comparable equipment I am aware of are the whole-body beds such as Thor which can sell for up to $100,000. If you were to sell these at a much more affordable price (maybe $10,000), then more people would be willing to buy them and then this could bring in a significant source of income? I am not sure about the logistics of how you would transport them, or health and safety regulations etc. But it may be worthy of consideration for the future.

Great job, people! Looks robust and nice, and your health will surely enjoy the naps as well :-P

Awesome job guys, it looks really solid and professionally made! :thup: Enjoy using it!! :rockon:

Fantastic job! It must take a great deal of skill to make a machine like that, so congratulations.

Have you ever considered the possibility of building more of these for sale? The only comparable equipment I am aware of are the whole-body beds such as Thor which can sell for up to $100,000. If you were to sell these at a much more affordable price (maybe $10,000), then more people would be willing to buy them and then this could bring in a significant source of income? I am not sure about the logistics of how you would transport them, or health and safety regulations etc. But it may be worthy of consideration for the future.

The thought has crossed my mind. The good thing with at home projects is that you can compensate for mistakes/ unexpected challenges and still have a quality product. A professional piece really needs to have very minimal flaws. So for that, we'd need a handful of professional tools that can produce super precise cuts and pretty much perfectly squared pieces. I think those things are probably the main issues when it comes to woodworking. And the bigger the project, the more important these things become. Right now, I can get 'close enough' but not at the level for a high priced item. I think the $10k price tag is probably about correct, probably a bit more if some really nice hardwoods like mahogany, walnut or maple were used. As a comparison, you can see here that spas are willing to pay $20k+ for a custom-made heated salt bed (the 20k is just for the shipping!) So, maybe at some point!

I think that building the infra-beds for commercial purposes is probably out of the question at this point. However, helping other members in central locations to form groups and build their own for the use of members is not a bad idea.

I really have benefited from this type of therapy and consider it in the top five modalities I've tried and everybody here says pretty much the same. Yes, it's sometimes subtle, but sometimes it can have a dramatic effect.

Back
Top Bottom