The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
[edit: I've included sources from 911: Ultimate Truth, as well as your suggestions, Ardvan]

While reading Secret History, I kept a list of cited sources that I felt were most important. As the bibliography is quite daunting. Please feel free to add to the list, or let me know if a certain source isn't really that stellar. I've included a small list at the end of books I've come across (I haven't read them all) that seem to relate to some of the ideas presented in SH, as well. [edit: these are now in the main sections, but in []'s]

Esoterica
Chittick, William - The Sufi Path of Knowledge
Fulcanelli - The Mystery of the Cathedrals
Fulcanelli - The Dwellings of the Philosophers
Gurdjieff, G.I. - Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson
Mouravieff, Boris - Gnosis I, II, & III
Ouspensky, P.D. - In Search of the Miraculous
Ovason, David - Zelator

Psychopathy and Ponerology
Cleckley, Hervey - The Mask of Sanity
Hare, Robert - Without Conscience
Lobaczewski, Andrew - Political Ponerology
Scott, Ernest - The People of the Secret
Simon, George - In Sheep's Clothing
Stout, Martha - The Sociopath Next Door
[Gatto, John Taylor - Dumbing Us Down]

9/11
Griffin, David Ray - The New Pearl Harbour
Griffin, David Ray - The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions
Meyssan, Thierry - Pentagate
Meyssan, Thierry - 9/11 The Big Lie
Ostrovsky, Victor - By Way of Deception
[Raimondo, Justin - The Terror Enigma]

Castaneda
Castaneda, Carlos - The Teachings of Don Juan
Castaneda, Carlos - A Separate Reality
Castaneda, Carlos - Journey to Ixtlan
Castaneda, Carlos - Tales of Power
Castaneda, Carlos - The Second Ring of Power
Castaneda, Carlos - The Eagle's Gift
Castaneda, Carlos - The Fire from Within
Castaneda, Carlos - The Power of Silence
Castaneda, Carlos - The Art of Dreaming
Castaneda, Carlos - The Active Side of Infinity
[Taisha Abelar - The Sorcerer's Crossing: A Woman's Journey]
[Florinda Donner-Grau - Being-In-Dreaming]

Grail Mythology and Shamanism
Blake and Lloyd - The Keys to Avalon
Campbell, Joseph - Hero with a Thousand Faces
Eliade, Mircea - Shamanism
Littleton and Malcor - From Scythia to Camelot
O'Shea, Stephen - The Perfect Heresy
Weston, Jessie - The Legend of Sir Perceval
Weston, Jessie - From Ritual to Romance

Geomythology, Catastrophism, and the Scientific Thought Police
Baillie, Michael - From Exodus to Arthur
Bakker, Robert - The Dinosaur Heresies
Cremo, Michael - Forbidden Archaeology
Flem-Ath, Rand - When the Sky Fell
Fomenko, Anatoly - History: Fiction or Science?
Hapgood, Charles - Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings
Lethbridge, T.C. - The Power of the Pendulum
Muck, Otto - Secret of Atlantis
Santillana and Von Dechend - Hamlet's Mill
Shreeve, James - The Neandertal Enigma
Velikovsky, Immanuel - Worlds in Collision
[Collins, Andrew - Gods of Eden] [sound technology on pyramids]
[Cruttenden, Walter - Lost Star of Myth and Time] [second Sun hypothesis]
[Henry, Roger - Synchronized Chronology] [summary of Velikovsky's Ages in Chaos series]
[Tedlock, Barbara - The Woman in a Shaman's Body] [I've read good things about this one]
[Wilson, Colin - From Atlantis to the Sphinx] [apparently covers a lot of the same ground, although he's ill-informed on Fulcanelli, among other things]

Egypt, Israel, and Who Wrote the Bible
Collins, Andrew - Tutankhamen: The Exodus Conspiracy
Finkelstein, Israel - The Bible Unearthed
Fox, Hugh - Gods of the Cataclysm
Friedman, Richard - Who Wrote the Bible
Gershom, Yonassan - Beyond the Ashes
Gorenberg, Gershom - The End of Days
Halsell, Grace - Forcing God's Hands
Joseph, Frank - The Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake
Koestler, Arthur - The Thirteenth Tribe
MacDonald, Kevin - The Culture of Critique
Redford, Donald - Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times
Wunderlich, Hans George - The Secret of Crete
[Dever, William - Who Were the Early Israelites?]

UFOs and the National Security State
Bramley, William - The Gods of Eden
Dolan, Richard - UFO's and the National Security State
Jessup, Morris - The Case for the UFO
Marrs, Jim - Alien Agenda
Vallee, Jacques - Passport to Magonia
Vallee, Jacques - Messengers of Deception
[Druffel, Ann - Firestorm: Dr. James E. MacDonald's Fight for UFO Science]

Secret History: Recommended Reading List

(Edited) These are now included in HK's list :)

Well I would say, that you find Castaneda's Books in the book shop under the label "shamanism". I would also suggest to read all books from Castaneda in the following order:

- The Teachings of Don Juan. A Yaqui Way of Knowledge
- A Separate Reality. Further Conversations with Don Juan
- Journey to Ixtlan
- Tales of Power
- The Second Ring of Power
- The Eagle's Gift
- The Fire from Within
- The Power of Silence
- The Art of Dreaming
- The Active Side of Infinity
Otherwise you won't really know what going on (it's difficult anyway :) ) and you will be disappointed. That what happened to my sister. She bought only "The Art of Dreaming". Then she didn't understand what Castanda was talking about in the book because it's one of the last books. There is also the book "Tensegrity" but this book isn't a part of the Don Juan story.

Related to Castaneda (from a womans side of view) but not cited by Laura are:

- Taisha Abelar: The Sorcerer's Crossing. A Woman's Journey
- Florinda Donner-Grau: Being-In-Dreaming

The Secret History of the World: And How to Get Out Alive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0976504103/202-1539869-7658230?v=glance&n=266239&s=gateway&v=glance
Prompted by looking around here I'm interested in getting this book. Just wondering though and I hate to be so material as to bring up filthy lucre, but it seems a pretty incredible price for a paperback book even if 800 pages. Basically 60 euros and me poor. Just to ask there's no mistake being made or alternative less penal on the pocket outlets for the book anyone?

Actually, that's more expensive than this websites own online store. Click here for Red Pill Press UK, where you can get it for �21.00.

Also take a look at http://www.qfgpublishing.com for more products.

I understand your concern because I don't have much money as well but consider that they are publishing these books independantly, with no backing up financially speaking from publishing houses (correct me if I am mistaken.).

In buying the book you are helping them to keep doing what they are doing.

I don't want to convince you to buy it because it's up to you to decide but I am glad I did it.
There is plenty of articles to read on the site in the meantime if you decide to delay your purchase though.

True that I would like to be able to buy "the wave" for example as a lesser quality paperback version because I can't afford the four books for the moment.

We are working on ways to make all of the books more affordable. It has been a real struggle because, as you say, we have no financial backing, no major publisher footing the bill, and up to now, we have barely broken even. At one point last year, we were actually losing money because the shipping charges were eating us alive. It's a HEAVY book!

Anyway, the books are still selling remarkably well even if they also cost us quite a bit also! Apparently, word of mouth advertising is behind this.

As the author, I can only say that I worked very hard to make the book deliver what it says it does.

Craig said:
Actually, that's more expensive than this websites own online store. Click here for Red Pill Press UK, where you can get it for �21.00.

Also take a look at http://www.qfgpublishing.com for more products.

Thanks Craig. That's a pretty huge slash in price!

Tigersoap said:
I understand your concern because I don't have much money as well but consider that they are publishing these books independantly, with no backing up financially speaking from publishing houses (correct me if I am mistaken.).

In buying the book you are helping them to keep doing what they are doing.

I don't want to convince you to buy it because it's up to you to decide but I am glad I did it.
There is plenty of articles to read on the site in the meantime if you decide to delay your purchase though.

True that I would like to be able to buy "the wave" for example as a lesser quality paperback version because I can't afford the four books for the moment.
As someone who's devoted huge aounts of time to art and music, I understand all right what can seem a large price to someone else, can start to appear in a very different light when one becomes aware of the amount of time, skill, basic work behind a work of art. And thankfully there seems a friendlier price available so looks like I'm in luck.

Laura said:
We are working on ways to make all of the books more affordable. It has been a real struggle because, as you say, we have no financial backing, no major publisher footing the bill, and up to now, we have barely broken even. At one point last year, we were actually losing money because the shipping charges were eating us alive. It's a HEAVY book!

Anyway, the books are still selling remarkably well even if they also cost us quite a bit also! Apparently, word of mouth advertising is behind this.

As the author, I can only say that I worked very hard to make the book deliver what it says it does.
Even poor old Nietzsche had to pay to get published. And so many poor souls think money is the measure of everything, that artists, writers etc are similarly enslaved to the simple notion of making plenty money, not realising the amount of sacrifice made by the truth revealers just trying to get their work out there.

Laura said:
Yes, It delivers what it says it does. In reality, for all the work that the author has made, all the reading that she has does, all the checking, all the times,... even though it may look expensive, it is a golden book at a low price.
A 'must' to have.

myshkin, I've already read Secret History twice and will probably read it again. There is so much information in here, each time I read it I really do get something new out of it. So, for my money, I've already got two books for the price of one!:)

Namaste said:
Laura said:
Yes, It delivers what it says it does. In reality, for all the work that the author has made, all the reading that she has does, all the checking, all the times,... even though it may look expensive, it is a golden book at a low price.
A 'must' to have.
Exactly.
It's almost given :).

Namaste said:
Laura said:
A 'must' to have.
I look after the distribution in Australia and had a stand at one of the Mind/Body/Spirit festivals.

Comments were that is was a LOT of book for the price, a textbook would sell for $130 of a similar size. And one publisher said he would break it down into around FOUR(!) books.

So if you do those sums it's a pretty good deal on quantity.

As for quality, well that's a given.

Echoing the words of other posters, [& I empathise with those without a deep hip pocket] SHOTW is worth every cent & bears not twice reading but even more. I continue to delve because so many illustrative points can be found for use in succinctly making a point to others.

It's a challenge to get the word out to New Zealanders, so I am slowly saving to buy books to donate to libraries in large centres. Every time I check, my 1st donation is out on loan: very gratifying!

Isabel

Questions on Laura's Secret History

On p.111 Laura wrote:
For example: consider the term "Emerald Tablets". Emerald: variety of Beryl - ME + OF - Emeralde - VL + L - smaraldus/ smaragdus - Gr - amaragdos meaning "of oriental origin". So, we go to "orient". Oriental - L - orientalis - Eastern. Then we look at "eastern" and find: Eastern - IE - base "aues" - to shine - whence Aurora - dawn/east - and aurum - gold. Moving on to "gold", we find: Gold - IE - base "ghel" - to shine, to gleam, symbol Au - Aurora, lover of Orion. And then, finally, we look at "green". Green - IE base "ghro" - to become.
Laura, What dictionary did you use? And abbreviation questions:
VL - ?
ME - medieval english?
OF - ?
Gr - Greek?
L - latin?
IE-?

Back
Top Bottom