V for Vendetta

Fair call Luke, I don't think it is to do so much with confirming people's fears, rather an offshoot of social engineeering and not always with a negative slant. Much as the Romans recognised bread and circuses kept the masses happy, today industrialised nations ensure a constant and steady food supply(never forget,we are only 3 square meals from anarchy!!) and keep us entertained in a variety of ways. In the permissible ways that the creative mind can express itself it is not unknown for certain esoteric concepts to be woven into plots, scenes etc. To the open and enquiring amongst us I believe it to be a blessing that such films do exist as it allows non-mainstream concepts to reach a mainstream audience. The kids film Monsters Inc., I thought was a wonderful way to show how laughter can invigorate so much more than fear. Long may these films be made and long may we be able to express our discernment in watching them.

jimmy

p.s. i reckon the recent re-make of the TV series "V" set a few keyboards shaking!!

jimmy said:
p.s. i reckon the recent re-make of the TV series "V" set a few keyboards shaking!!

Yah, seriously someone in hollywood is one step ahead. What a very very interesting show. Very interesting that they release now aswell. Aliens coming as saviours. Aliens being welcomed with open hands. Aliens not being so benevolent despite first appearances.

Ohhhh, where have we heard this before??

I'll tell you where. Not from the mainstream!!

Just a reminder, tomorrow, Friday, is the 5th of November, as V says: Remember, Remember, the 5th of November.

Time to get the DVD out for another viewing. :D

Trevrizent said:
Just a reminder, tomorrow, Friday, is the 5th of November, as V says: Remember, Remember, the 5th of November.

Yep! I'll be changing my Facebook profile picture :D

Ana said:
Trevrizent said:

Good idea.
v_vendetta.gif

Gandalf said:
Ana said:
Trevrizent said:

Good idea.
v_vendetta.gif

Me to. You can kill the man , but not the idea!

Away With The Fairys said:
Gandalf said:
Ana said:
Trevrizent said:

Good idea.
v_vendetta.gif

Me to. You can kill the man , but not the idea!
Thanks for the reminder! I'll be doing this also.

luke wilson said:
All these movies were produced by organisations that are part of the system. So why would they do this?? Why would they produce movies that play out the viewers worst nightmare and show them, that a hero can rise and the hero can win...

Similar to jimmy's comment on social engineering, a possibility that occurred to me is that through movies like "V", a population can engage in a revolution of sorts, experiencing some emotional release vicariously, while at the same time, putting more money into the media mogul's pockets.

Rather devious, if you ask me. Still love the movie, though. :)

there is an article from Laura about the movie and the connection to the present time we live in (SOTT):

"V is for Vendetta - Give a Penny for the Guy!" http://www.sott.net/articles/show/143031-V-is-for-Vendetta-Give-a-Penny-for-the-Guy-

I just finished reading Life is Real Only Then, When 'I Am' and something occured to me while reading that may or may not be a little out there.

Gurdjieff says:

So now,, after everything which has been explained by me, I think already any reader can easily represent to himself what a dilemma then arose for me, when, after working for almost three years with unimaginable difficulties and being ready to die happily, I certainly and clearly understood, without doubt, that, of these writings of mine, people who did not know me personally could understsand absolutely nothing.

My categorical decision, to which I came on the 6th of November, 1927, consisted in the following:

To mobilize all the capacities and possibilities in my common presence, both those personally achieved and those inherited, and until the moment of the arrival of the next new year, which moment is that of my appearance on God's Earth, to discover some possible means of satisfactorily emerging from such a situation.

If unable to discover this means, then, on the evening of the last day of the old year, to begin to destroy all my writings, calculating the time so as, at midnight with the last page, to destroy myself also.

End quote

If arrival of the next new year is taken as the last day of that current year being November 5th it is yet another reason to remember!

Wow! Just saw that movie! It's very, very good!

I now classify it as being one of the movies that contains a lot of important messages. Just like The Matrix and the Wizard of Oz.

I recommend it!

I think we should schedule our annual watching of "V for Vendetta" on November 5th! We can have a party!

Back
Top Bottom