The power of addiction and the addiction of power

Turgon said:
In his Book, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts he does make mentions about some differences between the few seemingly sociopathic patients who seem to show no remorse as opposed to the majority which are severely wounded and damaged in life.

Sounds interesting - I'm gonna read it.

Turgon said:
He never fully mentions anything about pathology, but alludes to it at certain times without really grasping it's full implications, osit.

Yeah, it's quite the extraordinary person who grasps it's full implications.

Turgon said:
He never fully mentions anything about pathology, but alludes to it at certain times without really grasping it's full implications, osit.

That was my only complain of him too. I had the opportunity to attend one of his presentations here in town and personally interact with him, he appeared to me like a decent guy, and very understanding of where people come from, but I would have liked him to talk more about the "untreatable" pathological addicts who take advantage of the system to feed and perpetuate their parasitic lifestyles. He was talking for 5 hours (with half an hour break in between) though and noone got bored listening to him. He talks a lot about his own mistakes and addictions, and has a very humane approach towards his patients and is against mainstream medicine as practiced today, both of which are unfortunately rare for medical doctors today.

I haven't read In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts yet, but I have it somewhere here in my piles of books. Thanks for the reminder, I'll get to it.

Back
Top Bottom