Turkey shot down Russian bomber over Syria

Re: Turkey shot down Russian fighter jet over Syria

sbeaudry said:
I had a serious deja vu watching Putin talk about Turkey rushing to NATO. This is surreal. That's an unprovoked act of war. Putin and Russia showing great restraint so far. This smells to high heaven of yet another provocation to drag Russia into war with NATO and Putin is calling on the international community instead of having a knee jerk reaction. It will be interesting to see what the NATO meeting amounts to this evening. Was Turkey going rogue to protect their Turkmen and stolen oil racket when they did this or was it a planned NATO event to gauge Russian and international community's responses? Kind of scary. Putin said it right. It's a crime and it cannot go unpunished.

Had similar thoughts as well - just feeling really sick with where the ptb are heading with this :mad:. One thing we can be sure is that Putin will have a very measured, but equally strong response against this provocation/act of war....the line has definitely been crossed. I only hope that somehow China shows its hand as an ally, if/when NATO uses this contrived act to ramp up the drums of war...

It may be a test from the PTB. How will Russia react?

If nothing, then they will shoot down more of their jets and say they violated some airspace or something like that. Putin has got some thinking to do. You can bet your bottom dollar that Turkey has got the full backing of NATO so no criminal charges will stick. Objective data means nothing either. Truth is the first casualty of war. What Russia says, Turkey will just say the opposite (with nato backing!).

Russia might have to take this on the chin and steer well clear of the Turkish border.

#the law means nothing when you are dealing with criminals.

So far American media are stating that Russia's account is far different than Turkey's and are blaming Russia for violating Turkish airspace, crowding of Syria's airspace by coalition planes, and stating how Turkey warned the jet 10 times in 5 minutes, etc. The mental gymnastics necessary to justify downing this plane are mind boggling. Responses in comments sections of these articles (NPR, CNN, etc.) are predominantly blaming Russia. I don't get it. This is nuts. Reap what we sow and that's what scares me most as an American citizen. If the US and NATO don't condemn the attack, then what? This is spiraling quickly since Putin named names and started taking it to ISIS in a big way. It should be clear at this juncture that Turkey is supporting ISIS, but I guess that isn't clear when people don't have eyes to see or don't want to use them. Propaganda machine seems to be going into overdrive here.

We, sane citizens of Turkey who suffer from Erdogan (and also against his politics against Syria) were expecting something like this in the last few weeks. Let me try to emphasize some dots to connect :

1- Erdogan and his party AKP and the political Islam model they're presenting came in power with a very big support of US Neo-cons in strictly secular Turkey in 2002. The standart economic hit man method was one of the tools they used to prepare Erdogan's victory. I tried to explain this period a few years ago in another Syria thread.

2- After in 2013 -maybe earlier- Erdogan was no more very suitable and usefull for his masters in USA because of mainly :

a)His (and his AKP's) crazy and narcissistic ideals in Syria and ME made him less controllable for US agenda in Syria and ME.

b) His unbalanced manner in foreign politics, like threatening US and Nato with joining Shanghai Organisation or buying missiles from China etc. (normally i would support Turkey leaving NATO and cooperating more with Russia but we knew that Erdogan was only playing an ignorant and childish game to threaten his masters to secure his position.

3- This year in June there were parliamentarian elections in Turkey.

4- A bomb went off in Diyarbakir, 2 days before the elections during the Kurdish party HDP's rally.Now this is important because there's a 10% of electoral threshold in Turkey and Kurdish party was in critical position. And if they would exceed the 10% threshold as 4th party that would automatically mean reduction in Erdogan's AKP party. And with the psychology of victimization Kurdish Party HDP got more than 13% of the votes. Many Turkish anti-Erdogan liberals and Islamist Kurds (who vote normally for Erdogan) supported the Kurdish party.

5- So in June elections Erdogan (AKP) lost significant power and the majority of the parliament to rule by their own. But instead of establishing a coalition government with another the opposition party Erdogan -partly illegally- forced Turkey to repeat the elections in November. At this point i must add that loosing the power of being the only ruling party is an unacceptable nightmare for Erdogan because he knows if that happens sooner or later he will be on trial for the crimes and corruption cases he committed.

6- IMHO Putin's unexpected brave move in Syria in September/ early October was a real game changer. It firstly shocked and then forced TPTB/US/NATO to implement emergency plans which involves a proxy country to stand against Russia in Syria. But this could be not possible or too risky with a coalition government with a opposition party. So the old puppet Erdogan was the only option to go. Besides he was in a desperate position and suitable to accept any new deal.

7- On October 10th, a bomb went off in Turkey's capital Ankara, killing nearly 120 people. Like many others i think this was a false flag coordinated by CIA (and Turkish intelligence agency) even though the perpetrators could be ISIS militants.

8) Right after this bombing event and followed by Erdogan's fear mongering statements that more terrorist attacks could happen if there's no strong one-party government in power, Erdogan's AKP's votes raised dramatically in polls. And in the elections on November 1st they won 49% of the votes (5 months ago in June elecions they won only 40% and they were in a decline trend.

9) So the bottom line is Erdogan has gained more power than ever before, his shelflife (for USA) is extended one more time. And his one-man government is basically more capable to do what his masters in USA and West want him to do.

[quote author=sbeaudry]Responses in comments sections of these articles (NPR, CNN, etc.) are predominantly blaming Russia[/quote]

Same here, (Netherlands) the death of the pilot is even marked as justice served by quite a few. Why is it necessary to even say that? But that’s nothing compared to the hate parade Muslims receive. I usually refrain myself from reading comments. Prevents me from losing hope but I suppose facing reality is better. All I see are a lot of people creation can do without. Better prepare for the new world and let the old one die.

[quote author=sbeaudry]If the US and NATO don't condemn the attack, then what?[/quote]

If there is ever one inch of resistance left in Europe they could use this as a perfect pretext to get out of NATO. If one member or several keeps flirting with Armageddon, why stay part of it? Germany + France are seeking a way to end US hegemony in Europe. Stepping out of NATO will do just that.

If nothing significant happens. Things can only get worse, not better. The split in the alliance has to happen now, if it doesn't I don't think it ever will.

I wrote a letter to Putin expressing my sadness and show of support for all that he and Russia are doing and facing right now. Might not mean much, but these are even darker times if we lose Russia. Maybe a show of support will help. Just a thought.

bjorn said:
If there is ever one inch of resistance left in Europe they could use this as a perfect pretext to get out of NATO. If one member or several keeps flirting with Armageddon, why stay part of it? Germany + France are seeking a way to end US hegemony in Europe. Stepping out of NATO will do just that.

If nothing significant happens. Things can only get worse, not better. The split in the alliance has to happen now, if it doesn't I don't think it ever will.

Yes, I hope at least 1 member expresses outrage at Turkey's criminal action but I won't hold my breath. I'm still not sure if Turkey just went all 'shoot from the hip' or not. My guess is that this was a planned event, just waiting for Russia to get close enough. They screwed up though by letting the plane crash 4 km into Syria. Had it crashed in Turkey the news would be much easier to spin.

EDIT: It's hard to say they were in Turkish airspace when the plane goes straight down and lands 2.5 miles from the border. Good grief.

Latest, unconfirmed:

https://www.rt.com/news/323306-video-russia-helicopter-syria/
FSA video claims Russian-made helicopter hit with TOW missile near Su-24 crash site

A video of Syrian rebels allegedly firing at a Russian-made helicopter on the ground has been posted on a YouTube channel associated with the FSA’s 1st Coastal Brigade. The helicopter is said to have been on a search mission for the pilots of the Su-24 jet downed by Turkey in Syria.

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the militants stuck the helicopter with an anti-tank missile.

The Free Syrian Army (FSA), considered to be the so-called “moderate opposition” by the West, has received US Tow missiles among other weaponry.

The video released by the rebel group shows two helicopters flying over a wooded area. The clip then switches to a militant setting up and arming a TOW anti-missile rocket launcher.

It’s followed by footage of a helicopter on the ground filmed from a distance, which is blown up by a direct hit.

However, the distance and the quality of the video don’t make it possible to establish the allegiance of the helicopter.

Reuters earlier reported that FSA fighters hit a Russian helicopter forcing it to make an emergency landing in a nearby government-held area in Syria's Latakia province.

The helicopter was said to have been searching for pilots of a Russian jet downed by Turkey earlier on Tuesday.

It is yet unclear who the helicopter was operated by - Syrian or Russian forces. But the rebels can be heard in the video saying they have hit a Syrian chopper.

Erdogan is one evil sumbitch. Talk about a place that needs a "regime change".

Wow. Things are really heating up. Are they really trying to start an all out war with Russia?!?!?!?!

An indication where this is heading?

Germanys biggest tabloid newspaper the "Bildzeitung", which is owned by the US/Israel and famous for Propaganda, published this:
http://de.sott.net/article/20162-Unglaublich-dumm-ARD-und-Bild-berichten-dass-Putin-Turkei-angriff

ciablood2NBLSH.png

The headline says: "Putin attacks Turkey"

A lot of readers protested and now they changed the headline into: "Putin threatens Turkey"

Laura said:
Erdogan is one evil sumbitch. Talk about a place that needs a "regime change".

And in typical psychopathic fashion, Erdogan is a big risk taker. And blind in regardt to the consequences.

Time for a cosmic Turkey shoot (pun intended).

Reasonable people in turkey are suffering from Erdogan since 2002, and reasonable people in turkey think about putin very positively, but it was very irritating for them that putin supports erdoğan until the Russian intervention in Syria. For example he said at the end of the last year:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has described Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan as a “tough man,” praising him for not being intimidated by a potential Western reaction against Russia's decision to scrap the South Stream gas pipeline in favor of replacing it with a route through Turkey.

Putin surprised European countries during a visit to the Turkish capital Ankara on Dec. 1, when he announced that Moscow was scrapping the South Stream gas pipeline that was set to pass through Bulgaria, citing EU objections as the reason. He said Russia would instead build a gas hub at the border between Turkey and Greece to pump gas to southern Europe.
_http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/putin-praises-erdogan-as-tough-man-for-defying-eu-over-pipeline-decision.aspx?pageID=238&nID=75795&NewsCatID=359

I hope that putin is able to see the real face of erdogan now, an islamist authocratic puppet of USrael.

According to the RADAR trace of the Russian SU-24 the violation of the Turkish airspace is very minor and it is completely unnecessary to shoot down the airplane, for more details see: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-shoots-down-russian-jet-for-airspace-violation-near-syrian-border.aspx?pageID=238&nID=91580&NewsCatID=352

SouthFront
Turkey’s President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is to chair a security summit later on Tuesday following the downing of the Russian fighter jet.
BREAKING: Russian SU-24 Shot Down near the Turkish border 24.11.2015
http://southfront.org/breaking-russian-su-24/
It will be attended by armed forces and intelligence chiefs.

Are numerous Russian air and rocket strikes expected at Tuesday night in northern Latakia near the Turkish border in response of SU-24 shooting down?

Will Russia answer by targeting the Turkish air defence?

Update 16:00. It’s clear that SU-24 frontline bomber has been shot down by two Turkish F-16s. SU-24 was attacked insidiously and unexpectedly.

Update 15:50. Tomorrow meeting between foreign ministers of Russia and Turkey is canceled.

Update 15:45. Turkmen brigade deputy commander Alpaslan Celik tells Reuters: “Both of the pilots were retrieved dead. Our comrades opened fire into the air and they died in the air.”

Update 14:40. At least 1 Russian pilot captured after being shot down by Turkey (Approved)

Update 14:30. Millitary experts: from all appearances SU-24 has been shot down by Turkish medium-range surface-to-air missile of MIM-23 Hawk, not MIM-104 Patriot under US crew, that now out-of-service in Turkey. (Not approved)

SouthFront Image
NATO-WAR-PROVOCATION-2.jpg

Pashalis said:
An indication where this is heading?

Germanys biggest tabloid newspaper the "Bildzeitung", which is owned by the US/Israel and famous for Propaganda, published this:
http://de.sott.net/article/20162-Unglaublich-dumm-ARD-und-Bild-berichten-dass-Putin-Turkei-angriff

ciablood2NBLSH.png

The headline says: "Putin attacks Turkey"

A lot of readers protested and now they changed the headline into: "Putin threatens Turkey"

Wow! Just, wow! What?!? They shoot down a Russian plane fighting extremists and somehow the Russians are the A-holes??? Flabbergasted is my word of the day. On a positive note, many people on FB are expressing outrage toward Turkey and showing support for Russia so let's hope WW3 doesn't kick off today

Back
Top Bottom