The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

The Greatest Story Never Told:
A Scientific Inquiry into the Evidence of the Fall of Man from a Higher Civilization in Antiquity.. by Lana Corrine Cantrell.

A lot of this book is merely translation of the Vedas, Egyptian, and other ancient texts, identifying and describing the ancient gods and their wars etc, but there are some ideas she brings up that are really fascinating, such as the reasoning behind mummification and the damages of radiation and the effects of "bad" foods, on all of us.

Though I don`t necessarily recommend this read as beneficial for various reasons, I did find find some of the info regarding hair and sugar, for instance rather interesting.
It`s online for anyone who wants a look..

http://www.archive.org/stream/The_Greatest_Story_Never_Told_Lana_Cantrell/Greatest_Story_Never_Told#page/n1/mode/2up

RyanX said:
I dunno guys...

I have short hair. Actually I started to buzz it last year when I was sick of paying the extra money for a haircut every couple months. I haven't noticed any difference in "psychic abilities" or anything other than my head feeling a bit colder in the winter. Maybe I'm just not sensitive enough to these things though?

I'm not saying there isn't anything to this, and it would certainly make an interesting question to the Cs, but I don't think there's much evidence to go on at the moment. It's easy to get carried away with the small stuff when there are bigger things standing in the way of reaching our fullest potential (like diet and other lifestyle factors, osit.)

It's a interesting topic indeed ,i've read interesting and informative posts,and i would like to make a comment myself, from a young age i'm cutting my hair short because its thin and i can say i got so used to this type of haircut that when my hair grows a little more than usual i'm feeling uncomfortable, i quoted the RyanX massage because i have pretty the same thoughts but also i would like to add just a thought that maybe it depends of the type of the person ,i mean there are people with thin hair(like me) who just can't grow it so they are cutting their hair short and i think that doing so its dosen't affect him from a psychological,emotional,or psychic point of view and there are people with natural long ,rich hair which really in some way is useful ,increasing psychic sensitivity and ability maybe.By the way i always wanted to have long rich hair :D ,but unfortunately i can't grow it ,maybe next time ;)

I have had a long hair, till waist, but I cut it seven months ago, symbolic ''cut from old predominance'' after experiencing chaotic states. As a child I was always sad when they insisted to cut my 'mane' - it hurt me. :cry:
However, I can say it really has the role of protection, at least for me.
Luckily, my hair grows pretty fast!

In the animal kingdom, ‘hair’ that provides for increased sensitivity to the environment, which is called vibrissae or more colloquially ‘whiskers’, generally has at the follicle level an increased level of blood and a substantially increased nerve supply, and the area immediately surrounding vibrissae follicle itself is visually very different from an ordinary hair follicle in that it is raised from the ordinary skin surface. The hair shaft itself is very stiff and coarse. Also, some animals can control whether those whiskers on the muzzle lie flat against their body or stand out perpendicular to the skin surface.

So on the balance of probabilities, I’m not sure that human head hair as it is today would provide for the same functions, or at least to the same degree of intensity. However apparently some humans have vestigial traces of those muscles used to control the movement of these ‘whiskers’ on their upper lip. Could be why Gurdjieff kept his moustache?

Path27 said:
Assuming that hair can be a kind of sensory organ, how would it work underwater? I'm asking because, in the Aquatic Ape theory, one of the byproducts of going aquatic was the loss of hair over most of the body with the exception of the head (particularly the scalp) which was the part of the body submerged the least amount of the time. Other mammals that have gone aquatic have lost their fur/hair to various degrees -- and some of them (like the cetaceans) have developed alternative methods of sensing. And humans (as far as I know) are the only mammals that can actually grow that hair out to an indeterminate length -- maybe in compensation for the hair that was lost on other parts of the body?

Seals and I believe otters and beavers have kept their whiskers though.

TACTILE

1. A harbor seal uses its sensitive vibrissae to find food, especially in dark, deep waters, or at night. A substantial nerve system transmits tactile information from the vibrissae to the brain.

2. Each vibrissa can move independently. Under water, a harbor seal thrusts its vibrissae to and fro in a sweeping movement by pushing its mobile upper lip in and out.

Harbor seals use their sensitive vibrissae collectively in a sweeping movement and independently to sense their environment.

3. Prey moving under water creates vibrations that the seal may detect with its vibrissae. Studies have shown that harbor seals are able to detect and follow the hydrodynamic wake of a miniature submarine by using their sensitive vibrissae to sense water movement. Hydrodynamic trail-following is probably a way for a seal to locate and catch fish in low visibility conditions.

from:_http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/harbor-seal/senses.htm

Whoa, wait.

"Beard hair only, attracts more radiation and pathogens as it holds the heat to
the face and the parotid glands are affected with no bone to deflect it properly."

So beards are...bad??

I wouldn't take any of what is discussed on this thread to mean that beards are 'bad' or long hair is 'good'. We are discussing something that is based largely on anecdotal evidence from American Indians. Let's keep an open mind and see if we can find more data to support some of these ideas.

This topic is quite intriguing! I have long hair, and have kept it long all my life. Mainly because it's so thick, no matter how long I tell the hairdresser to keep it, they wet it and take too much off and it dries and shrinks.

Anyways, one thing also that would be interesting to get perspective on is people who compulsively pluck hairs. If this hair thing holds any water, what would that mean about people who feel the need to pull it out.

I do pull out my hair, but I'm selective. For some reason I have light brown hair, with these random jet black, thick hairs which are often curly or slightly kinked, and I really cannot help myself but to pluck it out. Unfortunately, it's become an obsession where I do not want any of these hairs :/

Kniall said:
I wouldn't take any of what is discussed on this thread to mean that beards are 'bad' or long hair is 'good'. We are discussing something that is based largely on anecdotal evidence from American Indians. Let's keep an open mind and see if we can find more data to support some of these ideas.

I posted the following in another thread a few weeks ago, but am copying it here as it answers this request for more documentation:

Here is something more which should be relevant to 'telepathy':

_http://www.apparentlyapparel.com/2/post/2011/09/the-truth-about-hair-covered-up-since-the-vietnam-war.html

Here is the gist of the article, without the reasoning or evidence leading to this conclusion:

"The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well-being of the body as a whole. The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved ’feelers’ or ’antennae’ that transmit vast amounts of important information to the Brainstem, the Limbic system, and the Neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration."

Edit=Font Size

I tried to read all the answers and it appear to me that "maybe" the long hairs are indeed useful for "hunters/hunted" situations but it may not have such a huge importance for the other "spiritual" situations.

Anyway it seems that it is not a topic that will be asked anytime soon to the C's considering that it started months ago without any channeling answers yet ;)
(yes i'm trying to push a bit here :whistle: )

Ekios said:
I tried to read all the answers and it appear to me that "maybe" the long hairs are indeed useful for "hunters/hunted" situations but it may not have such a huge importance for the other "spiritual" situations.

Anyway it seems that it is not a topic that will be asked anytime soon to the C's considering that it started months ago without any channeling answers yet ;)
(yes i'm trying to push a bit here :whistle: )
:lol: Yes, unfortunately, many questions aren't asked. The reasons for this are that we try to ask questions that really try to serve the group as a whole. In addition, we're pretty much at a place where we try to find out (or get as close to) finding the answers on our own thus becoming less reliant on the C's for information - sort of like a child being weaned from it's Mother. So although suggestions are definitely appreciated and considered, it's a good thing to keep the above in mind when formulating a question. :)

I wonder when was the last time something have been asked to the C's actually, the last transcript is from 3 months ago, and the last before was near a year ago :)

PS : remember that i'm very new here, and most of all, i'm like a 5min newborn in that whole domain. As I said in my presentation, I got a strong urgent wake up call only 2 months ago. So please whatever I say, always hear me like i'm some sort of a half thinking out lout student trying to figure in what class he trully is ;)
PS²: this could be acting like a trolling moment in between of the center subject of that post, so we can continue in private if you wish :)

Ekios said:
I wonder when was the last time something have been asked to the C's actually, the last transcript is from 3 months ago, and the last before was near a year ago :)

It sounds like you feel that you are owed a transcript. That you, as someone who happens to have read the transcripts, is owed more, on the time schedule that you determine to be acceptable. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is not, after all, about you and your needs.

e said:
PS : remember that i'm very new here, and most of all, i'm like a 5min newborn in that whole domain. As I said in my presentation, I got a strong urgent wake up call only 2 months ago. So please whatever I say, always hear me like i'm some sort of a half thinking out lout student trying to figure in what class he trully is ;)

Being new is no excuse for being demanding.

e said:
PS²: this could be acting like a trolling moment in between of the center subject of that post, so we can continue in private if you wish :)

We don't 'continue conversations in private' on this forum because 'in private' leads to energetic feeding in almost all cases. This is an occasion where you could learn something if you so choose and the best way to do that is on the public forum.

Back
Top Bottom