To those who can hear the "Hum"

I just used this website to generate the closest pitch to what I "hear" to figure out what the frequency.

For me the closest pitch / frequency I can get it to is 108 Hz. My headphones can't generate the next octave down from this (54 Hz)

There's all sorts if stuff online about how an octave of this of 432 Hz has some controversy around it.
Thank you for the link, BlueKiwi! The closest to what I hear is 11, 952Hz, it might be tinnitus. But, my husband hears it too, so..who knows!

This might sound funny, but I did some more calculations, and a multiple of 108 Hz is 1811.939328 Mhz. This translates to a wavelength of 16.545392 cm.

I measured the width of my head and it is about 16 cm.

🤣
Does that mean that the size of a person's head may make it possible (or impossible) to pick up certain frequencies?

That actually makes sense to me. That some people may act as a 'tuning fork' or a reciever for certain frequencies based on their physical characteristics. And this would relate to certain frequencies, whether man made or not? It brings to mind two people whom I know to be hearing impaired actually "heard" an earthquake before everyone felt it's presence.

When I first saw your post, I also thought of the hum produced by high voltage transmission lines. Could this represent an increase in electromagnetic pollution?

We are all forced to put up with an increase in this regardless of whether we want to or not, in order to 'take part' in society. Some people would feel the effects of this instantly, many wouldn't, but some people may be able to "hear" it?

Does that mean that the size of a person's head may make it possible (or impossible) to pick up certain frequencies?
I guess I'm trying to get some theory as to what's happening here, how and why some can perceive it.

I was thinking maybe it's a sort of resonance thing going on, so that's why I was looking at harmonics. There's some sort of interaction going on with these EM fields.

Maybe someone more versed in Physics has a better theory.

Yes! I can hear it. I've only been 'aware' of it for a few weeks now but if I 'loosen my memory', I think I've been hearing it, intermittently at least, for a few years.

I turned a room in the basement into a music studio many years back. I put 'Safe 'n Sound' insulation in the ceiling and the walls. I also built floor-to-ceiling base traps in three corners to dampen low frequency reverb (which gets 'trapped' in corners). There are also two 8ft (double thickness) and two 4ft (single thickness) diy acoustic panels (made out of Rockwool flat insulation (used to be called Roxul)) in the room. The room has very little resonance but this low frequency sound prevails. It could be the fact that I've deadened the room so much that that's the reason I can hear it so well.

I heard it this evening, in fact. It was there for a couple of hours, at least, but only really became very aware of it while I was reading several RT articles. I flipped over to the forum to just see what was going on before I went out for a walk and saw this thread in the list. I put my computer to sleep, went for a walk and a smoke, came back and noticed the sound was gone. I then read this thread and started writing. Very strong this time. It made a 'heavy feeling' in my chest which goes away when the sound is gone. Made me wonder if it was the 'heart attack satellite' at work.

When I hear it again, I'll pay more attention to it because of the reports of a 'pulse'. I have not noticed that, but then I was not concentrating on it.

I live in a quiet neighbourhood. Nothing around to create a penetrating tone like that, that I know of. I hear it during the day as well.

It's late, and I need to sleep. But, I have a pair of Celestion Studio Monitor 66 v.2's. They can produce frequencies down to 17hz. I will attempt an experiment of trying to find the frequency by matching the two tones the next time I hear it. I don't know if this will work, but I'll give it a go.

I will attempt an experiment of trying to find the frequency by matching the two tones the next time I hear it
Just a bit more I think I can add - the "pulse" I think is caused by a beat frequency of another part of the Hum.

There's varying reports as to the wavelength of it, but when I notice it, it seems to be about quite slow - repeating about once every few seconds.

For the Auckland hum where I am (NZ) reports are that it's frequency is around 56 Hz. I matched it today to be about 54 Hz (Or an octave of that)

I wonder what generating those two together would produce ?

I have tinnitus also. Two very different frequencies!
Once I tried to go in the car and close the door to see if this changed anything erfaring the hum, but not.

I have "heared" this for years. It is with me all the time. It could be difficult to notice changes, (Except I am occationally healing a pulse).

This session is from 1995, one could be curious if the C's could say something more today, nearly 30 years after:
Q: (L) Okay, I have a bug in my system. I want to know what
this humming sound is that people are hearing all over this
country? I mean people have been reporting hearing this
intense humming sound that literally drives them crazy. There
was a TV special on about this the other night. What is this
humming and where is it coming from?
A: Increased EM waves in preparation for oncoming wave
Q: (L) What is the source of this sound, I mean, where
specifically, location-wise, is it coming from?
A: Cosmic.
Q: (L) Okay, it's cosmic, it's not coming from the planet itself.

We are obviously hearing increased EM waves, the preparation for the coming wave, and have been doing that for many years.
As this preparation goes along, will the "sound" develope? They say increasing EM waves. Is that the puls? Or does increasing means louder sound? 🤪Or is the puls the actual coming wave?

To sum up my speculations:
If, if there is a developement factor in the preparation for the wave, will we humming-hearing develope likewise and be able to hear more (the pulsing???) or is it out of "hearing" range?

Interesting that you mention pulsation because some years ago I suddenly became aware of pulsation and always had a feeling that it is connected to the external world, but the thing is I can feel it in every part of my body, wherever I focus my attention and if I dont, after some focusing of attention and breathing the pulsations comes back to that body part. Dont know if it is the same what you are mentioning here or not.

I suddenly became aware of pulsation and always had a feeling that it is connected to the external world, but the thing is I can feel it in every part of my body, wherever I focus my attention and if I dont, after some focusing of attention and breathing the pulsations comes back to that body part
I think I know what you're saying. It's more of a physical vibration than a sound coming from outside our physical world, emanating from "somewhere else"

It's almost as if going about your daily business, you don't notice it. Only when you stop and still yourself it all of a sudden you start noticing it.

Interesting that you mention pulsation because some years ago I suddenly became aware of pulsation and always had a feeling that it is connected to the external world, but the thing is I can feel it in every part of my body, wherever I focus my attention and if I dont, after some focusing of attention and breathing the pulsations comes back to that body part. Dont know if it is the same what you are mentioning here or not.
On that note... my husband and I feel what we call "the vibration." We always say that 'it's the weather'. Today, he said, "I feel THE vibrations, how about you?" I said, "yup!". In trying to describe it, we agreed that it's like the old t.v. when the screen went like 'bbbbrrrrsssh'. The vibration goes together with the beeeep.

hi @Pluchi, the 11+ kHz sounds close to the frequency i sometimes hear in either ear - sometimes when i’m reading on the cassiopaea site - i call it ear-ringing and i believe it is not tinitus in my case - it’s more like there is something generating the frequency internally and not externally.

@Sheeba mentioned "...it is increasing and changing." yes i agree, and someone else said pulsing, yup i think so too.

thank you @BlueKiwi for posting the sound gen link, the sine wave freq of 105 to 115 hz is in the ball park for the hum i hear too.

twenty years ago i thought it was my house electrical system, we had no wifi, there were no high tension lines, wind turbines or any other thing i could find that would generate the tone. i researched sounds e.g. Schumann resonance and other natural theories yet they didn’t seem to match the hum.

i recall wondering if the hum was due to my work environment - maybe it had damaged my hearing or my head in some way - we used to receive a yearly hearing check, and over 20 years or so some lower frequencies became inaudible - yet i could still hear the hum when i focussed all the other noise out and especially when i was at home, 25 km from the town where i worked.

it's not this either: sound beaming.

about that faraday cage... imho, the hum will go through that too, like water through a shark cage.

why ? well, i don't really know. but my gut says because it's nothing to do with a wave from the e.m. spectrum we know and more to do with the spectrum of thought that we don't yet know - not sure i understand that myself.

cheers.

does anyone else just rummage around not looking for any topic in particular, just reading whatever pops up ?
and then it's like, boom ! wow ! something just fits kinda with what i was thinking about ...
... anyone ? bueller ?

from the october 31, 2001 session:

October 31, 2001
Q: … (L) How often does it alternate?
A: Close to hour long periods.
Q: (L) So when it gets so cold and becomes super conducting, the act of super-conducting is what heats it up? Is that it?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Well once it heats up, how does it then get cold again?
A: It stops conducting.
Q: (L) What is it conducting? When something is super conducting what does it conduct?
A: Electrons.
Q: (A) The point is, you see, that when something is super conducting it offers no resistance. Which means that the current it flows through it, is not heating it. Well we learned that it gets hot because it's super conductive, right? Which is somewhat contradictory because when it is super-conducting there's no reason for it to be hot except it can become hot because there is the hot external shell of iron. So that is very likely why it would become hot. Because by the very definition of super conductivity you don't become hot when you conduct, see? Well, if there are big, very big currents, then okay, they can stop super conductivity, then it gets warm.
A: Currents of this nature set the surrounding iron to vibrating which produces heat, not heat produced by the current.

juuuuust wooondering .... about that hum. hmmmmmm. (lol)

say the earth is a receiver - say the ammonia crystal core acts like a crystal radio (a toy i had when i was 8 yrs old) and receives a wave form, say a thought wave form, and the thermal cyclic effect transduces the thought wave form into a sound wave form which is transmitted from the hot ammonia through to the iron crystal which acts as a transmitter through the planet.
i don't know why some people feel it and some people don't though.

just thinking out loud this morning, thanks for reading it, if anything maybe you smiled.

:-)

I noticed something inconclusive. Which sounds ridiculous.

I finished reading a thread on the forum that took me a few days to complete. It was pretty intense because I wanted to finish it. After, I spent 2 days creating a post. The whole time I was reading then writing, the hum was deafeningly strong and I could feel this heaviness in my chest. The moment I posted, *poof* it all went away. The heaviness is gone, the hum is gone... I'm not sure what to think about that.

Back
Top Bottom