The Magnesium Miracle

Thanks for sharing your symptoms, Laura.

This certainly feels strange. I've been in quite poor condition the last few days, and no signs of this "dizziness" and phlegm ending. Last night, while awake, I had a very strong feeling of a big change taking place inside of me. Actually the first thought that popped in my mind was "OMG, the Wave has come, now it's here!" Maybe this is more sort of a "personal wave" of some kind sweeping me clean, dunno. And I've been having these dreams about huge space ships shaped like big drill machines (you know, those Black&Decker kind of portable drills) arriving making me feel certain of "somethings up". And also when I read in Wave vol. 3 about aligning with thought centers, I felt something shifting inside me - and that's ca 1.5 weeks ago. So, maybe there's some "DNA-change" involved here and the magnesium is boosting it somehow? :rolleyes:

Well, maybe I'm doing just wild speculations and mad ramblings here, nothing more ;)

Sorry, slightly off topic here...

Oh that's interesting cause I'm all plegmed up, too. I'm trying to take it easy at the moment thinking this is just a cold but it's a funny one. I feel fine, the nose is OK but my voice went nearly completely in the last two days and the throat flow just keeps on keeping on. The thought of some sort of detox taking place did cross my mind - I started to be strict about magnesium and wheat in the least couple of weeks.

But to be fair, I've also had to start taking ulcer medication recently (pantoprazole). I've been in a fair amount of pain for a long while and it wasn't really obvious what was wrong, even with all the tests. It's still not obvious but medication to lower stomach acidity seems to work - this is the other thing that changed recently...

Same problems here. I found this when searching for mercury and phlegm.

Medhelp forums said:
I have suffered from excess phlegm for 8 years now (from age 18 to present).

The current idea (from my ENT) is that i have post nasal drip caused by allergies which it may well be!

I have also had acid reflux which was corrected with operation (Nissen Fundoplication)and no longer a problem but phlegm still very bad!

I use sinus wash, nasal steroid spray (nasonex) and antihistamine (loratadine) every day (for last 6-12 mths) but they have no effect and i feel like they never will, if anything my phlegm is getting worse.

I have come across a website which say candida albicans can be the cause of problems (i also get white patches on my tongue which i always thought could be yeast infection)

_http://www.stopyeast.com/phlegm.html

I am interested in giving this a try if it is a realistic option

Anybody had any experience with this?

Reply said:
You could check out mercury toxicity.

It can cause candida in the body to get out of control. Usually the body can take care of candida, unless you eat a lot of sugar or had a lot of antibiotics.

Reply said:
You should investigate the possibility of mercury toxicity. It seems to fit your symptoms (in my opinion). I believe the body can take care of candida itself, unless you have a poor diet (lots of sugar and carbs). If you have mercury causing problems, it will prevent the body from dealing with the candida and cause other issues, some of which you describe.

Unfortunately only about 1% of the mainstream MDs/GPs will deal with this, so you might need to go towards complimentary medicine (NDs, etc.).

Strictly on candida only, if you don't have mercury, the diet should work, but its very strict and tough to follow and impossible to be social on.

I have a lot to say on this topic and have personal experience with this. Reply if you are interested and we can switch to email.

Here is a good info about someone's personal experience with mercury: _www.mercurylife.com. It is one of the best websites I have seen. It is informative and not quacky.

_http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/4463

Mercury life said:
Unfortunately, despite all of these drug and dental treatments, I never really achieved any great relief from my nasal/eye pain. It seemed to wax and wane, however. When it was at its worst, it was nearly unbearable. Who would have thought pain spanning a few inches across your eyes and the bridge of your nose could make you so miserable? Luckily, however, this is yet another problem that has predominantly disappeared since my mercury detox. A couple of mercury-related notes: first, I took those tetracycline-family antibiotics I've mentioned exactly three times. The first preceded my groin/leg/back pain by 12 days. The third preceded my back-pain explosion/start of narcotic pain-killers by 12 days. And the second course preceded the appearance of this eye/nasal pain by a few weeks as well, so the timing is particularly suspect.

Second, note this interesting description of "micromercurialism" (chronic intoxication from long-term exposure to low levels of mercury vapor) from the German professor A. Stock, who coined the term in the 1920's:

First degree micromercurialism results in lowered working capacity, increased fatigue, light nervous excitability ... in the second degree there is swelling of the nasal membranes, progressive weakening of memory, feelings of fear and loss of self-confidence, irritability, and headaches. Simultaneously there may be catarrhal symptoms and upper respiratory discomfort, changes in the mucous membranes of the mouth, bleeding gums. Sometimes there are feelings of coronary insufficiency, shivering, quickening pulse, and a tendency towards diarrhea. The third degree micromercurialism is characterized by symptoms approaching those of regular mercurialism ... headaches, general weakness, sleeplessness, decline in intellectual capacity, depression. Among other signs are tears, diarrhea, frequent urination, a feeling of pressure in the cardiac region and shivering.

Xray_skull_from_side_3I like this quote because so many of the symptoms described 80 years ago seem so familiar, like the reference to swollen nasal passages I highlighted. This symptom is not surprising if you think about it, as mercury vapor from dental amalgams only has to travel a few inches upward to reach the mucosa of the upper nasal cavity, and from there a few inches backward through spongy tissue to reach the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, the brain stem, and the brain in general.
_http://www.mercurylife.com/mercurylife/smorgasbord_of_other_problems/index.html

Posted in the thread on mercury as well.

A progress report from someone who is detoxing with the help of Pacific Northwest Foundation.

Pacific Northwest Foundation said:
Our mission is to research, analyze, publish and develop materials addressing the capacity of alternative healthcare to effectively alleviate physical and emotional maladies.

We believe that quality information is essential for improved health. To that end, we aspire to be a visible, valued, and trusted source of complementary health information. Additionally, we hope to help foster excellence in the field of complementary health sciences. By promoting achievement and leadership among professionals, we strive to enhance the quality of healthcare, education and research throughout the world.

Anna's report said:
July 98
During approximately the same time, I had mercury amalgam removed from tooth number 18 and a temporary bridge was put in (both made of Diamond Crown). Immediately following I experienced copious sinus drainage as well as after the ensuing pterygoid release. For roughly one week after this procedure, I experienced a body rash, especially on my lower extremities, increased sinus drainage, stabbing pains in my right parietal and occipital areas, and fatigue.

Aug 98
I also had increased sinus drainage and difficulty sleeping during this time, as well as headaches, difficulty thinking and chest tightness.

Dec 98
I had laser treatments for the area around tooth number 17 and bridge repair. Additionally, I received sanums for staph and mycobacterium. Three hours later the copious sinus drainage I had been experiencing ceased. Nevertheless, on the left side of my face some sinus drainage continued as well as swollen cervical lymph glands. That side of my face was also swollen, and I experienced periodic chest tightness, wheezing, amalgam rash and jaundice.

_http://www.pnf.org/html/case_studies.html

adam7117 said:
But to be fair, I've also had to start taking ulcer medication recently (pantoprazole). I've been in a fair amount of pain for a long while and it wasn't really obvious what was wrong, even with all the tests. It's still not obvious but medication to lower stomach acidity seems to work - this is the other thing that changed recently...

Hi Adam,

FWIW this cleanse is said to completely cure stomach ulcers and hyperacidity issues natural way.
___http://www.galaksija.com/planeta/Master_Cleanse.htm

It comes across as pretty extreme but it is entirely possible and not so difficult. I managed to last 10 days.
Never suffered from stomach ulcer so I cannot vouch for this, I can only vouch for the increase in overall energy level and boost of immune system and I would gladly recommend it to anyone.
If you decide to go for it, do not forget to wean yourself off the lemonade diet gradually, otherwise you might kill yourself.

The Master Cleanse has also been discussed here, 'corto maltese' (odd you would link to a forum that you've had so many severely negative things to say about over the years). But, anyway, here - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7745.msg55287#msg55287 is just one of the threads, and by searching more can be found, like this one as well - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5882.msg49021#msg49021.

And, as revealed in the 'diet and health' section, http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10573.0 - this thread goes into detail about how to cleanse your body and maintain an eating lifestyle that will get rid of most health issues, if not all. I, personally, no longer have asthma, allergies, joint pain, swelling, gastritis and several other ailments that were bothering me for years and years before the diet.

Considering that Adam says he is 'more strict' about removing wheat - wheat should have been the first to go, especially with stomach irritation. Dairy as well. If these threads in the diet and health section are read and implemented, you will likely find that no ulcer medication is necessary - at least, I'd not be at all surprised if that were the end result.

sure, just wanted to bring his attention to the fact that lemonade diet can nicely regulate hyperacidity in short period of time.

as far as this forum goes, I haven't changed my mind, the experience was very memorable, plus I've been bamboozled financially thanks to one of the forum moderators ;).

The link is not to the forum but to the complete text by Stanley Burroughs the author of the Master Cleanse diet, explaining in detail what Master Cleanse is and how it should be done. There is nothing else on this page, just the original text. As the matter of fact it is the only place on the net I was able to find with this text.
I had it for years in my bookmarks. I don't see any harm in sharing it, especially because the rest of the website is not in English. Its the matter of practicality and nothing else.

Hope this clarifies it for you Anart.

Okay, after my last (mad) post I've searched for a more "3d solution" :-[

This morning I finally feel that the phlegm is subsiding. After carefully thinking of my symptoms now and earlier I've come to the conclusion that I've had this mucus/phlegm in my system for decades! It's only now, due to detoxing and applying magnesium that it finally comes out.

A few "findings":

- I've always had a VERY sensitive nose; a strong taste or odor has always made me sneeze, and then I would notice the mucus-buildup in my sinuses making me blow my nose

- I feel that the phlegm originates from the throat and somehow this "layer" extends up to the nasal cavities. Maybe it's some sort of fungal infection partly due to dental amalgams (thank God I removed them last year!)

- The phlegm/mucus is associated with muscle tension in the neck and shoulders. Certain foods and especially alcohol (almost no consumption nowdays ;) ) makes me super tense in these areas of the body and leads up to excessive "sneezing".

I'm sorry I don't have any hard data to back these findings up. But FWIW, maybe someone can relate to these symptoms.

aragorn said:
- The phlegm/mucus is associated with muscle tension in the neck and shoulders. Certain foods and especially alcohol (almost no consumption nowdays ;) ) makes me super tense in these areas of the body and leads up to excessive "sneezing".

I'm sorry I don't have any hard data to back these findings up. But FWIW, maybe someone can relate to these symptoms.

i can relate. i've had the same problem, though perhaps not as severe... it usually seems to "flare up" when i'm eating foods high in starch, as well as with beer, especially heavy beers like stout, porter, etc...

what caught my eye was your mention of tension. i experience ungodly amounts of tension in my shoulders and neck. i've always associated this (inversely) with exercise and hydration, but had never made the connection between that and the phlegm/mucus... but after considering it, they do seem to occur in tandem a lot of the time....

Sorry, don't mean to post my "health diary" over here or something, but I just found this interesting:

The phlegm in my sinuses went almost completely away after a few days of not applying the magnesium chloride solution. Now, I started applying it again, mainly on my shoulders and neck, and yes - the phlegm is back, building up in my sinuses and making me dizzy!

So, I wonder, am I overdosing or something? :huh:

Interesting. I wonder if the phlegm is a detox reaction? Have you read "The Magnesium Miracle" and "Transderman Magnesium Therapy" by Mark Sircus?

Perhaps this is off-topic, but I am not certain.

I know, that the 'phlegm" mentioned was to the Magnesium reference
but, when I smoke, I get a lot of 'phlegm' as well, thinking that this
may also be a 'detox'? I am subjective of course, but I just wondered.

I also recall that when smoking, to take Vitamin C, so as to 'put it back in'
the "system", and I get back some energy, and often times, drinking
fresh Orange Juice does the same. I wonder if smoking also requires
that 'magnesium' should also be 'put back in' as well?

Again, just wondering and maybe I am comparing "apples with oranges"
but then maybe not?

Laura said:
I wonder if the phlegm is a detox reaction?

Haven't found much on the net, but the following is about detox symptoms in general, while I bolded the mention of phlegm.

from:_http://www.detoxbodydetox.com/body_detox_vertigo_effects.php

Vertigo Effects - Possible Reasons

Fever, slight excitement, energetic, unable to sleep: The body is burning excessive fats. A normal condition for fats turning into calorie.

Blackish excrement: Help to eliminate wastes that accumulated in the intestines for a long period of time.

Flatulence, uncomfortable in the chest: Gastric problem.

More pain on the wound: Gastric ulcer, rheumatism, excessive uric acid, migraine, nerve pain

Drowsy, weak hands and feet: Acidic constitution, bad liver function, too fatigue or response from overdose

Dizzy, weak, hungry: Low blood sugar, those with anemia at the time of body detox, the blood sugar level will lower to eliminate excessive fats

Put on weight: For those who are thin, their muscles grow when fats break down. For those who are plump, it may be caused by poor excretory function of the kidney.

Fever and sore throat: Those who possess these symptoms of illness.

Irregular menstrual cycle: Normal hormone regulatory phenomenon.

Running nose, frequent cough with more phlegm: For people with weak lung functions.

Slight soreness of the body: During the recovery period, the weaker parts of the body will have this reaction.

Nausea or irritation of stomach: It is because most of the people have difficulty in adapting to a new drinking habit after changing from the previous bad habit.

Dryness of throat and tongue, sticky faces, sweating: Excretion of body wate and toxin.

Pimples, increase in the number of acne,
itchiness, rash, increase in perspiration,
bad smell of urine: Elimination of toxin from the body. Weak liver functioning and allergy.

Slight swelling in the face and hand: For people with weak kidney function.

Running nose, frequent cough with more phlegm: Woman with anemia will have more phlegm.

Faeces with slight bleeding: Normal phenomenon to people with piles.

Constipation Indigestion: Too many wastes were left in the intestines, which cause constipation temporarily.

Swelling: Weak kidney function or there is blockage in the lymphatic passage while the body rejects the inflow of water from the cells will cause temporary swelling.

Stomach ach for Hepatitis B patient: Virus infected the liver, but after taking phytonutrient supplement, the body immune system will be enhanced. It will destroy the virus and regenerate new cells.

Feel drowsy at noon: Improper dietary habit will result in high acidic level of the body.

Increase in blood sugar level: The pancrease improves its function faster and reduces blood sugar level. The body will regulate itself, which cause blood sugar to rise sometimes.

Arthritis, high uric acid: If the immune system is enhanced, the white blood cells will eliminate the uric acid from the joints, it will cause pain.

No response: Congratulations! You are healthy or your health conditions have improved. Please continue to detox your body once a year or half yearly to maintain an optimum health.

My detox came to an end on Thursday and this had been one of my best so far. This was the first detox that came with serious healing reactions such as fever, bad cough, excessive elimination of mucus and phlegm. But it was also one which didn’t caused any hunger pangs even though I didn’t eat alot, other than 3-4 glasses of carrot+apple juice and some baked and steamed potatoes on occasional dinners.

I was feeling energized despite those healing reactions and I wasn’t bothered about abstaining from my regular diets at all. I lost 3 kg in total and my face is looking brighter and clearer. I am feeling refreshed and truly rejuvenated. (...)

from:_http://www.migunofgreenville.com/pdf/MoG%20Healing%20Reactions%20Brochure.pdf

Hidden diseases and illness are revealed during a healing reaction as the body undergoes the detoxification
process. Everyone experiences different healing reactions, and it is difficult to state who will go
through which symptoms and when.

REMEMBER:
DIFFERENT BODIES =
DIFFERENT REACTIONS.
(NOTE: These symptoms may occur several
times throughout the detoxification process.)
HEALING REACTIONS:
A SELF-DIAGNOSIS
The stronger your healing reaction
is, the better for your body. You
will undergo a more dramatic
healing effect by having these
reactions.

How the body is improving: Healing & Improvement reactions

Nervous system improvement .................‘Needle prick’ headache
Coronary improvement ........................... Dizziness, chest congestion,
pounding heart, facial redness
Bronchial or asthma improvement ..........Phlegm, dry throat
Cataract or glaucoma improvement ......... Prickly eyes, tears, fl oaters
Emphysema improvement .......................Bloody and/or runny nose
Improvement of diabetes .........................Body pain/fatigue
Intestinal improvement ........................... Diarrhea
Coronary improvement ..........................Fatigue, indiff erence, agitation
Spinal realignment ..................................Side aches, back pain
Liver improvement .................................. Fatigued/red spots
Kidney improvement ..............................Swelling of feet and hands,
urine discoloration
Gastric ulcer improvement ...................... Stomachache, vomiting, nausea
High blood pressure improvement ..........Temporary increase of blood
pressure, bloody nose
Low blood pressure improvement ............ Vomiting
General health improvement ................... Body ache without other
symptoms
Pancreatic improvement .......................... Loss of appetite
Skin condition improvement ...................Skin irritation
Uterus improvement ...............................Discharge of blood (female)
Improvement of arthritis .........................Pain in joints

So what this source is saying here is that increased phlegm production is a sign for bronchial or asthma improvement, i.e. cleaning of lungs.

I think it's quite logical that phlegm is a detox reaction. When we're having a cold or flu, there's so much phlegm involved, which is the body's medium to get rid of bacteria, virus and all other pathogens.
I've read somewhere, too, (have no source now) that production of phlegm is one way for the body to isolate toxins that enter the body (think for example of foods that induce production of phlegm, like dairy products).

aragorn said:
The phlegm in my sinuses went almost completely away after a few days of not applying the magnesium chloride solution. Now, I started applying it again, mainly on my shoulders and neck, and yes - the phlegm is back, building up in my sinuses and making me dizzy!
So, I wonder, am I overdosing or something?

Fwiw: Your observations here support the assumption of it being a detox symptom. As you can read in numerous sources: when you apply an effective healing agent to your body, the first reaction is a worsening of your symptoms. So no need to worry about overdosing, osit. Although this depends on you and how extreme or mild you would like your detox to be, which would mean adaption concerning doses, yes. - Still, the building up of phlegm is a sign of healing, osit.

Here's something about the healing crisis (in case, it shouldn't be in this thread, let me know and I'll delete it - as healing crises have been mentioned in other threads, too)

The Healing Crisis
AKA:
Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (JHR), Jarisch- Herxheimer (J-H) , The Herxheimer Reaction, The Herxheimer Effect, Lucio's Phenomena, The Healing Crisis, The "die-off”, Herx, The Cleansing Reaction, The Detox Reaction

“You have to get worse, before you get better”

Post remedial massage clients report periodic aggravation of their symptoms as an apparent direct response to their remedial massage treatment. In other words, these clients say that their treatment makes them feel much worse before they experience they feel better.

This phenomenon is known as the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (JHR). JHR is believed to be caused when injured or dead bacteria release their endotoxins into blood and tissues faster than the body can comfortably handle it (1,2). This provokes a sudden and exaggerated inflammatory response and is associated with the systemic appearance of cytokines. Cytokines are a category of signalling proteins and glycoproteins, which, like hormones and neurotransmitters, are used extensively in cellular communication. While hormones are secreted from specific organs to the blood and neurotransmitters are related to neural activity, the cytokines are a more diverse class of compounds in terms of origin and purpose. They are produced by a wide variety of haematopoietic and non-haematopoietic cell types and can have effects on both nearby cells or throughout the organism, sometimes strongly dependent on the presence of other chemicals. The cytokine family consists mainly of smaller, water-soluble proteins and glycoproteins. “The JHR is an elegant model of the human cytokine cascade in events resembling sepsis…” (3).

Cause

JHR is your body's reaction to the release, mobilisation and over abundance of dead or dying bacteria, fungus, cell particles, antigens, yeast and viruses as a result of your treatment. This reaction is NOT COUNTERPRODUCTIVE or a COUNTER ACTION of the process. It is your body telling you to flush it more quickly.

The more toxic one's body is, the more severe the detoxification, or healing crisis. When the body tries to eliminate toxins at a faster rate than it actually can manage, you may actually feel worse and therefore conclude that the treatment is not working. It is characterized by a temporary increase in symptoms during the cleansing or detoxification process which may be mild or severe. But these reactions are instead signs that the treatment is working and that your body is going through the process of cleaning itself of impurities, toxins and imbalances.

Such reactions are temporary and can occur immediately or within several days of a remedial massage. Symptoms usually pass within one to three days but on very rare occasions can last several weeks. In any case, a cleansing & purifying process is underway, and stored wastes are in a free-flowing state. The healing crisis is the result of every body-system, in concert, working to eliminate waste products through all elimination channels and set the stage for regeneration.

JHR has shown an increase in inflammatory cytokines during the period of exacerbation, including tumour necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 (4,5)

Endotoxins, not to be confused with enterotoxin, are potentially toxic, natural compounds found inside pathogens such as bacteria. Classically, an "endotoxin" is a toxin, which unlike an "exotoxin", is not secreted in soluble form by live bacteria, but is a structural component in the bacteria which is released mainly when bacteria are lysed, which refers to the death of a cell by breaking of the cellular membrane.

The good news is that the JHR is thought to indicate that the treatment is indeed working and that following each worsening may bring about more improvement. However the lack of JHR should not cause anxiety if symptoms are improving. The more bacteria present and the stronger the symptoms and reaction.

Symptom intensifiers

Two common sources are a remedial massage following a period, possibly long term, of decreased the blood flow, which allows the toxins to accumulate and the other a period of increased the die off of parasites.

Other factors which may increase the probability of JHR are;

• Anxiety, fear and worry,
• Hormonal imbalances,
• Enzymes, pancreatin, bromelain, etc.,
• Clotting agents, heavy foods,
• Chronic illnesses,
• High doses of vitamins,
• Excessive exercise,
• Fatigue, tiredness, exhaustion,
• Exposure to cold temperatures,
• Air pollution,
• Anti-virals,
• Anti-bacterials,
• Anti-fungals,
• Anti-parasitics.

Symptoms

The healing crisis will usually bring about past conditions in whatever order the body is capable of handling at that time. People often forget the diseases or injuries they have had in the past, but are usually reminded during the crisis. There are a wide variety of reactions that may manifest during a healing crisis, the most common ones include:

• Fatigue or restlessness,
• Diarrhoea,
• Cramps,
• Arthritic flair up,
• Insomnia,
• Frequent urination and/or urinary tract discharges,
• Skin eruptions, including: boils, hives, and rashes.
• Headaches or migraines,
• Ringing in the ears,
• Mental dullness and disorientation,
• Cold or flu-like symptoms,
• Nausea,
• Swollen glands,
• Constipation, diarrhoea, or bloating,
• Myalgia increased joint or muscle pain,
• Elevated heart rate,
• Chills, cold extremities,
• Itching, scratching,
• Unusual perspiration,
• Fever (usually low grade) and/or chills,
• Hypotension (low blood pressure),
• Sinus congestion,
• Itching, hives and rash (sometimes assumed to be an allergic reaction),
• Emotions swings: anger, despair, sadness, fear, anxiety etc.,
• Suppressed memories arise.

Easing Your Way through the Healing Crisis:

Drink plenty of water, juices and herbal teas to flush the body of toxins. If you find water unpleasant then add favour to it, such as sliced lemons or cordial. Some professionals recommend distilled water as the best. Drink from 2 to 4 litres per day. This will help flush the toxins out of your system and speed along the detoxification.

If you are feeling fatigued, or sleepy, your body is talking to you and telling you to rest. Be kind to yourself and get the rest that you need and sleep.

Symptoms frequently disappear immediately after a good bowel movement.

More concerning alleviation of detox reactions:

from:_http://www.wingsofhealth.com/index.php?pr=Detoxification

Things to do if you experience a detox reaction:

Drink several glasses of pure water
Have a colonic or administer an enema
Go for a walk, breath deep pure air
If you are used to exercising, consider increasing your heart rate. Create a sweat. Do not over tax your body
Take a nap
Get a massage, or do your dry skin brushing
Make sure all the elimination channels are open!
Relax, and remember that the body is healing
Use Essential Support Blends!

Ask your Wellness Consultants about;
Enemas, Colemas, Colonics,
Aerobic oxygen supplementation,
Olive Oil Extract,
Charcoal tablets,
Hydrogen peroxide,
Diatomaceous earth,
Bentonite clay,
Liver/gall bladder cleanses,
Infrared Hot House treatment.

Common Sense;
Encourage perspiration and excretion by;
Drinking plenty of water, favoured if you dislike the taste,
Exfoliating,
Spit out any phlegm,
Blow your nose rather than sniffing,
Steam Baths,
Dry Saunas,
Hot Baths,
Hot Tubs,
Relaxation techniques, such as yoga and meditation,
Stretching,
Sleeping.

Oh yes, I could recognize many of the detoxing symptoms listed! To name a few I've had: sore throat, dryness of the mouth, feeling feverish, loosing weight and occasional extreme hunger. One of the more persistent is also the muscle aches of all sorts. Now, I never been diagnosed with bronchial or asthma, but who knows. The last month or so I haven't been "detoxing" in any other ways than applying the magnesium and regular sauna (mild temp -> lot of sweating), not taking so much supplements. I've read The Magnesium Miracle, but I don't recall there being any descriptions of possible detox reactions. I'll check it out again for possible clues.

Another interesting detail: A few days ago I went to see an acupuncturist to get some relief, mainly for the pressure building up in my sinuses. Besides of it helping a bit the analysis of my condition by the Chinese practitioner was interesting. She said, that there was excessive fluid build up in my muscles, and that the extra fluid caused the manifestation of flu like symptoms. I didn't quite understand if she meant that the fluid caused symptoms or that it made me more subject to a "normal flu". So, I'm just teorizing: maybe the build up of fluid in the muscles (assuming her diagnose was correct) is the way or "the tool" that the body uses to flush the toxins out of the body? Maybe the magnesium alone is capable of doing this, who knows...? Or is this fluid building up because the toxins don't get out of the body properly?

One clue that it could be the latter is, that the acupuncturist gave me a herb called 'Fang Feng Tong Shen Wan' that, in her saying, was supposed to remove the extra fluid from my muscles and cure me. Now a quick glance of what this herb does indicates the following:
relieving exterior syndrome, removing obstruction due to interior syndrome, and clearing away heat and toxic materials. Use for wind-heat in the exterior and dampness-heat in the interior, marked by excess of both interior and exterior, manifested as chillness, high fever, headache, dry throat, constipation, dark urine, or the primary symptoms of boils, eczema and itching.

So, maybe this herb could be useful. I'll have to look into it in more detail. BTW, the Coffey enema has been a GREAT help in this health crisis of mine!

Back
Top Bottom