The infrabed

I found the following Infrared Led for INFRABED.

DC12V SMD3528-300-IR InfraRed 850nm, 940nm IR LED Strip Lighting, 60LEDs 4.8W Per Meter LED Tape​

kindly let me know if it is good to go on with the project Infrabed?

I found the following Infrared Led for INFRABED.

DC12V SMD3528-300-IR InfraRed 850nm, 940nm IR LED Strip Lighting, 60LEDs 4.8W Per Meter LED Tape​

kindly let me know if it is good to go on with the project Infrabed?

Looks like those will work just fine!

This might not be the exact right place for this but I finally acquired a FIR sauna blanket yesterday and I would say I definitely am experiencing some detox symptoms after use like, headache, malaise. So does that go away with continued use? It's not that bad I can put up with it I'm just curious.

This might not be the exact right place for this but I finally acquired a FIR sauna blanket yesterday and I would say I definitely am experiencing some detox symptoms after use like, headache, malaise. So does that go away with continued use? It's not that bad I can put up with it I'm just curious.
As long as you are staying hydrated, I would assume it will get better. I do FIR blankets once a week and it tends to really tucker me out, but that's because the body is producing heat shock proteins, which is resource-intensive for the body. It's a real work-out as far as the body is concerned, so it helps to treat it as such. To ameliorate detox symptoms, I would recommend the salt loading protocol from "The Iodine Crisis." This also replenishes the body's electrolytes. Chlorella also helps chelate toxins and prevents re-absorption, if you wanna get fancy. :-)

The Salt Loading Protocol Iodine users often use the salt-loading protocol to clear bromide and many other detox symptoms. Salt has been used for over a hundred years by doctors to clear bromide symptoms. Dr. William Shevin presented his Salt Loading Protocol at the February 2007 Iodine conference:
• 1/2 teaspoon* unprocessed, unrefined salt dissolved in ½ cup warm water, then followed immediately with 12-16 oz pure water.
• Repeat in 30-45 minutes if needed. May repeat again until copious urination begins.
• Observe subjective response (usually within several hours).

Farrow, Lynne. The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life (p. 203). Devon Press. Kindle Edition.

I have been slow with making the infrabed, but have reached the stage of soldering leads to the LED strips. This is the tricky exciting part. Would @fabric or @Scottie or @Pierre or whomever did the soldering work for the French infrabeds have any tips on soldering these very tiny wires to the LED strips? thanks.merci

Last edited:
First, don't use a huge soldering gun - use a proper soldering iron for electronics. Doesn't have to be expensive.

Second, use solder with lead in it. It melts better. Just don't breathe in the lovely vapors!

Finally, use flux so that the solder melts into a nice blob on the LED strip pads.

After you do a few, you should get the hang of it pretty quickly!

First, don't use a huge soldering gun - use a proper soldering iron for electronics. Doesn't have to be expensive.

Second, use solder with lead in it. It melts better. Just don't breathe in the lovely vapors!

Finally, use flux so that the solder melts into a nice blob on the LED strip pads.

After you do a few, you should get the hang of it pretty quickly!
Yep! Thanks Scottie. I do have 2 soldering irons for electronics, one pistol like, and the other straight with a holder.
I've misplaced the documentation/label for the solder but I think it may have the flux in it although I'm not sure as it is very thin wire/solder. Flux with the solder is the way to go, unlike copper soldering where you can put the flux on the pipe before you solder it.
This pic1 is of the solder test LED (with protective clear plastic coating folded back to allow access to metal to solder to) with solder test wire.
LED_Solder_pic1.jpeg

This pic2 shows a bit of our setup with the straight soldering iron. I was using the clips and magnifying glass, but that proved to finicky and time consuming to set up.
LED_Solder_pic2.jpeg I am thinking that just resting the wire on the LED solder point, and soldering like that may work better than the clips and magnifying glass. I will look into buying more solder with internal flux. Or do you think it best to apply flux to the LED strip soldering point, and then solder? I've only done computer (mostly chip-board) soldering or pipe soldering, this is a bit different.
Thanks for any ideas/help!

What I ended up doing is laying the strip flat on the table. Then I'd bend the 2 stripped wires and put them down on the table so that the stripped wire ends were on the strip pads. I used 2 heavy objects to hold the strip and wires in place. That part is a bit tricky at first, but once you get a system down, it's pretty fast.

Then I'd do 2 quick blops of flux, then solder-solder, next!

The flux-core solder might work perfectly well, but I don't have any.

I do have lead-free solder, and I hate that stuff... It just doesn't melt or stick or flow very well.

In any case, it's gonna take quite a few hours to prepare and solder all those joints, and it's very tedious - but it can be done with a bit of patience and persistence (and probably some swearing at first). :lol:

What I ended up doing is laying the strip flat on the table. Then I'd bend the 2 stripped wires and put them down on the table so that the stripped wire ends were on the strip pads. I used 2 heavy objects to hold the strip and wires in place. That part is a bit tricky at first, but once you get a system down, it's pretty fast.

Then I'd do 2 quick blops of flux, then solder-solder, next!

The flux-core solder might work perfectly well, but I don't have any.

I do have lead-free solder, and I hate that stuff... It just doesn't melt or stick or flow very well.

In any case, it's gonna take quite a few hours to prepare and solder all those joints, and it's very tedious - but it can be done with a bit of patience and persistence (and probably some swearing at first). :lol:
Thanks for the input Scottie. I don't think my solder has lead, so I'll check lead solder and flux to continue the project.

What about so-called "infrared heating pads/mats"? I have seen several of these type of devices on Amazon and other health web sites. It looks like it uses far field infra lights, which shine up through a layer of amethyst rock. Does this rock block the infrared light, and absorb the energy, thus you're laying on basically hot rocks? And not getting the benefit of the infrared light?

Infrared mat on Amazon

A Word on Infrared Lamps
Many heating IR lamps (1500K) contain some red and NIR light, but since that is not the chief purpose of these devices a much smaller percentage of their power output is in the 630-680 and 800-880 nm therapeutic ranges - sometimes as low as 15%.
That's a good point.

A friend of mine was so kind as to lend me his infrared lamp, but it is in the IR-A and IR-B range, which is in the 700 up to 3000 nm range. If people opt for red light therapy they need to take a careful look at the products that are out there? I am now looking at a combo of red light and near infrared from a supplier in Europe that Keyhole recommended in his video in the Photobiomodulation/LowLevelLaserTherapy thread.

Hello Everyone,
It's been 2 years and yeah finally near completion of Infrabed. Let me know if any improvements needed, here are the details

Power supply 1 = 400w but in reality 198w
Power supply 2 = 60w but in reality 18w
35 rows bottom = 36 leds per 2 feet width = 1260 leds * 0.08w per led = 100.8w
35 rows top = 36 leds per 2 feet width = 1260 leds * 0.08w per led = 100.8w
Divided 70 rows in to 10 sections with 7 lines in each section
Power supply got 3 terminals for each terminal 5.5amp real output so every 3 sections connected to 1 terminal
each 2 feet line contains 36 leds
1 section contains 7 lines = 252 leds * 0.08w per led = 20.16w which means 3 sections = 20.16w * 3 = 60.48
so left out 10th section given to power supply 2
ring type connectors used to connect power supply
every section covered with 2amp fuse

each terminal need to be fused with 6amp fuse
connectors need to be fixed with their holders yet
need to make room dark with curtains
need to tag wires yet

used connectors to lessen the solder part except for led strip
no timer used yet
no covers used for power supply
no cover for wires except flex pipe from power supply to top
chains used for top to lift
each terminal need to be fused with 6amp fuse

Infrabed pictures are below

Attachments

• 20231009_145001.jpg
    20231009_145001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20231009_145006.jpg
    20231009_145006.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 20231009_145106.jpg
    20231009_145106.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20231002_151135.jpg
    20231002_151135.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
For anyone interested in Near Infrared Light Therapy, who doesn't have the time or skills to build their own device, I found a relatively affordable product on Alibaba:

850nm Near Infrared Red Light Therapy Belt LED Pad
22.27€ 65% OFF|850nm Nah infrarot Rotlicht therapie Gürtel Lumin other apie für Taille Rücken muskel Schmerz linderung Gesicht Körper Fat burner Abnehmen LED Pad| | - AliExpress

It has 60 LEDs 660nm + 60 LEDs 850nm
It comes with a remote with options for: Timer , Light modes, brightness
3 plug type: UK, EU, USA

I'd be interested to hear if you have any comments on that type of product. It seems to have good reviews.

A little update on my research.
I don't trust AliExpress or sellers on that platform. So I went on looking for similar items elsewhere. I found a lot of stuff on Amazon and some specialized companies selling overpriced equipment.

What I found is:
The item I posted from AliExpress comes at around 50$ CAD but has no warranty. So if anything happens, you lose your money... And for 50$, you can't expect anything of quality material, so it's a gamble.

On Amazon, there are more options, and some of those sellers offer a 12 or 24 month warranty. Plus it's easier to make claims with Amazon than AliExpress (I've had a bad experience with AliExpress in the past).

There is only 1 item that seems suitable and it's 100$ CAD:
Total of 120 LED diode containing 3 chips per diode : 120 x 660nm + 240 x 850nm
But the controller doesn't offer all the modes necessary, such as choosing which light frequency you want, or the pulse.
https://www.amazon.ca/Naviocean-Lig...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1#customerReviews

I read most of the reviews, and a recurring problem seems to be the unit overheating and/or LED dying prematurely.
I did some research on LED and it seems this problem is caused by cheap AC to DC conversion (from the power supply?) which causes LED to overheat and slowly burn out (they emit less and less light until they die completely).
But the company selling this item seems to respond swiftly and fairly replaces items under warranty.

I found a company located in the USA: HOOGA
They have 1 item reasonably priced at 100$ USD and it comes with 3 years warranty.
Red Light Therapy Belt with Adjustable Strap - Hooga

They are quite transparent in their description of specs:
Total of 120 LED diode containing 3 chips per diode : 120 x 660nm + 240 x 850nm
As high as 200mW/cm2 of irradiance
Their remote offer to choose from red, near infrared, or combination mode + pulse mode for a potentially enhanced cellular response.

I wrote them to ask if they could offer a discount, and I got 20% off.
When buying 2, you get free shipping in the US. (total of 160$ USD for 2 units)
For other countries, shipping will be more expensive + you will have to pay duties.

Back
Top Bottom