Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

Breaking:
Source

View attachment 91210

T. Carlson - Putin ...

TUCKER: Let's touch on climate change. It is still gaining ground in the United States and Europe. What is your position?

PUTIN: Humanity is not even a Type 1 civilization on the Kardashev scale.
If we cannot harness the energy potential of the planet, how can we control the climate?

TUCKER: Are you at least worried?

PUTIN: I'm more interested in real problems. Climate change is not one of them. Earth does a fairly good job of regulating itself. And if it gets a little warmer in Siberia, so much the better. More agricultural land for Russia.

TUCKER: But what would you say to true believers who believe we're headed for disaster?

PUTIN: I would tell them that worrying about climate change is like complaining about the weather. If you don't like the climate, move. If you're worried about the weather, bring an umbrella.

The full interview will be published later by Tucker.

View attachment 91208

View attachment 91209

It seems to me like something that someone did with AI or was written quickly, the answers are too simple in some points like those in Ukraine.
Maybe the interview would take place on another occasion? Carlson and his team perhaps went to the presidential buildings to manage the details of carrying it out.

Last edited:
So, whilst I can see what Tucker gains, I don't see what Putin or Russia gains?
A chance to speak directly to a very large Western audience without having to worry much about your words being spun by the media outlet interviewing you. I don't really see a security risk at all. They are in the Kremlin.

I don't think Putin should accept to be interviewed by Tucker. First of all, I think it presents a big security risk (why take such a risk?) and second, Putin doesn't care about what Western population thinks of him. So, whilst I can see what Tucker gains, I don't see what Putin or Russia gains?
I seriously doubt it is a security risk. Carlson's father was Voice of America...so I am sure they have the appropriate level of distrust and probably know how to mitigate just about anything the current CIA (gross incompetence) can come up with like the poison on flesh contact that the US was going to use to assasinate North Korea's leader that was disclosed recently.

From the most Machiavellian perspective, it makes sense - the more he can contribute to dividing the country, the more Russia benefits. If he does want to launch a strike on Con US at some point as I am sure the neo cons believe (and are deliberately pushing him towards...), you would want to foment a Civil War stateside first - and what better way than injecting more truth into the conversation and triggering a pattern most Americans can recognize as morons at MSM media outlets having a cow because someone allowed someone to speak? And some normies actually watch Tucker that would not have seen ANYTHING about what actually happened in the Donbass. I am sure a lot of moderates might even tune in for the curiosity factor and have their heads explode with truth.

Even if he has no malicious intent, it is more profitable for Russia to have the current administration embarrassed publicly by having their lies exposed in public (not to mention personally gratifying for Putin) and get the current morons out so he does not have to waste more resources on this stupid proxy war in the Ukraine. There is no question Russia will prevail, it is just an easier road ahead if he has someone with a brain who will "stop the war on day one" in office than the idiots in charge. And let's be honest every day the neocons are in charge with any nation with nukes is a risky proposition, and Putin knows it. You can deal with stupid but not corrupt. You can deal with corrupt but not stupid. But this baffling combination of stupidity and corruption is totally unpredictable could send the world until a nuclear conflagration at any minute, because some DEI hire had another brilliant idea like lets nuke Crimea to deter the Russians!

The Russians clear lack of savvy has been one of their weaknesses in the war. Lavrov says all the right things, but their obvious and understandable apathy actually does affect their ability to get the message out. This war might have been over already if they had some more sophisticated psychological operations going in the US. That is assuming that it was not their own purpose to drag this out to bankrupt Europe and the West, which I think might give Putin more credit than he deserves. I think it would be hard to war game the US and Europe being this incompetent - again stupid and corrupt and all your game theory stuff goes out the window.

I don't think Putin should accept to be interviewed by Tucker. First of all, I think it presents a big security risk (why take such a risk?) and second, Putin doesn't care about what Western population thinks of him. So, whilst I can see what Tucker gains, I don't see what Putin or Russia gains?

Well, for one, I don't think the Russian rulers have anything against western population, which is the audience that will be watching this. So what better way to ensure that this message gets across the people, and counteract the silly propaganda against them?

I think you're right about them not allowing themselves to care about the lies spread about them, they probably expect those. But I think the human connection is worth the risk of an interview with an American. Russia has never had anything against the western population, remember all they did to keep nordstream running? and all they do to keep on selling gas to Europe despite all their attacks?

I think Russian leaders see the reality of the situation that many in the west see ourselves, western population are human beings ruled by absolute lunatics. And talking to them directly is the best hope they have of ensuring that that population understand that fact, IMO.

The Russians clear lack of savvy has been one of their weaknesses in the war. Lavrov says all the right things, but their obvious and understandable apathy actually does affect their ability to get the message out. This war might have been over already if they had some more sophisticated psychological operations going in the US. That is assuming that it was not their own purpose to drag this out to bankrupt Europe and the West, which I think might give Putin more credit than he deserves.

I don't think is apathy, I tend to think they not interested in waging an information war against the West inside the West, because there is no point in doing so, they seem are more interested in getting the information out to the so-called Global South, AKA, the rest of the world.

As for bankrupting Europe and the West, well, the US is doing a pretty good job at that already. They could've ended it right away in March or April 2022 but they didn't, meaning that the choice of dragging this for years was on the US and its allies, and they chose to sacrifice Ukraine for their plans.

Can we really blame the Russians for going slow with this? I have no doubt that there are voices in Russia willing to go all-in and end this thing by carpet-bombing Kiev, but that would definitely bring chaos that could ultimately also hurt Russia, there are intricate commercial relationships that are complex and hard to balance between Russia and Europe. And something like this could also trigger the panic mode in Europe and seduce them to do even more stupid things, pushed by the US.

Putin coming on Tuckers show would be the ultimate showtime. But why would you do it if you were Putin?

A chance to speak directly to a very large Western audience without having to worry much about your words being spun by the media outlet interviewing you. I don't really see a security risk at all. They are in the Kremlin.

I don’t think Putin/Russia has anything to lose there. On the contrary, they have everything to gain from such an interview. Most especially the sympathy and understanding of ordinary folks in the west. Putin likely sees it in that way too IMO.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
I also doubt Putin cares about what western people think of him.
But he seems to care very much about what people think. So after watching some of his televised Q&A sessions with the Russian public I can easily imagine him embracing an opportunity to be interviewed by an intelligent and coming rapidly ‘up to speed’ western investigative journalist such as Tucker Carlson.

So far as the latest rumors on x suggest that Tucker was at the Kremlin yesterday for an hour long pre interview discussion. Today his team was apparently observed moving filming equipment for the interview. Which might happen today.

Get the popcorn ready!

Putin and his team are surely smart and well informed enough to know that many in the West have taken the opportunity to inform themselves about Russia. The information is available - transcripts and videos of his previous speeches and interviews are generally available, information control works differently here. However, they know this only applies to a minority of people here. Journalists like Tucker can reach a lot more people, so Putin has nothing to lose by taking the opportunity to reach a few more people. He knows that people here are becoming increasingly unhappy with their governments for various reasons and blaming Russia is not working very well to diffuse tensions. That's because the information is getting through to them, on some level most people seem to understand that Russia is not the threat it is being depicted as.

It's a great opportunity to directly address this, some will believe him, some won't. Putin is an excellent orator and conversationalist. If more people watched him directly (rather than accepting carefully chosen bad photos or deliberately misleading quotes) they would see the contrast with their own pitiful leaders. It's not like he needs this, or is counting on anything sensible whatsoever to happen in the West, but he has a long history of patiently trying to avoid the most confrontational approach.

There's also some really juicy topics like biolabs and false flags which could get some more traction but I think those would be less likely to feature, but who knows?

Can we really blame the Russians for going slow with this? I have no doubt that there are voices in Russia willing to go all-in and end this thing by carpet-bombing Kiev, but that would definitely bring chaos that could ultimately also hurt Russia, there are intricate commercial relationships that are complex and hard to balance between Russia and Europe. And something like this could also trigger the panic mode in Europe and seduce them to do even more stupid things, pushed by the US
From the discussions I've read, it seems that the Russians went slow at the beginning because they thought that many Ukrainians would support them against the neo-nazi flavoured government, and perhaps bring the government to the negotiating table. But that didn't work out, the Ukrainians didn't in general support them, and the 'West" kyboshed the fruitful negotiations between the Ukraine and Russia.
Yes, there appears to be some segment of the Russian population that would like to end the war quickly through, as you say, carpet bombing Kiev. There are consequences to that sort of action that I think the Russians would not like to deal with, not the least that they are fellow Slavs, and Kiev the first capital of Russia. They're going slow now to keep Russian casualties as low as possible.
I am sure that the commercial relationships you speak of are a factor, plus the perceptions that if Russia did go 'all out' aggressive that would play into the narrative of Russia wanting to attack Europe.

IMO I think our Putin would be better emphasising the ethics and traditions of Russia that are sadly lacking in the West. How it unifies them and how he adheres to the importance of the family, the Divine, clean food, nurturing children together with proper education and help from the State where needed for pregnant women etc.
The growth of their economy and how the sanctioned actually helped them become self sufficient very quickly. How they are 'defence ready', as they have been forced to be. And will do everything to protect their true freedom and culture. Also embracing unity without the 'phobes' and madness of 'wokism'.
Also the extraordinarly energy he has put into forming relationships with all the global south, forming BRICS, going from stregth to strenth with alliances to protect the sovereignty of other countries as a whole.
By emphasizing their strengths all others can be left to form their own comparisons to the dross ad evil they have governing their own countries. The ever present 'choice' that humanity must make.

Back
Top Bottom