Trump Assassination of Iranian General Soleimani - IRGC Counterstrike

This is a bad idea me thinks.

The Times of Israel

8-11 minute Snip:
“We expect Iran… to bring the guilty to the courts,” the Ukrainian leader wrote on Facebook, calling also for the “payment of compensation” after Tehran admitted downing the plane and killing all 176 people on board.

The about-turn came after officials in Iran had categorically denied Western claims that the Ukraine International Airlines airliner had been
The plane, which had been bound for Kiev, slammed into a field shortly after taking off from Tehran’s Imam Khomeini International Airport before dawn on Wednesday.

It came only hours after Iran’s armed forces launched a wave of missiles at bases hosting American forces in Iraq in response to the killing of Qassem Soleimani, one of Iran’s top generals, in a US drone strike.

“We hope the inquiry will be pursued without deliberate delay and without obstruction,” Zelensky said.

He urged “total access” to the full inquiry for 45 Ukrainian experts, and in a tweet also sought an “official apology.”

The head of Ukraine International Airlines said he was sure all along that the company was not at fault.

“We did not for a second doubt that our crew and our plane could not have been the cause of this terrible, awful air catastrophe,” airline president Evgeniy Dikhne said on Facebook. “They were our best guys and girls. The best.”

Ukraine said Friday its experts dispatched to Iran had been granted access to the flight’s black boxes, debris from the plane, the crash site and to recordings of conversations between the pilot and the airport control tower.

Skipping down:

Russian had initially pushed back against Western intelligence assesments that Iran shot down the plane with a Russian made surface-to-air missile.

Iran had come under mounting pressure to allow a “credible” investigation after video footage emerged appearing to show the plane being hit by a fast-moving object before a flash appears.

A military statement carried by state media said the plane was mistaken for a “hostile target” after it turned toward a “sensitive military center” of the Revolutionary Guard. The military was at its “highest level of readiness,” it said, amid the heightened tensions with the United States.

An excellent video analysis of the possible true nature of the downing of flight UIA flight PS752.

Video Showing Alleged Launch Of Surface-To-Air Missile During Boeing Incident In Iran Appears Online
Snip:

...and the airspace had shortly before been closed to all flights, from what I gathered.
It appears that the airspace was closed afterwards and not before. There is this from Berhard

What I find inexplainable is that the crew of Tor M-1 air defense system did not really consider that the Tehran airport was operating and that civil traffic was likely. More the ten planes had already taken off that before the Ukrainian flight took to the air. The accident happened shortly after 6:00 am local time. Pure speculation: I suspect that a crew change has happened at 6:00 am and that the overnight crew did not really brief the one taking over.

Another leak (ukr) from the Ukrainian side of the investigation gives some hints on how the plane came down (machine translation):

"We took up the restoration of fragments of the aircraft. It was necessary to determine how these pieces of metal dumped into a huge pile should be interconnected.
The intrigue remained until late. The fact is that there were no damages on most parts of the aircraft. There was no explosion and no fire in the engines or on the wings. It is possible that the plane could fall almost intact. Unlike the remains of the Boeing MN-17, there were no immediately visible signs of defeat by combat elements on the fuselage and wings. A lot of damage to the case is the result of a fall. But after laying out all the fragments of the aircraft, it became obvious that the bottom of the cockpit was missing.
Among the wreckage, fragments of the upper part of the cabin were identified. And then the find finally took place - at about 22 hours. On a fragment of the cockpit, we found holes in the damaging elements of the warhead of the rocket, which pierced the skin. We found! For the first time, direct evidence appeared in this case, which made it possible to prove what caused the death of the aircraft. For us it was a turning point.
So what we now understand:
Russian anti-aircraft missile "Tor" hit the liner in the lower part of the front of the fuselage, directly under the cockpit.
A direct hit and the cabin flared up inside. Instantly turned off the transponder of the aircraft, which gives signals about the flight. Instantly lost contact.
While there is no data, one or two missiles have caused such damage. It is possible that the second missile also hit the fuselage from below close to the first. But all this remains to be clarified.
We continue to lay out fragments of the aircraft until the complete collection of all surviving parts.
We expect that today we will gain access to all objective control data.
In cooperation with Iranian colleagues, we get the impression that those who contact us sincerely want to help themselves and figure it out, in general, there are no problems. Let's hope that such a mood and working contacts remain with us now."
From the same post by Berhard, he has another quote from the Airforce general admitting guilt and where it says:
journalist Reza Khaasteh translated on Twitter:

IRGC Aerospace Cmdr: I wish I was dead and such an incident hadn't happened. We in IRGC accept all the responsibility, and are ready to implement any decision made by the Establishment.
IRGC Aerospace Cmdr: I was in the country's west following attacks on US base in Iraq when I heard the news. We sacrificed our lives for our people for a lifetime, and now we're trading our reputation with God (disgracing ourselves) and appear in front of the camera to explain.
IRGC Aerospace Cmdr says we had requested the establishment of a no-fly zone given the war situation. But it was not approved for certain considerations.
Revision: IRGC Aerospace Cmdr says Air Defence operator sent a message to his commanders; but after he didn't receive any response for 10 seconds, he decided to shoot it down.
Video of IRGC Aerospace Cmdr. showing the place on map where the Ukrainian plane was shot down by the air defence.
IRGC Aerospace Cmdr: I informed Iranian officials on Wednesday morning, and said we speculate our own passenger plane has been shot down. But the General Staff of Armed Forces quarantined all those who knew about it, and decided to declare it later.
IRGC Aerospace Cmdr.: The officials, including Aviation authorities, who kept denying the missile hit, are not guilty. They made those remarks based on what they knew. We are to blame for everything.
IRGC Aerospace Cmdr.: We were at that time ready for an all-out war with US. We had reports of cruise missiles fired at Iran. It was an individual's error that caused this tragedy.
So the aerospace command had requested that the airspace be closed due to the war situation, but it was denied. Why?

It might be the military aviation authority that acted upon the 10s decision, however the flight was civilian and the flight plan and the takeoff should not have been permitted by the civilian aviation authority. It seems that chaos reigns supreme In the area.

According to this aerial view the Ukrainian aircraft must have veered off course pretty much.

Either the plane was in trouble and the pilot was trying to make a U-turn or there was a technical glitch that directed the aircraft off course - in the general direction of the anti-aircraft battery.

I can hardly imagine that the Iranians would allow foreign intelligence to manipulate airliners at Imam Khomeini airport, but the B-737 might have arrived at Tehran from Kiev where maintenance and security could be much more generous...

kat23.png

Trump hinted at it shortly after that a mistake had brought it down. As others have mentioned, then the Israelis are good at preparing the circumstances for 'mistakes' to happen.
Not just Trump. Every one insisted that it was an accident, a mistake. This insistance I think is very strange, this before knowing what really happened. Don't you think so?

Ehrlich gesagt - ich komme nicht aus dem Staunen heraus. Großes Kino. Der Iran entschuldigt sich für das Schießen des Flugzeugs. Trump schreit, er wolle den Iran zerstören und dann erzählen, was für ein schönes Land der Iran ist und alles in Ordnung sein wird. Der Iran ruft den Irak an und teilt ihm mit, dass einige Bomben auf dem Boden liegen, die auf die grüne Wiese fallen. Israel glaubt, dass sie nichts damit zu tun haben und nicht gestört werden wollen. Hast du jemals solchen Unsinn gehört? Was für mich auffälliger wäre, wäre, dass Putin sein Raketenabwehrsystem im Nahen Osten ausbaut, was einen Krieg zwischen den USA und Israel nicht länger ermöglichen wird. Trumps historische Position war in den letzten zwei Jahren verwirrend - seine Ziele waren unterschiedlich. Jetzt nähert er sich Russland, was historisch nie passieren durfte.

Ehrlich gesagt - ich komme nicht aus dem Staunen heraus. Großes Kino. Der Iran entschuldigt sich für das Schießen des Flugzeugs. Trump schreit, er wolle den Iran zerstören und dann erzählen, was für ein schönes Land der Iran ist und alles in Ordnung sein wird. Der Iran ruft den Irak an und teilt ihm mit, dass einige Bomben auf dem Boden liegen, die auf die grüne Wiese fallen. Israel glaubt, dass sie nichts damit zu tun haben und nicht gestört werden wollen. Hast du jemals solchen Unsinn gehört? Was für mich auffälliger wäre, wäre, dass Putin sein Raketenabwehrsystem im Nahen Osten ausbaut, was einen Krieg zwischen den USA und Israel nicht länger ermöglichen wird. Trumps historische Position war in den letzten zwei Jahren verwirrend - seine Ziele waren unterschiedlich. Jetzt nähert er sich Russland, was historisch nie passieren durfte.
Google translate: Jetzt nähert er sich Russland, was historisch nie passieren durfte.
Now he is approaching Russia, which historically has never been allowed to happen.
Agreed, its a show for the masses to be confused and afraid. Except I dont see how Trump is nearing Russia (if that is what you meant)? Aligning USA geopoliticaly with Russia?

My first thought about Iran admitting a mistake was also that maybe they decided it was better to do that for some reason, whether or not it was true that they downed the airplane. But after reading the statements and how it supposedly happened, I think that it is quite possible that this is actually what happened. It is unfortunate, of course. A tragedy. But because things were in such high alert, mistakes like this are possible, OSIT. That plane shouldn't have been flying over Tehran at that time.

The situation somehow strongly seems to echo the downing of the russian military plane over Syria by Syrian air defense a while ago, while most likely Israel did a sneaky move that tricked the Syrians into shooting it down, in the hopes of a: souring the relations between Syria with Russia and b; feeding the idea of the "necessity" in the minds of ordinary people and policy makers that something "has to be done about that evil regime in Syria" in the form of an intervention of one sort or the other.

I also think that the circumstance surrounding the event are somewhat similar to the downing of the Russian airplane in Syria. But I think that in this case, there wasn't the same amount of activity happening in the airspace... I don't know though.

In this article here, the first paragraph says: "Iran’s military announced early Saturday that it had accidentally shot down a Ukrainian passenger jet, blaming human error because of what it called the plane’s sharp, unexpected turn toward a sensitive military base." Which makes me wonder what the original trajectory of the plane was as opposed to where it was hit and if it wasn't off course. If Ursus Minor's picture is accurate, doesn't that seem unusual when comparing where the flight data ends as opposed to the location of the debris field in relation to the base?

In this article here, the first paragraph says: "Iran’s military announced early Saturday that it had accidentally shot down a Ukrainian passenger jet, blaming human error because of what it called the plane’s sharp, unexpected turn toward a sensitive military base." Which makes me wonder what the original trajectory of the plane was as opposed to where it was hit and if it wasn't off course. If Ursus Minor's picture is accurate, doesn't that seem unusual when comparing where the flight data ends as opposed to the location of the debris field in relation to the base?
They must have seen a boogey in the radar and tried an evasive maneuver?

They must have seen a boogey in the radar and tried an evasive maneuver?

How about a BOEING-HONEYWELL Uninterruptible Autopilot system?

edition.cnn.com

Not only is it “uninterruptible” — so that even a tortured pilot cannot turn it off — but it can be activated remotely via radio or satellite by government agencies.

pilotsfor911truth

We'll probably never know if the Ukrainian B-737 was equipped with that system.

The strong denials and then the limited admission of guilt are vaguely reminiscent of a psychopathic mind. Of course, it would not be fair to tar the whole country's population with that label - clearly, it is a function of Iran's decision-makers.

Nevertheless, it is very telling and I doubt that it is a part of an elaborate plan to demonise Iran. They simply do not need any help in that department...

The following news item highlights something interesting. Here, we see different reactions to the crisis - deflection of blame to the US, sincere apologies, offer of compensation, etc. I think it demonstrates that there is an internal rift within Iran and it will be fascinating to see how the story develops.

There may be hints of progressive thinking in a country that is basically built on a violent, religious ideology - and bad trigger-happy attitude. I also sense a dash of Imperialist ambitions, perhaps an echo of the ages gone by.

If the US departs the region, it will create a power vacuum. Who will fill the void?

By the way, Ukraine demanding money at this stage of the crisis is in bad taste. Too soon Ukraine - I do hope that the necessary amends are made, truly - though remain sceptical. However, now is not the time to make financial demands.

Canadians seem to be a bit more subtle, which is good to see - certainly, the level of class I would expect from a fantastic country like that.

2.5c
I'll try and respond to your post in more detail soon but I'm busy at the moment. Can I ask are you aware that Iran has been in the cross hairs of Israel/USA and the west for a number of years now? I not sure you grasp the situation or your thinking clearly. Accusing Iran of having a bad trigger happy attitude compared to the west is a little strange imo. You are aware of what's been going on in the middle East and who's behind Isis? Which countries have been pushing regime change throughout the region?

Today there was Canada's Trudeau Claims 'Intel From Multiple Sources' Points to Iran Shooting Down Ukrainian Boeing - UPDATE: Iran Confesses! -- Sott.net which thus presents a surprisingly quick solution to the question of the cause for the downing especially if the further details of the case hold. Rockets or anti air missile are often heat seeking which explains the "engine failiure". Some years ago Ukraine shot down a Russian passenger plane and before that the US show down an Iranian airliner.
Reasons aside, this latest case is very tragic, may the victims rest and peace and their families find consolation and healing.

There might be a little misunderstanding.

The flight data shown (by a blue line) indicate the way the previous flight (the day before) had taken. At least that's my understanding. So the plane's sharp, unexpected turn to the right is not mirrored by the chart.

The interesting question seems to be: Who or what intervened in the plane's regular flight path?

Back
Top Bottom