The X-Files reboot

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
David Duchovny is returning to his famous supernatural-investigating FBI agent character for a six-episode series.

http://time.com/3841352/david-duchovny-x-files-reboot-gillian-anderson-movie-chris-carter/

Interesting. I hope they'll clear up all the contradictions and loose ends made from the series/films. :)

This is exciting news. In the meantime I am working my way through the x-files box set (I am currently on series 2). Series 1 was great and quite educational for me which covered quite a lot of subjects including MIB, UFOs, life after death, reincarnation, 'Jersey Devil', psychotic twins, pyrokinesis etc etc. So have plenty to watch, hopefully in time for the new series.

Yahoo! Thanks for the reminder. I never watched the series when it was on not having a tv at the time. Since getting Netflix I've zoomed through it and have left the last half hour of the finale, not wanting it to end I guess :). Excellent occupation working on x-files but not much in the way of employment there.

I LOVE this show!!!! The best ever on tv. The humor is great at times too. I watched for the famous episode that foretold the twin towers coming down but never noticed it :shock:

Lost (tv series) was very good as well I might add, zoomed through that one as it had an addictive quality for me, lots of cliff hangers and Hawaii was so beautiful.

SummerLite said:
I LOVE this show!!!! The best ever on tv. The humor is great at times too. I watched for the famous episode that foretold the twin towers coming down but never noticed it :shock:

The famous episode about the two towers was actually from the spin-off show "Lone Gunmen" - first episode, I think. Here is an excerpt from You Tube: _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsMG2hHsLo

This is interesting news! I read an article some time ago about it possibly being in the works, didn't know it's now official.

It's taken quite awhile but I've been working my way through the X-files series as well. Only watched a few episodes this past year. Seems to be taking me a long while to get through season 8, am about halfway through. May just get back to watching it here soon.

Zadius Sky said:
Interesting. I hope they'll clear up all the contradictions and loose ends made from the series/films. :)

Exactly! I was so annoyed when they would return after a movie and everything went on like nothing happened.

Update: ;)

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-x-files-david-duchovny-interview-2015-5

THE X-FILES | Official Trailer.

Russia is mentioned within the first 13 seconds of course! :headbash:

"It will probably start on a Friday, what will seem like an attack on America by terrorists or Russia. Driven by a well oiled, well armed and multinational group of elites, using alien technology the Government's been hiding for 70 years."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1SmJUBT5q0

In 2016 FOX presents the next mind-bending chapter of, THE X-FILES, with a six-episode event series from creator/executive producer Chris Carter. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson return as Mulder and Scully in, THE X-FILES!

Thirteen years after the original series run, the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES is a thrilling, six-episode event series from creator/executive producer Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents FOX MULDER and DANA SCULLY. Mitch Pileggi also returns as FBI ASST. DIR. WALTER SKINNER, Mulder and Scully’s boss, who walks a fine line between loyalty to these investigators and accountability to his superiors. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history. THE X-FILES debuts with a special two-night event beginning Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, and continuing with its time period premiere on Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The upcoming event series will encompass a mixture of stand-alone episodes and those that further the original show’s seminal mythology. In the opening episode, Mulder and Scully take on a case of a possible alien abductee. The all-new episodes will feature appearances by guest stars, including Joel McHale (“Community”), Robbie Amell (“The Flash”), Lauren Ambrose (“Dig,” “Six Feet Under”), Annabeth Gish (“The Bridge”), Annet Mahendru (“The Americans”), Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”), Kumail Nanjiani (“Silicon Valley”) and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as “Cigarette Smoking Man.” Three of the episodes are written and directed by Chris Carter, with the remaining new episodes written and directed by original series veterans Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and James Wong.

I have only seen series one before, but got the complete boxset as a Christmas gift, and am really enjoying it. It will be interesting to see what folk think of this latest series when it airs later this month. I wonder what truthful gems, if any, can be seen amongst the rubble of propaganda?

Thanks for the trailer link!

Mulder talks about having all of this surveillance and the cameras and still we're screwed :)

I'm glad it seems like they are going back to the conspiracy storyline. Piecemeal episodes were ok, but the NWO/etc was what made the show captivating!

[quote author= November 19, 1994 ]Q: Does X-files have the Lizzie influence?
A: No.
Q: Does X-files tell the people what they need to hear?
A: Yes.[/quote]

I suppose the series was put to good use of being a medium that could plant the seed of motivating people to delve in such subjects. Or like the slogan said, ''the truth is out there''

The producer of the show Chris Carter once mentioned that 9/11 Killed X-Files

Can’t tell exactly what he meant by it, but he was convinced that the post 9/11 audience was not suitable for the series.

Maybe its because that in 'peacetime' people may wonder and think about such subjects more openly. But when they are kept in a constant state of fear. People just don’t or can’t think anymore. Hence the lost in interest in anything else that 'can' or 'promise' them to release them from that fear. Why wonder about an alien threat when your neighbor could be a terrorist.

- If you think about it, peacetime is the worst enemy of any pathocracy. To ensure that people won't start thinking. You shouldn't give them air to do so. Without constant war, it can not survive.

Im actually really looking forward to the new season. After watching the episode about JFK, martin luther king and the shadow government, i really enjoy it and was surprised that this sort of episode even existed.

In the trailer for the new season Mulder talks about the police state so am super curious as to the ideas that are gonna be thrown out and it would be nice if there was just some decent tv. Entertainment isn't what it used to be thats for sure!!

p.s The truth is still out there :)

I just watched the trailer. I've got to say, I just LOVE this show! The opening statements have the ring of truth even with Russia mentioned which is the "truth" of propaganda. :)

At 1:40 there is a man in black it appears, the same look as the Observers in Fringe. I thought there would be only 3 episodes so its a pleasant surprise there are 6. I hope i can get it on my tv, my reception is hit or miss do to varies circumstances. Lately I've been called "spooky" a few times, made me think of Mulder!

Hm. I just finished watching the first episode.

It's pretty thick with the Disclosure Project "Space Brothers" spin at the moment.

But there's another bunch of episodes to go still, so who knows?

It's fun to see Mulder and Sculley back in action, though!

Back
Top Bottom