The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

Also think about it from the very simple perspective that hair has an enormous surface area.

The C's have said that ultrasonic sound is used to manipulate us. Hair may act as an acoustic dampener for ultrasound.

Concerning bioelectrics, the large surface area of hair might be very effective in absorbing charge from the atmosphere, possibly conducting it into the head?

In electronics, sharp corners when highly charged will shoot electrons off the tip. CRTs use this to produce the electron beam which is guided to write picture on the screen. Hair when long will have tons of electron emitters pointing... Down. Whereas short hair has all that pointing up. Does this mean something for bioelectrics?

Wikipedia said:
In 1873, Frederick Guthrie discovered the basic principle of operation of thermionic diodes.[7] Guthrie discovered that a positively charged electroscope could be discharged by bringing a grounded piece of white-hot metal close to it (but not actually touching it). The same did not apply to a negatively charged electroscope, indicating that the current flow was only possible in one direction.
Thomas Edison independently rediscovered the principle on February 13, 1880. At the time, Edison was investigating why the filaments of his carbon-filament light bulbs nearly always burned out at the positive-connected end. He had a special bulb made with a metal plate sealed into the glass envelope. Using this device, he confirmed that an invisible current flowed from the glowing filament through the vacuum to the metal plate, but only when the plate was connected to the positive supply.
Edison devised a circuit where his modified light bulb effectively replaced the resistor in a DC voltmeter. Edison was awarded a patent for this invention in 1884.[8] Since there was no apparent practical use for such a device at the time, the patent application was most likely simply a precaution in case someone else did find a use for the so-called Edison effect.
About 20 years later, John Ambrose Fleming (scientific adviser to the Marconi Company and former Edison employee) realized that the Edison effect could be used as a precision radio detector. Fleming patented the first true thermionic diode, the Fleming valve, in Britain on November 16, 1904[9] (followed by U.S. Patent 803,684 in November 1905).

So, if the ground charge were to oscillate relative to the atmosphere, hair may act as a diode. It would bleed negative charge off of the head, and so the head would stay positive. It seems the body likes the feet to be negative and the head to be positive. So maybe the hair doesn't act like an antenne per se, but it does accumulate charge and may act as a diode, bleeding off negative charge while capturing positive charge.

Are there cases in history where garments made of hair were worn, perhaps by royalty, or hair was used for certain purposes or for certain religious practices, where we might get a clue of what the ancients knew?

Hair might act as an antenna IF it is conductive, but it is not. If it does, then it would not be straightforward how.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this or not (I haven't read through all 12 pages for this thread, but I remember hearing about this when I was still in the Marines. Apparently studies showed the troops performed better in combat when they had beards: _http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/showthread.php?43058-Pentagon-Study-Finds-Beards-Directly-Related-To-Combat-Effectiveness

Mod edit: disabled link

SadEyes said:
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this or not (I haven't read through all 12 pages for this thread, but I remember hearing about this when I was still in the Marines. Apparently studies showed the troops performed better in combat when they had beards: _http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/showthread.php?43058-Pentagon-Study-Finds-Beards-Directly-Related-To-Combat-Effectiveness

Interesting find SadEyes. Thanks

Pob said:
SadEyes said:

Interesting find SadEyes. Thanks

This story is satire.

Hi All!
I don't post a lot, but I read the forum avidly and agree wholeheartedly with the work. The other day I read another members post about making decisions and there was some discussion about hair. It made me want to research the spiritual significance of hair because I always felt like there was an important function hair played and that it is significant . I have very long hair about waist length, and I have noticed increased extra sensory and intense emotional empathy to people , animals plants , the longer it grows. Anyways, here's a website with great info about this. And I thought if growing long hair increases your phsychic abilities, then you all have a right to know. I believe this to be true , not at all attached to the look of long hair , but I can't cut it now, I'd feel like some of my power was being cut off, also have had nightmares about beings chopping off my hair to a short Bob with bangs, maybe my brains way of interpreting a pshcyic attack . Wishing all you wonderful, brave , brave people the best!
www.quantumbalancing.com/spiritualhair.htm

while there is probably something to this, I think a persons mindset/beliefs about hair have the ultimate impact. I am bald. Does that mean my possibilities for empathy and psychic sensitivity are limited and permanently and absolutely truncated? My understanding and belief is that knowledge and awareness through doing the work on oneself can overcome this sort of thing. Why believe that your esoteric possibilities are limited by your haircut? (Or lack thereof)

One of the things I found about aging is that hair grows in unusual places as you get older. I have it growing out of my nostrils, out of my ears, and curling down from my eyebrows. I don't think at 71 years this is at all unusual, but it is highly annoying. I have a beard and it is trimmed approximately every six weeks, and I trim the annoying hairs as well. Do the C's have any comments about this practice, should I let them grow?

One of the things I found about aging is that hair grows in unusual places as you get older. I have it growing out of my nostrils, out of my ears, and curling down from my eyebrows. I don't think at 71 years this is at all unusual, but it is highly annoying. I have a beard and it is trimmed approximately every six weeks, and I trim the annoying hairs as well. Do the C's have any comments about this practice, should I let them grow?

Ha ha ha ... sure gave me chuckle :lol:

"Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex. "
It is connected to our body so energy will travel along the hair strands. What follows ....

Hair or no hair the important thing is the brain.

But talking about hair for Hindus hair is very important and they care a lot of it. The other day we found a sort of oil from India, ayurvedic product, that takes care of your hair and this oil, made by around 18 plants, are good, they say, for the brain.

Microbial Hair: It’s Electric (Microbial Hair: It’s Electric)
Some bacteria grow electrical hair that lets them link up in big biological circuits, according to a USC biophysicist and his collaborators.

The finding suggests that microbial colonies may survive, communicate and share energy in part through electrically conducting hairs known as bacterial nanowires.

Harvesting electricity from human hair. (Harvesting electricity from human hair. - PubMed - NCBI)
Electrical conductivity of human hair is a debatable issue among hair experts and scientists. There are unsubstantiated claims that hair conducts electricity. However, hair experts provided ample evidence that hair is an insulator. Although wet hair exhibited drastic reduction in resistivity; scientists regarded hair as a proton semiconductor at the best. Here, we demonstrate that hair filaments generate electricity on absorbing water vapor between 50 degrees and 80 degrees C. This electricity can operate low power electronic systems. Essentially, we are exposing the hydrated hair polymer to a high temperature (50 degrees-80 degrees C). It has long been speculated that when certain biopolymers are simultaneously hydrated and exposed to high temperature, they exhibit significant proton hopping at a specific temperature regime. This happens due to rapid movement of water molecules on the polymer surface. This lead us to speculate that the observed flow of current is partly ionic and partly due to "proton hopping" in the hydrated nano spaces of hair filament. Such proton hopping is exceptionally high when the hydrated hair polymer is exposed to a temperature between 50 degrees and 80 degrees C. Differential scanning calorimetry data further corroborated the results and indicated that indeed at this temperature range, there is an enormous movement of water molecules on the hair polymer surface. This enormously rapid movement of water molecules lead to the "making and breaking" of innumerable hydrogen bonds and thus resulting in hopping of the protons. What is challenging is "how to tap these hopping protons to obtain useful electricity?" We achieved this by placing a bundle of hair between two different electrodes having different electro negativities, and exposing it to water vapor (water + heat). The two different electrodes offered directionality to the hopping protons and the existing ions and thus resulting in the generation of useful current. Further, by continuously hydrating the polymer with water vapor, we prolonged the process. If this interesting aspect of polymer is exploited further and fine tuned, then it will open new avenues for development of sophisticated polymer-based systems, which could be used to harvest electricity from waste heat.

It looks like the long hair might be symbolic within the mind. We know by now that psychology affects the physical body due to the information and value attached to the symbol which may evoke certain emotions thus inspiring somebody to behave in a certain way which leads to identity. Cutting hair will add loss to that identity creating an opening or a window of change depending on how much someone is attached to that identity. Ofcourse if someone has a strong will and a sense of self that won't change much in someone's personality. How much of his own will does a soldier have? In military it looks like that hair cutting might be not the only step of breaking of old self image in order to replace with something new in which a soldier would have as little Influence over him/her self. Systematically ofcourse. Speaking of ancients and the association with virility. I believe that long hair contributed to their strong self image. Cutting it contributed to the loss of the self image and symbol the of personal strenght and power associated with it. Almost like some magic of don Juan world. Because maybe they observed that people with poor health had different hair quality. People living a very stressful life will have their hair go grey much faster than having a less stressful life.
Speaking of hair as antenna. The hair is as much of an antenna as the proteins are in our bodies. Static hair problem might be a clue. Another thing I found is the ph of the hair which might be important in how effectively the information is communicated. I had long hair my self and I cut it. As I look back at older pictures I feel like that I liked it more than shorter hair. Another thing to think about it is that our hair wants to grow for a reason like a flow of life which wants to flow its course. Maybe I am getting too philosophical, but that are some thoughts that I am getting.

Well it seems the last session brought some food for thought about this topic :
Q: (Pierre) About the interaction between us and the information field... I wanted to know if basically the DNA because of its spiral shape acts as an amplifier and universal antenna, while the proteins act as a specifier of the information received due to their geometric conformation? DNA amplifier, protein says what FM station you're tuning into?

A: Yes

Now lets take a look at the composition of hairs :
When the three-dimensional structures of many different protein molecules are compared, it becomes clear that, although the overall conformation of each protein is unique, two regular folding patterns are often found in parts of them. Both patterns were discovered about 50 years ago from studies of hair and silk. The first folding pattern to be discovered, called the α helix, was found in the protein α-keratin, which is abundant in skin and its derivatives—such as hair, nails, and horns. Within a year of the discovery of the α helix, a second folded structure, called a β sheet, was found in the protein fibroin, the major constituent of silk. These two patterns are particularly common because they result from hydrogen-bonding between the N–H and C=O groups in the polypeptide backbone, without involving the side chains of the amino acids. Thus, they can be formed by many different amino acid sequences. In each case, the protein chain adopts a regular, repeating conformation. These two conformations, as well as the abbreviations that are used to denote them in ribbon models of proteins, are shown in Figure 3-9.

Since hairs are made up of 95% keratin, their numbers and sizes may impact our receivership capability of specific signals (on top of our skin which has a mean surface area in adults of 1.7m2 !). Now for the transport of this information, it gets a bit hairy (sorry for the pun, I couldn't resist). From what I could gather there are only mechanosensory nerves all around the hair follicles, which begs the following questions regarding ESP : Would those specialized nerve cells be the way signals other than mechanosensory are transmitted from the hair/skin to the brain ? Or would an other (unknown) transport mechanism be responsible for it ?
If we speak strictly of enhanced sensory perceptions, longer hairs isn't the best way to go about it since the nerves are at the base. Unless perhaps one possess an uncannily high sensibility to this kind of stimuli either through genetics or training (or both). For instance, if this ability was used by natives to hunt, a great deal of training should be taken into account (plus maybe epigenetic gene "activation").

Then there is the conscious awareness/use of ESP information (and more broadly all kind of information) by the brain during the decision making process which is, according to the First Sight theory by James Carpenter, strongly dependent upon the mental/emotional/physical state of the person and their belief in ESP (there is a MindMatters interview of the book's author for those interested). It could be, as well, a (partial) explanation to the varying accounts in this thread and elsewhere.

Finally proper hair growth could also be interpreted as a sign of health and youth which could be correlated (loosely) to enhanced sensory perception by the mere fact that one's body functions correctly (enough) to take in/process information of this kind.

The way I interpret all that is that hairs may represent a potential extra boost of receivership capability. Yet we don't even know how much it would compare in terms of overall impact to the proteins inside our body, or our skin and nails. And as always, it is most likely unique to each individual.

Back
Top Bottom