The Politics of Climate Change: Green New Deal And Other Madness

Again, I thought it was a Babylon Bee article, yet it isn´t 🤣

While reading a different article that addressed this bizarre "climate" piece in the New York Times, I was directed to this link by someone who left a comment under it,

Getting back to the beginning, the reason the FBI and other institutions are bending the knee to this new religion is the people running these organizations either believe this stuff or want to believe it for social reasons. Even if the true believers are just twenty percent, they have become the standard against which members ( all <--- my insert ) are judged. That means your facts and logic are, at best, pointless noise to them. At worse, reason is viewed as a grave personal threat.

I highly recommend read it .
The author does an excellent job of explaining what may be happening in Society on various issues such as gender, climate, health, education, etc. It is my belief that part of this process is steered from above giving it direction/goals, while there is a large component which runs without any control as it is steered by man's innate automatic programming (human nature).
See what you think.

This link was given in the above article,

The above in turn directed me to this incredible tweet,

Did you know ADL trains every new FBI agent on their role as protectors of the American people and the Constitution?

Greta Thunberg arrested at German coal mine protest, will be freed later, police say​

• Climate campaigner Greta Thunberg was detained with other activists during protests against the demolition of the German coal village of Luetzerath.
  • The Swedish activist was held while protesting at the opencast coal mine of Garzweiler 2, where she sat with a group of protesters near the edge of the mine.
  • The entire group will be released later in the day, according to police.
107179692-1673981831471-gettyimages-1246302448-20090101230117-99-254695.jpeg

Everything is staged and part of the show.

"Electrify Everything!!" they said...⚡

Electric car battery maker Britishvolt has collapsed into administration after talks about a rescue bid from several investors failed. The majority of its 300 staff were made redundant with immediate effect yesterday.

Britishvolt: Disgust and dismay in Blyth as company collapses

Britishvolt Site.png

By Luke Walton, BBC North East & Cumbria political correspondent

Britishvolt's plans were hailed by former prime minister Boris Johnson as a key part of a "green industrial revolution".
Kwasi Kwarteng, his business secretary, said the promise of a huge factory in an ex-mining community in Northumberland proved Conservatives were "reindustrialising" the north.

Now, in the view of the government's critics, the project's collapse represents a devastating blow to the "levelling up" agenda.

The gigafactory would have been close to the Blyth Valley constituency, a Conservative "red wall" gain from Labour in 2019.
Its MP Ian Levy says he will work "tirelessly with the government and the council to attract potential investors to the site", but Wansbeck Labour MP Ian Lavery, whose seat includes the factory site, accuses ministers of failing to support Britishvolt with the investment needed.

The wider picture is not all doom and gloom.
Blyth's flourishing wind turbine industry and some other hi-tech engineering employers had already created some optimism.
But the area includes pockets of severe deprivation, and local people have been left disappointed and bitter about today's developments.

What happens next could have political as well as economic consequences in an electorally volatile corner of the North East.

The Unite union described Britishvolt's collapse as "a grim day for the North East".

Its national officer for the automotive sector, Steve Bush, said: "It is extraordinary that despite the UK automotive sector being required to move to the production of electric vehicles, there are still no UK stand-alone factories making the batteries that are required.

"The demise of Britishvolt means there are not even any in the pipeline. The government's strategy seems to be to cross their fingers and hope that everything will be OK.

"The workers are frankly enraged at this dreadful and total abdication of leadership"

However, the Conservative MP for Blyth Valley, Ian Levy, believes the fight for a gigaplant at the site in Blyth should go on.
"It has all the necessary infrastructure, and a workforce who are ready to go. We need this to happen," he said.

When asked whether he wished the government had been more forthcoming with support, Mr Levy replied: "It's taxpayers' money. We have got to make sure any project hits all the right markers [to receive funding].
"The government has to do its due diligence."

When asked what markers Britishvolt had missed he said "That is between Britishvolt and the government."

The £3.8bn gigafactory project had been delayed several times and had struggled to cope with rising costs.
Last year, Britishvolt narrowly avoided going into administration after running out of money, before existing investors stepped in with extra support.

Experts have said gigafactories will be vital for the future of the British car industry, as petrol and diesel-powered vehicles are phased out.

Only one other such factory is under construction in the UK. It is being build by Chinese firm Envision adjacent to Nissan's car plant in Sunderland.

Britishvolt current site.png

I noticed this article connected to the story - from last year (Nov 2022):

Musk may have eyes on UK's first gigafactory despite Britishvolt ruling out takeover

The world's richest man and Tesla boss Elon Musk could be tempted to swoop in with an offer to buy the plot of land pinpointed for Britain's first gigafactory - a site producing batteries for electric vehicles on-scale. That's according to an an industry source who exclusively spoke to Express.co.uk but wished to remain anonymous. The 3.8 million plant, set for Blyth in Northumberland, appeared to be on the brink of collapse just last week after reportedly failing to secure a £100 million advance on pre-promised Government funding. But a silent investor is said to have saved the company from the edge with a cash injection.

Despite the gigafactory's future being somewhat secured for now, the world's richest man may be keeping tabs on its movements. Mr Musk has previously signalled his interest in setting up a gigafactory in Britain in a move that could bring a huge boost to the UK's EV market.

Given the soaring interest in one of Europe's best potential sites for a gigafactory in recent weeks, the Tesla CEO may once again turn his head towards the UK.
[...]
"If you have got the crown jewels for a gigafactory, it is inevitable that companies will be looking to buy it. It is understood in the market that, since the depreciation of the pound and the dollar, US private equity is starting to look at the business and various technology."
[...]
Ben Kilbey, Britishvolt director of communications, told Express.co.uk: “Company policy is to never respond to market speculation. What is factually correct is that we have the best Gigasite in the UK, and possibly Europe, and for that very reason there will always be interest in the plot.

"It’s like having the best house on the street, getting constant attention. We remain determined and resolute to deliver the Britishvolt Gigaplant for the people of Northumberland and indeed the people of the UK.

"Now is not the time to be second-guessing the energy transition, now is time for private/public sectors to unite and ensure a clean air future for all and the employment of the future.”
[...]
Mr Kilbey told Express.co.uk last week: "The cash injection allows us to bridge to larger, more strategic investments to ensure the successful delivery of a domestic UK battery cell industry. There is an outpouring of support (for Britishvolt) from the general public and private industry, more and more investors are coming forward on the back of the recent news as they see the strength of our business and our technology."

And while Birtishvolt may not want Mr Musk infringing on its own plot of land, Mr Kilbey has previously told Express.co.uk that he would welcome Tesla into the market, should the EV giant wish to enter the UK's gigafactory landscape. He said: “Tesla coming to the UK would be a huge boost for the country and its roadmap for electrification. If we look at recent intelligence from the Faraday Institution, the UK will need around 100GWh [200GWh by 2040] of battery output in the UK by 2030 to satisfy demand.

“A brand like Tesla coming to the UK would boost employment and show the world that the country is open for business post-Brexit. Britishvolt would love to see companies such as Tesla joining the race to build UK Gigaplants. At full capacity, Britishvolt will deliver around 40GWh, towards the end of the decade. That means there’s another 60GWh [by 2030] of capacity required.”

And this from SkyNews:

Britishvolt collapse should spark debate on whether it was actually needed

Sky's Ian King writes that for all the talk that the company was a crucial cog in our electric vehicle future, there are doubts on whether there was sufficient domestic demand in the first place.
[...]
Britishvolt has been seemingly cursed from the off.

Its co-founder, Lars Carlstrom, left the company nearly three years ago after it emerged he had been convicted for tax offenses in his native Sweden. There was then confusion when the company announced its factory would not be in Bridgend in south Wales, as originally intended, but at Cambois near Blyth, in Northumberland, where it had been offered more attractive financial incentives to locate.

In the meantime, the company continued to rack up costs, with the monthly salary bill for its 300 employees reported to be £3m.

Britishvolt then pushed back the planned start date for production to 2025, blaming Russia's invasion of Ukraine for pushing up costs, while a request for government support was made. It later emerged that management had put the company on what was described as 'life support' in July.

Then, in August last year, Mr Carlstrom's co-founder, Orral Nadjari, unexpectedly resigned.

The Guardian newspaper subsequently reported details of his extravagant spending, revealing that the company had leased a seven bedroom £2.8m mansion with a swimming pool and jacuzzi for executives, as well as hiring a Dubai-based fitness instructor to conduct yoga classes for staff remotely.

(Ha ha, these people sure know how to run a business 😂 or launder money...)

Lack of firm supply deals with carmakers

Graham Hoare, the respected former head of Ford of Britain, was hired in his place as an interim chief executive and, in November, the company secured an emergency lifeline from Glencore, the commodities trading and mining giant, which was one of its shareholders.

But at the heart of its problems was that it had never signed firm supply deals with carmakers sufficient to guarantee future revenues of the kind that potential investors would have wanted to see.

All it had were preliminary agreements with two luxury carmakers, Aston Martin and Lotus, to design batteries for their EVs.

(Who funds a business using taxpayer money on this premise??)

The bigger questions and concerns

Perhaps the bigger question - and concern - is how many car manufacturers will be in need of British-made EV batteries come the end of the decade.

Honda has already closed its plant at Swindon in Wiltshire while Stellantis, the Fiat, Peugeot and Citroen combine, is ending volume car production at Ellesmere Port in Cheshire and converting production there to electric vans and cars whose battery cells will be sourced on mainland Europe.

Mini's owner, BMW, has confirmed the next generation of the model's electric version will be built not at Cowley in Oxfordshire but in China. And it is not yet clear from where the luxury British carmakers Rolls-Royce and Bentley, respectively owned by BMW and Volkswagen, intend to source their batteries as they switch to EV production. Nor are Toyota's intentions clear for its site at Burnaston in Derbyshire.

The biggest question of all concerns Jaguar Land Rover which, it seems, is likely to be relying on European production for at least some of the batteries powering its UK-built vehicles.

So perhaps the bigger worry is not the lack of gigafactories but whether they will actually be needed amid declining output from British-based volume car producers."

Perhaps the bigger question - and concern - is how many car manufacturers will be in need of British-made EV batteries come the end of the decade.

Sometimes it all seems like a sideshow pushing people along while waiting until the shoe drops. I mean, to use one of their WEF words, none of this is 'sustainable' and people at the top have to be blind not to know it.

Yeah, and they slipped in the blame Putin card, too. How predictable.

Alas, 300 staff though, that has ripple effects.

Greta Thunberg arrested at German coal mine protest, will be freed later, police say
or
Greta Thunberg arrested photo-op at German coal mine protest;-D

No, no, no you guys, we've got it all wrong! I just listened to this clip by Al Gore and we're actually boiling the oceans with our C02 which is equivalent of SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND HIROSHIMA CLASS ATOMIC BOMBS PER DAY. And omg did you know that C02 is the secret reason for xenophobia and authoritarianism, too, because climate change will create 1 billion refugees like, real soon? I don't know about you, but I really liked how he uses the tactic of loudness and also the body language of a frustrated rooster to really get his point across.

Greta Thunberg arrested at German coal mine protest, will be freed later, police say
The gig is up on Greta's performance.

LOL!
"I wouldn't suggest buying an electric car...it's a rip off...check the EMF emissions, it's off the charts...it's a silent killing machine."
I've always wondered what the effects (of that kind of stored energy), have on the human body's health or electrical system.

And so I search, Et voila!
Friday, December 30, 2022, Director Joel M. Moskowitz, Ph.D.

David "basically we are all fruit flies" Suzuki, has come out against gas stoves, which is no surprise being the AGW Pied Piper in Canada for the Green PTB.

For those with really no clue who David is, his background was in genetics (yes fruit flies) and he had hosted a Canadian national science show called the Nature of Things - it was very popular. I admit to being a viewer at one time before he got onto the Gore climate bus and entered philanthropy. Thereafter, David has been very useful and influential since Rio earth summit of 92 (Maurice Strong gig) going forward with the AGW narrative.

Noted, though, I've been sympathetic to the Suzuki family in history, as they were unwilling prisoners in a Canadian Japanese interment camp in Canada during WWII (Slocan Valley, BC). Unfortunately, David somehow lost his way and went for the climate gold and also picked up a few houses along the way forgetting about his cherished C02 footprint.

Followed up in this article, also sees NY Gov. Hochul's next round on the AGW stupid train, with her war against gas stoves, gas hot water heaters and oil furnaces (must be a mistake as she says noting about gas furnaces):

A note on the WEF, and speaking of Japanese citizens, here is nice little addition to the independent media by the name of Masako Ganaha.

Masako Ganaha, working alone in Davos, was the only journalist able to catch the World Economic Forum leader Klaus Schwab outside of a restaurant and ask him some important questions.

Klaus "showed his contempt" to Mosako as soon as he heard the word independent. Good for her!

Lastly, which many here know as the Grandfather of the AGW movement, a Rockefeller front man (on the Board of Trustees), the IPPC's main guard, the founder of the WEF - as Klaus himself states, was Maurice Strong himself:
He was my mentor since the creation of the Forum: a great friend; an indispensable advisor; and, for many years, a member of our Foundation Board. Without him, the Forum would not have achieved its present significance.

Here is Strong speaking 51-years ago (1972) - hinting eugenics:

I happened to catch this clip from a recent Joe Rogan episode last night talking to a fellow named Forrest Galante, an international wildlife adventurer, conservationist, and author. In this clip they discuss a company called Colossal Biosciences, described as a de-extinction company, that has the intent of using CRISPR gene editing to re-create the woolly mammoth.

Forrest describes in the video that Colossal is combining Indian elephant DNA with woolly mammoth DNA to create an embryo that they will implant into an Indian elephant for gestation. Their plan is to breed 100 woolly mammoths in this way and re-locate them to a park in Siberia where they will supposedly offset global carbon emissions by stomping around on the permafrost covered ground.

This sounded absolutely ridiculous to me when I heard it. I can't help but wonder what could this possibly be a cover for as there is no way that their stated objective has any basis in reality. OSIT Here is a link to Colossal's website describing their mission to revive a number of extinct flora and fauna species restoring balance to Earth's eco systems.

Here is an excerpt:
"The science of de-extinction finds peak application through the processes of reintroduction and revitalization - known as rewilding. The concept is simple: return extinct animals to their original habitats so they can begin reversing the detrimental effects of climate damage. Thus, by leveraging genetic engineering, Colossal will be able to rewild vital landscapes, ending the threat of extinction faced by many species currently in existence, having a positive net effect on carbon offset, and supporting the local economies dependent on the targeted, affected habitats.

In the case of the cold-tolerant elephant mammoth hybrid specifically, rewilding equates to the reintroduction of a large cold-tolerant mammal grazer to the tundra regions of the Earth. By stirring up the ice-locked surfaces of the landscape, stomping out thin, low-oxygen trees, and exposing healthy, carbon-trapping grasses, Mammoth populations will begin immediately restoring the tundra’s role as a climate protector and balancer of greenhouse gases."

Visiting their wikipedia page I was not surprised that they seem to have the approval of the World Economic Forum:
"In 2022, Colossal was listed as one of the World Economic Forum’s Technology Pioneers and was named Genomics Innovation of the Year by the BioTech Breakthrough Awards.[28][29]"

I can only speculate as to what may really be going on here, but it may be worth keeping an eye on it. Maybe they are planning on resurrecting an army of saber tooth tigers and unleashing them on an unwitting public as part of their depopulation efforts. :rotfl:

Last edited:
"In the case of the cold-tolerant elephant mammoth hybrid specifically, rewilding equates to the reintroduction of a large cold-tolerant mammal grazer to the tundra regions of the Earth."

Good luck with the project! :lol: Mammoths were not polar creatures end did not live in a cold environment nor in an arctic climate:

mammoth remains are usually found piled up with other animals, like tiger, antelope, camel, horse, reindeer, giant beaver, giant ox, musk sheep, musk ox, donkey, badger, ibex, woolly rhinoceros, fox, giant bison, lynx, leopard, wolverine, hare, lion, elk, giant wolf, ground squirrel, cave hyena, bear, and many types of birds. Most of those animals could not survive the arctic climate.
See the last @Pierre's book, Cometary Encounters, Part I.

Colombia's Energy Minister Irene Vélez spoke at Davos this week confirming that the country will stop granting new oil and gas exploration contracts, a move that in the long-run would reduce exports and eventually lead to country lose its self-sufficiency status and be forced to import energy from abroad.

Last year, the newly elected far-left government under President Petro also passed a law imposing higher taxes on oil, coal and gas industries in the name of environmental justice.

‘Economic Suicide’: Colombia Tells Davos It Will Stop Oil and Gas Exploration Contracts

Energy Minister Irene Vélez of Colombia confirmed on Thursday that the South American nation will stop awarding new oil and gas exploration contracts, a decision that she described as “absolutely urgent.”

Vélez made her announcement at the gathering of the World Economic Forum in Davos, during a panel titled “The Different Roads to Energy Transition.” The Colombian minister’s statement follows far-left President Gustavo Petro proposing at the same venue to “decarbonize capitalism” to “prevent the planet’s extinction.”

“We decided that we are not going to grant new gas and oil exploration contracts,” Minister Vélez said, adding, “importers of coal will no longer be importing very soon.”

“This has, of course, been very controversial at the national level, but for us it is a clear sign of our commitment to the fight against climate change,” Vélez continued. “We know that this decision, which is a planetary decision, is absolutely urgent.”

Mere days after assuming office, Petro’s far-left government — the first in the nation’s history — expressed its intention of halting all new contracts for natural gas exploration and production in the name of “environmental justice,” which would effectively end Colombia’s self-sufficiency in the pursuit of “green” energies. At the time, Vélez suggested that, should his policies result in natural gas shortages, Petro would buy the fossil fuel from the neighboring socialist regime of Venezuela.

Despite oil and coal being some of Colombia’s top exports, Petro, a former member of the Marxist M19 guerrilla, has continuously waged a fierce campaign against them, going as far as to claim that they are “more poisonous” than cocaine in several opportunities. Petro promoted cocaine, dismissing its toxic properties, during his first U.N. General Assembly speech in September 2022.

Petro’s government has also slammed Colombia’s oil, coal, and gas industries with higher taxes as part of his ambitious tax reform, approved by Colombia’s Congress in November.

Petro stood by minister Vélez’s statements this week, expressing at Davos that “part of what we have come here to do specifically has to do with replacing the Colombian export matrix.”

The far-left president also claimed that Colombia will bet on tourism to fill the void in revenue that suspending oil and gas contracts would generate.

“Basically, it has to do with tourism and export of clean energy,” Petro said. “We are convinced that a strong investment in tourism, given the beauty of the country, and in the capacity and potential that the country has in clean energy generation could perfectly, in a short term, or in a transition, fill the gaps that the fossil economy can leave, on which we depended.”

Upon his arrival in France, Petro ensured that current active oil and gas contracts would remain active.

The energy minister’s statements instantly drew a barrage of criticism from Colombia’s politicians. Petro’s predecessor, Iván Duque, reacted to the announcement by describing it as an “economic suicide.”

“It simply means a kind of economic and social suicide,” Duque said. He noted that oil and gas represent 40 percent of Colombia’s exports and 30 percent of foreign investment.

“They are one of the main sources of market capitalization in our stock market and it is one of the main sources of foreign currency for our economy, and there are no products that can replace such a weight in the short and medium term,” Duque explained.

“If exploration stops, the message we are giving investors around the world is that Colombia’s main source of income is going to disappear and that is going to generate uncertainty, concern, and a large outflow of capital from our country. It is necessary to prevent these messages from being given, because they are wrong messages and have nothing to do with the energy transition,” the former president concluded.

The Colombian Association of Oil and Gas (ACP) also reacted to the minister’s statements by warning that Colombia could become impoverished without new oil exploitation contracts.

“The hydrocarbon industry is essential for the economic stability of the country, national financing and that of the departments and municipalities,” Francisco Lloreda, ACP’s president stated. “About 40 percent of exports depend on this sector, 20 percent of the nation’s tax revenue and 76 percent of royalties.”

Lloreda, through his Twitter account, noted that, while Vélez and Petro denounced oil and gas, Felipe Bayón, the president of the Colombia’s state-owned Ecopetrol oil company, stood in defense of the use of hydrocarbons at Davos. Bayón contradicted Vélez, affirming that Colombia should continue exploring and producing oil and gas.

“Who understands the government? While the President of Ecopetrol affirmed in Davos, Switzerland, that the country must continue exploring and producing oil and gas, in line with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Energy says that there will be no new exploration contracts. So, in the end, what?” he wrote.

Federico Gutiérrez, a conservative candidate who lost against Petro in the first round of the 2022 presidential election, described both Petro and Vélez as “irresponsible.”

“The irresponsibility of the Petro government and its Minister of Mines and Energy has no limits,” Gutiérrez wrote on Twitter. “They condemn Colombia to have to import gas from Venezuela. They condemn the poorest to pay more for gas and fuel. Energy transition yes, but in a responsible way.”

Back
Top Bottom