The Kybalion - Hermetic Philosophy

obyvatel said:
The whole text can be intellectually appealing - specially if someone has not encountered these principles before.
That's what I thought when I read it like 8 years ago, it gave me another perspective from the benevolent/punisher God from the Catholic religion, precisely from the concepts of “All and The All”, I supposed it helped me to detach myself from the Catholic God. Your comments are quite interesting and I do agree on what you had observed. I supposed it would be something similar with Urania's book? I did not get too far with that one. Having had a glimpse here at the forum with it, I think it won't be necessarily.

Read it more than 10 times in Spanish & English.

[background] To me it's like being in xtian boarding school that teached me to be arrogant. (giving them credit for learning courage, before them I couldn't even tell fast food employee what I wanted even when I was paying for it)

Only good thing that came from Kybalion was god stopped being a personal deity there for my wish list, whinnying like a baby, and trying to control the outcomes by prayer or bartering. Knowing that the power to change world/me is within me, it had made me an even bigger snob than I was with the xtians.

Frustrated, now I will have to go back and re-examine all beliefs formed from reading that book.

My recommendation would be not to read it but if you read it than go back re-read it to re-analyze your beliefs.

Xtian :mad: - referring to those who claim to be Christians, yet exemplify none of the qualities of Christ.

yikes above sounds so snarky because it's still a sore spot :cry: but I'm hitting post button anyway hoping that my mistakes will help someone avoid that rock or hole in their path.

Well, however, many of us started in Christianity, as we know, is also peppered with lies and truths. And were those sparks of truth which put me on the track that something was wrong. I stretched, and I did search and search until under the rocks, where sometimes a scorpion can sting you, but the risk is worth it, because without knowledge we are lost

Welcome to our forum Argonauta, actually, seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

This is one of the earliest "esoteric" books I read and it definitely had an impact on me. Like mabar and kokiri stated, it gave me a very different perspective of "God" - one closer to what we now call the "Cosmic Mind" here, and what The Kybalion calls the "All in ALL." I read this book when I was a senior in high school, and the ideas were quite new to me then, so they had that intellectual appeal mentioned by obyvatel here:
obyvatel said:
The whole text can be intellectually appealing - specially if someone has not encountered these principles before.
I was 18 at the time; I didn't stumble upon LKJ's work until I was 21. I think returning to this book and rereading it in the context of all of the new information I've acquired would be an interesting exercise. I found obyvatel's analysis of it insightful.

Back
Top Bottom