The same narrative all over the world? Or just wishful thinking?

Amarock

The Force is Strong With This One
So, some time ago I've read Velikovski's book "Worlds in collision" after I saw it mentioned somewhere in this forum (maybe even CS session)

In short, for those who is not familiar, one of the main points is that Bronze age (around 1500 bc for reference) collapse was caused by cosmic event. In particular, Velikovskiy says that it was mainly perturbations in movement of Mars and Venus. He claims that this event manifested itself in the sky in a particular way that I'll talk about later. And then he connects this supposed event to religious and historical text of the era, explaining how Jewish exodus and plagues of Egypt could be very literally what they were described as. I advice to read it, even if you dont agree it is really just interesting concept overall.

Now, from CS sessions we know that Venus arrived in solar system around 10000 bc, but during Bronze age collapse there was something else - transit of famous comet cluster that is so often mentioned in the sessions. Okay, but what if everything Velikovskiy wrote about applies not to planet Venus, but to this comet cluster?

Velikovskiy implies that this event manifested itself in the sky as comet, but (and this is important) with bull's horns-like salients on the forward side.

The thing is, there are very similar narratives appearing all over the world, that involve characters looking like this:
They even have similar names - Veles, Baal, Val, etc
29492 29493

Remeber Carthage? Romans justified burning it by showing evidense that carthage sacrificed people and especially kids and this was barbaric. This is one of their national symbols by the way

In Chinese interpretation this comet appeared as their famous dragon. I mean look at image - how big moustache it has, might as well be interpreted as horns. I mean, where have you seen reptile with facial hair, the hell is that?

Famous tale of a knight fighting snake with a spear - this narrative literally everywhere in indo-european mythology. Sometimes its not two, but 3 characters involved - the spear becomes its own character and represented by lightning god like Zeus.

And its not just that, some random myths here and there have something in common - for example how Apollo stole his fathers Helios' cart and crashed in it causing trouble for people. And then later how Hercules and Apollo fight each other until Zeus throws a lightning between them. Important thing to mention Apollo describes as somebody who has 4 ears (could've as well be 2 horns on the head)

What about this pretty lad, named Agni

So okay, lets assume this all makes sense for now. But what caused all of this? Think about it, ancient people didn't know nothing about cosmic events, one day they see in the sky is that something shaped like bulls head or like snake appears and people start to die for various reasons - famine, heat, parasites etc.

What can they do? They try to rationalise it. Thats what human brain does the best - it finds patterns in reality and uses them to survive.
So they assume that it is some kind of god that demands sacrifices. They assume that if they fufill his bloodthirst he'll go away. That when first human sacrifices started.

And so it happens for some time, but eventually over generations people forget why it was in the first place.
From there paths go different ways: some people like aztecs or norse vikings kept sacrifices but implemented them in form of flower wars or blots; and other people like Jews transformed it - they replaced it with animal sacrifices or later with just ritual offerings.

Hell, in Russian tradition, there are still that thing where you burn scarecrow in the spring! (its even part of church tradition)
My point is that this comic event was so strong that somehow image of it survived throughout decades and centuries in our generations' subconcience. So strong in fact, that if not for that, I couldn't even write this ramble.

Attachments

• 1553278148329.png
    1553278148329.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom