The WAVE

anart said:
There are often topics people are not comfortable discussing on a public internet forum. There is nothing wrong with this, and it's often wise to refrain on a public internet forum - so there is no need to 'push'.
ona.alicia said:
Thank you for that follow-up...I kind of felt "bullied" by the aforementioned reply.

I sincerely apologize for overplaying my hand so to speak and for crossing forum guidelines I didn't correctly interpret or understand. In no way was I aware of pushing anyone nor did I intend to. I'm deeply sorry for any offence or insult I apparently hurled around. Sorry!

I appreciate that, no problem. I felt you were trying to "push" me for explanations and that made me feel uncomfortable.

O.A

Palinurus said:
I sincerely apologize for overplaying my hand so to speak and for crossing forum guidelines I didn't correctly interpret or understand. In no way was I aware of pushing anyone nor did I intend to. I'm deeply sorry for any offence or insult I apparently hurled around. Sorry!

It's totally okay, Palinurus. It isn't a huge thing at all. It was just the way you phrased it that seemed just a little like saying, "spit it out or we can't help". That's not what you said, but it could have been interpreted that way and, while that general idea is absolutely true, the fact remains that with a new person on the forum of whom we know nothing and vice versa, it's usually best to just be patient and see how things develop. That way they tend to find their own way. So - no biggie!

Thank you both very much for explaining. It clarifies the dynamics and ameliorates my selfdoubts. I'll keep this in mind for future cases of a similar nature. One cannot be too careful with other persons' sensitivities and I can see now that my input had a whisker of 'pushing' built in. In fact, I was trying to keep the momentum going and accomplished the opposite of what I was aiming for. Lesson learned. Thanks again!

Hi ona.alicia,

I just wanted to add my support to the mix.

As far back as I can remember, I always felt different, as if I somehow knew there was more to this word than meets the eye.

I was extremely sensitive to the pain this world can inflict and often felt I could feel other people's pain.

I never fit into any group, often straddling several but never feeling part of any. Although alone in a crowd, I developed a desperate need to be accepted.

Since joining this forum and reading laura's books, some of the books on the recommended reading list as well as the articles posted on both the Cass and SotT websites, I have come to the realization that much of what I originally thought was my personality was actually character attributes that formed as a result of family and societal programming and the wounds received in early life.

But even after considering these attributes, I am still left with a deep sense of being a stranger in this life with a hint that I have some hidden knowledge that I only need to discover. I cannot explain it all away as programming and response to injury and am therefore confused as to where my expanded awareness, sense of being different, my "odd" way of thinking and perceiving, etc., came from.

One thing I have had to constantly fight against is a sense of being special, which is certainly a hook used by many nefarious types, even though I generally have a low self esteem. Although I might find it interesting to imagine myself as being a wanderer, I know I might be susceptible to seeing myself as somehow special.

I don't know what difference that knowledge would make, in terms of personal/spiritual growth or how one aligns with either STS or STO, but if it affords one greater ability in protecting oneself against the slings and arrows, that, on it's own might make it worthwhile.

I have drawn great comfort in seeing so many of the aspects that make me different from society, reflected in others on this forum. I hope you have the same, if not better experience as we share the quest for knowledge together.

Gonzo

Hi Ona. Just wanted to pitch in a little bit about myself too, FWIW.

I've been the weirdo and loner most all my life, in a sense, for many reasons. In fact, I can now remember back to my first few years of life when I believed I was perceiving and understanding what was good, what was bad wrong, what was smart and what was stupid about what was going on in my little world - and all before I could even put it into words.

In fact, my language development would probably be considered slow since I always felt that the words I knew were not the right ones to express what I could see and feel, so I was kinda waiting to learn the right ones, I guess, so I never talked much. When I did, most of my 'observations' were completely unwelcome and got me in lots of trouble, so I learned to suppress a lot.

I was so confused about why people acted like they couldn't see and feel and understand what I did, and the way I did, that I almost withdrew into a catatonic-like state as I distinctly remember rejecting the idea of being alive in a jungle surrounded by animal humans and yet not able to seriously consider hurting anyone or anything and not wanting to be hurt myself.

I don't know exactly what your experience has been and it may not even remotely resemble mine, but at any rate, I'm quite sure your among knowledgeable and kindred spirits. :)

Hi Bud,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I found though that feeling or being 'different' doesn't make me feel like a 'weirdo', it makes me atypical, though; looking around, I don't feel that is a negative ;D.

Ona A.

Hello everyone! i was just curious as to know what "symptoms" one would experience or see to know when the wave is approaching? i feel strongly that this change is near as i have been observing the earth going through some strange changes with weather and natural disasters over the past few years, would anyone have any responce to this ?

scottiet said:
Hello everyone! i was just curious as to know what "symptoms" one would experience or see to know when the wave is approaching? i feel strongly that this change is near as i have been observing the earth going through some strange changes with weather and natural disasters over the past few years, would anyone have any responce to this ?

Hi scottiet,

Approach of the Wave is a hypothesis and thus its effects remain to be seen. But since everything is interconnected, there are many other processes that are happening at the moment and that are going to have (or already have) a profound (close and personal) influence on our planet and its inhabitants. Laura's latest article talks about it.

There are also these references from sessions:

Q: (L) When was the last time a realm border crossed as far as the earth is concerned?
A: As you measure, on Earth, 309,000 years ago.
Q: (L) What does this wave consist of in terms of energy?
A: Feeling.
Q: (L) This wave is feeling? It is a wave of emotion?
A: Hyperkinetic sensate.
Q: (L) What does that mean?
A: All.

Q: (L) We don't understand
A: Too complex for this medium.
Q: (L) Okay. How many times has the wave come and involved the earth as we know it?
A: Infinite number.

Keit said:
Approach of the Wave is a hypothesis and thus its effects remain to be seen. But since everything is interconnected, there are many other processes that are happening at the moment and that are going to have (or already have) a profound (close and personal) influence on our planet and its inhabitants. Laura's latest article talks about it.

Thank you very much Keit for the link, I surely have missed it and now go on to read it! :thup:

Cs 941103 said:
A: Hyperkinetic sensate.

This description of the effects of the wave is really fascinating and thought-provoking. Here are some definitions of 'hyperkinesia', 'hyperkinetic' and 'sensate', which give more insight into the implications of the C's statement.

We can see that people thus affected would be likely to be characterized by various degrees of physical acting out and immature behaviour, pretty much what we see in our societies today. And thinking further, we can consider that without stress reduction in all its forms – emotional, dietary, psychological – and removal of the causes of uncontrollable muscular movement, such as deeply held trauma and so on, the human body will be easily overwhelmed by the Wave and its associated 'hyperkinetic sensate'. Without self-work, people will be swept away and drowned by the Wave.

Hyperkinetic
Relating to or characterized by abnormally increased, usu. uncontrollable, muscular movement.

Sensate
1 endowed with bodily senses: a sensate being
2 relating to or apprehended through the senses

Penguin English Dictionary 2003

Hyperkinesia
1. An abnormal increase in muscular activity.
2. Hyperactivity, especially in children.

Sensate
1. Perceived by a sense or the senses.
2. Having physical sensation.

_www.thefreedictionary.com

Endymion said:
We can see that people thus affected would be likely to be characterized by various degrees of physical acting out and immature behaviour, pretty much what we see in our societies today. And thinking further, we can consider that without stress reduction in all its forms – emotional, dietary, psychological – and removal of the causes of uncontrollable muscular movement, such as deeply held trauma and so on, the human body will be easily overwhelmed by the Wave and its associated 'hyperkinetic sensate'. Without self-work, people will be swept away and drowned by the Wave.

This one is perfect for appreciating the meaning of the wave. Thank you for this, it is a very big help! ;)

Could an increase of muscular activity, in one single leg, every single night, be described as such state? It is the first time i hear this term, so just asking.

Back
Top Bottom