The Magnesium Miracle

987baz said:
I use Trace Minerals RESEARCH Mera-Mag (Natural ionic magnesium with trace minerals).

Ingretients : A high magnesium, low sodium concentrate from Utah' Inland Sea, the Great Salt Lake. Contains no added ingredients.

Thanks Goeman, how long have you been taking it and where do you get it from?

I take it occasionaly. I have buy it some time ago. I don't remember where. I think it was from a doctor's web site quoted at the and of Primal Body Primal Mind by Naur Guedgaudas.

I take it occasionaly. I have buy it some time ago. I don't remember where. I think it was from a doctor's web site quoted at the and of Primal Body Primal Mind by Naur Guedgaudas.

Thanks for the info, I have that book, I'll have a look and see what Nora recommended.

I have suffered with severe lower back pain due to sciatica for the past 30 years. After reading the magnesium information on this forum I started supplementing with oral magnesium which took care of my muscle cramps. I also ordered some magnesium chloride hexahydrate online to spray on my skin and my lower back pain is gone. I have to spray my back a couple times a day but it works great and also takes care of my restless leg syndrome. It really is a miracle.

memeontheroof said:
I have suffered with severe lower back pain due to sciatica for the past 30 years. After reading the magnesium information on this forum I started supplementing with oral magnesium which took care of my muscle cramps. I also ordered some magnesium chloride hexahydrate online to spray on my skin and my lower back pain is gone. I have to spray my back a couple times a day but it works great and also takes care of my restless leg syndrome. It really is a miracle.

That's good to hear memeontheroof!

I just got the following newsletter from Dr. Carolyn Dean regarding the importance of magnesium for bone health that might be interesting:

Magnesium Makes Better Bones

[...] 1. Calcium cannot build bones or prevent osteoporosis without adequate levels of magnesium. If our bones are made entirely from calcium, they become brittle and can shatter, just like a stick of chalk falling on the sidewalk. However, with the right percentage of magnesium, bone has the proper density and matrix that actually makes it flexible and more resistant to shattering.

2. Magnesium, along with vitamin K2, helps direct calcium to the bones, where it belongs.

3. In a 2013 study, Steven A. Abrams, MD, FAAP, professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, said, “Calcium is important, but, except for those children and adolescents with very low intakes, may not be more important than magnesium.”

Another 2013 paper tells us how “Magnesium Deficiency Results In An Increased Formation Of Osteoclasts.” The researchers agree with me that magnesium deficiency is common and leads to loss of bone mass, abnormal bone growth and skeletal weakness. They studied osteoclasts (in mice) – the cells that break down bone to help remodel it. Their data suggests that magnesium deficiency alters osteoclast numbers and activity and may contribute to the thinning bones.

It’s of note that osteoclasts are the target of bisphosphonate drugs like Fosamax. These drugs eliminate osteoclasts so that bone no longer breaks down; drug formulators assume that bone will stay stronger if it doesn’t break down but only builds up. However, they ignore the essential remodeling function of these cells. Without osteoclasts, bone cells keep building in a disorganized fashion and create more brittle bones. The fact that magnesium is important for osteoclasts to work properly makes me wonder if bisphosphonates are another set of drugs that target enzymes that require magnesium in order to function.

Of course, bone health requires more than magnesium, more than calcium and more than Vitamin K and Vitamin D (from Blue Ice Royal). Our bones require boron and a host of other minerals [...]

I'm reporting on a possible adverse reaction from taking "Natural Calm",ionic magnesium citrate powder from Natural Vitality. I switched to this brand recently and have only taken it twice. On both occasions taken just before bed, I wake in the middle of the night and have to sit up very fast to keep myself from vomiting. The first dose was the recommended one on the container of 2 tsp, 325 mg, dissolved in water and last night I upped this to 3 tsps. to work with the iodine protocol better.

Well, I'm taking it back to the store today for another type. I had been using TraceMinerals, liquid Magnesium citrate for some time with the good relaxing affects before bed for more then 6 months. Thought I'd try something different but this one isn't the best choice for me apparently.

Does anyone have insight on what this could be? thanks

SummerLite said:
I'm reporting on a possible adverse reaction from taking "Natural Calm",ionic magnesium citrate powder from Natural Vitality. I switched to this brand recently and have only taken it twice. On both occasions taken just before bed, I wake in the middle of the night and have to sit up very fast to keep myself from vomiting. The first dose was the recommended one on the container of 2 tsp, 325 mg, dissolved in water and last night I upped this to 3 tsps. to work with the iodine protocol better.

Well, I'm taking it back to the store today for another type. I had been using TraceMinerals, liquid Magnesium citrate for some time with the good relaxing affects before bed for more then 6 months. Thought I'd try something different but this one isn't the best choice for me apparently.

Are you using the plain version or one of those containing stevia? One of the side effects of stevia can be feelings of nausea.

See: _http://www.livestrong.com/article/368454-known-side-effects-of-stevia/

Thanks aleana for the link. I am using the flavored version, citrus with stevia. It never occurred to me it could be the stevia since I've taken this for may years with no issues. Although I haven't used stevia a lot, here and there as sweetener. hmmm. the other magnesium supplement I mentioned also has stevia leaf and no issues there.

Perhaps this is the answer. :)

SummerLite said:

I use this brand exactly. I get it from a local health store (Fiddleheads). Link for info : http://fiddleheadshealth.com/2015/10/15/stress-wreaks-havoc-on-life/

I also use the flavored version. Ive been taking it for about a year and a half, and have no problems unless I take more than 5000mg-6000mg a day - severe problems start at 10g (I normally have 3000-4000mg). Ive never had it wake me up in the middle of the night or give me nausea of any kind.

Just thought i'd put in my two cents here.

Hello to all!
I have a question to those in France: have you succeed to find glycinate magnesium in France?
The majority of Magnesium supplements are oxyd magnesium, which is the lowest effective form of Mg.
There is a supplement called "Magnevie", made of citrate Mg (more effective) but it contents additives as oxyde titane witch is carcinogenic.

What is the safest product you have found?

nature said:
Hello to all!
I have a question to those in France: have you succeed to find glycinate magnesium in France?
The majority of Magnesium supplements are oxyd magnesium, which is the lowest effective form of Mg.
There is a supplement called "Magnevie", made of citrate Mg (more effective) but it contents additives as oxyde titane witch is carcinogenic.

What is the safest product you have found?

You can order online, and they can ship to France too. For example this product.

Thank you, it seems to be a good product, as there is no additives (if they honestly say what the product really contains). However, I prefer not to pay online.

nature said:
Thank you, it seems to be a good product, as there is no additives (if they honestly say what the product really contains). However, I prefer not to pay online.

Perhaps you can purchase a pre-paid credit card to use for online purchases? This way, your personal credit card information remains secure and is not out there online.

Hey it's a good idea, Lilou! How ignorant I am! :zzz:
I'm going and see at the bank tomorow, and will order other products on the site recommended by Keit. Thanks to each of you 2.

I saw many banks: they say that this card is dedicated to young people (12-18y) and my child is younger :(

You can order a Netspend debit card online. Here's a link to their terms for you to review:

https://www.netspend.com/account/terms/030201_1-0.pdf

Back
Top Bottom